Creepin' Shadows

By KYNDIOR

Book #5 of the Love & Trauma series. More

CREEPIN SHADOWS
𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
epilogue

32

1.8K 257 40
By KYNDIOR

Shantey was the young girl that dreamt of her father being grimy and some drug addict because it helped her wrap her mind around the fact her father left out of of her life. But after decades and to be bombarded with a well groomed man that happens to be her father, it was worse for her than it being the opposite of what she expected.

Golden tan skin tone and shiny jet black hair that was cut neat and curly and he had height on him. The living room was awkwardly quiet with Tae sitting ahead of Calea and her father, Pedro Peña. Shantey invited the two inside, woke up her husband, and decided to leave the three downstairs to clean herself off and shower while getting her mind in order to face her father.

"So," Tae cleared his throat. "Would y'all like som' to drink? I know it's hella early. But..."

Calea and Pedro respectfully declined.

"Cool, cool."

Tae clasped his hands together, nodding and looking off to the side. He begged mentally for his wife to hurry up to kill the awkwardness.

Then Tae had a question for Calea. "Did you know she was your sister when I met you for her birthday?"

"No. I've always known about Shantey but I didn't know it was her party." Calea explained, "Anicia, I've known her since I got in the entertainment industry, DJing. I only knew it was her party when I seen you there because I knew you were her husband."

Creases formed between his eyebrows in confusion. "So why not tell her that night? You could've came out and told her you her sister."

"Half-sister." Shantey appeared fresh out the shower and in a Tuff Crowd sweatsuit with her damp hair. She took a seat on the armrest of the couch her husband sat on. He leaned over and rested his body on her.

"My husband asked an excellent question," Shantey wrapped her arm around Tae's shoulder. "Why didn't you tell me that night?"

"I don't know. I-I guess I was scared." Calea admits, "I didn't know how to tell you that I'm your baby sister by our father. It just sounded unfair because you didn't get the chance to have him in your life. But I did."

"I'm not that petty that I would be upset that he was in your life and not mine. That's not your fault." Shantey's gaze looked at Pedro, "It's his."

Tae felt the tension rise coming from his wife and rubbed her knee gently to remind her to stay sane. Shantey actually listened, breathing in and let out the brewing attitude. "I just want to know, Pedro, why now? Do you need money? Are you dying? If you do, just let me know now because I'm used to a parent using me."

"I can assure you that I'm very well off, bebita. I don't need your money." Pedro's silky and full voice told her, and it makes Shantey stare at his appearance and everything costs over a thousand dollars. It has her wondering what Pedro does for a living to afford it.

"Okay, so, what do you want?" Shantey wondered.

"A relationship with you, and my grandchildren nietos, too."

Shantey laughed. "Excuse me if I'm not all open to you just coming into my life unexpectedly and my children life, you say, but you can't even explain to me why you wasn't in my life. I mean, you well off, right? How long have you been this well off and your daughter was in a city struggling?"

"I think we should let these two talk alone," Tae said gesturing to Calea.

"Definitely." Calea agreed, "I'll take you up on that drink."

Tae kissed his wife's forehead before he leads Calea to the kitchen so Shantey and Pedro could talk alone.

"I could've and should've been there for you–"

"Ya think?" Shantey cut in.

"I was there til you were two years old," Pedro start to explain. "I actually was in love with your mother. But your mother was in love with the drama and herself. I was gonna take you. I tried to take you. But your mother wouldn't allow me. She threatened me. And I had a choice to make: I could walk away and take care of you from afar, or I could kill your mother. Why kind of father would I have been to take your mother away from you?"

"My own personally God." Shantey answered quickly, "I would've had a way better life if she was dead."

"And you wouldn't have had any of this," Pedro motioned around. "Your life was hard. But you wouldn't have been who you are now. The toughest battles are given to the strongest. That's you. You wouldn't have your sister's. You wouldn't met your husband. You wouldn't have your kids."

Shantey eyed the family photo hanging on the wall that was taken while she was pregnant with Azoni. She happened to sigh, lowering her guard. "You could be right. But, it would have been great to know you, to have you in my life. You know, Daddy issues is real. And went through that. I still suffer from that. I mean, what could Tania have threatened you with that bad that it kept you away, or had you choosing between leaving and killing her?"

"Well, bebita," Pedro inhaled deeply and the movement of his sleeve exposed a tattoo on his left hand. It was a shaded spade tattoo with a P inside of it. "The career that I have is one that I don't expose, or one that I don't need to be exposed by somebody else."

