Lady Invincible

By zardelia

"Please, Hilise. Please die in place of Gabrielle." My always dignified brother begged me for the first time... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
ANNOUNCEMENT
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 67 (2)
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 78 (2)
Chapter 80
Announcement!
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 79

1.3K 42 1
By zardelia

'Father, is it true that Chris and I broke up?'

On the day of the Amelia's party, Gabriel immediately ran into Diego's room and asked if Christian's words were true as soon as she returned to Inoaden.

'No, it's all a lie, isn't it? I can't believe he broke up with me without realizing that it's ridiculous!'

Diego crumpled his face at Gabriel, who had sporadic hair and burst into the room.

'Who said that to you?'

'Chris, who else would?'

Diego choked up when he heard the name from Gabriel's mouth.

(He...! How could he do this to my daughter!)

(I'm sure that a broken marriage would never happen, and you just threatened Gabriele with such nonsense on the last day of Callicia's ball!)

In any case, the four great family members were all arrogant and had nothing to be liked about.

Meanwhile, Gabriel's face turned pale after confirming Diego's reaction.

'So it's true that Parvenon wants us to breakup?'

Diego kept his mouth shut.

'But how could you not say a word to me?'

Gabriel's face was colored with shock.

'No way. Why are you suddenly asking me to break up my marriage? I didn't do anything wrong!'

There was nothing Diego could say about it either.

Still, it is impossible to tell the parties that the Parvenon's side is trying to break up its engagement to Gabriel and switch to Hilise.

'Gabriel, you have nothing to worry about.'

In addition, Gabriel was Diego's favorite daughter.

'It's impossible for your engagement to be broken with Christian. What break-up? Do they think this is a kid's joke?'

'But... Christian seemed to think we'd already broken up!'

(Christian, as I saw earlier, was as determined as he was.)

Gabriel shuddered unconsciously as she recalled Christian's appearance.

(It was the first time in my life that my fiancé felt so frightening.)

'That's his idea alone!'

Diego sharply shot back Gabriel's words, whether they were wrong again.

'It's just that he's fickle for a while because the engagement period is getting longer. So the more times like this, the more you have to try and keep Christian's mind on hold.'

'What do I do?'

'It's obvious how to win a man's heart anyway. You're pretty and winsome, so Christian will see you more often, and your shaky heart will calm down.'

Diego spoke in a determined tone.

'Anyway, Gabriel, don't worry, just trust your father.'

But the words rather made Gabriel's mind more uneasy.

Diego wasn't either. Diego these days wasn't very reliable. He was pushed out by Hilise and was in the back room, and is still in bed with such a health injury, did not look as cool and great as before in Gabriel's eyes.

'Father, I was really upset about Chris today!'

Nevertheless, it was suitable for such a young man.

'Yeah, yeah.'

Diego, on several occasions, sympathized with Gabriel's gripes and responded moderately. But that's one or two times, Gabriel's words never came to an end.

'More than that, did anything else happen in Amelie today? About Hilise, what has she been doing?'

In fact, Diego's problem was more important than Gabriel's and Christian's.

So Gabriel's whining was roughly turned over and asked about Hilise. Gabriel, who saw Diego's innermost thoughts like a ghost, suddenly became sulky.

'I don't know! I couldn't even meet sister Hilise today!'

'What? Then what the hell did you do there today...'

'I just told you! I met Chris! I couldn't be at the party anymore because I was so shocked about the breakup.'

Diego wrapped his fingers in his forehead. He felt that Gabriel should not have been entrusted with this.

It's been a while since Gabriel was sent back to her room.

The news of Hilise and Ricardo's return came to Diego's ears. He then called Ricardo.

'I didn't see Hilise at the party.'

But Ricardo, who Diego believed to give him the things he wanted to know, gave the same answer as Gabriel.

'Hilise, did she even hide at the party? How can Gabriel, and you just come back without seeing her face?'

Diego, of course, thought that it was ridiculous.

'I couldn't help it because of the animal that escaped from the cage, and suddenly the party became a mess.'

Somehow, Diego was even more astonished when he saw Ricardo's face.

'What? Are you saying that these days, all the creatures are out of their minds? Last time Gabriel asked me to save an animal, suddenly it was as if it had eaten something wrong, and it went mad!'

