Marco vs the forces of Life

By snowglitchz

Ever since a girl came to live in his house hold. He came to a life with danger. Something he wanted. What he... More

1. It Started
2. The Vivid Red Eye's
3. Father Time
4. Dreams
5. Upgrade
7. Mackie Hand
8. The Dance
9. Rebel Princess
10. Visiting Star
11. Back to Earth Summer
12. Right Back to Mewni!
13. The Dreams Again
14. Butterfly Form Star
15. Soulrise
16. Holding the Wand
17. Party
18. Photo Booth
19. Marc-nificent Seven V.S Meteora
20. After the Fight
21. Meeting Globgor
22. Pie
23. Catch Up
24. Hanging with Tom
25. Breaking the Blood Moon Curse
26. The Dreams Explained but.....
27. Getting some Answers
28. Too Emotional to make a Portal
29. The Magic Well
30. Made It to Mewni
31.The Solarian Warriors
32. Worlds Clash
33. After the Clash
34. Cheer Up
35. The News
36. Telling Tom
37. Our Baby
38. Care To Join Me?

6. Truth or Punishment

671 20 1
By snowglitchz

"Oh oh, uh-huh. You got it bad."

"Bad? No," I say nervously.

"It's game time, Marco. And since you're so good at playing the field, I got a game that would be perfect for you. Back to Star's room!" Pony head yelled flying to Star's room with the rest of the girls following.

"Come on Marco!" Star yelled. I slowly followed. I was led in. I saw the girls already sitting down. Star pulled me next to her. I see Pony going through her bag then finally placed a box in the middle of us.

"It's a box."

"It's called Truth or Punishment. It's all about telling your friends your deepest, darkest secrets." After that I instantly stood up.

"And I'm out." I start running to the door.

"Give me one second. Marco!" I grab the handle and turn the knob, but it didn't open. O no. "Marco, Marco, Marco, Marco." I felt a blast on my back which make me slip and fall on my butt. "Why don't you wanna play?" I get up.

"I just think maybe some things are better kept secrets."

"What are you talking about?" I say hoping Star knows what I'm talking about. I had a bad feeling about this.

"Oh Marco, come play with us."

"Yeah Marco. Come share secrets." I laugh nervously.

"He's coming."

"I hate you," I tell her. She pushes me back to the group of girls and places me between Jackie and Janna.

"Okay, it's supposed to ask three questions, each one harder than the last, and all we do is answer them," Pony Head said explaining the game. "So..." She claps her ears together, and the lights go out. I see glowing. It was the box glowing when Pony Head stuck her tongue on top of it.

"Deceit and fables, lies and fiction, even with complete conviction. If truth is absent from these events, all will face the punishments," The Cube say's.

"What does that mean?"

"It means if you lie to him, something bad'll happen." The cube expands to reveal a mouth?

"Pledge an oath of truth. Pinky swear to me."

"Okay." We each put our pinky in the mouth pledging we tell the truth. Even Pony Head used her tongue to pledge.

"It's time for Truth or Punishments." The mouth goes back down.

"Oh-ho! Pony, this is already awesome." I bit my bottom lip.

"The first question:" The cube spins for the question. "What is... your... favorite color?"

"Uh, Pony?"

"Oh, girl, maybe the first one is just very easy. The next one's probably something interesting, like, have you ever killed a man. Mm, actually, that's still easy."

"Pony Head, favorite color?" I ask her.

"Pony Head color. Done."

"What?" I say confused.

"It's a very popular color on Mewni," Star tells us.

"Uh, Star, what's your favorite color?"

"Uh, I have to go with yellow."

"Me too." We continued the game. Janna lied about her favorite color being black when it was actually pink which made us receive our first punishment, being tickled by some electricity. Which caused the box to trap us in a bigger box of Star's room. Next Question was about Star's brownies that I did not try, and the girls lied about liking them. The truth came out. I felt bad for Star.

"Okay, I don't wanna play this game anymore," Star said brining in her knees.

"Yeah. I'm sorry I brought this stupid game now. Come on, let's go to the Bounce Lounge." We all said agreeing to the idea and walking to the exit, but when we were about to open it, the exit door pushes all of us back into the room.

"Nobody leaves until you answer the final question. Who do you... have a... crush on?" O no.

"Okay, let's do something else."

"Okay guys, we can do this. Let's just answer and end this," Jackie said holding mine and Star's hand. "Go ahead, game. We're ready." The Cube goes to Jackie first.

"Who do you have a crush on?"

"Okay, this really cute guy from skate camp last summer. He's really nice."

"Aww!"

"See? That was easy. Okay, now you go Marco." I start to panic.

"No, thanks. I, uh, I'm good. It's Star's turn, I'm sure."

