Chéri || Fred Weasley

By laucb02

"I promised myself to never fall in love again, even if that leaves me to be alone for the rest of my existen... More

Author's Note
cast
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
ix
x
xi
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xiv
xxv
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii
xxix
xxx
xxxi
xxxii
xxxiii
xxxiv
xxxv
xxxvi
xxxvii
xxxviii
xxxix
xl
xli
xlii
xliii
xliv
xlv
xlvi
xlvii
xlviii
xlix
l
li
lii
liii
liv
lv
lvi
lvii
lviii
lix
lx
lxi
theo&clo
lxii
lxiii
lxiv
lxv
lxvi
lxvii
lxviii
lxix
lxx
lxxi
lxxii
lxxiii
lxxiv
lxxv
lxxvii
lxxviii
lxxix
lxxx
lxxxi
lxxxii
lxxxiii
lxxxiv
lxxxv
lxxxvi
lxxxvii
lxxxviii
lxxxix
xc
xci
xcii
xciii
xciv
xcv
photos of mads taken by fred
xcvi
xcvii
xcviii
xcix
c
ci
cii
ciii
civ
dream house
cv
cvi
cvii
cviii
cviv
cv
epilogue i
epilogue ii
epilogue iii
epilogue iv
weasley-archambeau children
next gen faceclaims
epilogue v
Author's Note
Sapphire||Prologue

lxxvi

4.4K 126 428
By laucb02

On May 1st, Lee had joined them all in Muriel's house just to spend the day with the three of his best friends. Throughout the whole day, Madeleine had the nonstop cold shiver running down her spine and she knew that something bad was definitely on its way. Lee and Fred had done a small segment of Potterwatch, along George in which they addressed the news that Harry, Ron and Hermione had broke into Gringotts and escaped on a dragon which truly was as comical as it sounded.

"They broke into bloody Gringotts!" Fred's laughter boomed after they were finished broadcasting.

"I tell them to stay safe, keep low and they immediately think "Hey, let's break into a Gringotts and escape on a bloody dragon," that surely is equal to keeping your head down," she chuckled and snuggled next to Fred who sat down next to her on the couch.

Ginny, Lee and George were playing exploding snap on the floor when Fred felt Maddie tense up next to him. "What's wrong love?" he whispered.

"The feeling is back," she said lowly.

"That's never good," he took her hands into his, feeling how her body temperature had dropped significantly.

"I know, that's why I'm worried," she took a deep breath and hid her face on the crook of his neck.

"Lightning has struck, I repeat! Lightning has struck!" a muffled voice said from the radio as Ginny took out of her pocket the fake galleon that was incredibly hot.
They all looked at each other and got to their feet as quickly as they could. Lightning had struck, and Harry was at Hogwarts, meaning that it was the time for the real fight they all had been waiting for,

"It's time," she whispered, holding his hand tightly in hers.

"The feeling is never wrong, isn't it?" Fred asked and she shook her head as they both mentally prepared to what would come next.

"Apparate straight into the Hog's Head, we'll get into Hogwarts from there," Ginny said and clung onto George's arm before vanishing into thin air.

"See you there love birds," Lee said and apparated as well.

"Hold on tight love," Fred grinned and Maddie took a hold of his arm as they apparated a second later into the dirty old pub they used to buy fire whiskey from while they were at school.

"Hey Abe," Fred shook the man's hand.

"The other three who came went already through the hole, hurry now you two," Aberforth grumbled.

"Thank you for doing this Mr Dumbledore," Maddie smiled and stepped inside the hole while still holding Fred's hand. The two of them climbed in silence, and soon after they met with Lee, George and Ginny halfway through. She was sure that her heart was beating so hard that it would come out of her ribcage but his warm familiar touch was enough to calm down her anxiety, at least a bit.

When the five of them finally reached the other end of the tunnel, they climbed out of the hole in the wall and were received with cheerful greetings. Maddie looked up and smiled at Harry but he could tell that his eyes were only settled in Ginny.

"Aberforth's getting a bit annoyed," Fred said and raised his free hand in answer to several cries of greeting. "He wants a kip, and his bar's turned into a railway station."

