Lost At Sea Rewritten || (BTS...

By trashburger

The Kingdom of Sayaria is on an island surrounded by ocean for miles. And mermaids are meant to protect those... More

1 - Birthday
2 - Taken
3 - Tired
4 - Thoris Harbor
5 - Conflicted
6 - Family
7 - Grief
8 - Ghost
9 - The Lost Kingdom
10 - Answers
Delay (A/N)
11 - Prince Jimin
12- In Plain Sight
13 - The Forest
14 - Fire
15 - Feelings
16 - Brothers
18 - Strange Happenings
19 - Guilt
20 - Traitors
21 - Hope
22 - Surrender
23 - Lies
24 - Home
25 - Proposition
26 - Arrival
27 - Connection
28 - Danger
29 - Seafoam
30 - Broken
31 - Loyalty
32 - Deep Blue
33 - Celebration
(A/N)
Taehyung Ending - Forgiveness
Yoongi Ending - Restored
Jimin Ending - A Real Proposal
Jungkook Ending - Cursed
Hoseok Ending - Kindness
Years Like No Other Year 2 Published!

17 - The Isle of Dragons

592 45 31
By trashburger

You and Seokjin ran.

You both ignored your injuries and exhaustion from before, knowing that if you slowed down, it would really be over.

The other creatures on the island ran with you. Seokjin stuck close to you and you felt as though the other creatures were running faster. No, you were running slower. Seokjin was still close to you and you knew that if you slowed down, he would too, then he would also be killed by the dragon. 

You noticed creatures that were once behind you speed past. You nudged Seokjin as you ran and pointed to the creatures. He nodded, understanding what you were implying. The two of you leaped onto the same creature, it ignored you, not caring enough to get you off of it and it carried you. You noticed that it was flying with cloud-like wings. You noticed it had scales and a long tail. It resembled the larger dragon except it was more grey and less on fire.

Is this another dragon? But it's so small.

You held on to the shoulders of the four-legged creature. Seokjin sat behind you, his body pressed up against your back with his arms wrapped around your waist. The creature carried you to a cliff, you peered over into the water below, noticing a huge ripple in the water as a new creature emerged. 

The dragon you were riding flew straight up to avoid the creature in the water, causing you to lose your grip on its shoulders and you and Seokjin fell. You both screamed crashing into the ground. You squeezed your eyes shot The fall was a lot softer than you expected, then you opened your eyes and noticed that you had fallen on top of Seokjin.

"Are you okay?" You questioned, quickly picking yourself up off of him.

"I'm fine," He replied coldly as if he hadn't been holding you moments before, getting off the ground as well.

Then you noticed a looming presence over you. You turned to look out at the edge of the cliff only to be met with the face of the other creature who had submerged out of the water.

Another dragon.

It resembled the one that looked like it was made of lava, except it looked like deep blue flowing water. And its eyes beamed a bright blue. You could even see what looked like fish swimming inside the dragon.

Seokjin, noticing the presence of the dragon as well, grabbed your shoulders and you both started walking backward staring up at the dragon in fear. The water dragon stared at the both of you as you stumbled over Seokjin's feet causing both of you to fall. 

You heard the scream of the other dragon, but this time it was louder. The water dragon looked at the other dragon, as did you and Seokjin. You and Seokjin stared in awe at the massive beasts in front of you. You couldn't tell whether you were feeling his pulse throbbing with fear or your own. 

The two dragons stared at each other intensely before the lava dragon turned back in the direction where it came from and the water dragon submerged itself under the water. You could feel your hands shaking, stunned at how well that ended.

"Y/N?" Seokjin spoke up.

You looked at him, staying silent. You could tell he was concerned and you couldn't help but throw your arms around his neck. He was stunned for a moment before returning the hug by wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Who are you?" a new voice cut in.

After noticing the arrival of a new presence Seokjin immediately placed his hands on your shoulders and yanked you away from him. You didn't know how long you stayed hugging him but you noticed that the sun was beginning to set as a stranger approached you.

A young boy, who looked around the age of eleven walked towards you. You could tell he was scared, children are bad at hiding emotions, but he stood bravely, holding a small wooden dagger out attempting to intimidate you.

Seokjin stood, smiling kindly at the kid. You hadn't seen him smile at you like that since you made your promise to him. You stood as well, brushing the dust off of your clothes. It didn't help much though, seeing as you had met face to face with dirt for a while.

"The name is Seokjin," he replied bowing courteously to the boy. The boy lowered his dagger for a moment, letting his guard down, confused by Seokjin's response, "And this is Y/N."

"Wh-what are you doing here?" the boy questioned, raising his dagger once again.

