The Program [Book Two of The...

By OBSESSED_WITH_BOOKS_

[Book two in 'The Test' series] The test was finally over. Everyone woke up. They all remembered what they h... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Epilogue [PART ONE]
Epilogue [PART TWO]
Epilogue [PART THREE]
Author's Note(mainly fun facts)
*Alternate Chapter Forty Ending*
Info about 'The Computer'

Chapter Twenty-Four

1.1K 99 10
By OBSESSED_WITH_BOOKS_

The Program

Chapter Twenty-four

I could heard the monitor beeping as I opened my eyes.

Beep......beep......beep.

The rhythm was steady at first, my surroundings coming into focus.

Beep....beep....beep.

It was getting faster as air filled my lungs and my heart started beating faster. The sound was almost deafening in my roaring ears.

Beep..beep..beep.

As I sat up in my bad, hospital clothes hanging on me in a baggy fashion, I saw nurses tending to the bed beside me. There was so much commotion.

Did I really wake up? Hadn't Reid's boss wanted me dead? I tried to focus. But all I kept hearing was that stupid noise.

Beep.beep.beep.

There was a tube attached to my arm. Without thinking, I pulled it out and the beeping turned into a loud squeal that caused me to cover my ears with my hands. I couldn't take it anymore. I needed to hear something else or I was going to go crazy.

A large breath was taken at the bed beside me, the nurses and one doctor finally backing up and then realizing I was here too. "She's awake." The doctor said, followed by nurses holding me down and sticking the tube back into my arm.

But not before I saw John give me a small smile before he fell back against his bed.

Okay, I could definitely deal with the sound of John breathing.

❒❒❒❒

There were tests being run, both mine and John's family being forced to stay on the other side of the looking glass to our room. It had been two hours now and all me and John were allowed to do was talk to each other, and only as long as we spoke loud enough for the doctor to hear us.

But I said nothing to John. There was only one reason why they would want us to speak under the circumstances we were in, they wanted information. I assumed John wasn't saying anything to me for the same reason.

Plus, we were told someone important was coming to speak with us.

But, of course, I tried to be rebellious. "I want to see my family. You can't keep us locked up in here."

"You'll see them shortly," Was all the doctor kept saying. "Wait until your visitors get here. They should be arriving soon."

"You said that an hour-" John started but was quickly shut up.

"Enough, both of you." We both stopped talking after that, leaving me to stare at the scenery around me yet again out of pure boredom. 

The walls were a cream color, pictures of lighthouses and flowers and other calming crap hanging on the wall. Machines were everywhere and I was still hooked up to my tube, something I recently learned was taking blood.

I was angry. I didn't deserve this.

It had been five minutes later and I was about the bug the guy again, but then I saw her; Natalie. 

She rushed up to the glass and placed her hands there, making me practically jump off the bed. And I would have, had I not been stuck there. 

I did what I had to. I screamed. "Natalie, help us. They won't let us go."

She was screaming too, I could hear it, but it was muffled a minute later by a hand cupping around head mouth and shutting her up.

The next minute, our visitors arrived. But they didn't come in. I saw the Doctor leave the room, me and John left alone.

"Okay, we have to get out of here." John say immediately. "Because I don't know who exactly these visitors are, but I don't have a good feeling about them either."

"Nice to see we're on the same page." I told him. "I'm glad you're okay."

He raised his eyebrow. "Why wouldn't I be? We woke up, we're both going to be okay."

"It's uh -it's nothing. I'll tell you later." I replied, deciding it was best to tell his about my dream leading out of the test later when there was no one possibly listening in. And good thing to, because right then the doors opened.

I heard the sound of boots, heavy boots, and watched as multiple men flooded the room, me covering myself even more in my hospital gown with my blankets. 

There was a woman next, dark skin and darker hair. She didn't smile or try to convince us we could trust her. Instead, she lifted her head and spoke, "Give them something to change into. I would like to speak with them appropriately." And then she walked out again.

