Fixing the Future

By hollyb84

Alyssa Granger lost a lot during the war and so when her and Luna Lovegood are thrown back in time, it may ju... More

War is Raging
Aren't you dead?
Sorted!
Introductions
Wood
First Lesson
Patronus times three
Swimming
Boggarts
Liam
Blacks Back Together
Sorting Memories
Letter
Werewolf
Truth
1.1
1.2
1.3
A/N
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
A/N
1.9
2.0
2.2
2.3
A/N
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
Coffee
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
Detentions and gossip
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9

2.1

6.8K 201 11
By hollyb84

Alyssa was walking along the corridor when she heard sobs coming from the girls' bathroom. She frowned and walked to the door, quietly entering to see a figure bent over the sink. She walked cautiously over to her until she was about a metre away.
'Hi?'
The girl spun with a start to face her and Alyssa gasped in surprise. It was one of the girls from the train. She had shiny blonde hair that fell in a sheet to just below her shoulders and pale skin with green eyes. Her face, however, were covered in big red spots.

Narcissa cringed in horror and the others looked a mix between disgusted and sympathetic for the girl.

Alyssa stared with her eyes slightly widened in surprise and the girl scowled,
'What are you doing here?'
'Sorry, I just heard crying and wanted to check you were okay.'
'I'm fine- now get out!'
Alyssa decided to just ignore this statement, instead asking,
'What happened? To your face I mean.'
'Those Weasley twins.' She said in irritation.

'That's a great prank idea!' Sirius exclaimed and the others groaned in annoyance as the marauders made noises of agreement.

'That's doesn't surprise me somehow.' She muttered under her breath.
'What.'
'Nothing.' She spoke at normal volume again, 'I think I know a spell that can remove them if you want.'

'Still all pro house unity back then too I see.' Sirius sighed. Lily whacked his arm before turned to Alyssa,
'I think it's great. Not many people would do that.'

Her face twisted into one of rage,
'The twins sent you, didn't they? This is part of the prank- you're probably going to make me look even worse.'
'No, no! Of course not. I do sometimes help them with pranks, yes, but I wasn't involved in this. I genuinely want to help.'
She frowned in confusion.
'Why?'
'Huh'
'Why would you want to help me- you don't even know me and plus, I'm a Slytherin.'
'So...'
'You're a Gryffindor.'
'Call me an idiot, but you're gonna have to spell it out to me cos I don't see why it matters.'

She rolled her eyes discreetly,
'Our houses hate each other.'
'They're school houses.'
'Yeah.'
'Why the fuck should a school house decide who I can help and who my friends should be.'
'You're weird.'
'Thanks... I think. Now do you want me to help or not.'
She gestured for Alyssa to go ahead so she pulled out her wand and pointed it at her face making the girl look worried before she chanted the spell.

The spots disappeared from her face and she spun to face the mirror before her face broke into a grin.
'Thank you. By the way, my name's Daphne Greengrass.'

'Ryleigh's kid?' Evan questioned and Alyssa nodded. Bellatrix frowned,
'Does that mean her husband took her name.'
'That's right.' Luna confirmed. Bellatrix scrunched up her face in confusion,
'How bizarre.'

Alyssa smiled back.
'Alyssa Granger.'
Daphne held out her hand for Alyssa to shake but after glancing at it, she promptly ignored it and dragged the girl into a crushing hug. Daphne froze in surprise before reciprocating it rather stiffly.

Narcissa chuckled,
'As a pureblood that must of been so weird for her.'
Regulus raised an eyebrow,
'Isn't it interesting how in this memory Alyssa has been at Hogwarts only  for a couple of weeks and yet she's a Gryffindor already with two Slytherin friends.These days there are literally no Gryffindor-Slytherin friendships.'
They all took this in with interest and Alyssa shrugged, she had a fair few friends from other houses unlike her sister, Harry and Ron who all seemed to have solely Gryffindor friends.

Harry picked at his breakfast, not in the mood to eat.
'Take a bit of toast, mate. Go on.'
'Ron's right, Harry. You're gonna need your strength today.' Hermione added. Alyssa rolled her eyes,
'He's not a baby, no need to force feed him- he doesn't want to end up sick.' Hermione send her sister a reproachful look.
'He needs to eat.' 
'I'm not hungry.'
Snape came up to the quartet, heading straight for Harry.
'Good luck today, Potter. Then again, now that you've proven yourselves against a troll, a little game of quidditch should be easy work for you... Even if it is against Slytherin.'

James looked to the marauders excited,
'We get to see my son's first game?!'
Alyssa nodded whilst the other marauders looked equally exited and Lily terrified for Harry. Marlene and Regulus, the other quidditch players, leaned forwards slightly, also wanting to see how good Harry was at quidditch.

