Creepin' Shadows

By KYNDIOR

Book #5 of the Love & Trauma series. More

CREEPIN SHADOWS
𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
epilogue

31

1.6K 265 57
By KYNDIOR

"The video that surfaced of Shantey Ledé coming out of the man's house wasn't her planning the alleged murder of her sister's baby father, it's actually become a cheating scandal. Her team released a statement earlier today confirming the story to be true since she wasn't able to confirm about it herself due to her being held in Tulsa County Jail—" The radio turned off abruptly at the key coming out the ignition of the Dodge Hellcat and he climbed out and shut the door behind his tall and slender build.

Walking towards the door of massive household, the sun beams on tanned skin and his red Balenciaga Sneakers connects with the outsides pavement until the soles touches the marble floor of the foyer. He rolled up the sleeves of his Amiri long sleeve bone tee as he walked through the quiet house and went upstairs. "Pop!?"

Romeo walked the upstairs hallway. "Pop!?"

Tae came out the nursery, finishing up a phone call. "I just finally got Azoni to sleep. What's up?"

"What's up is the fact I had to find out Momma in jail for murder by the radio. What's going on?"

Azoni started to cry down the hall and Tae sighed out of exhaustion. It's only been one day since his wife's been away and dealing with the kids was all on him. The cooking, the dressing, the getting them up for school and picking them up, all while tending to his businesses. Azoni wouldn't sleep at all with his mother's presence away.

Romeo followed his father's footsteps to the nursery. He watched him pick up his baby brother and soothing his cries. "He haven't been able to sleep?"

"Not unless I hold 'em." Tae responds as he cradled Azoni.

Romeo sighed and sat down. "So, what's going on? She actually cheated with the dude. So why she not outta jail? She's still in there."

"Tucker there. He handling it." Tae said to dismiss the conversation.

"Tucker there and he handling it." Romeo repeated with a quick chuckle, "Pop, I got the right to know.

Tae exhaled sharply. "Romeo, I love you son, but right now, I don't need the smart ass mouth right now. I'm already dealing with making sure Dave following thru wit getting Cruz and Ameer back tomorrow night without tryna play games since Shantey not here. Tucker got it and so will I when I go out there. Heather gonna come over here til I get back."

"I get you dealing with a lot," Romeo said. "But this have a affect on us too. She our mother. If they not letting her out after the story was confirmed she was cheating that night, then they aren't. She could be in there for years."

"I get yo worry. But all I want you to worry about is graduating and Lorelei." Noticing Azoni was sleep, he laid the infant in his bed and careful not to wake him. "How is Lorelei anyway?"

"Hungry, throwing up all over the place. She good though. She went back to work today."

"I know the smell of all that food can trigger the nausea. I'll make sure to help accommodate her especially in the first trimester."

Romeo let out a half chuckle, worry weighing heavy on his mind. "You'll tell me if Momma in serious trouble right?"

Tae looked at the expression on Romeo's face and sighed. "If it turns into something serious, I will tell you."

Soon, Romeo was gone and Tae spoke on the phone with Tucker.

"Why she not out yet?" Tae questioned about his wife.

"The judge here is playing hard ball." The wind could be heard on Tuckers end as he stood outside the courthouse. "He's not caring about Donovan admitting they were messing around. He's holding her in there for some bogus charge years ago."

"A bogus charge about what? Shantey ain't been there since she was basically a kid."

"I tried to discuss a bail. But he's not doing that either."

Tae groaned. "Listen to me, Tucker, my son's are coming back from Jersey tomorrow night and I want my wife here. I need you to do whatever it takes to bring my wife home. Whatever it fucking takes Tucker."

Tae hung up on the attorney quickly just as someone buzzed the front security gate. He checked the camera on his phone and seen a familiar car so he pressed the button to let it in. Soon he was opening the door for Victor.

Tae dapped Victor. "Sup, Vic. How's Sunni and Anissa?"

"Good. Sunni's tryna keep Anissa's stress level down with everything that's going on. We thought cheating idea would get her released."

"I guess it wasn't good enough." Tae stressfully exhaled with his hands wiping down his face. "The judge there don't fuck wit her. He holding her there for some old ass warrant. I'm outta shit to do. Cause what I wanna do will get me locked up. Then who gon' look out for our kids?"

"You're a father willing to do whatever it takes. And I get it. I understand it." Victor voiced, "Shantey's apart of my family now. I plan to do anything to get her home. I can have her home by tomorrow morning."

Tae's eyebrows furrowed instantly. "How?"

"Just know I can make it happen." Victor promised.

Even though Victor didn't say much, Tae felt if anybody could make it happen, Victor could. He achieved helping De with parole and getting Toby out of prison early than he should've. Victor had the means and connections to make anything happen for his family.

Over a thousand miles away from California, Shantey was in a jail cell alone in the jail-provided jumpsuit with her hair messily hanging down. She hasn't slept since being taken into custody. She rather be home with her family. But instead she was in a cold cell and sitting on a hard cot.

Shantey could feel breastmilk pooling throughout her breasts and just so happened to peer down, and there were wet spots on the top. "Shit," she cursed under her breath and stood from the thin bed. She removed the top and plain white bra she was given and reached in the clear basket for the extra white top in there.

Hearing giggling behind her, Shantey turned around to the cell bars with her breastmilk filled breasts on display and connected eyes with Keaz's sister. Shantey scoffed and slipped on the white T-shirt as Caitlyn says, "Wow. It's very satisfying seeing you exactly where you should be."

