Pieces of Me

Od CaptainSaint212

Ae feels empty... Pete is bored... Are they the missing pieces that will complete their own puzzles called li... Více

Emptiness
Boredom
Encounter
Plot
Journey
Home
Belongingness
Nostalgia
Ae's Hurtful Past
Changes
Invitation
Prelude
The First Date
Pete's Tragedy
Needs and Wants
Answers and Questions
Ae's Worries
Pete's Jealousy
Different Views
P'Ae
Realizations
N'Yim's Wish
Can's Trap
Morning Kiss
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
A Gratitude Post from CaptainSaint212
Day 4
The Delay
Into your Arms
A Different Night
Lovely Lazy Afternoon
Silhouette From The Past
Lost Chance and First Chance
Old Flame
Confirmations and Affirmations
Fateful Day
I'm yours, You're mine
Our Promises
One-sided Confrontation
Deception
Betrayal
The Surprise
Future In-laws
Foreboding
Tailspin
Relapse
Revulsion
Yearning
Limit Breaker
A Mother's Love and Wrath
Memories and Decisions

Ruse to Retaliate

735 57 74
Od CaptainSaint212

"I am Ae Intouch. I'm here not to answer questions but provide my statement to Jade Anusorn's claim about me being the alleged father of her son. Though I'm highly skeptical of this claim, the child has nothing to do with what happened with me and Ms. Anusorn in the past and definitely has the right to know the truth. In line with that, my lawyer will coordinate with Ms. Anusorn's side about the DNA testing procedure that I wanted to be done between me and the child. That's all. Have a good day everyone."

As Ae left the podium, he was barraged with reporters' questions which he ignored.

"Mr. Intouch, do you deny it? That this child is yours?"

"Mr. Intouch, are you saying that you and Ms. Anusorn had a relationship?"

"Mr. Intouch, you said that you are Pete Pichaya's fiance? Is it true that he seduced you as Ms. Anusorn claimed?"

Ae glared on the reporter that sprouted the last question but did not response because Earth stopped him.

"My client is not bound to answer your questions. We will publish the results of the DNA once it's done. That will be all, excuse us."

Earth and Ae left the venue of the press conference that Noh arranged for them and headed home.

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Pete was pacing back and forth after watching Ae's press conference. He was staying with Ae and his mom for the meantime as it was what Prija requested. She doesn't want Pete away from her. Prija looked by the kitchen door.

"Pete, my baby, you'll ruin carpet."

"Ma, I'm worried."

"Ae will be fine. They will be home in a few. Why won't you help me in the kitchen and prepare lunch for Ae?"

Pete went to the kitchen to assist Prija. Prija smiled lovingly as she provided instructions for the lunch they were preparing. Pete, being well adept in the kitchen, had no problems following them. He stayed quiet and preoccupied for a few minutes until curiosity got the best of him.

"Ma, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure, my baby."

Pete fidgeted nervously as he stopped what he was doing and look at Prija.

"Why did you accept me for P'Ae?"

Prija looked at Pete with a confused expression but smiled as she responded.

"I have quite a lot, I should say. First, you are such a sweet, kind child. Everyone who will know you will fall with your charm. Second, I know I have told this before, you brought back Ae to us. The child that we lost through the pain he faced. And the most important thing of all, Ae loves you so much. A love so pure and true that it won't make sense for us to go against it. Are those not enough? I can list more if you want."

Prija winked as she finished her litany. Pete was overwhelmed with emotions, he freed his hands and gave the woman he now calls as his mother a tight hug.

"Ma, thank you for everything."

"I haven't done much for you yet, Pete. But remember this, you are family now. You are my son now. So stop thinking of anything unnecessary. Let's finish this up before Ae returns."

Pete nodded rather vigorously that earned a chuckle from Prija as they continue their preparations.

As the two finished preparing for lunch, the door sprang open because Ae and Earth has arrived. Pete, on the speed of light, ran towards the door and gave Ae an excited and relieved hug, pressing his face on the crook of Ae's neck.

"My adorable angel."

"I was so worried, P'Ae! Are you alright?"

"I am. It' s just a press conference. But I'm quite hungry."

Ae sniggered as he hugged his worry-wart fiance back. Prija peeked from the kitchen and smiled.

"Lunch is ready. Welcome back, Ae, Earth."

"Thanks, Auntie! We are really starving. Making sure that Ae will not kill any press during the conference made me really hungry."

"I have no intentions like that P'Earth. Don't make my adorable angel anymore worried than he already is, please."

"Sure, sure."