"What are you, some crime boss or something?" Shantey chuckled, until Pedro's face never changed. Her grin dropped at the realization. "Ohh, so, you really are some—"

"I'm just a man that is wealthy." Pedro cut in with a smile. "I just want to have a relationship with my only other daughter on this earth and beautiful kids that are my grandchildren. I'm not in this to break your heart any further."

Shantey sighed heavily. "How about you start with your grandkids? This...parent thing is pretty new to me and feels kinda weird."

Pedro nodded. "I understand."

"Momma!" A door closing followed and Romeo went in and found his mother quickly and hugged her immediately. He picked her up from the seat as Shantey smiled.

"Hi baby!" Shantey embraced in return. She pulled back and was planted on her feet. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"It's nothing, Momma. You home." Romeo kissed her forehead and felt another presence in the room that he bypassed. His gaze fell on the Panamanian male as he stood. "My apologies. I didn't know you were in the middle of a conversation. Romeo."

"Pedro." He greeted and shook the young man's hand.

Romeo glanced at the tattoo on his hand. "Dope tat. Spade and a P. I been thinking bout a tattoo lately."

Shantey narrowed her eyes at Romeo and he instantly says, "Put not right now, Momma. Be cool."

"Mmhm." Shantey hummed.

"So, Pedro, you a friend of Dads?" Romeo asked.

"No. This is my father. Your...Grandfather." Shantey informed.

"Grandfather?" Romeo was taken aback, "Wow. You nothing like Tania, right? My mom's been through enough with a screwed up parent."

"I can assure you that I'm not." Pedro let him know. "I just want a relationship with my daughter and you and the other kids. You're my only Grandchildren and I've missed out on your lives long enough."

"If my Momma don't have a problem with it, I'm open."

Pedro was grateful. "Thank you. Could I meet the other kids?"

"Me too?" Calea asked, returning with Tae. She stood beside her father and he stood between Romeo and Shantey.

"Uhm, sure. Two are in Jersey with their father. Romeo, you want to show them upstairs."

"Fasho. Come on, Grandpop." Romeo smiled and he felt a sense of happiness that he could use the word since he never gotten the chance to. "Momma didn't tell you that you a Great Grandpop?"

"Great Grandpop?"

"Yeah, I gotta baby on the way with my girlfriend Lorelei. Let me tell you about that..." Romeo's words continued on as they walked off.

Shantey breathed out as her husband turned her to him. Tae took her face into a gentle hold and analyzed the light bruising on certain areas of her face. "I'm still pissed off bout yo face."

"I'm not because I got exactly what I wanted." Shantey smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist, "That bitches badge."

"She got fired?"

"Tucker made sure of it." She rubbed her hands along his back, "Now can you kiss me?"

Tae grinned, bending over slightly, and kissing her lips. He pecked her full, juicy lips a few times until it turned into a full blown make out session. His hands roamed her body and pulled her in closer.

Shantey built the strength to pull away, remembering guests were on the second floor of the mansion. "Babe..." She giggled softly and wiped his mouth with her thumbs, "We have guests."

"And unfinished business." Tae squeezed her ass through her sweatpants and chuckled with her.

Hearing giggles approach, the married couple stared towards the hall and Pedro came in with Seona on his shoulders. "So, my granddaughter loves me already."

"And he loves me," Calea squealed as she held Azoni. "I hope don't mind. He was awake when Romeo showed us around."

"And I changed him. So he good." Romeo said.

"I was wondering, if I could take them out later." Pedro wondered, "Romeo suggested some kid-friendly places."

"Think it's a great time to spend time with new parts of our family." Romeo said, "I can bring Lorelei."

Shantey felt it was all moving to fast for her. "Uhm... how about he takes you guys and Lorelei? I just want to rest for today. You know, after everything."

"No, of course. I get it." Pedro understood.

"I'll make sure to have Seona ready. I think Azoni should stay."

"So we'll come back, eleven?" Calea asked, looking to Romeo to see if that time was fine.

"Cool with me."

Calea handed Azoni to his mother as Pedro planted Seona's feet on the floor. "I'll see you in a little bit."

Seona nodded and rushed over to her mother, hugging her leg.

"I'll walk y'all out." Romeo offered.

Shantey gave the two a small wave, then they left.

Shantey kissed Azoni on his face, taking in his baby scent. "Hi, tooka booka! I miss you."

Seona looked up at her mother. "Me?"

Shantey peered down at Seona. "Yes, I missed you, princess."