"I say who goes next, and I say Star goes next."

"Oskar Greason. Everybody knows that."

"Good choice."

"CubeStarFan13, your crush?" Starfan grabs Star's cheeks.

"Star Butterfly of course."

"Pony Head?"

"Well, if we're really being honest here, and we're gonna be vulnerable, I guess I just have to admit it and say, it's me. I love myself."

"Well, I think we all know who I have a crush on. Don't we, Marco?"

"Uh..." I was confused.

"Eighteenth-century poet John Keats."

"Heh heh." I relaxed but not for long.

"Okay Marco Diaz. Your crush."

"Oh Marco, you don't have to..." It was already too late anyway.

"No. It's..." I look in shame. I knew this could happen. Just my luck... "It's fine. Ugh. Okay. My crush... my crush is on Jackie. Jackie Lynn Thomas."

"What?" The blue box room we were in turned red.

"Somebody lied big time!" The cube starts emitting lightning.

"Who lied⁈ Janna, was it you again?"

"No. It is John Keats."

"Mine is the cute guy from skate camp."

"Ha ha. I love Star."

"And I love Oskar Greason.

"Marco!"

"I told you, I have a crush on Jackie. At least I think I do. But what does that really mean? I've put her on this sort of pedestal. So, do I like the image of her or who she really is? I mean, I like her enough to know that she deserves someone who wants to get to know her, which is definitely me."

"Wow! I always get to the truth, but that... kudos, really. But you weren't the one who lied!!"The cube turns into a monster and laughs evilly.

"Don't worry guys. I got this." Star blasts the monster, but it does nothing. The floor raises Star up, and she screams. I panic worried.

"Star!"

"Hold the seat!"

"Marco!" I turn seeing the girls going up as well. I turn back to the monster cube. The room shifts. "Jump!" I turn back the girls and jump to reach their hands. Janna held on but Jackie lost her grip on me. I look down seeing the monster cube cut the tower they were on. The tower falls but I was flying. Well holding onto Jackie. I look up seeing Pony Head flying. A platform moves and hit's Pony head making us loose our grip. I fall on the ground. Everyone fell on top of me one after another. I look at the monster cube seeing him laugh as he comes towards us.

"Stop it! What did we do to deserve this?"

"Lies are a plague. A virus. A weed. And to stop a weed... You must kill the roots."

"But it's not really lying," Star tells it.

"Huh?"

"Sometimes, you don't know what you think. Your head and your heart disagree. You think you know how you feel about something, but then it changes. Pony, ask me my favorite color."

"You already said it. It's yellow."

"Ask me again."

"What's your favorite color?"

"Right now? Blue." The room turns green. Star said the truth.

"Wait! Stop it! You can't change your mind?

"Jackie, who do you have a crush on?"

"Uh... I don't... I don't know anymore."

"No!"

"You think that everything is black and white, and you can't.

"Stop!"

"It's a bunch of different colors, a rainbow of feelings that's always changing."

The monster spins violently, turning back into its original cube form, but now it's black and damaged. The room changed back. Star picked up the cube. She walks to her window and throws it. I stand next to her watching it land in the trashcan.

"Nice throw."

"Thanks Marco." We see the sun rising.

"It's the next day!" I yelled shock.

"We need to change."

"Out Marco!" Star pushed me out her room. I walked downstairs. I hear steps coming down. The girls were heading out. Star held the door for them.

"Thanks for coming to my sleepover." Pony and Janna walk out, then Starfan, now Jackie was the last one.

"Thanks, Star. Crazy night, huh?"

"Yeah. Crazy," I respond to her.

"See ya at school, Marco."

"Bye, ladies." A smile formed on my face. "Uh, hey. What say we get our Sunday morning breakfast burritos?"

"Nah. Not today, Star. I'm gonna go catch up on some Z's," I said smiling big walking to the kitchen. I realize it wasn't my room and start heading there. "My room's that way."

"Marco?" I kept walking up the stairs. Feeling my heart flutter. "Marco Diaz!" I walk into my room and fall on my bed. I may have a chance with Jackie..... I might actually have a chance with Jackie! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.6K 483 31
Star and Marco. Best friends. Promised to always stay together no matter what. But Marco gets a girlfriend and he's slowly breaking that promise. Mar...
602K 15.4K 28
this is a tomco also know as marco x tom. (YAOI) dont like dont read. There is a plot line and there are still all the other characters to, its a one...
16.2K 498 24
Disclaimer: I don't own any of these chracters. They belong to Disney and the creator. Enjoy reading Marco and star. Best friends since they first m...
100K 2.5K 33
Star Butterfly is overcome with anxiety. Once she loses her family and friends, she has to move to Echo Creek. She hates it at there which makes her...