Right after Lee came in, followed Cho Chang, both Fred and Maddie noticing Harry freeze at the sight of her. They snickered, remembering the time when they saw Harry and Cho's terrible date on Valentine's Day two years back.

"Well, being here brings memories and those memories get me in the mood to smoke and this might as well be the last one I ever have," Maddie shrugged and took out a cigarette from the case inside her pocket.

"Some things never change huh," Maddie heard a familiar voice from behind her and turned around as fast as she could, before being tackled into a hug by Alicia and Liz who she hadn't seen for months.

"Oh my god! What the fuck are you two doing here?" Maddie cried and held onto her friends tighter.

"You didn't think you could get away with all the fun did you?" Lizzie beamed and went over to jump into George's arm, the latter who had now tears of happiness running down his cheeks as he kissed her.

"Bloody fucking hell, you have no idea how much I missed you," Maddie laughed, still holding onto Alicia.

"Fuck it, group hug Lee!" Fred yelled and with Lee, he joined the girls' hug.

"So what's the plan Harry?" George asked as he wiped his tear stained face, Lizzie smiling bright with his hand in hers.

"There isn't one," Harry said with a disoriented look.

"Just going to make it up as we go along, are we? My favorite kind," Fred chimed in.

"That's because those are the only plans that you know how to work out chéri," Maddie shook her head and kissed the corner of his mouth.

Harry was now whispering with Ron and Hermione, while the group of six best friend caught up with everything that had been going on for months. They were laughing and chatting like they did when they were together as they refused to acknowledge what was yet to come, which would put all of their lives in danger but what mattered to them is that they were together again.

"Okay," Harry cleared his throat and everyone fell silent, including Fred and George who were craking jokes stopped talking and looked around excitedly. "There's something we need to find, something hidden here in the castle and it may help us defeat You-Know-Who."

"Right, what is it?" Neville asked him.

"We don't know," Harry said.

"Where is it?" Neville asked again.

"We don't know that either," Harry scratched the back of his neck. "I realize it's not much to go on."

"That's nothing to go on," Seamus Finnigan blurted.

"I think it had something to do with Ravenclaw. It'll be small, easily concealed, anyone any ideas?" Harry said and looked over to the group of ravenclaws.

"Well, there's Rowena Ravenclaw lost diadem," said Luna. "Lost diadem of Ravenclaw, hasn't anyone heard of it? It's quite famous."

"Yeah, but the lost diadem," Michael Corner rolled his eyes, "is lost, Luna. That's sort of the point."

"When was it lost?" Harry inquired.

"Centuries ago," Cho Chang answered. "Flitwitck says that the diadem vanished with Ravenclaw herself. People have looked but nobody's ever found trace, have they?"

"Excuse me, can someone tell me what a bloody diadem is?" Ron groaned.

"It's a sort of crown," said Terry Boot. "Ravenclaw's is supposed to have magical properties, enhance wisdom and what not."

Cho offered to take Harry into the Ravenclaw common room so that he could have a look at what the diadem looked like but Ginny wasn't happy about that. "No, Luna will take Harry, won't you, Luna?" she said rather fiercely and Maddie could see the proud look in Fred and George's face.

After Harry and Luna left, Fred took out the fake galleon from his pocket and began sending messages to the rest of the D.A. that had already left school. More people began climbing through Ariana's portrait hole including the remaning members of the Order of the Phoenix. Remus had come inside with Sirius, Cressida and Kingsley. Maddie went over to give her mum a tight hug and from the corner of her eyes, she saw Bill, Fleur, Mr and Mrs Weasley come inside as well.

Alicia was now speaking with Oliver Wood who had joined the six of them who sat on the floor and the two of them were talking about quidditch but Maddie's attention was stolen when she saw her brother come inside, with none other than Clotilde behind him. "Sorry we're late," Tim smiled and went over to hug Madeleine whose face was red with anger.

"Hi everyone," Clo waved and turned around to hug her sister too but the older blonde was hitting Timothée on every place she could reach.

"YOU BROUGHT HER!" she shouted while still hitting her brother. "YOU BLOODY FUCKING IDIOT, I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU BROUGHT OUR LITTLE SISTER-"

"Seven, almost eight months you haven't seen me and this is the way you greet me sis?" Timothée chuckled and pushed Madeleine away.