"Lemme take them and you call Dave." Tae mentioned as he took Azoni from her, "The boys coming home tomorrow. But y'all need to make sure y'all straight. So go ahead."

Shantey groaned inwardly as her husband and kids walked away. Since her phone was completely dead she had to use her MacBook to video call. Shantey took a seat on the couch, listening to the line trill before it connected.

"Waddup, Stink?" His full and gruff tone spoke from the laptops speakers and one of his children resting on his chest.

Shantey made a face. "Don't call me that."

Dave chuckled, and examined the bruises on her face. "The fuck wrong witcha face B?"

"Oh that." Shantey glanced at herself in the camera, "Just a little scuffle with a Detective. I'm good."

"Did you at least pinch the bitch?" Dave joked, making her laugh, then winced at the pain in her cheek.

"Ow! Don't make me laugh. My cheekbone hurt."

"So what up, Ledé? Y'know I heard bout the shit goin' on. I had mad dm's of the story."

"I'm not being charged. It was just a angry sister looking for somebody that murdered her brother. I'm good. So don't try playing with me about the boys. I don't wanna have to punch ya ass."

Dave laughed. "Ain't nobody finna be fuckin' around. They gone be there tonight, dun."

"Good." Shantey yawned, "Where they are now?"

"Dipped some where wit Momma real quick."

"Just have em call me later. Who's laying on you?"

"Kobi. My li'l Koko."

"Aww, look at her." Shantey cooed. "All right, have them call me."

"Word."

Shantey shuts the laptop and placed it on the table, then head upstairs where she found Tae trying to do Seona's hair. She yawned and chuckled. "What are you doing, Mr. Booker?"

"Tryna do her hair so you can rest. Why you not doing that anyway?"

"You know I'm not going to be able to sleep knowing you fucked up her head. Move it." Shantey shooed her husband away making him chuckle. She took his place, standing behind the LedéLuxe high chair Seona sat in. She started doing her curly tresses while Seona watched her iPad.

"What do you want to do for your birthday?" Shantey asked as she lathered leave-in conditioner into Seona's dark hair.

Groaning as he sat down, Tae shrugged. "I ain't worried bout it honestly. I got too much shit to handle."

"Not worried about it?" She repeated parting Seona's hair in sections, "You're turning thirty-five, babe. That's a milestone. You near forty."

Tae chuckled, narrowing his eyes at his wife. "You tryna be funny?"

"Nah... old man."

Seona giggled with her mother. "Old. Old."

"Don't let yo motha hype you up." Tae gave Seona a playful warning, "But nah, I'm really not fuckin' wit my birthday baby. We can do a dinner or something at the house; me, you, and the kids. I don't wanna do too much."

"Booorriinngg," Shantey says in a singsong voice near Seona's ear.

"I know what you can gimme."

Shantey looked at her husband. "Whats that?"

With Seona being in the room, Tae glanced down at his lap, thrusting his hips up, and jumping his brows up and down. Shantey realized what he was referring to quickly and chuckled as she start placing ponytails in the back of Seona's head for beads.

"That's mandatory," She said, tossing him a wink.

"What bout a gift?"

"Of course I'll give you gifts."

"Not those kind of gifts." Tae stood up, moving behind her and wrapping his arms around her waist as she beaded the end of Seona's ponytails. "One more kid. Another girl."

"Oh bullshit." Shantey retorted immediately, "I just had Azoni."

"We can get it over wit. Don't you want a baby sister Seona?"

Seona made the same frown as her mother. "No."

"And the girl has spoken!" Shantey laughed, "Conversation over."

"You posed to be on my side Buttercup." Tae said.

"No, sissy." Seona wagged her finger at her father, "No."

"Y'all got me fucked up," Tae chuckled as he sent a hard smack to Shantey's ass.

"Ow! You..." Shantey tried to kick him but he jogged away, "fucker."

Tae leaves Seona's room and lastly hollered, "Team Another Baby!"

"Team Tubal Ligation!" Shantey shouted.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99K 3.1K 33
it's not all teenage drama anymore. BOOK ONE: FOSTERED BOOK TWO: HAPPY ENDINGS DONT EXISIT BOOK THREE: THE WAKE UP BOOK FOUR: THE MR AND MRS
9.6K 1.3K 47
Part five of the CERTAIN DARK THINGS series.
33.4K 4.2K 38
BOOK #7 || De'Aundre Booker balancing life in modern day society after years in prison.
58.1K 3.7K 199
Sequel to "It's Not Rape If You Like It".