"We came in search of dragons," you spoke up.

The boy looked at Jungkook's sword at your side then at you, knowing that you could reach for it at any moment and attack him. You noticed it and took the sword out of the scabbard and tossed it to the ground, putting your hands up by your head to show him you didn't mean any harm.

"Do you think you could help us?" you continued.

"Okay..." the boy trailed off staring at the sword on the ground, "Only if I can keep that until I can trust you."

You bit your lip, hesitating. Jungkook had trusted you with that sword, were you really just going to surrender it to a stranger?

"Go ahead," Seokjin stated before you could speak. 

Your eyes shot in his direction, glaring into him. He didn't even acknowledge your hard stare, instead, he just smirked, watching the boy grab the sword off the ground. 

"Jerk," you muttered under your breath, lowering your hands.

Seokjin chuckled, you assumed he heard you but you didn't care.

"Come with me," the boy said as he started walking further into the jungle, dragging the edge of the sword against the ground because of how short he was.

As you traveled you noticed that the boy was rather thin and he was also covered in dirt. His skin was deeply tanned and his hair was curled and messy. His ragged clothes were covered in dirt and he was barefoot as well.

"So, what's your name?" Seokjin asked the boy.

"Oh!" He began, "Sorry, it's Romeo."

"It's nice to meet you, Romeo."

"Where are your parents?" you questioned.

"They're at home making dinner."

"Why are you out here alone? Isn't it dangerous?" you asked.

"Not really," Romeo shrugged, "Things like that always happen, but I'm surprised that there wasn't a wildfire or a flood this time."

You and Seokjin glanced at each other, both confused at how nonchalant his response was. Romeo led you to a small hut, sheltered by the overhang of the jungle leaves. Outside the hut was a middle-aged woman that resembled Romeo. She was hanging up wet laundry on a clothesline to dry when Romeo called out to her rushing to her side and dropping Jungkook's sword on the ground.

"Ma! Look!" He exclaimed, "I brought friends!"

His mother glanced over her shoulder her eyes widening in shock. She turned fully to you and Seokjin. She was so stunned that she had dropped one of the pieces of clothes, letting it fall on the ground.

"W-who are these people?" she questioned Romeo.

"That's Seokjin," Romeo responded pointing to him, "And the pretty lady is Y/N."

You blushed, embarrassed by his compliment and Seokjin scoffed. You rolled your eyes at his reaction then approached Romeo's mother to greet her.

"It's nice to meet you," you said, holding out your hand. She hesitated for a moment before shaking your hand briefly.

"What are you doing here?" she asked.

"We came to find dragons," Seokjin piped up, "Though, I guess we've kind of already done that."

"You saw the dragons? As in, face to face?" she was even more confused now.

"Yeah? Romeo said that those things happen often, I figured you would have seen them, no?" you replied.

Romeo's mom shook her head intensely.

"We've never seen the water or the fire dragon," she stated, "We've only ever faced the aftermath of what their presence brings."

You and Seokjin glanced at each other again before she continued.

"I'm surprised you two are still alive... unless..." she trailed off looking to the side.

"Ma! Don't say that! You might scare off my new friends!"

Friends?

You'd hardly call threatening and stealing from your grounds for a proper friendship. Then again, what would you know about having friends?

"Friends?" the gruff voice of a man interjected. You all turned to see the man carrying a few limp rabbits in his hand, "I suppose I should have brought home more food."

"Pa!" Romeo beamed, running over to his father.

His father chuckled as he set the two rabbits on a tree stump before being dragged by Romeo over to you and Seokjin.

♡◇♡◇♡

Seokjin had his injuries checked on by Romeo's parents and they patched him up. You insisted that you were fine and when Seokjin searched you for injuries he was visibly shocked but didn't say anything.

That evening Romeo insisted on playing games with you. Together, you played tag, hide and seek, hopscotch, and many other childish games. Despite maturing out of them, the games he had you play were fun because of his bright personality.

Seokjin had been conversing with Romeo's parents the whole time by a fire pit that had dinner cooking on it. You tried to make out what they were saying but Romeo was talking over them so you couldn't hear much. Once dinner was made the family offered you Seokjin a rabbit to share but Seokjin insisted that you had it for yourself. You were grateful to the family but annoyed at Seokjin. He was such a confusing man and it was getting on your nerves.

"Alright, I suppose it's time to head in for the night," Romeo's mother said after seeing Romeo yawn.

"What!? No! I want to play with Y/N more!" He whined.

"Maybe tomorrow, son," his father replied, gently patting him on the head before turning to his wife, "Penelope would you put Romeo to bed?"

