A Monster turned Hero (MHA X...

By macrostorn

Minato, a 14-year old boy from Aldera Middle School wishes to become a hero, alongside his friends, Katsuki a... More

1: "A New Beginning"
2: "A Fated Meeting"
3: "Going Beyond"
4: "The First Day"
5: "Rivalry, Presidency and New Friends"
6: "The Monster Unleashed"
7: "Sports Festival"
8: "The Results of Effort"
10: "The Hero Killer"
9: "Your Quirk"
11: "Ingenium's Rebirth"
12: "Final Exams"
13: "The Incredible I-Island"
14: "Party Crashers"
15: "The True Culprit"
16: "Two Heroes"
17: "A Moment of Respite"
19: "A Much Needed Talk"
20: "Forest Mayhem"
21: "Search and Rescue"
22: "The One Behind All"
23: "Minato Amamiya: Origin"
24: "The Painful Truth"
25: "Forgiveness and Realization"
26: "Second Chance"
27: "Confrontation and Confession"
28: "The Big Three"
29: "The Past Repeats"
30: "Preparation"
31: "Overhaul"
32: "Defeat"
33: "Rehearsal"
34: "Dreams and Reality"
35: "Hero Too"

18: "Training Camp"

565 10 8
By macrostorn

Class 1-A were on a bus, moving towards the place where their summer training camp would be held, as Minato was being annoyed by the person sitting next to him.

Minato:"Shouldn't you be in your seat. We are supposed to be sitted by the order Sensei put us."

Mina:"(Hugging his arm) Aizawa-sensei said he doesn't care, so it's fine!"

Minato:"But I didn't and I'm the class president, so..."

Mina:"But Yaomomo is vice-president and she said it's okay!"

As soon as he hears it, Minato immediately glares at Momo, who pretends to be distracted, looking outside the window.

Minato:"(Leaning closer to her, glaring) Is it true? You said it was okay?"

He keeps leaning closer to Momo until he realizes he won't get an admission of guilt out of her, apart from the fact that the girl was already sweating bullets from how close he was.

Minato:"(Sighs) You're always doing troublesome things."

As she hears this, Momo turns around.

Momo:"Well, someone has to do them. (Ignoring Minato's glare) But why did you want to sit with us, Ashido-san?"

Mina:"Easy! (Hugging Minato) I want to sit next to my boyfriend!"

Suddenly, the inside of the bus went silent, as the entire class looks at Mina with dumbfounded looks on their faces, while Minato pinches the bridge of his nose.

Minato:"(Annoyed) I'm gonna take a nap."

He then puts his legs up on the seats, lying down, with his head on top of Momo's thighs, as Mina simply moved, lying on top of Minato, hugging him, with her head to his chest.

Momo:"(Blushing hard) A-amamiya-kun!? W-what are you doing!?"

Minato:"Trying to sleep. I just said so, remember?"

Momo:"(Blushing hard) But why did you put your head on my lap!?"

Minato:"Because it's soft."

That was the end of conversation, as Minato immediately fell asleep. The rest of the trip was pretty much the same, with Minato and Mina sleeping and Momo blushing. As they arrive, the two buses stop, as classes 1-A and 1-B leave them.

Minato:"We're in the middle of nowhere."

Momo:"(Stretching her legs) Perhaps it's just a small break. We have been in the bus for two hours."

Minato chuckled. He knew Momo's legs were probably a bit numb from him laying his head on top of them. As she stretched, Minato smirked at Momo, who looked away, pouting. Mina, who was still drowsy, hugged Minato's arm to support herself, as she tried to recover. Meanwhile, Class B, who were standing next to A, seem to be a bit tired too. After Mina recovered from her drowsiness, Minato starts passing his hands through his hair to comb it, when he stops halfway.

Minato:"(Confused) Huh?"

Mina:"What is it, Mi-kun?"

Minato:"(Confused) This is weird. I haven't combed my hair this morning, but there aren't any knots in it."

Hearing this, Momo focuses on stretching her legs, trying to hide her blushing face as well as she can.

"Hey, Eraser!"

Everyone looks towards where the voice was coming to see a black car park near the two buses. As the doors opened, two women in cat-like costumes came out, doing some sort of routine, presenting themselves as the Wild Wild Pussycats. Next to them was a boy with a red cap, shooting a glare towards everyone.

Minato(Thought):"What the hell!? Who, in their right mind, would wear that!?"

Aizawa:"(Gesturing to the two women) These are the pro heroes who will be working with you during the camp."