"Where? In the county jail for something I didn't do? You sounding real White America, Caitlyn."

"A credible witness says this exactly where you need to be. Just because you didn't pull the trigger doesn't mean you're any less guilty."

"Oh, you talking about the witness that knows the gun, the vehicle, and when and where it happened?" Shantey smirked as she walked up to the jail cell bars. "Sounds to me like you have the murderer, Detective. You just wanna play with me. You and this city. I'll make sure my rich ass sue."

"Sue?" Caitlyn laughed, "What are you gonna sue for? Us keeping the mastermind behind of the murder of an innocent man behind bars?"

Shantey cackled. "Innocent? Is that really what you think your brotha was Caitlyn? An innocent man? Girl bye. He was far from innocent. His mother and kids feared him. My sister was manipulated and scared of your brotha that beat the fuck out of her every chance he got. But he innocent. Whoever killed your brotha I applaud them because they done what was right taking that bitch off this earth."

Shantey could see how her comment has Caitlyn heating in anger. She decided to keep going and use it to her advantage. "Yo brotha was a disgrace to this planet. You should be glad he dead, honestly. You think he would've survived in prison? A man that beats women and his mother? Please. He would've been dead the next night. Or he would've been somebody's bitch."

In a quick flash, Caitlyn's anger got the best of her, and she pulled Shantey by her shirt and hit her head on the bar. Shantey stumbled back with pain striking her head and she smiled. This what she wanted.

Shantey's smile taunted Caitlyn making her unlock the jail cell and rush in. Even in the small space Shantey dodging the Caitlyn punches were tossing, until she overheard other officer's racing in their direction. Shantey stopped dodging on purpose to let Caitlyn's punches connect to her.

By time other officer's ran in, Caitlyn was on top of Shantey and throwing her last punch before an officer pulled her off and an other helped Shantey up. With a bloody mouth, Shantey says, "Yo' career mine bitch."

Caitlyn was out of her sight when Shantey spit blood on the concrete floor. "I hope y'all locking her up."

"Shut up," the officer moved her out of the cell, "Today's your lucky day. You're getting out."

That was news to Shantey, because she actually thought the judge would find something to keep her in there for years. The city she was born and raised in done nothing but tear her down and would go to the bottom to do so.

But another thing was on her mind. "So you telling me I let that bitch beat me up for nothing?"

The officer chuckled under his breath and cuffed her.

It took a while for Shantey to process out. But when she did she was in the same outfit she was flew there in and walked to the front by a officer. The first face she seen was Tucker's. He smiled, but it dropped at the sight of her face that bruised quickly.

"What the fuck did y'all do, punch a confession out of her?" Tucker questioned as soon as she reached him.

"Caitlyn got a little upset." Shantey smiles as she was getting the handcuffs removed from her wrists and massaged them when they were in front of her. "Don't worry."

Tucker's brows jumped up. "Don't worry? Do you not know who your husband is, or do you just think I'm being funny?"

At a short distance, Shantey could see Caitlyn. She smirked and winked at the detective.

"Let's go Tucker."

"This not the last y'all when hear from me. And you tell that Detective, this will be her last day in the force."

With that Tucker and Shantey leaves the county jail and into the his rental vehicle.

"How did you do it?" Shantey wondered. "I know you great at your career. But I know that judge and he literally hate me. He would've done anything he could to keep me in there and sent off to the worst prison."

"I honestly, I don't either, Shantey." Tucker admits, "I gotta call from his secretary to come in. I found it weird with it being late but I went and he told me you'll be released today at this time. All I seen was a flash drive he wouldn't let outta his sight. Whatever was on that scared him straight. You must really know somebody in a high place."

Shantey was confused, yet thankful. "Not where I come from."

"Well, it got you out. You wanna go to hotel, wash up?"

"Hell no. I want to go home. I'll wash up in my own shower."

Shantey was flown home late at night. She was glad to see her Woodland Hills with her family. Tucker stopped outside the gate about to press the button but Shantey stop them.

"I'll press in the code. I don't wanna wake them." Shantey got out, "Thank you Tucker."

"Any time. We're family now."

Shantey nodded and cut the door. Tucker pulled off and typed in the code to walk through the gate. Before she could walk in, she heard her name and it made her turn around.

The person crossing the street to approach her made her frown in confusion. "You were the DJ for my birthday party and my brother's wedding. What the fuck are you? Some type of stalker?"

"No," Calea answered instantly. "I know that this looks weird."

"Yeah. It's six in the morning, and you across the street from my fucking house." Shantey went off.

"I-It's not what you think—"

"So what the fuck is it?" Shantey interrupted. "Cause the last bitch that done this put me in jail for a murder I had nothing to do with. You Keaz sister too?"

"No... I'm your sister." Calea revealed getting a pause out of Shantey, "And... our father wanted to meet you."

The sound of a door shutting turned Shantey's eyes to it and to the male climbing out.

Her father. . . .

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Calea (DJ CallieP) being Shantey's sister? Her father coming out of nowhere?

Sorry about the wait.
I had to get back into the groove.

— KYN ❤️‍🔥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 3.7K 199
Sequel to "It's Not Rape If You Like It".
21K 474 72
This is book 2 of the Adele series! So if you haven't already read "After the Pain" I suggest you do that!
207K 21.8K 50
Book #4 of the Love & Trauma series || 𝗦𝗣𝗜𝗡𝗢𝗙𝗙 to "Threes Company" Toby is fresh out of prison and ready to relive his second chance out in mo...
2.5K 202 200
Read to find out. fifth book.