"YOU BROUGHT OUR LITTLE SISTER WHERE A BATTLE WILL TAKE PLACE YOU FUCKING IDIOT! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO SAY?" she said loudly and tried hitting him again but Clo stepped in between them.

"Good to know you still care 'bout me," Clo grinned and hugged Madeleine.

"I do care about you and that's why you will go home right this instant!" Maddie cupped Clotilde's cheeks.

"No I won't, I'm part of the D.A so I'm here to fight," Clo said stubbornly.

"Mum! Can you back me up here," Maddie called out and Cressida approached her three kids, who she hadn't seen together fighting like that in a while.

"Your sister is right Clotilde, you need to leave now," she said calmly and took each of her daughters hands into hers.

"But Ginny will stay!" Clo protested.

"No she will not!" Molly called out.

"I have no authority over Ginny but I have over you, so you will now go back to the pub and apparate to Andromeda's to stay with her, Tonks and the baby," Maddie said sternly.

"I will not Madeleine, I'm an adult and I can make my own decisions so I choose to stay," Clo huffed.

"No Clotilde, you will go home now before all hell breaks loose," Maddie groaned in exasperation. "Are you seriously not going to back me up here?" she turned around to face her brother.

"She is right, you said it when you became of age. "I'm of age and I can do as I please," so I think that Clo can stay if she wants," the oldest of the three shrugged.

"Are you being serious right now? She's seventeen! She's a kid Timothée-"

"I'm not a kid Madeleine, I have gone through things just like you have and-"

"Clo, I am begging you to go home and stay safe tonight because by the looks of it, this will not end well," Maddie pleaded again.

"I agree with Madeleine, Clo. I think you should go home now," Cressida nodded.

"I won't go home mum! All of my family and friends are here and I won't be going anywhere! Dad wouldn't have-"

"Don't bring dad into this," Maddie said sharply.

"Don't bring your father into this," Cressida said at the same time in the exact same tone as her older daughter.

"But mum!" Clo whined.

"Clotilde no, you will go to Andromeda's home and that is the final decision!" Cressida shrieked.

"You don't get to take decisions over my life and nor does Madeleine!"

"She's of age, I don't see what the issue is," Timothée scoffed. "You and I are here Mads-"

"And you are a trained auror and I am me so there's the difference!" Maddie tugged on her hair frustratedly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Clo crossed her arms.

"That Bellatrix trained me in combat and dark dueling for five months so that's what that means! I can keep myself alive but you don't have the guts to take a life even if yours is in danger Clotilde and I don't want you to experience that now when the inevitable happens!"

"I'll keep her with me alright! She'll be fine," Tim rolled his eyes.

"If something happens her, it's on you," Maddie spat and went back to sit on Fred's lap.

"Harry, what's happening?" Remus asked when Harry came back inside the room of requirement where the whole lot had gathered.

"Voldemort's on his way, what are you all doing here?" Harry said.

"We sent messages to the rest of Dumbledore's Army," Fred explained. "You couldn't expect everyone to miss the fun, Harry, and the D.A. let the Order of the Phoenix know, and it all kind of snowballed."

"What first Harry?" called George. "What's going on?"

"They need to evacuate the younger kids but Snape wants all students to go to the great hall," Harry replied. "We are fighting."

"A grand entrance," Maddie smirked, "I've always liked those."

"That's because dramatic entrances are all you know how to do," Alicia snorted and the blonde flipped her off.

All of the remaining students in the room of requirement gathered around and lined up to march to the great hall where they were summoned by the Headmaster and the Carrows, but meanwhile, the Order and overage members of the D.A had to wait until they could step into the great hall.

Another struggle had broken out with Mrs Weasley and Ginny. Fred, George, Maddie, Remus, Bill and Fleur stood around them as the two redhead women argued. "You're underage!" Molly shouted, "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you, you've got to go home!"

"I won't!" Ginny said equally as loud, her red hair flying as she pulled her arm out of her mother's grip. "I'm in Dumbledore's Army-"

"A teenagers' gang!" Molly screeched.

