Falter

By vixen_vxn

hyunlis/lisrene AU More

I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
special chapter 💝
Between Drinks and Subtle Things
Disposition

XXVI

1.2K 79 34
By vixen_vxn

Lisa pulled over in front of Kim's residence parking, she can see familiar luxury cars. They must have invited plenty of people inside. The gate was wide open and she felt a relief that she doesn't need to knock. The plan is to kidnapped her mom and go home.

Lisa left her pouch inside her car, she closed the door and when she turned around, her forehead bumped into someone's chest.

"Lisa." Taehyung said.

"What are you doing here?" Lisa asked, stunned. Taehyung's skin became a little kind of tan. Her long curly hair was now turn into a clean cut, with few strands hanging in his forehead. He looks handsome, it suits him.

"It's my house?" Taehyung said chuckling.

How can he smile like that. How can he smile like he haven't left me without saying a word?

How can he ask me to come over as if he's the one who didn't left?

"Lisa? Would you like to come inside? It's cold in here." Taehyung said.

Lisa's heart was clenching. Taehyung being infront of her brought her feelings of confusion she never like a bit.

"Come on, let's g-" Taehyung was about to touch Lisa's shoulder when Lisa slapped her, real hard.

"Don't you ever dare to touch me again, Kim." Lisa said, gritting her teeth. Her lips quiver in anger.

"Sorry." Taehyung mumbled, looking down. Finally unmasking the cool image he was plastering earlier in his face. All he wants to do is to beg for Lisa's forgiveness. Court her and make her happy. Make her his girl again. Make her his wife, finally.

"Lisa- I was trying to reach out to you." Taehyung said.

"I don't care about it." Lisa said, anger was apparent in her tone.

"I never want to be a man in the suit like you want me to be, Lisa. And I knew you won't support me if I told you I have been accepted to play at Nationa-"

"What do you think of me?! Of course I would support you!" Lisa said crying. And she doesn't even know why she said that. It shouldn't matter.

"Sorry. I was scared and- I thought I would disappoint you. I thought if I came back, maybe we can start over again. I-, that's the last game I played. I quit to be with you." Taehyung said it only made Lisa cried like a river.

"I'm an idiot, Lisa. I made a mistake for leaving you, but I promise you that you're the only woman in my life. I never tried to date anyone, because it's you who I want." Taehyung said, begging. He wants to wipe that tears streaming in Lisa's cheeks but he knew it would only hurt her more.

Enough with the words.

But what if I only thought I was better because you weren't around? And now that you're here, you brought me back to the day that you left, maybe I was wrong that I had fully moved on.

"Bye, Tae." Lisa turned her back, opened her car and chose to leave the place.

She just wished her mom won't puke everywhere. And that she hadn't saw Taehyung.

"This is the pantry. This is where we cook, we eat, we wash dishes, talk about the mistresses of our bosses." Lisa pointed at the pantry room. She was doing her best to describe each places. Jackson was laughing really hard at all of Irene's remarks.

"This is the smoking area. But to tell you, I never saw someone grilled steaks nor sausages in here, just people hitting cigarettes." Irene said cluelessly.

"Aside from the conference room, we also have a brainstorming room. It has alot of things that stimulates brain, so we can formulate scientific and morally accepted methodologies that will help us to ameliorate the company and provide better service for the people in the republic." Irene said, her chin is up, she was talking like a college professor. Jackson finds it adorable.

"I knew you were working here." Jackson said, they are on their way at the main lobby.

"It was a coincidence that my uncle, our CEO, has lost his planning and design head because of some sort of anomaly. He wants me to replace him. I quickly agreed into it." Jackson added.

"But Irene, I want you to know that even if he didn't asked me to, I was really planning to follow you here even if I need to start at the lowest position on the organizational chart." Jackson said. Irene didn't know what to say, it was kind of dramatic and not related to the tour.

"Right, are you done?" Irene said instead.

Jackson looked at her wide eyed. Maybe Irene didn't get his message. He cleared his throat.

"And that's the parking lot, there, that could be your car." Irene was walking backwards.

"That's the exit for me, I'm going there. Bye Jackson, see you around!" Irene shouted and hurried her way outside. She stumbled and Jackson was thorn at laughing or helping her, but before he can even step his feet, Irene stood up and run for her life.

"You should stop being cute." Jackson mumbled.

Irene was calling Lisa's phone but she wasn't answering. She decided to visit her instead. Maybe Lisa had fell asleep without eating dinner. When Irene noticed that the mansion has no any open lights, she started to worry.

