Zane Wilder

Por whitemooonlight

*SLOWLY BEING EDITED* Zane had a special mission to accomplish. No one could find out that he's undercover. N... Más

Author Note
Characters
Chapter 1: ɪᴍᴀɢᴇ
Chapter 2: ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ
Chapter 3: ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ
Chapter 4: ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀ
Chapter 5: ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ
Chapter 6: sᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴜʀᴛ
Chapter 7: ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪᴛʏ
Chapter 8: ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴇs
Chapter 9: ʟɪᴀʀ
Chapter 10: ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs
Chapter 11: ᴛʀᴜsᴛ
Chapter 12: ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙᴇᴀᴛ
Chapter 13: ʜᴇᴀʀᴛʙʀᴇᴀᴋ
Chapter 14: sʜᴏᴛ
Chapter 15: ʟᴏsᴇ ʜɪᴍ
Chapter 16: ᴀᴡᴀᴋᴇ
Chapter 17: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ
Chapter 18: ʏᴏᴜ
Chapter 19: sᴛᴇᴘs
Chapter 20: ᴅᴇᴍᴏɴs
Chapter 21: ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇɴᴇss
Chapter 22: ᴋɪss
Chapter 23: ʀᴇʟᴀᴛᴇᴅ
Chapter 25: sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ
Chapter 26: ʟᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴏᴜsᴇ
Chapter 27: ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡʜᴇʟᴍᴇᴅ
Chapter 28: ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʟɪᴇ
Chapter 29: ᴡʜᴏ ɪ ᴀᴍ
Chapter 30: ᴊᴜsᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
Chapter 31: ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ
Chapter 32: ɪʟʏ
Chapter 33: ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴀʀᴍs
Chapter 34: sᴜʀᴘʀɪsᴇ
Chapter 35: ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ
ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏᴛᴇs
FUTURE PLANS

Chapter 24: ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴs

2.7K 78 4
Por whitemooonlight

"Life is filled with unanswered questions, but it is the courage to seek those answers that continues to give meaning to life. You can spend your life wallowing in despair, wondering why you were the one who was led towards the road strewn with pain, or you can be grateful that you are strong enough to survive it."

J.D. Stroube

Being away from my Angel was a lot harder than I thought.

We've been talking over the phone almost daily but it still feels too far away.

A lot of things have happened since KatKat left.

Since I've been away from her in the past month, I managed to get closer to the rat.

Finding out that Derek, the human trash, is Katherine's father was like a bomb. She has nothing to do with him but now hurting him it's a lot harder.

He doesn't deserve her but he's still her father and killing him would not mean just killing a psychopath. It means killing my girlfriend's father.

When I told my boss about it he literally said 'that's fucked up Wilder'.

I knew this information complicated everything but this doesn't change what I feel for her.

When my boss asked a logical question a few weeks ago I snapped.

"Wilder, can you trust your girlfriend? Have you thought of the possibility that maybe she knows more than she tells you?"

"With all due respect Sir, that's bullshit. I trust Katherine. She's proven to me over and over again. I've dealt with many people and I can tell when someone is lying. She is honest and has a pure heart."

"Wilder, don't get me wrong. I'm happy for you but sometimes when we are in love we tend to turn a blind eye to certain things. I hope this doesn't compromise the mission."

Those words were threatening. If the mission was to fail because of me, they would fire me immediately.

I refused to think Angel would lie to me. We both promised to be honest with each other and so far I believe we both have been.

A few days later, I relaxed and erased any kind of doubts when I talked to my Angel over the phone.

"ZeZe, you said this line is secure right?"

"Yes love, it is."

"Good, I have something important to tell you. I talked to my sister yesterday and I found something that could help you."

"I'm all ears then"

"Turns out my sister frequents a place in the city where she studies. It's a nightclub very know among university students. She has told me about that place a few times and she told me she'll be there tomorrow night. Now, the important information is the candy related. Sarah went to that club a few days ago and posted a picture with her friend on Instagram. If you look closer at the picture you can see the candy on the table. I've seen her use it a lot of times so I recognize it. If the club allows it, the owner might be involved."

"Baby, that's valuable information there. I should make you a detective."

"You definitely should"

That information was indeed valuable. I sent Paul, another undercover colleague of mine to the club. I showed him a picture of Sarah to let him know his target.