"A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" Fred said and earned a hard nudge on the ribs from Madeleine.

"She's sixteen!" Mrs Weasley shouted. "She's not old enough! What were you two thinking, bringing her with you-"

Fred and George looked slightly ashamed of themselves after what their mum said.

"Mum's right, Ginny," said Bill gently. "You can't do this. Everyone underage will have to leave, it's only right."

"I can't go home!" Ginny yelled as angry tears brimmed in her eyes. "My whole family is here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing-"

"Ginny you should go, it's for the best," Maddie said softly. "This is not a battle you should be handling."

"Fine," Ginny said sharply and glared at her before shifting her gaze to the entrance of the tunnel. "I'll say goodbye now, then, and-"

A loud thump came from the portrait hole as someone else came out of it, overbalanced slightly and fallen. "Am I too late? Has it started? I only just found out, so I-I," Percy spluttered and was taken aback by seeing his entire family, which clearly he had not expect. All of Weasleys had their mouths agape and the silence was uncomfortable when Fleur decided to cut the tension by asking Remus abobut Teddy.

After staring at each other frozen, Percy stood up and walked over towards them. "I was a fool!" he roared loudly. "I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a-a-"

"Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron," Fred added.

"Yes, yes I was!" Percy swallowed.

"Well, you can't say fairer than that," Fred grinned, holding out his hand to Percy, the latter shook it and Fred pulled him into a hug.

Mrs Weasley bursted into tears and pushed Fred aside, rather harshly which made him lose his balance but he was happy. He kissed Madeleine's cheek and held her hand tightly as Percy greeted and apologized to the rest of the family.

"What made you see sense Perce?" George inquired.

"It's been coming on for a while," Percy began explaining. "But I had to find a way out and it's not so easy at the Ministry, they're imprisoning traitors all the time. I managed to make contact with Aberforth and he tipped me off ten minutes ago that Hogwarts was going to make a fight of, so here I am."

"Well, we do look to our prefects to take the lead at times such as these," George said in a good imitation of Percy's most pompous manner. "Now let's get upstairs and fight, or all the good Death Eaters'll be taken."

"Are we still friends?" Percy looked up to asked Maddie.

"Are you still the world's biggest prat?" she asked with a smile on her face and he shook his head no. "Then of course we're still friends."

All of the Order members made their way to the Great Hall, Fred catching up with Percy while Maddie still did the same with Alicia and Lizzie. She looked behind her and Clo was talking with Ron and Hermione eagerly and her heart sank, she wanted her sister to leave but the Archambeau stubborness was in Clotilde as much as it was in Timothée and Madeleine. Standing behind the great oak doors beside Fred, they opened to reveal the group of students and Harry, who was now confronting Snape in front of the entire school.

"It seems despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a bit of a security problem Headmaster," Harry said loudly as the Order and D.A walked in, students gasping and smiling widely.

"I'm afraid it's quite extensive," Harry continued. "How dare you stand where he stood! Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked at him in the eye! A man who trusted you and killed him! TELL THEM!"

Snape drew out his wand and so did the members of the Order, but before Snape could start dueling Harry, Minnie pushed him out of the way with her wand raised. Everyone moved out of the way as the Transfiguration master looked at Snape and began blasting jets of fire from her wand towards him. Maddie had never seen McGonagall duel before but she was impressed by the way her favorite professor battled against the traitor. Snape didn't fire back, instead he simply deflected the spells thrown his way which knocked the Carrows down. A moment later after the siblings were brought down, Snape did a strange movement with his black cloak and went through the window, almost as if he was flying.

"COWARD! COWARD!" Minnie yelled as Snape flought out into the night sky. A round of applause ricocheted through the walls as all students but the Slytherin ones cheered for Minnie, who with a wave of her wand lit up the torches inside the hall.

Suddenly, a first year girl started screaming at the top of her lungs, followed by more girls who crouched on the floor covering their ears as they screamed. Everyone looked perplexed and Fred held onto Maddie's hand tighter when a voice began addressing everyone who stood in the great hall. "I know that many of you want to fight. Some of you may even think that divide is why but this is folly. Give me Harry Potter and none shall be harmed. You give me Harry Potter and I shall leave you untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight," the cold snake-like voice that belonged to Voldemort echoed through the walls.