My mind raced for many reasons. One, this person might be Reid's boss, which kinda changed my theory on Mary a bit. Two, if this was the boss, these people are definitely not ones I wish to be around.

For that reason, I wished that Mary was the boss.

A second later, me and John were each handed clothes to wear. Them handed to me with a quick, "Sorry if they're too big." As they were given to me.

They unhooked the tube and escorted me to a bathroom to my left so I could change. The clothes consisted of black, baggy pants that hung real loosely around my waist. And if it wasn't for the long, overpowering grey shirt that was with it, my underwear would have definitely been seen. Luckily, a bra was provided too, me slipping it on quickly along with a pair of shoes they had offered.

Once I exited, there were men already waiting there for me, making sure I wouldn't escape. From there, I was led out.

My brother lunged the second I was out, but he was pushed back. "Lexi, oh my god, what's going on?"

My was in hysterics too, and dad just stared at me. Mary was no where to be found.

John was next to exit, his mom punching one of the guys and actually able to get a hug. "Oh, my poor baby. Why didn't you listen to me, I told you no." She said it kinda in a whisper, but I could hear it. 

But that's when a gun came out of a guy's pocket and she was pulled away by her husband.

Natalie stand in the background, not saying a word but smiling slightly. She was letting me know I did good.

"If you make one more move, any of you, I will not hesitate to use this." Said the guy with the gun. "Now, everyone, follow me. These teens are to stay up front. You guys guard and watch the others." He directed.

At that we all walked away from that spot.

It was a total of fifteen minutes of silence before we made our way to another room. It was bigger than the one I was previously in, me turning to John and silently questioning what we were doing here.

The woman stood near one of the hospital beds, papers sprawled out across it. "Please, come in." She said, not smiling as she hadn't before. "I have much to ask each of you."

There were chairs lining the floor and we each took a seat, me in the first and beside John. Natalie was fortunate enough to get the next one.

"You may leave." She told the men, at which they did. "I'm sure you're all wondering what's going on here. Please, voice your opinion."

I heard my dad speak up, causing me to sigh loudly. "Our daughter just came out of a coma. Again. What in the world could she have possibly done? Or the other one for that matter?" I'm sure not just me bit their lip when he said it.

"Why don't you ask her, Mr. James?" She then smiled, it was strange. She then turned back to me. "It would be a lot easier for both of you if you just cooperated and told us everything you know."

"I don't know what you're talking about," John spoke up. 

She leaned down to him, right in front of his face. "I have something that'll help you figure it out." She tilted her head to Natalie. "Ms. Daniels, please inform him of how this is so."

My eyes shot open further at her next words. "They have Annie."

"Yes," The woman said. "We do. And we will do anything it takes to get both of you to talk. Not to mention, we know of a certain teenage boy locked in jail right now that we can use too. I'm sure he would just love to hear that your unwillingness to help us resulted in the pain and agony that he's about to feel. Just wait a second, i'll bring one of those men back in here and tell them to-"

"Stop," I whimpered. I looked up at her. "Please don't hurt him. He's been hurt enough."

She brought a chair over, sitting in front of me. "Then talk."

❒❒❒❒

Dedicated to @Overcast_Days because they are an amazing writer and you guys should so check out their work. I literally read their work for the first time yesterday and it's amazing!

(not fully proofread)

This is update 3/3. I hope you guys enjoyed this triple update.

Please vote and comment if you did :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.5K 7.6K 144
Back by popular request! The 2017 rough draft of The Virus Within! (Caution: Contains massive plotholes that were fixed in the polished The Virus Wi...
4.7K 213 49
In a near future where human experimentation in children is now legal. Madison finds herself lost in her routine life till she get to meet Alison -a...
318 130 40
First Book To The Chronicles of The Lost Worlds I had a sister named Neptune. I had a brother named Mars. She loved space. He hated the universe o...