'That's the case...'

But instead of saying it, Ricardo shut up. His countenance was rather darkly dead.

It was because he suddenly remembered what happened in Inoaden last time. Of course, what happened in Inoaden at the time and what happened in Amelie at this time were different kinds.

What appeared in the Amelie family today was an unidentified deformed object, but what Diego brought as Gabriel's gift last time was a common rare object.

In addition, unlike Amelia's, who broke out of on it's cage on its own, the monster in Inoaden was deliberately taken out because of Gabriel that day.

Ricardo, however, chewed on his lips, brooding over the common reaction he had seen in the two events.

'Some people would think that there was only one person for me who was at the party today, and it was Gabriel.'

Ricardo's mind was retelling the words of Axion Berzet while he was moving to Inoaden, leaving in Amelie's mansion earlier.

Last time in Inoaden, he believed his actions were a mistake. Ricardo's unconsciousness, however, again prioritized Gabriel in a similar crisis.

'Gabriel didn't say that before, did it happen when she wasn't there?'

'Yes, I heard Gabriel got into the carriage before the incident happened.'

'Yeah, I saw her a little while ago and she looked fine. Are you hurt anywhere?'

Diego asked with a look of concern. Ricardo had to answer that, but he somehow choked.

He felt like there's stones that rolled into his chest, which had been tight all this time. Ricardo bit his lips a few times and picked a horse before answering.

'Yes, I'm fine, too. But Hilise...'

'What are you worried about? Even if there's an incident, it's not a problem since she has the ability too.'

Diego said, kicking his tongue.

Diego, of course, would not have meant it, but his words seemed to give Ricardo an indulgence.

Yes, Hilise had a knack for it. So it was natural that his head was filled with worries about Gabriel in the same situation as before.

'Stop going in and get some rest. You'd be surprised, too.'

However, Ricardo's mind continued to be uncomfortable while thinking so.

Soon he walked out of Diego's room in the hallway.

Meanwhile, Ricardo's face sank heavily the whole time. After a while, he then went to Gabriel's room.

~~Knock, knock

'Gabriel.'

In fact, when he left Amelie's mansion, his head was full of thoughts to check Gabriel's safety as soon as he arrived in Inoaden.

But as he gradually regained his reason in the wobbly carriage, he realized that he had never spoken about Hilise, as Axion Berzet said.

He didn't even know if Hilise was still in Amelie or if she was back to Inoaden.

(When I heard Axion Berzet's words, I belatedly thought that I should have checked whether Hilise was safe or not, rather than leaving the position as if I was running away with a prick.)

Ricardo agonized over whether to turn the wagon or not.

While hesitating so much, the carriage eventually reached Inoaden, and he was told by the butler that both Hilise and Gabriel had returned to the mansion first.

Only then was Ricardo relieved.

Somehow, however, his feet did not move, so he could not go and see how Gabriel was doing at first.

Then he chose to visit Diego's room as if he were fleeing.

Shortly after Ricardo knocked on the door, Gabriel's voice was heard from inside.

'Don't come in now! I'm getting a massage!'

Something must've happened, but a rather sharp voice rang out loud. Ricardo quietly left Gabriel's doorstep. Then he reached Hilise's room.

Ricardo's hand hesitated but then lifted it slightly up a few times and then down again.

'I'd rather not, Ricardo.'

Then, at one point, a conversation he had with Osmond in a corner of the party passed by Ricardo's back coolly.
(Note: Like he thought about what Osmond said at the party)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.1M 392K 91
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 1 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM 2017 Fiction Award Winner for Best Mature Book. --⊰♥⊱-- "Death would be too good for yo...
12.7K 300 19
Yeah, this is another story about depressed, sad and suicidal Lucy Heartfilia, but I want to write it my way. So if you like this kind of stuff, feel...
10.9K 456 12
A vampire queen, that's exactly what I am. I rule over every vampire and they happily bow down to me. Some try to take my place, but you still see me...
2.8M 173K 117
[COMPLETED]✔ Book 3 of The Deliverance Series Ménage--MxFxM How do you win a game when you don't know who all the players are? --⊰♥⊱-- "You can...