My Werewolf Neighbours

Galing kay MissLulu004

When Melissa and her mother move into a new town, they do not expect to have such otherworldly neighbours. We... Higit pa

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 2

249 10 2
Galing kay MissLulu004

Nolan's POV

"Thanks so much, Nolan. Who knows how far Mel and I would be if it weren't for you. I mean, you carried those boxes as if they didn't weigh a ton. We would only be on our third boxes by now if it weren't for you." Anne chirped with gratitude dripping from her words as she looked at me with tired eyes.

"It was no problem, Anne. I'm glad I could help." I smiled.

"We have to repay you somehow, don't we Mel?" She referred to her daughter who's attention instantly diverted from Grace to us.

"Sorry Mom, I wasn't listening." She apologetically smiled at her mom.

"I said that you and I need to repay Nolan for helping us, right?" She repeated with a smile of amusement marring her soft features that looked just like her daughter's.

"Right. We really do," She turned to me with a smile that almost made a gasp escape from my lips as my breath hitched. Mate bonds!" Who knows how far Mom and I would be if it weren't for your help."

I lightly chuckled, scratching the back of my neck," It really isn't necessary."

"It is." Both mother and daughter simultaneously answered, looking at me as if I had grown two heads.

"Okay, how about this, we will host you for dinner this Saturday as a thank you? Is that okay?" Anne negotiated.

"Okay, that sounds like a deal." I agreed.

"Awesome, I guess we'll see you on Saturday then." Anne grinned.

My eyes drifted to my little mate's ones that seemed to avoid any eye contact that I tried to initiate," Of course," I replied, making her attention finally turn to me, before she ducked her eyes again and looked at Grace's sleeping form in her arms on her lap," I should take her home."

My little mate's eyes seemed to turn a bit darker as slight disappointment dimmed her bright eyes. Guilt instantly filled up my being at her reaction so much so that I wanted to take my words back, but in all honesty, I don't want to leave either, but with her being human, I'll have to take slow, cautious steps.

"You can feel free to come see her when we're at home." I offered to try and lift up my little mate's spirits. 

She looked up at me with hope glimmering in those dark eyes," Really?" She asked. I just couldn't find it in me to break my mate's happiness, which is probably why I let my body react before my mind did as I nodded. She immediately smiled at me with excitement," Thank you!" She beamed, making my heart swell with pride at making my mate happy and most of all, happiness.

"Anytime." I smiled.

She carefully positioned Grace in her arms before getting up and making her way to me with the sleeping child. 

She gestured for me to take her with a small smile, that I returned before taking Grace into my arms, letting her head lay in between my neck. She slightly squirmed in my arms but thanks to a bit of back rubbing, she settled back into her deep sleep.

"We'll walk you out." Anne softly smiled with a look of nostalgia in her eyes as her eyes glued onto Grace.

I gave a stiff nod in response as I turned around and followed after Anne with with my mate following me. I had to put my will and strength into taking a single step as I thought about leaving my mate behind. I just found her and I have to leave her.

My face was suddenly hit by the warm afternoon sun as I left the cool house.

"Once again, thank you for all your help, Nolan, and please remember dinner on Saturday." Anne softly pleaded.

"Of course, how could I forget a home cooked meal. I will not miss it." I assured with a smile tugging at my lips.

"You better not or I'll have Mel over to come drag you both here." She playfully threatened with squinted eyes.

"Mom!" My cute mate interjected," I will do no such thing, besides I'm sure Nolan will attend and if he doesn't then we'll have to respect that he had an important errand to run." She playfully chastised her mother, but I surely didn't miss the hint of underlying disappointment that she tried to hide under her enthusiastic tone. Nice, I have the same effect on her as she does on me, it's only fair after all.

But, I wish my little mate knew that I would never pass a minute of just being next to her. I would rather lose money than lose a chance to be with her.

