Letters To You // Eyeless Jac...

By dabillicit

She always wanted to write letters to strangers. She wanted them to be old fashioned, like those messages in... More

Note
Letters//01
CafΓ©//02
Sunday//03
Radio Stations//04
Mayhem//05
Petrichor//06
Demure//07
Library//08
Plethora//09
Pristine//10
Renaissance//11
Caeruleum//12
Eyes//13
Rite//14
Lambs//15
Braille//16
Visions//17
Lassitude//18
Medusa//19
Tryst//20
Eloquence//21
Scintilla//22
Liberation//23
Ouch//24
Wounds//25
Connection//26
Cubism//27
Memories//28
Bloom//29
Holidays//30
Desire//31
January//32
Talk//33
Daisies//34
Masterpiece//36
S.H.C//37
Pressure//38
Cigarettes//39
Time//40
3:13AM,love//41
Leisure//42
Circles//43
Imbroglio//44
Solivagant//45
Ink//46
Charnel//47
Disquieting//48
Death//49
Paix//50
Comely//51
Bucolic//52
Incipient//53
Destination//54
To You//55
Thank you!

Threads//35

6.5K 314 409
By dabillicit

Thread: A long, thin strand of cotton, nylon, or other fibers used in sewing or weaving.
—————————————————————

(Y/N) watched the brown haired boy sprawled on her couch. His eye sockets were focused on the TV in front of him, a random soap opera playing on the screen. The girl had just put her lunch in the oven and could finally sit down. That is, if Jack didn't take up all the space on the couch.

Not wanting to speak, she just stared in hopes that he would take the hint and move a little bit, but to no avail.

"Stop staring." Jack spoke, making her snap her gaze to the TV.

"Could you move a little, I'd like to sit down."

She watched as he slowly raised his arm in the air and then pointed towards the chairs.

Smartass.

Rolling her eyes, she made her way towards him. Grabbing him by the legs, (Y/N) lifted them in the air and sat down. She let go of his legs and they fell on her own, making her sigh in annoyance.

"Your legs are heavy, move them away."

He didn't respond, instead he just continued to watch the soap opera. The girl tried to focus on whatever was happening on the screen but the weight on her thighs made her thoughts wander in different places. She wasn't uncomfortable, it wasn't the first time someone laid across her legs like that – her friends do it all the time. With Jack it was different however.

See, they might have known each other for almost three months now, but (Y/N) still felt as if she was suffocating when she'd remember who and what Jack is.

Of course she minded the fact that he killed people. It wasn't something you could just accept. (Y/N) was aware that he killed to survive, but she couldn't help and wonder if there could be a substitute for that – like stealing from hospitals maybe.

The crush she had on the boy wasn't allowing her to think rationally which was a pain. Everything about her emotions towards Jack was frustrating.

When I said I wanted my love life to be like a fanfiction, I didn't mean this.

Too absorbed in her own thoughts, (Y/N) failed to notice the same man she was thinking about now staring at her. Jack found it humorous how embarrassed she was. She might be good enough to hide her embarrassment on the outside, but his hearing provided him enough insight on how she was really feeling.

Her heartbeat was as rapid as the songs they'd play in those night clubs Jack would hear from time to time while passing by. Her body temperature was a little hotter than usual as well.

Jack would explain her behavior as a normal reaction to touch. He thought that every human reacted like that when it came to contact of two bodies. He didn't know much about emotions of regular people, if he had, he probably would have known that the girl reciprocated his feelings.

Smiling slightly as he watched her chew on her lower lip, he moved his legs from her thighs and sat up.

"What are you so nervous for, huh?" he asked her in a teasing tone. The facial expression of shock she showed as she turned her head towards him was priceless. She looked at him as if he had told her something unnerving.

"How- What makes you think that I'm nervous?"

(Y/N) tried to remain as calm as possible, knowing that if she spoke weirdly or made weird movements she'd be screwed. He would definitely bore through her head with questions.

"Your heartbeat is quite loud."

My fucking what now?

The girl could only look at him, silently begging for an elaboration. If her brain wasn't full by now, it definitely must be cracking her skull this time.