Pussycat1:"We own this entire stretch of land in front of you. As for where you'll be staying, (Points towards the area) there's a building near the foot of the mountain."

Minato(Thought):"I see. If we stopped here, then that means..."

Pussycat1:"It's currently 9:30 AM."

Pussycat2:"Which means that, if you're fast enough, you'll get there around noon. (Smiling maliciously) By the way, kitties who don't get there by 12:30 won't be getting any lunch."

Hearing this, everyone turns around and prepares to jumps into the wilderness, as Minato stands in place, undressing the top part of his clothing and bending his knees, as he readies himself. Suddenly, the blonde pussycat starts talking, making everyone stop and turn around, apart from Minato, who simply stood there, with his knees bended.

Pussycat2:"Also! Since this is private land, you can use your quirks however you see fit."

As the students were about to run again, someone calls their attention. This time, it was Minato, who was talking to Aizawa.

Minato:"Sensei, I assume All Might told you about my quirk after what happened at I-Island, right?"

Aizawa:"Yes. UA has been informed and info regarding your quirk was updated."

Minato:"(Smirking) Then that means I don't need to restrain myself right now, right?"

Aizawa:"Knock yourself out."

As soon as he heard those words, Minato leapt from his position, as he started covering a great deal of terrain, leaving behind a small crater where he once stood. Everyone from Class A started moving, trying to catch up to their classmate, as Class B looked, astonished. As Minato finally lands, after covering almost a third of the way, he starts running. Less than 5 minutes after he started running, Minato finds some sort of creature, seemingly made of earth, in his path.

Minato:"So these are their obstacles, huh? (Grinning) Well then, let's play!"

Minato unleashes his kagune, slicing the creature to pieces without stopping. He kept sprinting at a blurring speed, destroying the golem-like creatures with a single blow from his kagune each time. Soon, Minato reached the place they'd be staying, as Aizawa and the Pussycats stood by the entrance.

Aizawa:"Here already, Amamiya?"

Minato:"So, how long did I take?"

Aizawa:"A little under an hour. So that's your full quirk."

Aizawa studies the boy, looking at his eyes, which were now black and red, and the tendrils protruding from his back.

Minato:"(Withdrawing his kagune) Pretty much."

Pussycat2:"(Surprised) What the heck are you, kid? Not even we could cross the forest so fast! Not to mention how easily you destroyed my earth beasts!"

After the blonde said what she had to say, Minato started walking to the building, only to be stopped by Aizawa.

Aizawa:"If you had such a powerful quirk, why didn't you use it before, Amamiya? From what All Might told us, there doesn't seem to be any condition or limit for using it."

Minato:"(Sighs) It's not that I can't use it. I just... prefer not to show it in public. (Chuckles) Plus, it doesn't exactly give me the most heroic look, now does it?"

Despite Minato's attempt to hide it, Aizawa could see there were deeper reasons than those. Reasons that, knowing his student, he would probably never share, unless he had to. As they finish their talk, Minato walks inside the building to rest until lunchtime.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Class 1-A crossing the forest as fast as they can)

The rest of the day was peaceful and a bit monotonous for Minato, as he was the only one to finish within the time limit, as it took a few more hours for everyone to finally be there. Unsurprisingly, most of the first people to get there were from Class A, with Izuku, Katsuki and Shoto being the first to arrive, a little over the time limit. At dinnertime, Minato couldn't help but laugh a little, as everyone, apart from him, was stuffing their mouths full of food, like they hadn't eaten in months. After dinner, the boys from Class A went to the hot spring to take a bath. Everyone talked about what their training was gonna be like, until...

Mineta:"Bah, who cares about training! (Making a pervy face) What matters is what's beyond that wall!"

Minato facepalms as he realizes what's gonna happen.

Mineta:"Walls... are meant to be climbed!"

Mineta then starts climbing the wall, using his quirk to create handholds. As he was about to get to the top of the wall, he is sent back down with a kick to the face from Minato, who jumped to stop him. As Mineta was lying on the floor, unconscious, with his nose bleeding and missing a tooth, Minato sits on top of the wall, looking at his handywork, until...

Mina:"(Cheerful) Hey, Mi-kun!"

As Minato looks, he sees the girls from his class, completely naked, quickly covering themselves, apart from Momo, who simply froze, with her face red as a tomato, and Mina, who was looking at the boy, in a seductive pose.

Mina:"(Teasing) Like what you see?"

