Fixing the Future

By hollyb84

Alyssa Granger lost a lot during the war and so when her and Luna Lovegood are thrown back in time, it may ju... More

War is Raging
Aren't you dead?
Sorted!
Introductions
Wood
First Lesson
Patronus times three
Swimming
Boggarts
Liam
Blacks Back Together
Sorting Memories
Letter
Werewolf
Truth
1.1
1.2
1.3
A/N
1.4
1.5
1.6
1.7
1.8
A/N
1.9
2.1
2.2
2.3
A/N
2.4
2.5
2.6
2.7
2.8
2.9
Coffee
3.0
3.1
3.2
3.3
3.4
3.5
3.6
3.7
3.8
3.9
4.0
4.1
4.2
4.3
Detentions and gossip
4.4
4.5
4.6
4.7
4.8
4.9
5.0
5.1
5.2
5.3
5.4
5.5
5.6
5.7
5.8
5.9
6.0
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6.5
6.6
6.7
6.8
6.9
7.0
7.1
7.2
7.3
7.4
7.5
7.6
7.7
7.8
7.9

2.0

7.6K 235 39
By hollyb84

Harry and Oliver carried a trunk into the courtyard whilst holding two bats.
'Quidditch is easy enough to understand. Each team has 7 players: three chasers, two beaters, one keeper, and a seeker. That's you, Harry.'
Oliver opened the trunk, revealing three balls, two of them chained down. He grabbed the center ball before turning to him.
'There are three kinds of balls. This one's called the 'quaffle.' The chasers handle the quaffle and try to put it through one of those three hoops. You also have to try to avoid the opposing teams chasers as they will try to take it from you. But when the other team has it, you have to try to take it from them, understand?'
'Yes, I understand.'
'Good. Now, the keeper - that's me - defends the hoops. With me so far?'
'I think so. What are those?'
Oliver set the quaffle back into the trunk.
'Harry you better take one of the bats.'
Harry looked confused, but did so. Oliver then released one of the chained balls, making it soar though the air.
'Careful now. It's coming back.'
Harry stepped forwards, hitting the flying ball away from them, sending it through towards the statue behind them through the hole of the statues arms.

'Nice.' Sirius exclaimed and James grinned again,
'Wow! He's good at his very thing- just like his dad.'
Alyssa groaned,
'Okay, who the fuck inflated his ego this much that he's almost unbearable to be around.'

'Wow! Not bad, Potter. You'd make a fair beater. Uh-oh. Oof!'

The ball came darting back, Oliver catching it as Harry crouched down. He struggled a bit, but got it back into the trunk, securing it down..
'What was that?'
'A bludger. Nasty little buggers.'

Alyssa snorted,
'Don't have to tell him twice.'
They all looked curiously at her but she gave nothing away and just said,
'Second book.' Making them all groan.

'But you, Harry...are a seeker. The only thing I want you to worry about is this...the 'golden snitch.''
Oliver handed Harry the tiny ball, he looked at it fascinated.
'I like this ball.'
'Ah, you like it now. Just wait. It's wicked fast and damn near impossible to see.'
'What do I do with it?'
'You catch it...before the other team's seeker. You catch this, the game's over. You catch this, Potter, and we win.'

The snitches wings unfolded, it hovered in the air, Harry's eyes following it as it zoomed around.
'Whoa.'

The scene cut to a classroom, a short professor standing on books stacked onto a chair.
'One of a wizard's most rudimentary skills is levitation...or the ability to make objects fly. Uh, do you all have your feathers? Good. Now, uh, don't forget the nice wrist movement we've been practicing, hmm? The swish and flick. Everyone.'

The students all took out their wands, copying their teacher. Harry was next to Seamus, Hermione by Ron and Alyssa by Neville.
'The swish and flick.'
'Good. Oh, and enunciate. Wingardium leviosa. Off you go, then.'
The class then tried to perform the spell.
'Wingaridum leviosa.'
'Wingaridum leviosar.'
Ron frantically waved his wand, while Hermione stopped him.
'No, stop, stop, stop. You're going to take someone's eye out. Besides, you're saying it wrong. It's levi-osa... not levio-sar.'
'You do it, then, if you're so clever. Go on. Go on.'

'You mentioned you were friends with them? Well how did those two become friends- they seem to hate each other?' Andy asked.
'Let's just say there was blood.' Alyssa said ominously causing the others to look slightly alarmed.
'I'm sorry what?' Lily asked.
'Blood and near death experiences. All fun and games.' She replied causing the others to look on in disbelief and Remus objected,
'Um, sorry, but no. No. That is definitely not true.'
'Did you say near death experiences'
'Yup. We had a fun life.'
'No shit. I can see that.'