"Either way, let us not hold you two any longer. The little cutie needs a comfortable bed to sleep properly," Smiled Anne," Speaking of beds, here comes the moving truck. I wondered when it would arrive." 

Turning my head, I spotted the truck as it parked behind the white, Hyundai Accent. 

"I better go, I'll see you ladies on Saturday." I smiled at them, but my attention remained fixated on my mate's squirming figure for a second longer as her eyes remained glued to the overgrown, dry, dying grass. A smile almost smirk laced my lips as I turned around and made my way back to the house. 

The moment I walked into the house, I leaned by head against the closed door as I closed my eyes to try and calm my raging wolf down. 

'Go back to mate! Go. Back. To. Mate!' My wolf, Alexander growled in rage as he tried to gain control of my body.

'We can't!' I growled at him.

'Why not?' He angrily growled back.

'Do you want to scare her and completely lose her?' I calmly asked my fuming wolf.

He growled but remained quiet, obviously understanding my warning.

I sighed and opened my eyes.

'I know you want to see her and be next to her, Bud, so do I, but we have to be careful with her. She's only human and because of that, we could lose her in a blink of an eye. She's very fragile compared to a wolf and won't understand our motives nor actions unlike a wolf would. The mate bond will be foreign to her and as such, might drive her away from us if we rush everything.' I softly explained to my brooding wolf.

'Yeah yeah. But, I still want her but I'll wait for her.' He practically whined before disappearing into the depths of my mind to brood further. 

I couldn't help the light chuckle that left my lips even though it earned me a threatening growl from my wolf. He can be a child sometimes.

'Shut up!' He snapped at me before going back to his brooding.

Deciding to listen to him before he gives me a headache, I respected his wishes and kept quiet as I made my way to Grace's room. I placed her on her blue, Moana bedding covered bed before pulling her blue fluffy, fleece on her. 

I bent down and placed a quick kiss on her forehead before smiling down at my little munchkin. 

"I love you, Princess." I smiled at her with adoration. I know that Grace is not my daughter, but she's like a daughter to me. I love her with all of me besides, she has always gotten rid off the cold, heart clenching feeling of loneliness that I would feel from not having my mate or even a companion.

I slowly and carefully made my way out of the spacious, ocean themed room and softly pulled the door closed until the door was only open by ajar. I jogged back downstairs where my laptop remained open from earlier. I slipped off my shoes and sat down on the fluffy, charcoal grey, chaise part of the couch. These are the advantages of having a baby sister who loves interior designing. She made sure that the interior of the house looked great, but it came at a slightly costly price. Thanks to our background though, it didn't dent our accounts too much.

I opened my laptop and switched it on before calling the only person I can always count on. The call rang for a while, before the familiar, smiling, messy, pitch black haired, emerald eyed and tan face of my older brother, Zane appeared.

"Hey Little Brother, miss me already?" My brother almost immediately teased as he moved the white fluffy towel that was hung around his neck to wipe something from his temple, probably a drop of water that slid from his wet hair.

"You really have a way with jokes, Bro." I sarcastically retorted with a scoff.

"You wound me, Brother," He feigned sorrow as his hand landed on his bare chest," Either way, to what do I owe this call? And how's my angel doing?" 

"She's made a new friend from next door." I tried to act nonchalant as I shrugged, but the smile that threatened to grace my face made the corners of my lips profusely twitch.

"Next door? You mean in the Brown's old home?" He raised an eyebrow questioningly as he wiped at his forehead with the towel.

"Yes, now prepare to be amazed!" I enthusiastically brushed him off, receiving a raised eyebrow in confusion.

"Okay? Shoot." He said with unsurety. 

"Well older brother, thank the Goddess because I have finally found my mate!" I couldn't help but to excitedly exclaim.

"What!" Zane exclaimed in disbelief and happiness," Congratulations, Man! I'm so happy for you!"

"Thanks." I grinned in contentment.

"So when can I meet the woman that will soon be holding my brother's heart in her palm?" He playfully snickered.