Snape then left, but he walked with a slight limp, which Harry took notice of.
'That explains the blood.'
Hermione looks to them confused.
'Blood?'
'Listen. Last night, I'm guessing Snape let the troll in as a diversion so he could try and get past that three-headed dog. But he got himself bitten. That's why he's limping.'

Looks were cast at Severus, who pointedly ignores them. 

'But why would anyone go near that dog?'
'The day I were at Gringotts, Hagrid took something out of one of the vaults. Said it was Hogwarts business, very secret.'
'So you're saying...'
'That's what the dog's guarding. That's what Snape wants.'
Alyssa frowned at this before opening her mouth to say something when they heard owls screeching. Hedwig flew in, carrying a long packages. She dropped it off to Harry and flew off.
'Bit early for mail, isn't it?'
'But I-I never get mail. Never, especially not at the Dursley's.'

'That's so sad. I can't believe he never got any mail.' Alice said.
'It's kind of weird don't you think?' They all turned to Regulus.
'What's weird?'
'That he is the saviour of the wizarding world who defeated the darkest wizard since Grinderwald and yet he got no mail. Not a single piece of fan mail- I mean someone must of written to him right?'
They all took in what he said, realising that he had a point and then Luna said dreamily,
'I sent him a card and a homemade dream catcher when I was younger and he never mentioned getting it.'
'I guess Dumbledore must of redirected all his mail to his vault or something.' Xeno mused.

'Let's open it.'
Ron helped Harry unwrap his package, as Hermione and Alyssa watched in interest. Taking off the wrappings, a brand new broomstick was visible.
'It's a broomstick.'
'That's not just a broomstick. It's a Nimbus 2000.'

The Quidditch fans once again stared in awe and Alyssa silently reminded herself to show them her firebolt.

'But who would send it?'
McGonagall petted Hedwig, before smiling at Harry who returned it gratefully.

'That's so nice of her.' Pandora said.
'I'm loving Minnie more and more as we keep watching.' James beamed.

The entire Gryffindor quidditch team walked to their posts, stopping before the doors. Harry looked back nervously and Oliver noticed Harry's expression.
'Scared, Harry?'
'A little.'
'That's all right. I felt the same way before my first game.'
'What happened?'
'I, uh, I don't really remember. I took a blunger to the head two minutes in. Woke up in the hospital a week later.'

'What a great comfort.' Lily muttered sarcastically.

Harry looked all the more nervous. The doors opened, and they all then mounted their brooms, flying out onto the pitch. Lee Jordan commentated the game.
'Hello, and welcome to Hogwarts' first quidditch game of the season. Today's game- Slytherin versus Gryffindor!'

Everyone cheered watching the match, James being the loudest. 

The crowd cheered on, excited for the match. The players flew all over the pitch, warming up for the game. They then lined up, each player on their team.
'The players take their positions as Madame Hooch steps out onto the field to begin the game!'
'Now I want a nice clean game... from all of you!'
'The bludgeons are up... followed by the golden snitch. Remember, the snitch is worth 150 points. The seeker who catches the snitch ends the game.'

Madame Hooch took the quaffle and tossed it into the air.
'The quaffle is released...and the game begins!'
Angelina Johnson grabbed the quaffle and dodged the Slytherin team as she flew to the hoops. After a few close calls, she threw the quaffle through the hoop, scoring for Gryffindor, high diving one of the Weasley twins.
'Angelina Johnson scores! 10 points for Gryffindor!'

Three out of four houses cheer, while the Slytherin's sulk. Harry cheered, a blunger just barely grazing him.
'Yes! Whoa.'
'Harry, be careful would you!'
'Well done!'
'Slytherin takes possession of the quaffle. Bletchley passes to Captain Marcus Flint.'
After kicking Angelina away, and dodging other Gryffindors, Flint launched the quaffle, only for it to be batted away by Wood. The Gryffindor chasers tossed the quaffle back and forth, until they toss it to Katie. She took it, flying to the hoops as the Slytherin's box her in, she dodged them before she launched the quaffle into it and scoring, before landing safely on her broom.

'Another impressive score made by Katie Bell! Another 10 points for Gryffindor.'
Everyone one cheered. The game continued on, Slytherin using dirty moves to try and score. Flint then took a bat from a beater and hit a bludger towards Wood, knocking him unconscious. The twins grimace and glare at Flint. Slytherin then scored but to Gryffindor's dismay. Flint and another then ganged up on Angelina, making her fly into the stands and fall unconscious. The Slytherin's scored once more.

'WHAT?! NO THAYS CHEATING YOU SON OF A BI-'
Sirius was cut off by Alyssa,
'Jesus Christ Sirius, you're gonna burst my eardrums if you don't shut up.'
'Jesus Christ?' Bellatrix asked.
'Another reference you won't get and I can't be bothered to tell you.'
Alyssa replied.

