Shape Unsheltered

By Shevongarraway

READ! READ! SHAPE UNSPOKEN TO BETTER UNDERSTAND SHAPE UNSHELTERED. "CAN ALSO BE A STAND-ALONE BOOK" (#3 OF TH... More

Authors note
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER -1-
CHAPTER -2-
CHAPTER -3-
CHAPTER -5-
CHAPTER -6-
CHAPTER-7-
CHAPTER -8-
CHAPTER -9-
CHAPTER -10-
CHAPTER -11-
CHAPTER -12-
CHAPTER -13-
CHAPTER-14-
CHAPTER -15-
CHAPTER -16-
CHAPTER -17-
CHAPTER -18-
CHAPTER -19-
CHAPTER -20-
CHAPTER -21-
CHAPTER -22-
CHAPTER -23-
CHAPTER -24-
CHAPTER -25-
CHAPTER -26-
CHAPTER -27-
CHAPTER -28-
CHAPTER -29-
CHAPTER -30-
CHAPTER -31-
CHAPTERS -32-
CHAPTER -33-
CHAPTER -34-
CHAPTER -35-
CHAPTER -36-
CHAPTER -37-
CHAPTER -38-
CHAPTER -39-
CHAPTER -40-
CHAPTER -41-
CHAPTER -42-
CHAPTER -43-
CHAPTER -44-
Chapter -45-
CHAPTER -46-
CHAPTER -47-
CHAPTER -48-
CHAPTER -49-
CHAPTER -50-
EPILOGUE

CHAPTER - 4 -

182 21 5
By Shevongarraway

HAPPY READING🥰

Cindy Washington

Being in a new city is lonely and kind of scary. Although I have been here for five years, I don't go anywhere or do anything apart from work and grocery shopping. Even the clothes I buy for Steph and myself, I order online. I don't know anyone and due to the competitive nature of my workplace, I haven't made any friends. We have a normal workplace conversation but other than that I haven't talked to them outside of work.

I am thankful I met Zoriah, she is so sweet and I like her style. She has been showing me around the city and we went looking at condos this past week, she works as a bank teller and we spend all our free time together. I asked her to move in with me since she looking for a place as well. She lives with her brother and his fiance because she couldn't handle the rent on her own. I think we were destined to meet because I needed a roommate and a friend and she needed one as well.

I have been waiting to meet good people. After two weeks of meeting Zoriah on the plane and I cried on her shoulder, we click and we can talk for hours, it's so easy to talk with her she doesn't judge me and listen to every word that comes out of my mouth. We have been inseparable from the moment we land in Italy.

As we talked I've come to learn, she's from New Zealand and came to live with her brother to finish university but stayed after she found a job as a bank teller here in Milan. I live a neighborhood away from her, she's a cab drive away and spends all our time together talking and joking around. We even had a few sleepovers.

The loneliness I used to feel when I get home at night disappear because I had someone else to talk to at night. Every night after I talk with Steph, I call Zoriah or she calls me.

Today is Friday and I had a hectic week, my boss had me at five different locations for an interview and my column advice to the lonely didn't even get reviews and had to be posted out tomorrow. So here I am pulling a late-night again trying to meet the deadline at ten to meet print in the morning.

I put the finishing touches on my article. I press the send button, thanking God I made the deadline by mere minutes. Just as I was about to check with my boss Zoriah came marching into my office, plopping down on the chair in front of my desk. "You wouldn't believe the day I had, and how long I was waiting on you."

"Talk to me, what's up." I sit back at my desk ready to listen, I sent an email to my boss making sure she get my column for the month and everything is ready to print.

"My supervisor called me into her office only to tell me, she canceled my vacation for next month. pushing it back to October month I was really looking forward to my vacation time now it is pushed forward and my nerves can't take one more week without a break, my brain will surely explode."

I sit back listening to her and I couldn't help but think we need a girl's night out, this weekend. With the printing of the magazine done tomorrow, I'm free on Saturday and Sunday.

"Can she really do that, take away vacation time. How about we go out this weekend."

"There's this club opening tomorrow night and my brother can get tickets he's friends with the owner. We can have a girls' night out. She's the boss she can do as she likes but I wanted that time for us to move and set up the new place once we decide on one."

"I haven't been to a club in so long. I don't know if I can still party or even move my hips."

Zoriah laughed at me, "I think you may need this more than I do."

"How about we do something quiet this time and go clubbing next time."

"Nope, you're not backing out on me, we partying and getting drunk you need to get back out there."

I roll my eyes at her, she's right I haven't gone out since my divorce and if a guy even looks at me I shot it down immediately, "you're finished here for the night."

"I just have to check with my superior and I'm good."

"We can't put it off any longer, we need to decide on a place."

"Tomorrow we will check online, maybe we can find someplace we both like."

It was well past 11 PM when I reached home. I went straight to the shower, to wash off all the day's work. Zoriah when to the kitchen she's spending the night and I needed the company. Ever since I met Zoriah it's like I constantly need her around she's funny and has a way of making all my lonely days seem like a thing of the past.

