It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 31

8.8K 774 248
By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth's POV

"   Yeah, tell him why did you slap me ?? What was I doing?? "  I asked her she glared at me.

" I am waiting, Shruti " Bhai said. 

" Nothing... Sir. "

" Bhaiya !!! "

" Yeah!!! Nothing.... bhaiya."

" You slapped him for nothing?? Why ?? "  Bhai asked a bit seriously. She seemed to be a bit tensed and worried.

"  Tell him... Bhai never leaves the person who lays even a finger on me. "  I said and she gulped.

" Come on... I am waiting. " Bhai said.

" Let it be Bhai...  She won't do it again. Would you Shruti?? " I asked and she shook her head.

" What ?? Why?? You must do it again. I would love to watch it. He is a confirmed idiot, I permit you. You can slap him if he hurts you. Or you can even tell me, I will punch him for you. "  Bhai said with a smile.

She smiled and looked at me with a smirk.

" Bhai see. I told her to come with me to Chandigarh, what is the use of going alone if we both are going to the same place? "

" He is right, you must go with him. I insist that you go with him only. "

" Ji... "

" Good girl !!!  Sid, I am hungry, I think we must take a break and have something to eat now. "

" Yeah, I am hungry too. " I said. He checked and we stopped at a nice and spacious multi-cuisine eating joint. Bhai waked her up by kissing her head and shaking her gently.

I looked at Shruti, she was blushing.  What is wrong with her?? Why had she started blushing so much?? Tomato's effect on her as well ??

She started walking away from the car, I followed her.

" This seems to be a nice place. " She said.

" Hmmm," I said and saw Bhai and Maurvi coming towards us.

We all went in and it had a self-service system so I asked everyone what they wanted but they all said to get what I wanted.  So I went to order while three of them chatted.

I remembered how she used to love eating street food. So I looked at the options.

I ordered different things for us, spicy and tangy samosa chaat and bhajia for my angry bird and some hot and fresh vanilla croissants for me.

Stuffed Parantha, grilled cheese sandwiches and fries for Bhai and Maurvi and ordered both coffee and ginger tea.

Bhai came to help me to get everything to our table.

The moment I kept her chaat and pakoras in front of her, a cute smile came on her face and she looked at me as if she got nostalgic to see them.

I just winked and smiled back. She looked at the food again and was still smiling. I looked at Bhai and Maurvi. They were looking at both of us with interest. Maurvi raised one of her eyebrows, I just smiled.

We all started eating, everything was very nice.  Maurvi tried chaat with Shruti and enjoyed it a lot. She insisted us to try them and thanked me for ordering them. Bhai ordered more of it.

Girls !! And their love for tangy chaats. Almost everyone loves them. 

Shruti's POV

Once we were almost full, I asked, " Does anyone need anything else??" Siddharth asked.

" No!! We don't want to spoil the aftermath of the chaat." Maurvi said and looked at me and I nodded and smiled.

We both came out to click the pictures while the brothers stayed inside to buy some snacks to munch on, some cold drinks and a few bottles of water.

Maurvi saw a few local shops and asked me to come, She wanted to get some more  Rajasthani stuff for her wedding.

Men came to see what we were doing. Bhaiya and Maurvi got busy in shopping and I was standing aside. Siddharth came to stand near me. 

" Don't you want anything?? "  He asked.

" No !! "  I said and shook my head.

" Ok, then let's go there. Bhai, we are going there, do you want me to keep that stuff in the car?? "

" Yes, please take them, I am sure I would have to carry more. " He said with a smile. Siddharth took those packets and we went to keep them in the car.

I  was feeling something very weird about him. I wanted to be with him still was afraid of being cheated.

What if... Isha was right??

Don't think so much...

I was getting pulled to him as if I was made up of iron and he was the most powerful magnet in the world.  

I was feeling good from within since Maurvi tried to clear the misunderstanding.

I misunderstood him and behaved so badly hence was feeling sorry.  But didn't know how to accept it. I wanted to cry in his arms.

I opened the back door of the car and again slid into the back seat. He looked hurt. I felt bad but I don't know why I was still avoiding sitting with him.

Maybe I was scared of my own feelings. I knew I had feelings for him but I don't know why I  just couldn't accept them.

He tried to start a conversation many times, but I gave monosyllabic answers.

Bhaiya came towards the driving seat and asked for the car keys.

Maurvi was about to come and sit with me but bhaiya caught her hand.

" Sit with me, tomato. Don't  you know, I want you to sit beside me or I will keep looking in the back mirror. "

" No ways!! I don't want to die so young. "

" Yeah !! We haven't even got married yet. I don't want to die before that. " They were saying, both of them were really cute. 

Oh, God!! Does that mean Siddharth was going to sit beside me ??

Siddharth's POV

Bhai came and asked for the car keys. I was surprised as I knew he wanted to sit with his love.

He winked at me and ruffled my hair.
" Go, sit at the back seat " Bhai whispered, I smiled.

He asked Maurvi to sit beside him so I opened the door and sat beside her.

Bhai started the car and Maurvi started the music. She seemed to enjoy old songs and gazals.

Though I liked western music more for a change, I liked the very soft but old romantic songs she played on her phone.

Shruti seemed to enjoy them too. She closed her eyes and placed her head against the car window and slept. Bhai had to apply breaks all of a sudden. And her head bumped against the glass.

I pulled her towards me and placed her head on my shoulder. It felt so good to be holding her like that. She was so small and soft.

Her skin had an even healthy tone. Her eyelashes were very long and thick. She didn't need any mascara to highlight them, she had beautiful eyes, a cute nose as a button and very plump, pink and kissable lips.

I was really tempted to kiss them. I had spent many hours thinking about how would they feel against mine. I looked away from her as I didn't want to lose my sanity.  But I loved to have her sitting so close to me. I placed my head against hers and closed my eyes.

I opened my eyes  I saw that it was lunchtime and bhai had already stopped the car.  I looked around and saw that both Bhai and Maurvi were looking at us with amused expressions.

I wondered why and then realised that Shruti was snuggled against me as if I was her favourite pillow or a giant teddy bear.

I smiled and shook my head. They both smiled as well.

" Sorry, to disturb your cosy moments but I think we must have our lunch here as there would be no other good eating joint on this road for at least 45 minutes. "  Bhai said.

" Yeah,  ok !! " I said and they got out of the car saying that they were going inside to place the order and we can take our own sweet time and come in later. Food would be served by then.

I was loving the way she was leaning against me and I couldn't control my urge to kiss her cheek at least, so I pecked her cheek. I felt really good but had to wake her up so I patted her on her arm.

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Good morning friends ☀️😊

Here is my today's update, I hope you liked it, please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Friends  I need you to support me on  book net as well. Please follow me there too. Then you will be able to buy my all  books there.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😃😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.7K 597 8
Vikram Singh Rathore is very good looking, arrogant and a perfectionist. He is a cardiologist. But his own heart starts giving trouble to him, on...
35.7K 3.3K 45
The last thing Avi, scratch that not even the last thing Avi would want to be tutored by anyone let alone by school's bad boy . He follows her around...
248 23 11
A heartwarming story of two doctors who never thought that fate will bring them together. They just go with the flow and got that eternal life they n...
357K 13K 49
#29 in India #311 in friendship #5 in readers Choice # 112 in Indian story A boy and girl can't be friends.....typical indian thinking...... is it...