The Managers Assistant

By imonteith

A story of a 21 year old who just wants to make it in the business, however not to become facing by acting bu... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
UPDATING/ EDITING

THIRTY EIGHT

308 13 4
By imonteith

"I'm sorry did you just say Daisy" said Carter who was shocked to here his daughters name being called.

"Yup, I did"

Everyone turned to look at Daisy who was completely shocked at this announcement.

Daisy looked over at Ethan who just got up from the table and left the room followed by Maggie.

Daisy then looked over at Spencer "but I didn't even sign up, how is that fair?"

"Daisy... you brang Robert Downy Jr. back to the agency, why wouldn't you want to become a manager" Spencer got up "congratulations Daisy" he said "we'll talk tomorrow on where your office will be" he then left the room.

Cameron looked around the table then got up "I'll go check up on Ethan" he said leaving the room

Shortly after Cameron left, Debby and Heather also left the room leaving Daisy and her father alone.

"Well... congratulations" he said turning towards her.

Daisy sighed putting her head in her hands.

"It's alright Daisy" her father said as he gently tapped her shoulder "Ethan will get over it, this is all apart of business" he said before getting up from his chair and leaving the room.

After a couple minutes to herself Daisy finally got out of the meeting room and headed towards the office that she shared with Maggie and Ethan.

As soon as she walked in Ethan avoided all eye contact with her. "Ethan" Daisy said softly "I seriously had no idea this was going to happen"

Ethan scoffed "mhmm, yeah sure you didn't"

"I seriously didn't, I was helping you the entire week, I didn't even get interviewed you know that"

"Exactly" Ethan said finally looking Daisy in the eyes "you didn't get interviewed, you didn't even try but do you know why you got the manager spot?"

Daisy shrugged "I don't know, why?"

"Because your Carter Stevens daughter"

"What?" Daisy shook her head confused "that has nothing to do with it"

"Oh please, just like how Kyra is an actress who by the way used her fathers fame to make her way up, you're doing the same thing"

Daisy was a bit shocked at what she was hearing "I hope you know Spencer doesn't like Mr. Stevens, so why would be hire, me his daughter as a new manager"

"It's not about not liking" Ethan said crossing his arms "Carter is the most well respected managers in the business, but hey keep the family business going I guess"

"Ethan, you're not being fair- I"

"Daisy!" Cameron interrupted her "give him some time"

Daisy nodded before grabbing her things and heading out the building, making her way home.

Daisy walked into her home, immediately slumping on the couch next to Natalie.

"What's up with you?" asked her roommate.

"I got the manager spot.."

"What! That's amazing" she said clapping her hands excited "but wait, I thought you didn't sign up"

"I didn't, Spencer just picked me because I got Robert back"

"Yes! I'm so happy for you... now you and Charlie"

Daisy shook her head "I'm not accepting it"

"What, why not?!"

"Because Ethan worked hard for it, it's not fair"

"You're too nice" Natalie said "he'll get used to it"

"Why does everyone keep saying that" Daisy said "and what if he doesn't"

"Then that's his problem" Natalie said before the two heard a knock at the door.

Daisy picked up a pillow and put it on her lap while Natalie went to answer the door.

When Natalie came back she wasn't alone, Charlie was with her and as Daisy looked up at him before looking back down.

"What's wrong with her?" Charlie asked Natalie

"She got the manager job at the agency"

"What!" Charlie said and Daisy could hear the excitement in his voice. "I can't believe you lied to me and said you weren't going to take it" he said sitting next to her on the couch wrapping his arms around her.

"Charlie, I didn't sign up for it"

"It's alright, doesn't matter, I'm proud of you babe" he said giving her a soft kiss.

"I really wish I would accept it but I can't"

"Why not?" Charlie asked with a pout then nodded just by looking at Daisy's eyes "Ethan right?"

Daisy nodded

Charlie ran a hand through his hair nodding once more "I understand, you can do whatever you want babe"

"Thank you" she said before looking at Charlie "you look tired, long day at work?"

