It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 28

8.5K 791 256
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

I turned to see Siddharth, he removed his hand from my mouth but was still pulling me away from everyone.

" What the hell do you think you are doing? "

" Stealing some moments for us, so that we can clear the misunderstanding. It has been overdue for so long. "

" But this is not the way... "

" I can't wait anymore... I have waited for years. " He said.

I was touched by what he said.

" Ok, say whatever you want. "  I said.

" Thanks a lot... It was not the way it looked like.  Do you remember the day, when I asked you to come out for coffee for the first time? "

" Hmmm, I do... "

" My friends knew that I liked you. So they insisted to me that I must ask you out and pushed me in your way. I asked you but you... said all that. My friends were nearby and they heard it. They were annoyed at what you said, because I was not like that and they said that you should not have said all those things. I gave them reasons .......... " And he told me everything that happened that day.

" But why did you get ready for the bet?? Don't you think it is so humiliating to be bet upon?? "

" I didn't, I thought that he said it in a fit of anger. Sometimes people say a few things in the heat of the moment, though they don't mean them. So I thought he was just angry,  I just tried to cool them off and wanted to let them feel that I was not at all affected by your words. I just never agreed to have that bet. I just told them - ok, calm down!! Let's go somewhere and enjoy.- I swear, we never talked about it again. I forgot what he said, that day only. I didn't even think about it, I didn't even remember it. "

" Then why did he say all that and gave you money?? "

" Because they did not know about us. Only Parth was aware of the fact that we were dating. He knew I liked you a lot.  But Mayank didn't know anything..."

" You are defending your friend, Mayank. "

"  No, I am not. Whatever he said was wrong. I had a very hot argument with him after you left. Parth and I made him understand that what he said and did was wrong. We asked him that how would he feel if someone bet like this on his sister?? He realised it later and was embarrassed as hell.  He apologized to me and said that he wanted to apologise to you as well. He was feeling very bad but you were so angry that you didn't want to hear anything. "

" He could have talked to me. "

" I told him not to, after your brother saw us and he hit you, I was concerned that he might do it again. I wanted to break his hand for hitting you but I didn't want you to face the music later on and he was your brother, things would have worsened. It was better that I stayed away at that time.  You topped that term. I wanted you to fulfil your dreams. "  He said looking into my eyes which screamed his sincerity.

I looked away...

Oh God !!! A

" Ok, fine... Let's go back. What would everyone think about us? "

" They all are engrossed in themselves and busy in teasing the newlyweds. "

" I should be with Vidhi, she is upset and didn't you just see that thick wall of tension between Vidhi and Shubh??   "

" I wanted to punch him on Holi. "

" But why ?? He seems to be a nice man. Simple, sober man... "

" What is so nice about him ?? Always glaring at me. Sadiyal  saala."

" Of course, he seems to have feelings for Vidhi and you were flirting with her. "

"  I was not... I was just playing Holi with her. It is not the same thing. "

" Just playing Holi !! Could you not see that he was looking hurt. "

" Why are you so concerned about him?? Don't tell me you like him?? "

" Of course, I like him. He is very decent and ... "

" Unfriendly,  Boring, grumpy, irritating...I don't like him... He has hurt Vidhi. I want to punch that idiot."

" Sweet, traditional, reserved... "

" Enough !!  Don't you dare!!!  He is decent and what am I ? Indecent?? When did I become indecent?? "

" Not indecent but you keep flirting with girls."

" I don't ... I am just friendly. When did you see me flirting? "

" On Holi... You were. "

" No !!! "

" Ok, let's clear a few things today. "

" Fine !!  "  I said and left her hand.

" So who was the girl, who came running to you at Holi party?? She looked scared, what happened that day ?"

" She was Maurvi's younger sister, she was going to look for bhai as someone tried to misbehave with Maurvi. I would have killed him,  how dare he do that to my sister?? "

" Oh God !! That must have been terrible?? "

" Yes, but she is fine now. My brother took very good care of her.

" Ok, So, now I know that she is like a sister to you, but what about her sister?? "

" Obviously she is like an even younger sister. Are you jealous of her too?? "

" Jealous??  You think too highly of yourself. "

" Hold your horses, angry bird, she is already engaged to her boyfriend. "

" What about Vidhi?? "

" Oh God!! She is just my friend... also more like a sister. She likes Shubh, don't you know?? "

" I know about her, I was asking about your feelings."

" My feelings?? You don't know about my feelings?? "

" Be serious!! "

" I have feelings for you seriously or you can say that I have serious feelings for you. "

" No feelings for Vidhi?? " She asked again looking into my eyes.

" Oh God !!! No romantic feelings for Vidhi, Maurvi, Noopur or anyone else. Only for you. " He said and grinned.

" Why are you smiling like that?? "

"  You know, I think you are like my brother. " He said, grinning.

" How?? "

" He keeps a rakhi handy with him. Whenever he doubted,  Someone was interested in Maurvi or vice versa, he would ask her to tie a rakhi on his hand. You want me to get a rakhi tied by all the girls around me? " I said and started laughing.

" Very funny !! Let's go..."

" No, stay we need to talk... I have been waiting to talk to you for years. I missed you. Never get angry with me again. Trust me, I have feelings only for you. " He said but I was still not cent per cent convinced. What about Dr Isha??

" You wanted to tell me all this, I heard you... I accept that maybe, I misunderstood. But let's go back. If you don't want to go, stay here, I am going. I said and started going away but he caught my hand.

" What is this? Leave my hand immediately. "

" How can I leave the hand on which my name is written?? " He said with a grin plastered on his handsome face.

" What?? Are you nuts?? "

" No, I am not... I will show you my name in your hand. " He pulled my hand to bring me closer to him and started looking at my hand for a minute to find it out.

" Good try...  Now leave it. " I said with a smile.

"  I am not kidding... Stand still for a minute. "

" How will you find it when it is not there. Stop wasting time."

" What if I show you my name?? "

" Not possible."

" No, tell me... What will you do? "

" What do you want me to do?? "

" Be mine, forever... "

"You are crazy!! "  I said and shook my head.

" Yes, Only about you. Now don't move to distract me. Let me find my name."

He pulled me in his arms and tightened an arm around me and caught my hand closer to his face.

He was seriously looking for his name?? Why was he doing it?

💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞💞

Good morning friends 🌸🥰

Here is my today's update I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Please follow my account on book net. I need your support there.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😃😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 88.9K 59
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
550 98 11
🌸🥂 This story is all about Love, comedy, drama and maybe some emotional too ig, but there's not a second lead. Yash is type of a playboy, and flir...
243K 10.7K 81
He was an arrogant, cold, ruthless, dominant, self-centered bussinessman, more precisely the one and only ceo of Singhania Industries. Ranking among...
18.8K 597 8
Vikram Singh Rathore is very good looking, arrogant and a perfectionist. He is a cardiologist. But his own heart starts giving trouble to him, on...