"Of course dear," she said, grabbing Romeo's hand and heading to their hut.

"Night Seokjin!" Romeo called as he was being dragged away, "Goodnight Y/N!"

You waved before Romeo's father headed to a small storage closet not far from their hut and came back with a tent and a knapsack with tools to set it up and a few blankets and pillows. You and Seokjin went to help him set up the tent and shortly after finishing Romeo's dad left.

You and Seokjin both crawled into the tent. It was a few square feet smaller than the tents at the camp but it was enough space for you both to move around in. It was still as tall as the ones at camp so at least you could stand up fully.

You both laid at either end of the tent, a small lantern illuminated the inside. You tucked yourself into bed and grabbed a book that you managed to fit into your back and began reading. Meanwhile, Seokjin was reading over scrolls and maps that he had brought with him. 

"Oh shoot," you groaned, leaning your head back as you remembered that you left Jungkook's sword with Romeo, "I forgot about Jungkook's sword."

"Of course you did," Seokjin scoffed from the other side of the room, "I knew you didn't care that much about him."

"Why? Because I forgot about a sword?" you questioned now agitated at his remark as you turned to look at him.

"A sword that means a lot to him,"

"A sword that only means a lot to him because of a charm!" you exclaimed, "If it weren't for today I'd think you hated me,"

"I do hate you,"

"Is that why you kept going out of your way to protect me?" you were feeling bold, maybe it was because you escaped death earlier the same day, or because you were hardly intimidating by Seokjin despite his coldness.

"What are you on about?" he questioned, matting his eyebrows as he turned to look at you.

"Have you already forgotten? You were all touchy-feely with me, you know, holding my hand, and my waist, even letting me hug you," you remarked smirking at him.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he replied turning back to his scrolls.

"Do I need to jog your memory?" you asked innocently. 

You crawled over to him and reached for his hand grabbing it tightly. You had no idea what had come over you. Maybe it was the fact that you wanted him to feel the ride of emotions you felt daily by acting differently towards him. Instead of being kind one second and cold the next, you would feign kindness one second and act flirtatiously shortly after. You weren't particularly good at flirting, but you had picked up a few things from your brother as well as Jimin.

"What are you doing?" he tried pulling away from your grasp but you just held on to his hand tighter.

"Exactly what you did to me," you said playfully.

You wanted to cringe at the nonsense you had been spewing. You probably looked like an absolute fool, but you wanted to get a better reaction out of him after everything he'd put you through.

"And then..." you started, plucking the scroll out of his grasp with your free hand, "You did this."

You grabbed his other hand and turned with your back facing him then leaned against his chest. You wrapped his arms around your waist, mimicking the way he held you previously. He didn't object or try to pull away, but he stayed completely still.

What in the world are you doing Y/N!? You're a princess, father would never let you hear the end of this if he found out.

But your father wasn't here. No one was here to interrupt or chastise you for behaving the way you were. You were free to do as you pleased.

Suddenly you felt Seokjin pull you in closer. You felt your heart leap up into your chest. He maneuvered you in a way so that you were sprawled out in the center of the tent and he was hovering over top of you. He removed his arms from your waist and pinned your wrists to the ground.

You could feel the heat from his breath hit your skin as he glared at you. He was close.

Too close.

You had been close with other men before, in a platonic sense. When you were younger and had nightmares you often asked Taehyung or your brother to sleep alongside you. And you had come to Jimin for comfort not long ago either.

But there was something about the way Seokjin stared into you hungrily that made your heart thump out of your chest. His eyes somehow looked darker than before and a devilish smirk was plastered on his face.

You were stunned, and even if you could move you didn't know that you wanted to. He leaned down to your neck and loosened his grip on your wrists.

"Don't mess with things you don't understand," he murmured against your neck before pulling away and going back to his side of the room, "Go to sleep."

You didn't sleep at all that night. After Seokjin had turned off the lantern and fallen asleep you stayed up. Thinking about what had happened. Your heart was beating way faster than it should have and you could still feel the heat from his grip on your wrists.

You placed your hand on his neck where his lips brushed against your skin, shivering at the memory. You kept sneaking glances at him, hoping that he was doing the same but he was fast asleep.

The next morning you were deprived of sleep but somehow energized. Both you and Seokjin decided not to bring up the events of the previous night. You were able to retrieve Jungkook's sword from Romeo because he still was sleeping.

"Makao will show you around the island and tell you everything you need to know," Penelope said, motioning towards Romeo's father.

"Thank you," you replied gratefully.

"It's my pleasure dear," Penelope chimed before turning to Seokjin, "May I speak with you for a moment."