Regulus was glaring at the Slytherins. He prided himself in having a talent at quidditch, his quidditch team were all skilled and these idiots were ruining the Slytherin image by cheating and playing plain dirty. It was disgusting.

Harry then spotted the snitch, following to catch it. Then suddenly his broom started jerking, bucking him about.
'Whoa! Whoa!'

'What's happening!' Lily cried in horror. They all stared in horror except Alyssa and Luna who knew what would happen- Luna had been told about this by her.

'What's goin on with Harry's broomstick?'
Hermione watched through binoculars, before scanning for anything to help figure out what's goin on. She focused on the teachers box, where Snape was saying something, unblinkingly.
'It's Snape! He's jinxing the broom!'

Everyone turned to stare at Severus and the marauders a tried to charge at him,
'You dick.' Peter shouted.
'What is your problem?' Remus growled. Alyssa quickly stood in front of Severus to stop them attacking him.
'Why are you defending him!' Sirius cried in anger and Alyssa glared back at him icily.
'Remember the deal? This hasn't happened yet and you have no real knowledge on the situation.'
The marauders moved away but still kept glaring at him. He looked like he wanted to disappear, a feeling which was multiplied when Lily turned to him in disappointment,
'How could you do that to my son?'
'I-'
'Leave it. Both of you.' Alyssa cut in.

'Snape? Are you sure?' Alyssa asked doubtfully.

Severus looked to her in faint surprise at her belief in him.

'Jinxing the broom? What do we do?' Ron exclaimed.
'Leave it to me.' Hermione said.
Harry was still being jostled on his broom, looking sick, when he was flipped off, hanging on by one hand. Ron, Hagrid, Alyssa and the rest of the Gryffindor's watched worried, while Malfoy and his goons smiled and chuckle. Snape continued muttering, looking intently at Harry who continued to dangle. Ron looks thoroughly worried for his best friends.
'Come on, Hermione!'

Hermione rushed up the steps, Harry still hanging onto his broom. Hermione then took out her wand, slowly approached under the teachers seats, and pointed her wand at Snapes' robes.
'Lacarnum inflamarae.'
Snapes' robes caught on fire, going unnoticed by him as he kept muttering.'
'Fire! You're on fire!'
'What? Oh!'

They all burst out laughing- even Severus' Slytherin friends whilst Severus scowled. 

Snape jumped up, putting the flames out, accidentally knocking the teacher behind him back, causing Quirrell to fall over. Harry's broom stopped bucking, and Snape put out the fire, he and Quirrell stood up watching Harry. He climbed back onto his brooms, getting back into the game as his housemates cheered him on.

'Thank Merlin for that girl's intelligence!' Pandora sighed.
Alyssa nodded,
'Oh yeah. We'd all be dead ten times over without her.'

'Go!'
'Go, go, go!'
Harry the caught up to the Slytherin seeker, racing for the snitch. They shoved each other, one shove causing Harry to fly around one of the stands. They were neck and neck, when the snitch dove down, the two seekers dove after it. They got closer to the ground, the Slytherin seeker looking nervously at Harry before he pulled up. Harry continued, pulling up sharply right before hitting the ground. He then stood on his broom, riding it like a surfboard, reaching for the snitch. He went to grab it when he stepped onto the edge of the broom, sending him tumbling onto the ground.
'Unh!'
Harry then held his stomach, looking like he's gonna be sick. Everyone gasped at him, Hermione running to an opening in the stands to watch her friends. Her, Ron, and Alyssa looked at him worriedly.
'Looks like he's gonna be sick.'
Harry then coughed up the snitch, catching it in his hands.

'That's badass!' James breathed and Regulus stared in awe.

'He's got the snitch! Harry Potter receives 150 points for catching the snitch. Gryffindor wins.'
All Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and Gryffindors cheered.

Everyone cheered except some Slytherins. Regulus cheered wholeheartedly though believing Harry deserved to win- especially after all the cheating from the Slytherins.
'My son was brilliant! Absolutely amazing!' James gushed and Lily smiled fondly and subtly so only Remus noticed and he smiled to himself at how the two of them would end up together despite her constant "hate" for James.

Harry looked up happy. Everyone cheered him on rushing to congratulate him and their friends cheering him on enthusiastically. Harry then rose the snitch with his hand. The team gathered around him, cheering him on, the Weasley twins waving their beater bats in the air. 
'Go, go Gryffindor! Go, go Gryffindor! Go, go Gryffindor!'

The Gryffindors chanted along with them loudly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 458 18
When Janet Lupin travels back in time to prevent the effects of the Wizarding war in the future, saving the countless lives the war has taken and try...
25K 783 41
"You know what happens when stars collide? They make a black hole. That's us. And we will suck everyone into nothingness until there is nothing left...
49.9K 1.9K 110
Juliette Potter is finally at Hogwarts with her favourite person in the world, her brother! They have been together since the start of the time and n...
37.6K 909 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...