When I walk back downstairs Zoriah had already plated the take-out we brought on our way home and had a classic movie on to sir with love. I love Sidney Poitier and plop my feet up on the couch watching. I love how Sidney played his role and encouraged these young people to make something of themself even if it was simply to cook a meal.

No sooner, Zoriah was fast asleep and I'm here thinking about Steph, we didn't get to talk in the evening this past week because of my late nights but we talked in the morning.

Zoriah and I didn't get a chance to check out any more condo but need to get a rush on it because I have two more weeks on my lease.

At the end of the movie, I wake Zoriah and we went up to bed. As soon as my head hit my pillow I was out for the night.

The ray of morning glory streaming through my window as the day began to announce its presence, woke me. It's Saturday I stretched my hands and feet getting off my bed. I walk to the bathroom use the toilet then brush my teeth. I check the time its 6:00 am, it's too early to call Steph so I decide to make breakfast. I check the cupboard, taking out the pancake mix and syrup.

No sooner I had a batch of pancakes on two plates and coffee brewing.

I feel like eating eggs so I boil four, peel, and stack them onto our plates.

No sooner Zoriah came down and we ate breakfast with small talk here and there.

Zoriah clean up while I take a shower and come back down to see her huddled up on the couch with the remote in her hand watching her series, I sit next to her and her attention shifted to me.

"When last you get laid."

I laugh throwing my head back, "that's the last thing I expected you to asked but ok." I kept looking at her face laughing.

"Come on it's girl talk," She says.

"It's been a while, a very long time."

"It's almost three months for me since my boyfriend and I broke up," She say.

"Why did you guys break up?" I asks.

"He cheated and expected me to be cool with it. Even threatened me, my brother at to intervene and put him in his place with his fist."

"Why is it so hard to break up with a guy these days, it always turns violent?"

"Trust me when they don't want us we have to keep stepping but the minute you're done with them and their BS, it's like you have to go into hiding."

"Ain't that the truth, there are too many young women in the news after a bad breakup or domestic quarrel."

"So true, I talk to my brother he has the tickets for us. he will drop them off when he's heading to work his fiance Paola will be joining us too, hope you don't mind."

"Not at all, I'm excited to meet people here, so the more the merrier. Plus I have to see if I still have a waistline."

She laughs at me. "we will see tonight, I'm going to take a shower" she said walking away still laughing.

I check my time and decides to call Steph.

"Good morning mom he beams on the phone."

"Good morning baby, sorry I couldn't call you last night I came home late again. How are you?"

"It's ok mom, we had family dinner last night. No phone at the dinner table."

"You know it's a good rule, hope you don't spend all your time on your phone or social media."

"No mom, I balance it out, I have a schedule."

"Good, make sure you stick to it."

"What are your plans for the rest of the summer holiday?"

"Not sure, but I think we are going on vacation with aunt Jinette and uncle Brian."

"Ok sounds fun."

"It is, mom can we talk later. I have to clean my room."

"Bye baby do your best and don't let your father have to make you do it twice."

"I know mom once is enough."

"Bye baby be good," I cut the call.

The rest of the day went by with us lounging around watching series and eating Amsterdam chips which I've come to love since living here, one day the store owner recommends it and every shopping day it's on my list.

Zoriah brother came by and she introduced us. He drops off the tickets and told us, his girl will meet us there.

The day quickly slips away with us in the same position, when it was 5 PM Zoriah and I decided to raid my closet looking for clothes for this evening. I wanted something sexy casual I choose a damaged wash-out Jean's with an emerald wrist sleeve top and a deep vee to my navel, I also choose neon green Sanders and purse.

Zoriah went with spaghetti straps,  form-fitting, mid-tight silk dress.

After taking a shower, doing my makeup, and getting dress, I remove the rollers from my hair and touch up my lips.

Just as I was about to shout for Zoriah she was already at my door strutting like a runway model.

"You look, gorgeous mamma."

"You clean up nicely Cindy, still sexy after a baby."

I chuckle "so I wasn't sexy all the time."

Zoriah scrunches her nose up "I couldn't tell."

I laugh harder and we walk out of the bedroom making sure to lock up before we head out.

I call a taxi and stood on the steps putting my keys in my purse as Zoriah flash multiple pictures of us.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 1.1K 56
*Complete but still subject to edits* Ben Cougar and Eileen Grau have been best friends since they were kids. For the young cougar-shifter, it was...
21.3K 1.7K 51
PART 2 OF THE SHAPED TRILOGY CAN ALSO STAND ALONE. --------'-------'-------------'---------------'--------'---- READ READ READ READ READ READ (#2 OF...
48.8K 2.4K 28
There is a secret that hasn't been told to her. There is a part of her that she has no idea existed. Who she is, is not something that she had expect...
233K 14.1K 65
Tommy Sallow is onto better and brighter things. After working a small hometown beat in upstate New York, he's finally in sunny California. As expect...