Reason [BNHA x HxH!Reader]

By bloomstruck

Everything happens for a reason - at least, that's what you'd like to believe. While playing Greed Island wit... More

[0] Departure
[1] Just Awake
[2] Solution
[3] Explosive Babies
[4] Auras
[5] Close Calls
[6] Field Trip
[7] Bird Brain
[8] Rampaging Evil
[x.1] Special
[9] Spreading Anxiety
[10] Declaration of War
[11] The Magician's Baile
[12] Go Go Go! U.A's Sport's Festival!
[13] Always Reaching For the Top
[14] Go Seize It!
[1-5] Anthology Chapter
[15] Bright and Cheerful
[16] Chuunibyou
[x.2] Special
[17] Budding Suspicions
[18] Foreigner VS. Sparking Killing Boy!
[6-10] Anthology Chapter
[19] Realized Capacity
[20] Consequences
[21] Underlying Threat
[22] Unwind
[23] The Big Three
[24] Code Names and Internships
[11-15] Anthology Chapter
[25] Scarlet-Eyed Lament
[26] Admonishment
[x.3] Crack Chapter
[27] Playing Detective
[28] Hero Killer
[29] S.O.S
[30] Higher Ground
[31] Two Sides of the Same Coin
[32] Secrets
[33] Specialist
[34] Study Hard!
[35] Back to the Basics
[36] Practicals
[37] Advantages
[38] Friends
[x.4] Crack Chapter Pt. 2
[39] Never a Moment of Rest
[40] Revelations
[41] Bloodlust
[42] Homesickness
[43] Fanfare
[44] Reinforcements
[45] Unease
[46] Touch and Go
[47] Remedial Hell
[48] Hysteria
[x.5] Crack Chapter Pt. 3
[x.6] Crack - Denki's Misfortune
[49] Intruders
[50] Budding Chaos
[51] York New City
[52] Tourists
[53] An Informant's Infamy
[54] [Y/n]: Origin
[55] Hero Support
[56] A Little Help
[57] Reality Shift
[58] Reason
[59] Diminuendo
[60] Departure
[16-20] Anthology
[21-25] Anthology
[26-30] Anthology
END 1: Midoriya Izuku
END 2: Bakugou Katsuki
END 3: Todoroki Shouto
END 4: Iida Tenya
END 5: Ashido Mina
END 6: Kirishima Eijirou
END 7: Kaminari Denki
END 9: Uraraka Ochaco
END 10: Yaoyorozu Momo
END 11: Shinsou Hitoshi
END 12: Toga Himiko
END 13: Kurapika
END 14: Leorio Paladiknight
BNHA ENDING
SECRET ENDING
HXH TRUE END
[alternate realities]
[Q&A AND END NOTE]
5K Special: What If?

END 8: Sero Hanta

575 20 3
By bloomstruck

"My decision . . . Guys, I'm — okay, I'm going to level with y'all, I'm really hungry."

Your group of friends deadpanned at the strange change of subject, but you continued. "Like, I'm going back of course, but you guys go first. I'm going to go raid the dorm fridge for a late night snack before I leave."

". . . Are you being serious right now?" Kurapika asked, looking equal parts exasperated and confused. I mean, what was he expecting, seriously? When you're hungry, you're hungry. A girl's gotta eat!

Killua, rolling his eyes, was not surprised whatsoever. "Some people never change," he joked, before looking over at Gon. "Let's go. Maybe we'll get lucky and end up in a different place than her."

You could feel your irritation start to pop off, giving him a forced smile. "Excuse me, Killua, I'll make sure that portal goes right back to your house!"

Killua glared at you, the two of you butting heads once more. "Oh yeah?! I have free reign to come and go, now! Meanwhile, your dumbass will probably wind up in that swamp or on some deserted island!"

Gon jumped in between the two of you with a raised hand before you and Killua could try and strangle each other. A bead of sweat dripped down the teen's face, but he was used to it by now — Gon was quick to learn that Killua was just not good with women, especially you or Bisky.

"[Y/n]-nee, are you going to meet back up with us in our world?"

You hummed, frowning slightly. ". . . Honestly, I kind of want to go back home and visit Aunt Mito for a bit. I miss her. But..." You trailed off, and Killua huffed, flicking your forehead lightly.

"We'll be fine, so stop worrying over us like you're our mother," he grumbled. Your smile turned more genuine, almost bittersweet.