"What are you waiting for? Someone grab him," shouted Pansy Parkinson from the Slytherin crowd.

Quickly, people started to move to surround Harry protectively as some seventh year slytherins tried getting close with their wands raised. Members of the Order, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws and Gyffindors formed a protective barrier with their wans raised as well.

"You are all going to get yourselves killed! Just turn him to the Dark Lord and this will be over," Pansy bellowed and tried coming close but stopped dead on her tracks when the person who stood in front of her was the one who also haunted her nightmares.

"Stay right where you are if you don't want me to do to you, what I did to your sister," Maddie hissed at her, "maybe you just need a little reminder," she smiled evilly and the girl backed away.

"You're hot when you're evil," Fred whispered in her ear once she returned to his side.

"I'm hot all the time," she whispered back.

"Can't argue with that," he smirked.

Filch came inside the great hall with a lantern in hand while holding Mrs Norris yelling, "STUDENTS OUT OF BED! STUDENTS OUT OF BED! STUDENTS IN THE CORRIDOR!"

"They are supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot!" Minnie snapped making Fred, Maddie, George, Lee, Alicia and Liz snort rather loudly.

"Oh, sorry ma'am," Filch said.

"As it happens, Mr Filch, your arrival is most opportune. If you would, I would like you to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin House from the Hall!" said McGonagall.

"Where exactly is it I'll be leading them to, ma'am?" Filch asked.

"To the evacuation point," she replied. "As for the other houses-"

"What if we want to stay and fight?" Ernie Macmillan from Hufflepuff stood on his house table.

"If you are of age, you may stay," said McGonagall. "Those who are not of age please follow your House's prefects and Mr Filch. The Slytherins will leave the Hall first with Argus, Ravenclaws follow on!"

Once they younger students and the majority of Slytherins were out of the great hall, many older ravenclaws, hufflepuffs and gryffindors stayed to fight. Kingsley sent Madeleine a look so that she could take charge and the girl stood on top of the Gryffindor table, getting everyone's attention.

"Listen up everybody! We've got half an hour 'til midnight so I need all of you to listen to me! A battle plan has been established between the Order and the teachers. Professors Flitwick, McGonagall and Slughorn will be with me to place protective enchantments on the castle. Professor Sprout, Professor Sinistra and my mum are going to take groups of fighters to the three highest towers - Ravenclaw, Astronomy and Gryffindor - when you're there, you'll have a good overview of the grounds to attack the incoming death eaters! Remus, Arthur, Kingsley and Sirius will take groups into the grounds! There is a commander on each group and you follow their orders unless you wanna get killed-"

"That's my girl," Fred grinned as he said to Alicia while Madeleine continued giving out orders.

"We'll need somebody to organize defense of the entrances of the passageways into the school as well-"

"Sounds like a job for us, love," Fred called out to Maddie and pointed to himself, George and Lee.

"Alright then! Leaders up here if you will and we'll divide up the troops!" Maddie yelled and began organizing groups. "Communication through the ghosts and paintings only! If you are able to cast a corporeal patronus send a message through one as well if needed!

Okay, Timothée you'll be with Sirius, he knows where to go already so follow his orders. Alicia, take those who have been in quidditch teams and you'll attack from above! Molly and Lizzie, you're with me to cast protections and Kingsley will rearrange the troops while we secure around the castle! Let's move people, we don't have all night!"

Groups started shifting and following their commanders but before the blonde could step out of the great hall, Clo grabbed her wrist and pulled her back. "Can I be in the courtyard with you?" she asked her sister.

"It'll be too dangerous, I'd rather if you go with Fred to secure the secret passageways," Maddie gave her a tight bone crushing hug. "Listen to me very carefully Clotilde, this is not a game and you duel to kill. You see death eaters, you kill and I need you to promise me that. They'll target you for what I did to them so I need yo to promise that no matter which death eater comes your way, you kill."

"I promise," Clo whispered and kissed Maddie's cheek before following George and Lee out of the great hall.

"Madeleine the courtyard will be a bloodbath and I don't want you in the middle of it," Cressida approached her eldest daughter and held her hand into hers.