"Lisa?" Irene called her girlfriend's name.

"Lisa?" She shouted once again near the kitchen.

Irene turned on the lights and made her way upstairs to check Lisa's bedroom. It was unlocked but it has no lights. She heard someone sobbing.

"Lisa." She asked, although she was scared, she went infront of the lady who was hugging her knees.

"Baby? Why are you crying?" Irene asked.

Irene held the girl's chin and it was cold. She shivered at the contact. Irene lifted her face, only for her to see a blank face with a single wide bloody mouth on it. Irene screamed in fear.

"Holy cow! In Sesuj name!" Her mouth having typo in panic.

"Na-nah, In Jesus name!" Irene shouted desperately but the lady held her wrist and Irene's screams became ouder.

Until her butt fell from the couch.

Her butt fell from the couch.

She had a nightmare. She was panting when she woke up.

Instead of praying about it, she quickly grab her phone and open her twitter account.

that was so intense #scarynight #girlwithnofacebutbloodymouth #ipray4u #horrordreamcategory

Yeri quickly replied on her tweet, "did you look at your coochie?". Wendy sent a GIF of herself being surprised and Seulgi replied a picture of her tarantula, totally unrelated.

She hadn't noticed that she accidentally fell asleep while waiting for Lisa to arrive. It already nine in the evening but Lisa hadn't left any single text nor missed calls. It was very unusual.

She got startled when series of heavy steps was coming near her. She stood up carefully and with the help pf light from outside, she notice that it was Lisa, smiling weakly at her.

"Come here." Lisa said, she sit at the couch. Irene walk towards her and engulfed her girlfriend into a tight hug.

"I'll make you some dinner, you must be really tired." Irene said, her right thumb caressing Lisa's cheek.

"No, just stay here." Lisa said and pulled her girlfriend closer. Lisa's voice was weak and exhausted.

"What's wrong, Lisa?" Irene asked worriedly.

"Irene, you're the most stunning and genuine woman I ever known. Each thing you do attracts me and it doesn't even ladylike gestures since you are reckless most of the ti-"

"Baby, what's wrong? Tell me, please." Irene said, close to breaking down. Lisa's words was about complimenting her but her tone was similar to saying goodbye.

Lisa hang her head low and release a heavy breath. Then she opened her mouth, Irene was shattered, not because of a fact that it happened but it was because, how Lisa delivered those words.

"Taehyung is back." Lisa mumbled. It shouldn't matter. What now if he's back? He can go back here anytime he wants. South Korea is an open country, but why does Lisa was affected about it? Why does she looked hurt? Why does she seemed like she want to go back with Taehyung and start all over again?

"Really? Since when? How did you know?" Irene asked instead, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Tonight. He called me and I came over to their house-"

"Lisa-" Irene can't take it anymore. She stood up from Lisa's lap and wipe the tears in her cheeks.

"I was about to fetch my mom since she was drunk there. They threw a welcome back party for Tae." Lisa finished, not wanting Irene to get a wrong idea.

"And-" Lisa was losing all the good choices of words.

"And all the feelings came back?" Irene asked jokingly, her tears continuously flowed in her cheeks.

Lisa didn't answered, she just look at Irene blankly. Far from Lisa who always had a fast and definite answer.

"Ohh, well, do you want me to go home?" Irene asked.

Lisa hates herself for making Irene cry and mostly herself, for not giving Irene an answer.

"I'll give you a ride." Lisa said standing up but Irene shook her head.

"It's okay, Lisa. Like seriously, I'm fine." Irene managed to say.

"See you tomorrow?" Irene asked but she didn't wait for Lisa's answer and left the lady.

She quickly manage to exit from the gate and runaway. Irene was running out of breath when she decided to stop and sit at the gutter. Not because she run way too fast or too long, but the tears won't stop falling from her eyes.

"This must be another nightmare." Irene mumbled.

"#romancecategory" Irene added before laughing humorlessly.

Wendy was starting to notice something, Irene hadn't left her bed since the morning and it's almost afternoon now.

"Seul, are you sure you saw Irene went home last night?" Wendy asked.

"Yes, I was drinking water from the fridge and saw her walking upstairs." Seulgi answered her.

"Yeri, can you check on her?" Wendy asked. Yeri nodded her head and made her way upstairs while sucking in her lollipop.

"Irene unnie? Let's have lunch, you already skipped breakfast." Yeri shouted.