"I know. You two are pretty damn strong." Looking past them and at Kurapika and Leorio, you tilted your head. "Besides, you two also look out for them in your own way, right?"

Leorio laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Only because Gon doesn't have much common sense."

"Hey!"

Killua had turned against Gon, shrugging and sticking his tongue out. "The old man's not wrong."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?!"

Kurapika and you had started laughing at the same time, the carefree banter easing your heart. Kurapika walked up and gave you a quick hug.

"We'll meet up again soon. Just stay out of trouble, alright?"

You nodded, and Leorio ruffled your hair, messing it all up as he grinned. "I'll see you around, [Y/n]. Don't forget to think about it."

Even though you knew exactly what he was talking about, you hadn't acknowledged it as him and Kurapika left, your smile dampening slightly. You loved Leorio, yes, but as a significant other? No, not really.

"Think about what?"

Gon's intrusive question had you jump, face turning red. "NOTHING!" You exclaimed, voice cracking. Laughing awkwardly, you pulled him and Killua into a tight hug. "Um, I'm going to miss you all a lot!"

"We'll be okay, don't worry!"

"Stop worrying like a helicopter mom."

Letting go of the two, you patted Gon's head before patting Killua's, the latter trying to swat your hands away to no avail. "You two have fun and kick ass, 'kay?"

You received two sets of grins: one happy, and one smug.

"Got it!"

With that said, Gon had dragged Killua into the portal before it closed — and just in time, too, as your stomach let out a painfully loud growl.

You weren't kidding when you told them you were hungry.

Making your way back to the dorms as quietly as you could, you helped yourself into the kitchen, looking through the freezer for ice cream. At least the school had properly stocked food here!

Grabbing an ice cream sandwich, you wasted no time in ripping open the cold treat and kicking the door closed before turning around — and, unfortunately, running into somebody.

As if in slow-motion, your ice cream sandwich left your hand and flew through the air, hitting the wall harshly before dropping to the ground, ruined. On the other hand, the person you collided with had been equally as unprepared as you, and the two of you crashed to the wooden floor as well, with you on top of them, your head hitting their chest harshly. The person beneath you had grunted painfully at the collision, and for a moment, your head was sent reeling in confusion.

Propping yourself up, your eyebrows shot up. "Hanta?"

Hanta still looked a bit dazed himself, blinking rapidly as if he couldn't believe his eyes. "Freecss? Why are you still here?"

"I got hungry."

At such a blatant response, Hanta had started chuckling, and in return you had followed suit, the two of you a giggling mess.

"That — that is so like you," he said between laughs, slowly sitting up and helping you off him. He wiped a fake tear away, grinning. "Although, I'm really glad you're still here."

Going to clean your ice cream sandwich was a heartbreaking endeavor, but it was something you had to do as you responded. "Not for long. I'm going back to my world after I get a snack." And with that said, you went right back to the freezer to pull out another ice cream sandwich. Thank God there were more, or else you would have probably sobbed.

You couldn't see Hanta's face, but his tone had turned more thoughtful when he next spoke. "Hey, Free— hm, no. [Y/n]."

The usage of your first name in this world always caught your attention, and you stood up straight and looked over at the black-haired teen, half of the ice cream sandwich in your mouth. "Hmph???"

Hanta snorted. "What if I went with you?"

Swallowing your bite, you tilted your head, not yet really comprehending the proposal. "Went... With me? Like, to my world?"

Nodding, Hanta shared his reasoning with you. "I've already been there, right? And it's a bit crazy, I'm not gonna deny that, but it was also pretty fun. Besides, I like you, and just being around you is enough to make me feel happy." He had said everything with such a calm demeanor that you had almost glossed over the last sentence.

Almost.

Face turning a bright red, you nearly dropped your ice cream sandwich again as you fumbled for words. "Wait, you—?! Me?!"

It was clear that he was trying to hold in another bout of laughter as he nodded. "Yeah, I'm kind of shocked, too. I don't expect you to answer right away, but if it's all the same, I'd like to go with you to your world."

Weirdly enough, it was almost reminiscent of your conversation with Leorio, although you felt more at ease answering Hanta. You were still deciphering your own feelings, but you had a feeling that you had already come to the conclusion of wanting to stay with Hanta.

Flashing him a bright grin, you took a bite of your dessert, having the decency to at least swallow first before you talked. "Well then, Sero Hanta — shouldn't you go pack?"