"I have advanced senses sunshine. I can hear almost everything. The nearer to me it is, the more I hear."

Man... Can I have anything in this house?

"Oh. You never told me that."

She noticed the sly smile plastered on his face, knowing that he was feeling smug with all the teasing. Oliver does the same thing all the time, the only exception being that Oliver was her sibling at this point – Jack was not. 

"So, why are you nervous?"

As if the timing couldn't be better, (Y/N)'s alarm went off, signaling that her lunch is done. Quickly getting up, she walked up to her oven and took the dish out. Thinking about what she could even say at this point, she scanned the room for any ideas to get herself out of this situation. Her eyes landed on the TV at last, noticing the people on the screen.

Perfect.

"I have a crush on that actor. That's it, if you really must know."

She didn't notice Jack's smile dropping and his head turning to the screen, she was busy pouring her food in a plate. She also couldn't feel the slight shift in Jack's demeanor – jealousy.

Sitting down by the table, ready to eat, (Y/N) tried not to pay attention on the man who intensely stared at the screen now. Thinking that he had just decided to drop the subject, she began eating and would occasionally throw glances at the TV.

Her patience with everything was hanging by a thread. For the first time in a while she couldn't wait to return to work and her college. The girl was convinced that spending less time with Jack would make her feelings disappear.

(Y/N)'s thoughts were interrupted by the channel switching to a random one that played music. Looking over at Jack in confusion, she shook her head as a "Why?" question, not being able to speak due to the food she was chewing.

"I don't like the show."

Swallowing her food now, she spoke – "But you watched two episodes in a row while I was making food."

"And? That doesn't mean anything." He said, in a rather harsh tone.

Ok.

After the second round of the broth she made, (Y/N) took the pot from the counter and put it in her fridge. The fridge was almost empty now, which was nice to see - it meant she cooked quite a lot instead of ordering junk food all the time.

The empty fridge was a perfect excuse for her to leave the apartment and clear her head. Fresh air was much needed, and so was a little time out from Jack.

Putting on her headphones, she turned on one of the podcasts she listened to and headed out. It was cold outside, but the sun still peaked over the clouds from time to time. Her eyes were focused on the sceneries of her town while she carefully listened to the two men in the podcast speak.

"So what do you think about that kidney killer? Do you think they're going to make a horror movie on him any time soon?"

"Aah, who knows. Even if they do, I'm sure it would probably suck. Been a while since a good horror movie was produced."

Here too? Come on.

Her jaw was clenched as she heard them talk about Jack. However, she didn't bother turning off the podcast – she treated it as a random murderer she had no idea about.

Finishing with her shopping, the girl headed back home rather tired. All that walking through the store and calculating the prices had her brain completely fried.

Nearing her apartment, she mentally prepared to be in Jack's presence again – praying that he won't talk much with her.
She was surprised to see her apartment empty, Jack nowhere to be found. Dropping her bags on the counter she looked around in confusion.

Weird, he didn't tell me he'd leave soon.

Taking off her coat and gloves, she arranged her groceries and fell down on the couch, turning on the TV. It was weird without Jack's presence all of a sudden, but (Y/N) knew that it was very much needed.

Whatever, he probably had the kidneys delivered to him. He'll be back in a couple of days.

—————————————————————
Hi everyone! This chapter is a little rushed because I genuinely forgot that I said I was gonna update this Friday,,, It's very late also, it was a hectic day so I apologize for the delay.
That's about it from me, hope you enjoy and remember to take care of yourselves!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

47.4K 1.5K 37
You- [Name] are a streamer. Not a twitch streamer, a dark web streamer. You stream yourself catching pedo's online. Not only catching them, but meeti...
104K 3K 29
Completed book Thank you all for the support and positive comments! ❀ ~ In a flash of a second the stranger, who offered me these roses, shot throug...
779K 15.2K 44
Because psycho murderers would make great parents, don't ya think?! This isn't just for a female reader, but He/She. Here are the Creepypastas I've w...
52.8K 1.9K 27
(Y/n) was just your average, everyday young adult who loved to read books, take walks, and enjoy the beautiful scenery that the woods just beyond her...