'Wingardium leviosa.'
Hermione's feather then started floating, higher and higher, much to Ron's disappointment. Everyone stopped and watched her feather in amazement, especially the professor.
'Oh, well done! See here, everyone. Miss Granger's done it! Oh, splendid!'

Alyssa and Neville were shown then, Alyssa flicked her wand,
'Wingardium leviosa.'
The feather rose up off the desk until she caught it with her hand before it could go too high so no one seemed to notice with the exception of Neville who was still trying to get his to rise.
'Ugh. It's not working for me. How did you do that?'
'I'm not really sure. Can you try again quickly.'
He nodded and tried again making Alyssa nod.
'Oh, I see. You're holding you're wand wrong, here.' She reached to correct him, pausing suddenly and turning to him,
'You don't mind do you?'
'No of course not- I'm in desperate need of help.'
She laughed lightly and adjusted his hold on the wand.
'There. Try again.'
'Wingardium leviosa.' He chanted and to his shock, the feather rose off the desk into the air until it hit the ceiling.

'You're a good teacher.' Lily commented and Alice once again thanked Alyssa profusely for helping him.
'Thank you so much. You're very patient by the way. I agree with Lily and I think that you would make good teacher.'
She blushed.
'Thanks.'

The professor congratulated Neville with a beaming smile.
Seamus then turned to his feather, 'Wingard leviosa.'
'Oh no...'
'Well done, dear.'
A light flashed following a boom, the professor almost knocked off his chairs. The students jerked their heads towards Seamus, who was once again, covered in ash, his eyebrows missing. Harry had an annoyed look on his face, as half of it was covered in ash as well.

'That boy is brilliant!' Sirius reiterated what he had said earlier.

'I think we're going to need another feather over here, professor.'

Harry, Ron, Seamus, and Dean entered a courtyard.
'"It's levi-osa, not levio-sar.' She's a nightmare, honestly. No wonder she hasn't got any friends except her sister.'

'Harsh.' Barty muttered as the others winced. Lily frowned,
'That's horrible. She was only trying to help him. Poor Hermione.'
Alyssa also scowled,
'I'm a great friend.'

Hermione then pushed past them, as they laughed, sniffling. Alyssa looked after her worried.
'I think she heard you.' Harry said.

'I feel so bad for her.' Alice said.
'People should really think before they speak.' Pandora agreed. Luna nodded before turning to Alyssa,
'Well they'll have to face Lyssa's wrath now- I don't envy them!'

Alyssa spun to face them, eyes flashing with anger.
'Are you serious?'

'No but I-'
'Finish that sentence and I swear to God you'll be sorry.' Alyssa cut Sirius off. Bellatrix frowned,
'What is God?'
'I can't be bothered to explain. Look it up.'

'Grow up Weasley. Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you have to make someone else feel shit. And I'll have you know I'm a great friend so next time you see Hermione you better be apologising for acting like a complete dick. Oh, and Potter, just cos you didn't say anything doesn't mean you're in the clear- seeing someone bully someone and doing nothing is just as bad as actually bullying someone so don't think I'll forgive you any easier because you're the chosen one. Now, I'm going to go after my sister and I hope you feel guilty. Good day.'
She turned and stormed off after her sister leaving a speechless Harry and Ron, both flushed from embarrassment.

'Damn.' Sirius whistled, 'who knew you had it in you. I'm impressed.'
'Remind me not to get on your wrong side.' Frank said as Alyssa smirked.

The ceiling in the great hall reflected the storm outside. Jack-o-lanterns were floating in the air, student's eating their dinner and dessert. Harry looked to the space next to him.
'Where's Hermione? And where's Alyssa?'
'Parvati Patil said that Hermione wouldn't come out of the girls' bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon crying. Alyssa has been with her the whole time, refusing to leave her side.'
Harry glared at Ron, who shrugged with his mouth full.

Quirrell then rushed into the Great Hall panicked.
'TROLL! IN THE DUNGEON! TROLL IN THE DUNGEON! Thought you ought to know.'
Quirrell then fainted on the floor, the students began screaming and panicking.