His grin matched your own, but before he could head off to his room, you had reached out and grabbed his wrist gently, stopping him. He looked back with a quirked eyebrow, and you leaned forward, placing a chaste kiss to his lips.

"My feelings... I'm not sure about them myself, but until I figure them out... Please be patient with me."

He grinned, a light red marring his cheeks as he pat your head once. "Of course, [Y/n]. Besides, we'll be together for quite a while."

With that said, he headed off to his dorm, and deciding that it just wouldn't hurt, you grabbed another ice cream sandwich from the freezer to snack on while waiting for him. This was going to be the start of a wild adventure, and you were stoked.

—·—·—

One Year Later . . .

"There is no way you're picking up on nen so fast. This is totally not fair!"

Sitting in the middle of the desert, you pouted as Hanta practiced gyo and ren interchangeably. He had been fast to pick up on the basics, and now the two of you were in Greed Island trying to complete the game since you never got to finish it. As proud as you were of Hanta...

Well, it was a bit disheartening to see your boyfriend catching up to you so fast. He was an emitter, no surprise there, and coating his tape in nen by using shu... It made him a powerhouse.

Sensing that you were disgruntled, Hanta took a break, grinning back at you before going to sit by you. He had immediately pulled you into his lap, burying his face into the top of your hair and just taking a moment to relax. You did the same, melting into his hold immediately, leaning backwards and humming.

"It's because I have a great teacher," he teased, moving his head so his lips touched the back of your neck. Gently, he started to pepper kisses on your neck, and you squirmed before turning around, pouting.

"You're a suck up."

Hanta shot you a cheeky smile. "Well, yeah."

Rolling your eyes, you leaned up and captured his lips in a real kiss, soft and slow as you loosely draped your arms around his neck. His hold on you was gentle but firm, and after a moment he had pulled away, only to place featherlight kisses all over your jaw and neck, trailing up and down. It would have been easy to get lost in the moment, but the presences you felt nearby signaled that your time was up for now.

"They're coming back," you murmured, and Hanta groaned before throwing himself backwards, taking you with him. You snorted, laying your head on his chest as you stared up at the sky, listlessly watching the clouds roll by.

The short silence between the two of you wasn't awkward at all, but rather comfortable. You broke it though, your voice soft. "I'm really glad you came with me, Hanta."

You could imagine the light red on his face at the sudden sentiment, and he huffed, arms tightening around you. "That's unfair," he complained, groaning. "How did I manage to get the cutest girlfriend ever? Ay Dios mío."

Once again, you rolled your eyes, but before you could respond the two presences had come back to the small makeshift camp you had set up.

"Are you two not training?"

You looked over at an amused Wing and a serious-looking Zushi, the two carrying wood for the fire. You had met them in the game — they had joined for training — and upon realizing that Wing had helped Gon and Killua, and that Bisky had trained Wing, your small group had decided to group up. Wing had been more help to Hanta than you were in terms of nen, and while they sometimes intruded on your alone time with your boyfriend, you were glad to have met them in the game.

Not that it was too chaotic anymore — with Genthru gone, the game was a lot more relaxed.

"We're taking a strategic break," you grinned, not making any effort to get up. "Besides, we have time before we get to the final round to play all those sports. Let us have this."

Wing sighed in exasperation and pushed his glasses up his nose. "That's on you. However, Hanta, Zushi... As you two are my students, I want you both to hold ren for four hours now."

Displeased when Hanta moved you off of him so he could train (not without pressing a kiss to the crown of your head, first), you watched them with a pout as Zushi and Hanta both began to train.

. . .

"AGH, okay, I'll train too!"

Getting up, you scrambled to join them, motivated to also give it your best. If Hanta was doing his best... Then you had to, too!

You were fully prepared to bring the term 'power couple' to a whole new level, because you knew as long as the two of you were together, you'd inspire each other to get stronger and better.

And really — that's all what love really is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

415K 16.7K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
53.1K 1.9K 18
[This version is discontinued! Check out the NEW version, same title, on my profile!] Gon and Killua have just finished clearing the game Greed Isla...
216K 6.1K 39
this book is a total joke btw i didn't take it super seriously while writing to the point it's embarrassing lol completed •Intro •30 chapters •Hal...
222K 7.9K 42
𝘏𝘢𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘴𝘭𝘪𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘥. 𝘌𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘥𝘦. 𝘔𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘩 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘱𝘦. 𝘐𝘵 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘢𝘳. 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯 𝘩𝘦𝘳 �...