"No one can do protection spells better than me and if risking my life to protect the ones I love will end up killing me then so be it mum," she said softly and hugged her mum as tightly as she could.

"I love you, your father would be so proud of you," Cress wiped a tear from her cheek and kissed her daughter's forehead before leading her group to the Gryffindor Tower.

"So this is it then," Fred sighed and wrapped his arms around Maddie's waist as more troops exited the great hall.

"Yeah," she breathed and pressed her forehead against his.

"You'll be in the courtyard?" he asked quietly.

"I guess so," her voice cracked as she stared deep into his eyes.

"Kiss for good luck?" he smiled.

"Kiss for good luck," she chuckled and with her hand on the back of his neck, pulled him into a kiss that said everything they felt for each other. A love so passionate, a love so strong that was encapsulated in a single kiss before he pulled away first.

"Mads, I l-"

"Don't say anything, that kiss was enough," a smile grazed her lips as she cupped his face with her hands.

"If you die I'll kill you!" he called out to her as she walked away with Minnie and Flitwick by her side.

"Likewise!" she laughed nervously and looked back at him one last time before the two of them disappeared from the other's view.

"Madeleine do you really think your protection spells will work?" Minnie asked the girl as they stepped into the courtyard.

"Positive, it can give us enough time to get the kids out through Hogsmeade," Maddie nodded.

"Are you sure Archambeau?" Flitwick asked her too.

"It can hold them off for just a little bit, my magic is strong but it's not as powerful as his, but it can give us time and that's what matters," she reassured. "Minnie, we need to find a way to block the wooden bridge 'cause they'll be able to get in through there."

"Longbottom!" Minnie called to Neville who was just behind her. "I need you to blow up the wooden bridge as soon as you can!"

"You're brilliant Minnie," Maddie grinned.

"Let me get this straight Professor, you're actually giving us permission to do this?" Nevilled asked astonished.

"That is correct Longbottom," Minnie answered.

"To blow it up? Boom?" he inquired.

"Boom!" Minnie laughed.

"Wicked," Neville grinned. "How on Earth are we gonna do that?"

"Why don't you confer with Mr Finnigan? As I recall, he has a particular proclivity for pyrotechnics."

"I can bring it down!" Seamus said happily.

"That's the spirit, away you go," McGonagall insisted to the two boys who left as soon as she said the words.

"You do realize, of course, that we can't keep out You-Know-Who indefinitely," Flitwick added.

"That doesn't mean we can delay him," Minnie said sternly. "And his name is Voldemort, Filius. You might as well use it. He's going to try to kill you either way."

Along with Lizzie and Molly, the professors stood in the middle of the viaduct courtyard observing the blonde who had her hand and wand raised as she muttered spells. Minnie had casted a spell that brought to life all of the statues around the castle, who assembled to guard the courtyard's bridge for even more protection so that they death eaters wouldn't be able to come inside the castle as easily.

"Protego maxima, Fianto Duri, Protego Inimicum," Madeleine casted repeatedly as everyone began following her steps. Shields began covering the entire castle as the large group of people copied the combination of spells the blonde was using. The dementors that guarded the castle glided away when touched by the shields and at once, the entire castle was protected for as long as the protective shields could keep Voldemort's troops away.

The clock finally marked midnight and this was it. There was no way out now. Maddie exchanged one look with Lizzie and saw the fear in her best friend's eyes. "If Bellatrix comes in, I call dibs," she smirked after the blue barrier covered the entire castle. "The bitch and I have some unfinished business to get to."

"I want your niece gone Bellatrix, you mustn't fail me this time. She knows too much and she is a threat to all of us," Voldemort said to the black-haired woman who stood by his side in front of the hundreds and hundreds of death eaters and imperiused wizards that formed his army.

"I will finish her off my Lord, even if it's the last thing I do. Madeleine will be dead tonight," Bellatrix bowed her head at him.

"Begin," Voldemort ordered and at once, his army sent spells to take down the shield covering the castle.

After quickly securing the secret passageways, Fred and George stood together on the edge of the floor they were in, watching the death eaters' spells collide against the shield. "That was her you know, the blue stuff," Fred said anxiously as he looked at the sky.