'Isn't he meant to be the defence against the dark arts professor?' Regulus asked, 'fat lot of good he is in a crisis.'
Meanwhile Lily, Narcissa, Andy and Alice looked fretful.
'Why on earth is there a troll in the castle? Hogwarts is meant to be safe!'
'They've clearly got some security issues.'
'And some staffing issues too- I mean who in their right mind would employ that idiot!'
'The ministry.' Alyssa piped up, 'In fact, he was the only ministry selected DADA teacher and the only one they classed as competent with the exception of the time they hired a pink toad.'
The others blinked in confusion. Sirius asking,
'A pink toad.'
'Yup. Bad employee choices if you ask me. That thing was unbearable.'
'You're referring to the toad?'
'Correct. A real bitch.'

Dumbledore rose from his seat.
'Silence!'
Every students stopped and turned to him.
'Everyone will please not panic. Now...prefects will lead their house back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons.'
'Hufflepuff, this way!'
'Stay together!'

'Aren't the Slytherin dorms in the dungeon?'Evan asked making Narcissa inhale sharply and the other look in alarm. Alyssa frowned having not been there during this and never really thought about it before.

The professors began to leave, while Snape looked worried, and took off through the door behind him.

They all turned to him exempt from Alyssa and James asked,
'Where are you going?'
'It's the future. How would I know?'
He sneered.

'Gryffindors, keep up, please, and stay alert.'
'How could a troll get in?'
'Not on its own. Trolls are really stupid. Probably people playing jokes.'
Harry then looks worried and panicked, grabbing Ron's robes, pulling him to the side.

Remus looked nervous,
'Why do they look so worried?'

'What?'
'Hermione and Alyssa! They don't know.'

There are a few gasps and wide eyes when they realised they forgot about the two twins. Lily asked,
'What happens? Are you okay.'
'Watch and see.'

Harry and Ron take off, running to the girls' bathroom. They stopped when they saw a large shadow, hearing accompanying loud footsteps.
'I think the troll has left the dungeon.'

'Oh Merlin.' Lily muttered.

Harry pulled Ron into a crevice, hiding as the troll walked past the hall.
'It's going into the girls' bathroom.'

Everyone besides Alyssa paled, worried for how this would turn out. 

Hermione came out of the stall wiping her eyes, Alyssa standing next to her. She wrapped her arms around Hermione comfortingly. She opened them back up, jaw dropping as her eyes grew in fear. She then slowly pulled away from her hug with Hermione, gripping her shoulders as she whispered.

'Mia...don't stress, but we're going to slowly walk back into the stall.'
'Huh?'
'Shh!'
'No, what's wrong?'
Hermione then turned around, her eyes on the ground, slowly panning up, seeing the troll. The troll grunted as he looked at the girls, who backed away scared. As they moved away, the troll moved forward, raising the club in his hands.

No one says anything, only looking forwards in worry.

Alyssa pushed Hermione into the stall, following her in there closing the door, before crawling underneath. The troll then destroyed the bathroom stalls, the pieces of wood falling on the two girls.

'AAH!'
The boys burst through the door, shocked at the sight of the destroyed bathroom. The girls moved the pieces of the boards and look at the boys.
'ALYSSA, HERMIONE, MOVE!'
The girls crawled away as it destroyed the rest of the stalls. Harry and Ron tried to distract it from the girls.
'Help!'
'Hey, pea brain!'
Ron hit the troll, dragging his attention away from the girls. Alyssa and Hermione crawled to the sinks. The troll notices and hits the sink with his club, Alyssa's hands shot in front of her face to protect it as Hermione did the same, the pieces of broken sink seemingly bounced off an invisible force field around them. Like before, Alyssa's wandless magic went unnoticed by the other three as they were occupied with the troll.

'That's so cool.' Sirius sighed, 'I wish I could do wandless, non-verbal magic. Imagine all the pranks I could do.' Lily glowered,
'The four of them are in danger and that's what you're thinking about!'

'Aah! Help!'
'Help us!'
Harry looked determined, took his wand out, and as the troll reeled his club back, grabbed onto it. Harry was then lifted off the ground and landed on the trolls neck. As the troll tried to buck Harry off, the twins stared in worry.
'Harry! Hold on!' Alyssa shouted.

They stared, frozen in fear at the first year clinging on around the troll's neck.

In the all of the movement, Harry's wand was jammed into the trolls nose. The other three looking in disgust.

'Oh, that is just gross.' Narcissa wrinkled her nose up in disgust.

The troll continued to jerk Harry around until he took his leg and held him upside down. He said frantically to Ron.
'Do something!'
The troll tried to hit Harry as Ron looked around confused.
'What?'
'Anything! Hurry up!'

Ron took his wand out and Hermione gestured how to move it.
'Swish and flick.'