"Of course," He replied, before being led off by Penelope. Watched him leave expecting to glance back at you but he didn't.

"Do you have feelings for him?" Makao's voice cut through your thoughts.

"What? No!" you exclaimed turning away as your cheeks flushed.

"You can't fool me, young lady," he reprimanded, "I've seen that look all too many times before,"

"I don't have feelings for Seokjin," you stated, crossing your arms sternly, "He's a coldhearted jerk that plays with my emotions."

"Then were you imagining him as someone else?" He questioned.

Several names popped up in your head. But you shook the thought of them away.

"No, I don't have feelings for anyone," you reiterated glancing to the side at the ground.

"Right," he said skeptically.

Shortly after Seokjin and Penelope returned and you went on your way with Makao. As you trekked through the forest you were unbothered by the creatures that dwelled in the shadows of the foliage. You couldn't even hear them make noise.

"Penelope has already informed me of your goal, ask me any questions you like and I'll be sure to answer them as best I can," Makao stated, leading the way through the jungle, cutting thick vines in his path with a machete.

"What exactly is the story behind the dragons?" You asked.

"Well, there are six different kinds of dragons that are formed by different elements. The two most dangerous are the water and fire dragons. There is only one of their kind and we tend to refer to them as the Salamander and the Extinguisher." He stated.

"Those are... some interesting names..." Seokjin said.

"Well referring to them as the water and fire dragon tends to confuse Romeo so we made up those names." Makao continued, "The Extinguisher is the more peaceful of the two, only revealing itself when the Salamander poses a threat to it.

But, however dangerous they may be, they're an integral part of the island, they bring balance."

"Balance? How so?" You questioned.

"When the other creatures' population on the island grows too much, the Salamander gets rid of them, causing wildfires. Then the Extinguisher gets rid of the wildfires by flooding the island. This happens once every year so my family and I are usually prepared for it."

"And what about the other four dragons?" Seokjin spoke up.

"Ah, yes. As I said, dragons are formed from the elements. So, there are air and earth dragons. The air dragons are very quick and agile while the earth dragons are stronger and more durable. They're around the size of horses and their population is much larger than the water and fire dragons. You might have encountered them already, they're not hard to find.

As for the last two, they're formed from shadows and stars. I've never seen a shadow dragon myself, however, if you look close enough you may find a celestial dragon. They're very small and tend to blend in with fireflies and their population is greater than the earth and air dragons."

"Do you know if there's a way to tame them?" You asked.

"Not to my knowledge..." Makao trailed off, "However, taking the air and earth dragons should be a breeze, and if you find the celestial and shadow dragons you shouldn't have much trouble taming them either. The difficulty lies with the water and fire dragons."

You and Seokjin glanced at each other for a moment as he spoke.

"They're not as merciful as the other four. I'm surprised you even survived seeing one face to face. But perhaps it was a sign that you two were meant to tame them. I'd call it fate."

Fate.

Yours was sealed, no matter what. All because of a silly prophecy.

"Do you know where we could find the dragons?"

"Well, they tend to stay where their element is. The fire dragon hides in the volcano, the water dragon will be in the ocean, the air dragons will stay in the clouds, etcetera. I recommend you start with the earth dragons. They'll be easiest to find and catch."

Makao paused and turned to you. "This is as far as I can take you, I wish you good luck."

Makao turned, leaving you and Seokjin to your own devices. The two of you kept traveling through the forest, in search of the earth dragons. Then you came to a realization and turned to Seokjin.

"You don't think those rock things were the earth dragons do you?" You questioned him with concern.

"That's exactly what I think," he replied, "Come on woman, keep up."

He passed you and you glared at him as you followed.

Woman? Is that all I am to him?

♡◇♡◇♡

Hello!

I did a little bit of editing on some of the old chapters because I was rereading them and there were some continuity errors and just grammatical mistakes that I wanted to fix.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

How do you feel about Seokjin? Also, what are your thoughts on Romeo and his family?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

510K 46.2K 61
》Imagine being saved by a gorgeous guy. You almost drowned were panicking and all that stuff...《 》Alright continue.《 》And you stare at him and say 'H...
5.6K 387 14
[Book 3] "If you want her come and take her"- park jimin. "I will drown you and kill you in the same water where you born"- jeon jungkook. -_-_-_-_...
2.5M 124K 60
Jungkook x reader Humans are below sirens just like dogs are below humans. I belonged to him. READ: Warning! This can contain mature and triggering c...
104K 2K 87
95.000+ words 📝 You are joining your boyfriend, Taehyung, on a tropical vacation to help him, Jimin, and Jungkook with a promotional gig. As you arr...