Minato doesn't answer, as his face become redder than Momo's, as a geyser of steam emerges from the top of his head, before the boy starts falling back to the boy's side, hitting the ground, unconscious. After the bath, the rest of the boys carry their unconscious classmates to their rooms. The next day, after breakfast, everyone gets ready for training and gathers outside.

Aizawa:"Good morning to everyone. Today we'll begin our training camp. Our goal here is to increase everyone's strength, in order for you to be able to obtain a provisional hero license. Before we begin, I'd like you to throw this, Amamiya."

Aizawa then shows a ball, equal to the one from their test on the beginning of the school year.

Minato:"If I'm getting where you're going with this correctly, you might not want to choose me, Sensei."

Aizawa:"(Confused) And why is that?"

Minato:"Because, due to my quirk being a mutation-type, I've kept my physical training regimen, so the result will be solely affected by my current condition."

Aizawa:"I see. Very well. Then you try, Bakugo."

Katsuki picks up the ball from the teacher's hand, gets in position and throws it with an explosion, just like before. As the ball lands, Aizawa shows the device to the students.

Class A:"(Shouting) 500 meters!?"

Class A is surprised at the result, wondering what happened, as Katsuki is horrified. Minato, however, simply ignored their reactions, waiting for Aizawa to explain.

Aizawa:"In these last three months, you have been improving. However, that was only on a technical level. Even though you've improved when it comes to using your quirks. Physically speaking, you've gotten weaker. Quirks are physical abilities, too, which is why, starting today, you'll be focusing on improving your quirks."

The two classes then question the teacher on how they would train to improve their quirks, as he simply gestures to the four pro heroes dressed in cat-like costumes, as they present themselves as "the full version" of the Wild Wild Pussycats. The four then present themselves, on at a time.

Ragdoll:"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Ragdoll! My quirk is Search! It allows me to learn all the info of up to 100 people just by looking at them, including their current location and weaknesses!"

Pixie-Bob:"I'm Pixie-Bob! With my quirk, Earthflow, I will be creating your training grounds!"

Mandalay:"I'm Mandalay! My quirk, Telepath, allows me to communicate telepathically with multiple people to relay info and advice."

After the three women present themselves, a muscular man with an ominous look in his eyes, wearing the same kind of costume, presents himself.

Tiger:"And I'm Tiger! My quirk focuses on physical combat. All the enhancement types will train with me! The training has already begun."

After that, everyone split up. Everyone else went to do their own training, while the enhancement types stayed with Tiger. Minato and Izuku were waiting to see what kind of training the man would put them through, as they looked to the weights on their wrists and legs. As he stood in the middle of a small clearing, Tiger ordered the students to hit him with all they've got. As everyone looked uncertain of what to do, Minato simply smirks, lunging at the hero. As he approaches Tiger, Minato sends a straight punch to his gut, which misses completely, as the hero uses his quirk, Pliabody, to bend his body out of the way. The man then responds with an uppercut to his chin, as Minato smirks, taking the blow. Tiger looks, incredulous, as Minato simply stood there, not taking any damage from the hit. The duo then kept exchanging blows, with Minato missing them all and Tiger not doing any damage, whatsoever, until Minato's twelth attempt. As he approaches Tiger, Minato goes for a left-handed jab, which Tiger dodges by bending his body. As Minato's fist keeps it's trajectory, moving to his right side, Tiger takes the chance and tries to hit him with a double hammer arm. Seeing this, Minato grins, as he moves his left arm out of the way, hitting Tiger in the face with a haymaker. As the hero is thrown back by the blow, landing on his knees, he gets up, looking at Minato with a beffuddled look on his face.

Tiger:"How!?"

Minato:"(Smiling) Simple. After realizing I wouldn't be able to hit you without a trick, I made it seem that, in these last few attempts, my reaction time was getting slower. I noticed you were getting into it as well and would try to attack full force, which means you wouldn't use your quirk. On that last blow I used the jab, not just as a decoy, but a cover as well. That way, you wouldn't be able to see that haymaker coming your way. The brain is a muscle as well, after all."

After hearing that, Tiger starts laughing, congratulating Minato and dismissing him for the rest of the training for today, due to him still being in recovery from the I-Island incident. He then sat by a tree, watching his fellow students attempt to fight the hero, all at the same time.

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Minato observing Chibi Izuku and Chibi Tiger fighting)

Dinnertime was approaching, as Minato looked at his classmates working to make dinner. He would help if he could, but, due to the fact that he had to wear the weights Tiger gave him all the time, he couldn't control his body so well. With his strength, the weights are far heavier that the ones everyone else is wearing, so it would take some time to get accostumed. Right now, he was sitting on the ground, next to Mina, who was sitting on a bench, peeling and cutting vegetables.