Despite the severity of the situation, Bellatrix snorted in amusement,
'Ah yeas of course. Use the spell you couldn't do earlier.'

'Wingardium leviosa.'
The club levitated in the air above the troll. He went to hit Harry again, only to see he's not holding the club. The troll looked up confused and the club fell, hitting him on his head.

'Cool!'
'No Sirius, not cool. Nothing about this situation is cool!' Lily snapped.

The troll dropped Harry and stumbled, as Harry quickly moved away from it. The troll falls unconscious, barely missing the young Gryffindor. Hermione slowly got out from under the sink, helping Alyssa up after her who dusted herself off.

They all looked at Alyssa,
'You four...in your first year...defeated a troll...'
'It was Harry and Ron, me and Mia did literally nothing.' Alyssa responded and Barty grinned,
'She's modest too!'

'Is it...dead?'
'I don't think so. Just knocked out. Are you alright, Hermione, Alyssa?'
'I'm fine, are you? You're the one who was being thrashed about.' Alyssa said and Hermione nodded.

Harry went to take his wand back.

Everyone cringed in disgust.

'Oh! Troll bogies.'
Harry wiped his wand off on his robes, as Professors McGonagall, Snape, and Quirrell rushed into the bathroom.
'Oh! Oh, my goodness. Explain yourselves, all three of you!'
'Well, what it it-'
'It's my fault, Professor McGonagall.' Hermione said causing the teachers, Ron and Harry to look at Hermione in shock whilst Alyssa frowned slightly.
'Miss Granger.'
'I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it, but I was wrong. Alyssa had tried to talk me out of it, but I wouldn't listen. She went to get a teacher, when we came upon the troll. If Harry and Ron hadn't come and found us, we'd probably be dead.'

'Never thought I'd see her lying to a teacher!' James  said stunned.
'Why didn't she just tell the truth.' Remus asked and Alyssa shrugged,
'Probably just didn't want any of us to get into trouble.'

As Harry looked at the ground, he noticed Snape leg was bleeding.

'Be that as it may...it was an extremely foolish thing to do.'
Snape saw Harry looking at his leg, covering it with his robes as he looked at him cautiously, who returned the look.
'I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, and I am very disappointed in you, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgement. As for you two gentlemen and young lady - I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many first-year students could take on a fully-grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale.'
The three look to the unconscious troll, thankful they're still alive.
'5 points...will be awarded to you two gentlemen...for sheer dumb luck. And ten points will be awarded to you, Miss Granger, for trying to get your sister to see sense and attempting to get a teacher.'
Alyssa looked shocked as her brother and best friend celebrate. McGonagall left and Snape gave Quirrell a look, before leaving himself. Quirrell then stepped forward to the quartet.
'Perhaps you ought to go. M-might wake up.'
The quartet left, and Quirrell looks annoyed at the troll. The troll growled, scaring the Professor.
'Oh!'

'What an incompetent fool.' Andy scoffed.

The quartet walked down the hallway toward their common room.
'Good of you to get us out of trouble like that.'
'Mind you, we did save her life.'
'Mind you, she might not have needed saving, if you hadn't insulted her.'
'What are friends for?'

They all smiled at each other as Alyssa whispers to Hermione.
'Told you, they'd come around.' Before turning to the Harry and Ron with a stern look on her face,
'Don't you have something else to say boys?'
'Right! I'm so sorry for what I said.'
Ron apologised. Harry embellished,
'And I'm sorry for just going along with it.'
'That's fine. Don't worry.' Hermione beamed.

'So, you all became friends over defeating a troll?' Alice asked and Alyssa nodded.
'Is that what you meant when you said that you bonded over blood and near death experiences.'
'Yup.'
'Will there be more?'
'Of blood or near death experiences. Actually, never mind, there'll be more of both. Don't look so glum! At least you didn't have to go through it.'

Regulus frowned,
'But the real question is...how did the troll get into the castle?'
Alyssa once again smirked replying,
'Wait and see!' Making the others groan exempt Luna who chuckled at her friend.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

274 38 19
This is a fanfic of the marauders time at hogwarts, it follows remus prospective and what he feels and thinks as he faces the angst of the years Ple...
151K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
38.6K 945 23
!This was discontinued until I posted the rest of the pre-written chapters. Many are unedited so forgive me! 7th year (Y/N) Black. Sirius's Older si...
121K 2.9K 30
She's a third year griffindor and best friends with lily Evans. But one night changes everything, As she disappeared in to the darkness, no one kn...