"You okay Freddie?" George asked quietly once he saw the distressed look in his twin's face.

"Yeah," Fred breathed.

"Me too," George gave him a little nudge.

"I love her, I really do love her," Fred blurted.

"I know," George chuckled.

"I will tell her after everything's over."

"You sure will Freddie," George patted his back.

"I don't know how love is supposed to feel like but I feel it with her, when we're apart I just want to burst into flames. I can't lose her, I won't be able to find myself if I lose her," he said rapidly.

"It's taken you an entire war, Mads having at least 6 near death experiences and a future battle that will be the end of all just to say out loud that you love her?"

"I guess it has, but putting it like that doesn't make me feel any better," Fred huffed.

"It's alright, you both weren't ready but you are now," George sent him a reassuring smile. "Let's go back now."

The two brothers went back inside to the place they were going to battle in when they saw Theodore Nott running towards Clotilde, the dark haired boy clearly had a frantic look in his eyes. "Theo? I though they evacuated all of the Slytherins out of the castle," she jumped into his arms.

"Did you really think I would leave without you? I haven't seen you in months and I'm not leaving without you so come on," he grabbed her wrist.

"I'm not going anywhere, I'm staying," she whispered.

"There's no time for jokes now Clo, we can leave now, please," Theo laughed coldly.

"I chose to stay and fight Theo, this is about all of us," Clo said and removed his hand from her wrist.

"We can leave now, run away together and we'll go wherever you want to go but please don't stay here," he pleaded.

"I'm sorry but I've already made my choice," she said firmly.

"Clotilde, I'm begging you to come with me. If you love me-"

"Don't bring that up because of course I love you, I love you with all of my heart but I choose to stay and fight for the greater good-"

"I'm leaving, there is no way in hell I'm staying here to see you get yourself killed," he scoffed.

"I'm not going to get myself killed Theo-"

"YES YOU WILL! THIS IS NOT A GAME-"

"WHEN DID I SAY IT WAS? I CAN'T LEAVE MY ENTIRE FAMILY BEHIND IN A BATTLE JUST TO RUN AWAY-"

"We'll get married, we'll have kids, I'll give you anything that you want but just come with me please."

"I can't, but that doesn't mean I don't love you and when this is finally over then we can run away, but I have to stay tonight."

"And what will I do if something happens to you?"

"In the case that something does happen, you will move on and have a happy life because that is the only thing I've ever wanted for you, to be happy," the girl cupped his jaw with her dainty hand.

"Easy for you to say," he muttered.

"It's not, and even though I do want to run away with you, I must stand with my friends and family to defend in what I believe in."

"NOTT! COME ON!" Blaise Zabini came out of nowhere. "I'M NOT STAYING TO GET KILLED!

"I love you," Theo whispered and pressed his forehead on hers.

"I love you too," silent tears left her eyes as she stared into his eyes, "but you should go now."

Theo nodded and looked at her one last time before following Blaise out of view. "Ready for some action Blondie?" Fred approached the girl and gave her a brotherly hug.

"Born ready gingerbread man," she sniffled and wiped the tears from her face, doing her best to smile at him.

"Nice night for it!" Fred yelled as the castle quaked again when another more sinister spell had collided with the shield. He saw Harry run by and waved at him and then turned his gaze back at Sir Cadogan who was running from portrait to portrait with his fat little pony, shouting encouragement at them.

"George! We need help over here!" Remus came into the corridor the twins were with Lee, Clo, Hannah Abbott and other students. George nodded at Remus and gave his brother, Lee and Clotilde a hug before running after Remus to help.

With one last loud bang, all the shields were down and the death eaters were now able to come inside. Maddie looked at Lizzie, completely terrified but determined to give her life if that's what was needed for the cause. Just like Cressida had said, the courtyard was truly a bloodbath. Curses, jets of green and red light were flying everywhere. Death Eaters and dark creatures flooded the grounds the moment the shields were down. This was it, this was the endgame.