Minato:"(Bored) Are you done yet?"

Mina:"(Annoyed) I already told you I'm not done! I like that you want to spend time with me, Mi-kun, but I'm busy."

Izuku simply pouts at her answer and pokes a finger at her side. Mina immediately drops the knife on the table in front of her, covering her mouth to hold the laughter. Seeing this, Minato gains a mischievous look on his face and positions himself behind her, as he starts tickling both of Mina's sides.

Mina:"(Laughing hard) S-stop! I-i'm gonna die! Stop!"

Momo:"Amamiya-kun."

Minato stops his tickling to look at a serious Momo.

Momo:"(Serious) Let Ashido-san finish her task and don't distract her, please. (Scolding) Just because you don't have anything to do, it doesn't mean the rest of us don't."

Minato looks at Momo carefully, making her take a step back.

Momo:"(Nervous) W-what?"

Minato:"Are you finished?"

Momo:"Y-yes."

Minato:"Good. Then I'm hanging with you."

Momo:"(Nervous) I'd prefer if you didn't."

Mina:"(Clutching her sides) I'd prefer he did! My stomach still hurts from all the laughter!"

Minato:"(Smirking) You'll live."

Mina:"(Pouting) Shut up, I'm mad at you! Go play with Yaomomo!"

Finishing the conversation, Momo decides to take a walk in the woods, as Minato follows her. As the two walked, they eventually find a river, large enough to swim in and deep enough to dive, with a small waterfall.

Momo:"This place is beautiful!"

Minato:"Looks like the perfect place to relax. We should tell the rest of the class about it."

Momo:"(Excited) We could do a picnic, or go for a swim! Good thing I packed my swimsuit, just in case! I hope Sensei gives us permission!"

Minato looks at Momo, all giddy, making her plans, as her eyes shine.

Minato:"You're... very excitable, aren't you?"

Momo:"(Confused) What do you mean, Amamiya-kun?"

Minato:"It's nothing. Don't worry about it. Anyway, do you think they finished making dinner already?"

Momo:"Probably. It has been a while since we left. We should probably go back."

Minato:"Alright then. (Nervous) By the way... you do know how to get back, right?"

(Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Minato and Chibi Momo trying to find the way back)

After getting back, Minato and Momo had dinner, as she finished quickly and left, still mad at the boy. After dinner, Minato goes back to the boys' room. Seeing their friend, Izuku and Katsuki approach him, asking where he was during dinner, as he explains what happened.

Minato:"(Confused) I don't get why she's so mad. It's not like she knew the way back either."

Katsuki:"Of course she'd be mad if she was forced to spend time with you, you idiot."

Minato:"(Making fun) Oh. Is that why you're always acting like a pissed off d-bag?"

Katsuki:"Damn straight, you moron."

Minato simply rolled his eyes. He kinda missed the days when he could really get under Katsuki's skin. Nowadays, the blonde is so used to it that he just answers in kind.

Minato:"Anyway, let's change the subject. How has training been going for you two? I can't really train as much because of my recovery, but my quirk is a mutation-type, so..."

Izuku and Katsuki then answered. Izuku mentioned how hard it was to hit Tiger, saying he even tried using some tricks, like Minato did, but failed. Katsuki talked about how his training consisted of increasing his sweat glands and developing his hands' resistance to the explosions, in order to send increasingly more powerful ones.

Izuku:"By the way, Minato-kun, you never told us what the doctors told you about your recovery, after the I-Island incident."

Minato:"Don't worry about it. My quirk's regenerative properties are pretty good, so I'll make a full recovery. It'll take a bit more, but there shouldn't be any problems."

Katsuki:"As long as you can fix it, then it's fine."

Minato:"Yeah. Pretty much."

After that, the boys went to bed. Before falling asleep, Minato couldn't stop thinking about what happened back then.

Minato(Thought):"How could they have developed something capable of weakening a mutation quirk like mine, without knowing about it? And how did they know about my past?"

The boy fell asleep, with questions filling his mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.9K 1.9K 48
𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝟐𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐚 𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲/𝐧'𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭-𝐜𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬/𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
228K 35.5K 92
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး
47.4K 2.7K 65
When shrivi goes home after a long time. Who doesn't have her parents' love and family's love for some reason. She had support from her grandmother...