"Hahaha, very funny!" I feigned laughing with a roll of my eyes," I don't know, probably when you get back, but I have to warn you, she's human so..." I paused, letting him absorb everything.

"Oh, that won't be a problem, but it will be tough for you. A human mate is always a bit more challenging than a werewolf one in the beginning." He absent-mindedly replied while his features showed that he was in deep thought.

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Genius." I sarcastically grinned, clapping my hands.

"You're welcome," He winked at me, making me scoff at his response," But, I have no doubt it will work out for you, Little Bro. You deserve happiness."

"So do you." I responded with a pointed look as I raised my eyebrow.

"Sure." He brushed me off with a small smile.

I almost growled at him, but I settled for a sigh instead. 

Zane was a playboy from his early years of high school until he accidently impregnated his college girlfriend of that time after his birthday party one drunken night. A few weeks after his birthday, his girlfriend told him that he was pregnant and told him that she was going to abort the pup, because she had found her mate and would not take extra baggage as a child into her new relationship, but Zane refused so they struck a deal. All I can say is, it's safe to say that having Grace changed Zane forever, but it was more for the best than the worst. It woke Zane up and he hasn't been in a relationship, not even a one-night stand one since Grace was born. Grace became his priority and because of her, he led the family company as he was meant to. 

But he has felt unworthy of having a mate since Grace was born. Not because he rejects Grace, but more because he regrets his player ways.

"You know, Grace and I have been invited over for supper on Saturday." I changed the topic at the glimpse of the familiar forlorn look on Zane's face.

He seemed to snap out of his thoughts as he weakly smiled at me," Really? You two will be going, right?"

"Of course," I grinned at him," I wish you could come with so you can meet her." 

"I do too, but work awaits. I doubt I'll be back before next week." He tiredly sighed, raking his hand through his most likely damp hair. 

My eyes spotted the familiar circles under his eyes instantly making a bitter taste fill my mouth as my mood turned sour with concern.

"You haven't been resting." I meekly stated.

"I have a lot of work to do." He plainly responded as his head looked around his hotel room," Speaking of which, I gotta go. The work won't do itself. We'll talk later, take care, Little Brother and tell Grace that Daddy loves her."

With that, my screen went blank.

I had to restrain myself from throwing the laptop across the room as a growl threatened to rumble from my chest.

This is the problem with us wolves. The longer we stay without mates, we practically start going mad from loneliness. Others either suffocate themselves with work or alcohol to cope with the loneliness while others even resort to worse measures. From what Zane has told me is that the pain starts like an ache in your chest, like a flame that threatens to engulf your being from your chest to the rest of your being, until it feels like insanity is about to engulf your mind. With every passing day, it feels worse according to him. By luck, I have never felt such pain.

The reason to this is because, unlike my brother, I have never bedded a woman. He has so the bond is punishing him for betraying the bond by bedding not only one, but many other women. If he had remained a virgin, then it would not have begun its torture. Yes, it is said that if you remain without a mate for too long, the feeling of loneliness is what drives many to madness especially because of our long lifespans of hundreds of years. 

But, all I hope for is for my brother to find his mate soon. Someone who will be very forgiving towards him and his actions. Someone who will soothe all that guilt that consumes him everyday. And someone who will love him and will help him heal.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

3.4K 185 11
Andrew is a beta werewolf who has just turned 18. Now he can find his mate. Caroline is a sweet girl who has been crushing on Andrew since she was ol...
466 14 33
Hope you guys give this story a chance Title of the book is called The Howl of the hybrid   Grace Rebecca little has unique Howls. like no other...
598K 23K 40
Rely only on yourself. This is the rule Ren, an eighteen-year-old werewolf, lives by. Since the early age of ten she has only one goal on her mind;...
818 4 22
What happens, when someone is left with a broken heart, then someone comes and fills in the pieces with his love? Well, it's hard to explain. Espical...