He flirted with her and as she gets honest when she's high he got good information.

Turns out to be Victor's own club.

Paul has been going there a few times and found out that Derek has been frequenting the place as well. There is a connection between those two.

Now there was a good reason to do a background check-up on Victor.

Paul has sent Jack the photos he took and found out his name is Victor Siriasky. His father is Russian but they do not have contact.

From what we could find out, Victor left Russia at the age of eighteen. He came to America then and he's been here for the past ten years.

He's had some problems with the police and went to jail once for a few months.

None of the information we found related him to Derek.

My guess was his relationship with Sarah.

What I wanted to figure out the most is the woman KatKat mentioned. The one who answered Derek's phone when she called him.

I began to think about her even more after a talk I had with Angel. She said something that made me think a lot.

"I'm getting tired of this chase Angel. I really want to find the man behind it and end this mission."

"I know ZeZe. Just a little bit more alright? Then we'll be all by ourselves and you get to spoil me as you promised"

"You bet I will. You'll be all mine then"

"But ZeZe, I watched this movie the other day and it had me thinking. What if the rat you talk about is a woman?"

"A woman? It wouldn't be strange but all the clues we have indicate that it's a man behind it."

"Either way Angel, we are pretty certain that is someone who Derek knows about. Your father is his or her right hand."

"Then ZeZe, what if the woman he's with is also involved?"

What Angel said was very logical. I've had missions before where the mastermind was a woman. It's not unusual, if anything, when a woman is behind, from my experience, the cases are a lot more cynical.

That woman Derek is seeing could be involved as well. But we have no idea who she is.

I also found other important clues.

We managed to find out who's the owner of the bank account Angel gave me and the phone number's owner as well.

I called Angel in a hurry yesterday.

"Baby, does the name Robert Willson sound familiar to you?"

"Yeah, he was my father's brother. He served in the military and died when I was little. I don't remember him at all but I know my father loved him a lot. Why are you asking?"

"Because the bank account you've been wiring money in is under that name. Your father doesn't have one."

"But how is that possible? He died a long time ago."

"Also, the phone number is registered under the name of Teresa Graham. We didn't find anything about her. Is as if she doesn't even exist. Does the name sound familiar?"

"No, never heard of her."

The bank account had a weird address. It didn't make sense. I asked Jack a few times if he wrote down the correct address.

Ekal Esuoh Eulb, 12, Missouri.

We thought it must be a made-up name. It didn't make sense because there was no house or place in Missouri under that name.

All these fake names and addresses are not unusual. I've encountered this a lot of times but this time is making me mad. Because that complicates things more and I want to finish this fucking mission faster.

Incoming call from Paul

"Hey, Wilder, we've got a situation here. They are holding a race tonight. A very important one apparently. It's confirmed that Victor is participating in the race"

"Victor? Are you sure Paul? He never participates!" I was surprised. He never participates in any race. He only observes.

"100% sure Wilder"

What could have happened for Victor to accept a race?

"Wilder, one more thing! Sarah is the reason Victor has so much power. Derek got him into business after he got out of jail. It's not Sarah who needs Victor but the other way around."

"Now that explains their weird relationship. But this also confirms that Derek has a lot of power. More than we initially suspected."

After Paul hung up I thought a lot about their connection.

According to what we know Victor got out of jail about six years ago. At that time we have no information about where Derek was. It's as if he did nothing during that time.

He didn't travel anywhere, he didn't receive any money either.

In fact, there is nothing about him in the time after he got divorced and the first time he got money wired by KatKat. There's a hole there.

Someone introduced Derek to this trafficking world. We need to know who that is.

Later I got ready and went to observe the race.

I knew things would get complicated the moment Sarah approached me.

This will not end well...

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.7M 41.2K 54
Every Girl wants a bad boy to be good only for her and that's exactly what Hadley got. *** Hadley didn't think much of it when she couldn't make any...
3.3K 435 43
Falling in love with an enemy knowingly is wrong. What if, it happens unknowingly? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ " W-what this? " I lost the ability to speak Englis...
2M 47.6K 74
'"Can you spread your legs a little farther for me, baby?" he asks me, his voice a low whisper. I nod, doing exactly as I'm told, and he bites down o...
86.8M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...