Charlie nodded "been training for that big fight scene and that I'm shooting tomorrow"

"Oh right, Heather did say she wants to come for that so hopefully I can come along to see you"

"Awesome, I would love to see you there" Charlie said

"Ugh, you guys  are gross" Natalie said as she left the living room.

***

The next morning Daisy woke up bright and early making her way to the agency, and going into Spencer's office.

"Spencer, I can't take this job" she said sitting on the chair in front of his desk.

"This is about Ethan isn't it?"

"Yes, it's about him"

"More reasons, why I want you to become a manager"

Daisy shook her head "I'm not that experienced... if I have been working here for at-least 7 months then maybe I would consider it but I haven't"

"Fine, when your 7 month period hits in a couple months we'll talk again"

Daisy nodded "fine"

"Great, now I gotta ask this"

"Go for it" Daisy said

"Does Heather talk about me?"

"You?" Daisy shook her head "no why would she talk about you?"

"Just wondering" Spencer shrugged

Daisy's eyes went wide "the guy Heather talked about! It's you"

"What?" Spencer raised an eyebrow

"Never mind..." Daisy said "so you and Heather are like close huh?"

"Somewhat"

Daisy smiled "would of never guessed" she then got up "I'll go see if Heather needs anything"

Spencer nodded "mhmm, you go do that"

Daisy chuckled shaking her head as she left the office  all this time while finding the guy Heather likes in the office, turns out it was the CEO, Daisy was shocked to say the least.

She was so excited to hear about it though, but wondered if Heather would even say anything.

As Daisy walked to Heathers office she was stopped by Ethan in the hallway "I'm sorry, about yesterday" he said

She shook her head "it's okay... I would've been mad too"

"You deserve it, and I'm happy for you"

"I declined the offer"

"What?"

"I couldn't do that to you"

"You're kidding, right?"

Daisy shook her head "nope, hopefully you hear from Spencer soon"

Ethan smiled and pulled Daisy into a hug "this is why you're my best friend, thank you"

"You deserve it, Ethan"

As Ethan pulled away he looked at Daisy "also sorry about the rude things I said about you and your dad"

"Already forgotten about it" she said with a smile

"Good" Ethan said returning the smile.

Daisy looked at the time on her phone, almost time before going to the set of 'My brother' to watch Charlie film she thought to herself.

"I have to go to Heather, but I'll talk to you later alright?"

"Of course" Ethan said before walking away.

Soon enough Daisy reached Heathers office and knocked lightly before entering finding Heather on the phone.

"What!" Heather yelled at the person on the phone "what do you mean! How!"

Daisy could see how stressed Heather is just by her face, whatever the news is must be really big.

"Okay, I'm coming right now, yes okay" heather sighed before hanging up and stuffing her phone into her purse before looking at Daisy.

"Go get your stuff, we're leaving"

Daisy nodded "okay, she said before quickly grabbing her stuff from her desk and meeting Heather at the elevators.

Once they stepped into the elevators Daisy turned to Heather "where are we going?"

"To the set of "my brother"" Heather said texting aggressively on her phone.

'Great, I get to see Charlie' Daisy smiled and thought to herself "cool" she said out loud before asking "but you sounded mad on the phone, anything bad happen?"

"Yes" Heather said finally looking Daisy in the eye "Charlie got hurt while filming the fight scene and now is in who knows what condition"

"What." Daisy said suddenly forgetting how to breathe and not knowing how to react in this moment.

AN// from now on this book will look like an actual Charlie book meaning he's mentioned way more, in a lot of the scenes and a lot of development with him and Daisy! I hope ya'll liked this chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 261 45
**Unedited** "She can't come to the phone right now. I'll be happy to take a message for you." My blood runs cold. "Where is she? What have you done...
628 58 17
What if Julie knew the guys before they died? What if she loved them long before they were ghosts? ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
7.5K 367 16
" I think I like you " - First " I only like him " - Ja 8 men enter the reality dating show PARADISE to find their true loved ones. With a mix of...
30.6K 1.2K 36
In a world filled with superhumans, the powerless charlie cycle struggles to keep his life together. It only gets worse when on his way home hes pul...