Giants were now coming through the main bridge that led into the castle's entrance, swinging their weapons and crushing the alive stone statues that were protecting the area. Some of the giants were taken down by the ingenious idea Sprout suggested, of setting tramps with Devil's Snare and Venomous Tentaculas. Sprout and Neville had also lobbed adult Mandrakes and Snargaluff pods over the walls for the death eaters to find which would take them down quickly because of the plants' dangerous properties.

"GO BACK INSIDE AND TAKE COVER!" Maddie yelled to the students and Professors as she and Liz backed away, taking some death eaters down as they ran back inside.

"We got each other's back, always and forever," Liz panted as she stunned a death eater that had thrown the Cruciatus Curse towards Madeleine but which she managed to dodge quickly.

"Always and forever, we made a promise and I don't plan on breaking it," Maddie laughed before putting up another protective shield on what remained of the castle's entrance.

The two girls ran over to the northern courtyard side of the castle that was in much more trouble than what they had expected. They stayed there, dueling death eaters who tried getting inside the castle as well. The two of them could see Alicia who was hexing people from a broomstick but none of them had any idea of what was happening back inside the the castle. Besides the giants and the death eaters, they now had to worry about dementors who were gliding towards them where the biggest fight was being held. It was complete chaos, there was gruble everywhere, bodies scattered belonging to both sides.

After retrieving and destroying the diadem horcrux, Ron, Harry and Hermione heard yells and shouts that marked the indescribable fact of a duel happening back. They turned around and could see Fred, Percy and Clotilde fighting masked and hooded death eaters with all the strenght and powerful curses they knew.

The trio ran over to help when two more death eaters appeared, even more jets of light flying and the man who Percy was dueling back off as his hood slipped off to reveal none other than the Minister of Magic. "Hello Minister! Did I mention I'm resigning?" Percy hit Thicknesse with a curse on the chest that made the man drop his wand.

"You're joking Perce!" Fred shouted as the death eater he was battling collapsed under the weight of three separate stunning spells. The minister had fallen onto the ground after Percy transfigured him into a kind of sea urchin as Fred looked at his older brother in glee. "You actually are joking, Perce... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were-"

Clotilde seemed to have realized before everyone else what was happening. She saw the other two remaining death eaters cast a curse which hit the wall behind them. Everything was happening in slow motion as she saw Fred who was still laughing loudly. The wall behind them exploded rapidly and she made a choice. With all the strenght she had in her, she pushed the redhead out of the way as the wall came down on her before it had the chance to fall on Fred.

The rest of them were sent flying through the air as a cloud of dust covered the place. There was gruble everywhere but Fred was the first on his feet, his heart stopping when he saw the small frail figure of Clotilde, who laid on the floor with large stones piled on top of her body. Her head was bloodied, her pale face bruised and covered in dirt but there was still light in her eyes. Hermione let out a loud scream as she ran fastly to where her best friend was, trying to move the large rocks off of her but it was too late.

"Stay with me Blondie, I will get you out of here, I promise. Just don't close your eyes," Fred tried his best not to cry as he aid Hermione in moving some of the stones but Clotilde was already half buried in the wreckage.

"She can live without me, but not without you," Clo managed to speak with much difficulty, her throat sore but her body numb, it felt almost like flying. "She's made too many sacrifices for me so it was my turn, just tell her thanks for me," Clo whispered and smiled one last time, a single tear rolled down her cheek, the light inside her beautiful light-blue eyes extinguished forever as she went over to join her father, her newly arrived cousin and Remus. Welcoming death as an old friend, the same way her dad did the day he was taken as well.

"Hermione! Hermione tell me you have something!" Harry rushed to the side of the girl he saw as his sister but the cry that came out of Fred pulled his insides, a scream that only expressed pain and suddenly Harry knew what had happened. Clotilde Archambeau was gone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.6K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
64.9K 2.2K 76
⚠️UNDER EDITING/REVISION⚠️ (Still available to read) "There's no way that boy could ever feel love..." Hermione spat "I think he could...you guys j...
11.2K 292 30
"I hate your lips, I hate your voice, I hate the way you walk, I hate the way you say my name, I hate your beautiful face, I hate your pretty freckle...
110K 2K 108
________________________________________ *CURRENTLY RE-WRITING* finished by- 25/05/24 (hopefully) current re-write word count- 145,249 It's always...