It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 33

8.1K 750 247
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

I went looking for him and saw him standing leaning to his car. Bhaiya went back inside after passing a sweet smile to me.

Siddharth looked upset... I went to him and looked at him.  He was calm but still hurt.

" I didn't mean to hurt you, I am sorry. But you have to understand my point of view as well. Just because you cleared that misunderstanding, it doesn't mean that I would develop feelings for you. "

" You don't need to say sorry, I was wrong. I took your feelings for granted. I am sorry for reacting like that. "

" Siddharth, so many things have happened since then. We just can't start from where we stopped. "

" Hmm of course. Don't worry, I am fine. "  He said and took the driving seat.

I don't know why I felt bad to see him like that. He was looking everywhere but at me.

I wanted to accept my feelings for him but something was stopping me. The pictures... How can I ignore them??

I wanted to trust him,  his brother and Maurvi. I could see only sincerity in his eyes and feel his feelings were genuine but I had pictures that screamed something else.

Maurvi and bhaiya were coming towards us they were holding some bags. I opened the back door and I saw another shadow of emotion. I opened the door wide for them and slid into the front seat. 

He turned to look at me but I didn't.  He started the car with a faint smile.

Everyone was quiet and only the soft music was playing on the car music system.

Soon we reached New Delhi and they went to drop me first. Siddharth had not said a single word since then.  He drove me to my home and took out my bags from the car. I thanked them. Siddharth just nodded while bhaiya smiled and said that it was their pleasure to have me with them on their way back to Delhi.

Maurvi came to meet my parents while both the brothers went back to the car. My parents were glad to meet such a charming girl.

" Uncle and aunty, can you please permit her to attend my engagement after 2 days. She had become a very good friend of mine as we all stayed together at Vikram bhai's wedding. Please allow her to come and make the day much happier and memorable. " she said.

My parents were really impressed with her. They permitted me to attend her engagement.

"  Uncle, I  would go to Chandigarh on the next day of my engagement as my father is posted there as the commissioner of Chandigarh. So she can come with us as she also has to go there to join the hospital. "

" Sure beta, but I hope your parents won't mind it. " Mom said.

" Not at all aunty, they will be very glad to have her. " She said with her charming smile.

" Please do come for my engagement on time, I ... I mean, we would love to have you there. " She said and winked. I nodded and she went away after giving me a warm hug.

********

Siddharth's POV

Finally, it was the day of bhai's engagement... oh sorry, official engagement. My parents were so excited. Dad, my cousins and I  helped in loading the cars with the gifts, sweets and all the shagun stuff.  We reached the venue and went into the hall.  All the friends of Bhai had already come with their wives.

As he was the sole target of their teasing, they started giving him suggestions about honeymoon destinations. I shook my head and went to see the arrangements.

There were so many guests and I had to meet and greet them with my parents. 

Just then I saw Maurvi entering the hall with Noopur and Prachi.

She was looking beautiful and Bhai looked mesmerized to see her. I was sure that his heart was pounding frantically. Vikram Bhai teased him.

Our parents came near the stage and  Noopur came with a beautiful tray with rings on that. They exchanged the rings. His friends whistled and hooted. They again teased them a lot and as usual, Maurvi was blushing like anything.

I got busy with the guests. Just then my phone buzzed. It was Bhai... Why was he calling me??

I  picked up the phone.
" Hello, Bhai?? "  But it was Maurvi.

"  Siddharth, can you please go to the entrance of the hall. There is a guest, can you please bring her to us. " Maurvi said.

" Ok... but who is it? How would I know, whom you are talking about? " I asked.

" Just go there, you can't miss her. She doesn't know many people here. Please I can't go myself." She said.

" Ok...  " I  said and went towards the entrance. I was pleasantly surprised to see the girl, I was missing so much.

I almost ran towards her, she was looking around.

" Hi, welcome. Such a pleasant surprise. " I could not help smile like a lovesick fool. I wanted to control my emotions but could not hide my excitement.

" Maurvi invited me and she insisted a lot. Even took permission from my parents,  so I had to come. "

" I am glad you came. Thanks, and you are looking very beautiful today. I guess, I would have to borrow bhai's boxing gloves. "

" You know boxing?? "

" No !! But of course, I can throw punches to anyone who would try to flirt with you. "

" Only you are doing that. "

" Oh, I have the right to flirt with you. "

" Why?"

" You started it. " I said with a cool smile.

" Me ?? How?? When?? "  She was shocked.

"Oh, you forgot already?? How convenient !!  Let me remind you, beautiful. You were the one who asked for my matrimonial biodata. I am sure you must have been impressed by my charismatic personality. "

" Charismatic personality??  You think too highly of yourself. "

" Say whatever you want... Deny, if it gives you pleasure, but I know you angry bird. Anyways, as we have already gone on many dates, so I can flirt with you. "

" Very funny... Aren't there other pretty girls here ?? "

" There are plenty of them but I have never dated them. I am only interested in this one." I said pointing towards her

" But I am interested in meeting some nice, interesting men today." She said to tease me.

" I am the most interesting man here other than my elder brother. The rest are either married or not interesting enough. " I said looking into her eyes.

" Can we go and meet Maurvi and bhaiya?? "

" Yeah, we would but let's do something first. Come with me... "

" Where?? What do you mean let's do something?? I don't want to... "

" Put your overactive imagination to halt. Don't tempt me with such naughty ideas. As it is, I am having a tough time, staying away from you. Come with me. You will love it. " I said and caught her hand and pulled her to the chaat corner.

She looked at me and smiled. Her whole face lit up.

" Chaat?? Seriously?? You will have it too?? "

" Yeah, I am really hungry. " I said and we both started enjoying the food. The pure joy of eating her favourite street food made her look even more beautiful. "

We shared other chaats as she asked me to try them. She wanted to meet Maurvi now.

So we went towards them.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Good morning friends 😍♥️

Here is my today's update I hope you liked it please let me know.

Thanks everyone for your love and support. This book got 10 k votes. Please continue to give your love and support.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😃😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

248 23 11
A heartwarming story of two doctors who never thought that fate will bring them together. They just go with the flow and got that eternal life they n...
357K 13K 49
#29 in India #311 in friendship #5 in readers Choice # 112 in Indian story A boy and girl can't be friends.....typical indian thinking...... is it...
238K 10.5K 81
He was an arrogant, cold, ruthless, dominant, self-centered bussinessman, more precisely the one and only ceo of Singhania Industries. Ranking among...
21.8K 2.7K 21
π‘‡β„Žπ‘’ 𝑀𝑒𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑠' π‘ˆπ‘›π‘π‘™π‘Žπ‘›π‘›π‘’π‘‘ π‘Šπ‘–π‘“π‘’ : πΉπ‘Ÿπ‘œπ‘š π‘Šβ„Žπ‘–π‘‘π‘’ πΆπ‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ π‘‡π‘œ π‘Šπ‘’π‘‘π‘‘π‘–π‘›π‘” π‘π‘œπ‘Žπ‘‘ In the polished world of Delhi's elite, D...