Earth said while laughing and sat down to have lunch. Ae rolled his eyes to Earth and followed suit.

~~~~~~~~~~

The four of them finished their lunch and as they were discussing things in Ae's living room, the door bell rang. Pete stood up immediately and open the door, seeing Noh with Pram, Pete's personal publicist.

"Nice seeing you look well, Pete!"

Pram piped behind Noh. Pete smiled and hugged both of them to greet them.

"Good to see you too, P'Pram. Why are you here? I don't remember we have a meeting or something."

"Oh! I didn't come here for you. I came for your fiance. Noh already updated me on what had happened in the last few weeks and what will happen next. We need to stir up everyone with a very interesting article about your hot and lovely fiance."

Pram declared with a wink and a smirk. Pete looked confused together with Ae, unsure how an article will help them. While everyone was so focused with the newcomer, they didn't notice Prija slipped from the group and returned with the folder at hand.

"It has been a while, Pram. I guess you will need this as it is my son that you will be writing about."

Pram took the folder excitedly like she just received the best gift ever and bowed so politely.

"P'Prija! You are still so amazing and always one step ahead of everyone!"

Now the rest of the group were taken with suprise, they did not expect that both women knew each other. With confused expressions painted on their faces while looking back and forth the two women. Prija and Pram can't help but giggle. But it was Pram who took pity with the group, she cleared her throat as started to explain.

"Ah! P'Prija, I can't believe you. Leaving the kids in the dark! Okay, kids, I will explain. P'Prija was my senior in the company. She was a publicist as well, and a damned good one! I mean she's the best there is and until now I still feel so privileged to have worked with her during my early years!"

Ae's jaws literally dropped with what he heard. He knew his mother had to give up her career for them but they never really discussed what she used to do. Prija smiled and took over the explanation.

"Stop with the praises, Pram! Well, Oh and Ae had been sickly when they were little so I needed to always be with them. But when they grew up, the restaurant has grown on me as well that I decided not to go back to being a publicist. But enough of me! Pram, I believe you know how this works. Let Noh help you, the write ups should come out before the day ends. We need to strike the iron while it's hot."

"Yes, P'Prija!"
"Yes, Auntie!"

Noh and Pram answered in unison while they look at the documents. Ae got out of his shocked state and can't help but question what's in the document that supposedly about him.

"Ma, what did you write in there?"

Prija giggled with child-like amusement. Ae shivered, dreading the answer. As much as he loves his mother, she can be really too much sometimes.

"Just some small things like how you are a big catch! Just a bachelor with a million net worth. A few property here and there, a few charity sponsorships. A loyal, loving, down to earth guy. You know just few, very small things."

Ae, now, didn't bothered to hide his uneasiness as he pout, rather petulantly.

"Ma, what are you spouting about!? And how did you know about all those things?!"

"My naive little Ae. I'm your mother. Remember, I birthed you. You might not have talked about it but you also don't hide it. You just basically don't brag about it. And you know me, I have my ways. And besides, are you really asking that when your lawyer is my son too."

Prija laughed as she spoke and winked to Earth, who fondly laughed with her. Ae just rolled his eyes to his unbelievable mother. He knew his family will never hurt him and it was not really a secret but to share those things to the world, he quietly accepted his fate. He knew they needed this ruse but deep inside himself, he also knew, if this part of him will help his adorable angel, then he would never hesitate to use it, to flaunt it just to make sure that no one can hurt his Pete again.

Prija, Noh and Pram were now caught up in their discussion about the write ups they will have to publish.

Pete, Ae and Earth were having their own conversation about the presscon as Pete squeezed every information from both of them, relentlessly. When Earth's phone rang, he excused himself to answer it. After a few minutes, he announced something to the group.

"Mixx found the orphanage where Jade found the child. He is on his way there to get all that we needed. He said he will be able to provide his report before midnight. Would that work, Auntie?"

"Just perfect, Earth. Mixx really works fast as always. You really are a lucky guy. But where is he heading?"

Earth smiled with smugness before he responded.

"Little Miracles Home in Chiang Mai."

"Then we will wait for it."

Soon, they will know more about this child that unfortunately got dragged into this mess by a selfish, delusional girl. Pete flinched with the thought. He can't help but feel for the boy as he was once like that. Ae noticed the uneasiness from his adorable angel, pulled him towards him for a hug with a promise that they will face this together, with all their loved ones' support.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I can't believe it took me more than a year before being able to update this. I really apologize for the delay.

A mediocre chapter, not enough for the long time I made you all wait. But I hope you can bear with me, I still know the plot, just need more time to find the words to write.

As I promised, I'm picking this up while I am picking myself back on my feet. I'll definitely work hard for everyone who supported me and waited for me.

This one thank you all so much. 🥺🙏🥺

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

84.1K 2.4K 18
What if Pete loses his memory instead of Vegas.Will he remember him or forget him.What will Vegas do read and find out. Disclaimer: i dont own the ch...
97.6K 3.4K 34
Pete - "Let's break up" Ae - "Why?! I can't live without you! Please don't leave me😭" Pete - "Can you give me another chance? 😢" Ae - "So you can d...
9.5K 480 23
Hi guys, this is my second fanfic, I'm going to write on Pete Way because he has become my favorite character, at first I didn't like him. I haven't...
40.9K 2.2K 48
Ae falls in love with Pete at first sight and then begins a beautiful relationship. But suddenly Pete disappears from Ae's life without any clue leav...