No on answered. Yeri was expecting Irene to shout back at her. The kid went back to Wendy to ask where are the keys are.

"Let me have the keys." Yeri said.

"What? Why?" Wendy asked in panic.

Seulgi quickly grabbed the keys and she's the one who opened the door of Irene's bedroom.

"Irene?!" The three of them shouted. Irene was rubbing her eyes, dark circles visible around it.

"Why did you sleep that late? Are you alright?" Wendy asked.

Irene nodded her head and search for something to cover her face.

"I can't sleep last night, I watched movies." Irene said, hiding her face with a pilow. She was lying, she hadn't brought her phone last night. Who knows where she dropped it.

"You worried us, don't do that again." Seulgi said, but she knew Irene was lying and she won't force her to tell them that.

"Okay, I'll bring you some snacks." Yeri said.

Wendy eyed her two bestfriends, all of them also noticed Irene's swollen eyes, red nose and the she spoke. It sounded she had running nose but they she wasn't sick. She was crying.

"We'll give you some time to sleep, but eat the snacks first that Yeri will bring to you." Wendy said and Irene answered them with a low yes.

Lisa had fallen aslept at the couch and she noticed something hard in her waist, only to find out that it was Irene's phone. Just in time she held it and turned it on, two messages have been received from an unknown number.

Thank you for last night, Irene. See you later.
-Jackson

Anyway, good morning. I seemed to always forget to greet you. Sorry beautiful 🙂

Lisa clenched her teeth at the jealousy she has been feeling. What does this Jackson was talking about last night?! Did Irene went to him after she walked out here? What they did? And what about that see you later?

Lisa quickly grabbed her phone inside her purse and called Irene, only to realized that Irene had left her phone inside her house, when it started ringing.

"Oh, fuck it." Lisa cursed.

She quickly made her way at the bathroom to wash herself and change her clothes. She will go at Irene's apartment to ask her about these messages.

She hates the idea of Irene being with Jackson, because she feel threatened with him. Jackson is obviously a nice guy and someone who had a clear intention with Irene. Lisa was afraid that Irene might see it as well and chose him over her. She's afraid, and maybe selfish.

Lisa applied light make up to hid the dark circles around her eyes and the paleness of her lips. She started her engine and hurriedly made her way to Irene's apartment.

"Hi girls, Where's Irene?" Lisa asked.

"She's upstairs. Wait, did you two fought?" Seulgi asked in confirmation.

"We had a little misunderstanding." Lisa said.

"Okay, well, I hate her seeing like that so fix it as soon as you can. I'm doing my best to understand that this is part of being in a relationship." Seulgi said sternly.

"I know, I'll talk to her." Lisa said and Yeri handed her the key since they noticed that Irene locked herself once again.

"Irene?" Lisa called out her name. There was something different on it. Irene can feel that.

Not baby.

Not babe.

Not any sweet nor silly name.

Just Irene with that empty tone.

"Irene, open the door please." Lisa said. Irene refused to stand up from her bed. She covered her whole body with her duvet.

Lisa doesn't have a choice but to open it with the key Yeri had provided earlier. When she pushed the door open, it revealed Irene as a spring roll. Her beige colored duvet was perfectly rolled in her body.

"Irene, I know you're awake." Lisa said as she sat at the corner of Irene's bed.

"Let's talk please. I have something to ask to you." Lisa said patiently. Irene scoffed and removed the duvet from her body. Lisa felt guilty at the pair of swollen eyes looking at her.

"What would it be about?" Irene asked coldly.

"This. Since when you started seeing Jackson? Explain to me his texts." Lisa said, trying her best to stay calm and hold her control. She showed up Irene's phone infront of her girlfriend and Irene look at it uninterestedly.

"Yesterday. When our CEO announced that Jackson would be our new department head." Irene answered.

"And what is he thanking you abou-"

"I tour him around, because, I've been told so, had no choice, and did my best to keep my distance because I know you didn't want me near him." Irene answered.

"Why you didn't told me yesterday?" Lisa asked.

Irene laughed sarcastically.

"Right." Lisa mumbled.

"Please sleep again." Lisa said standing up. Irene scoffed, no apologies from Lisa.

"Lisa, I don't know what happened but clearly something is wrong. If you want him back-" Irene did her best not to cry but she was betrayed by her own tears.

"Just please tell me, and don't do something behind my back. I'm not going to be a hindrance for your happiness." Irene finished and then covered herself with a duvet.

"Sleepwell, Irene." Lisa said, reaching for Irene to kiss her in forehead like she used to, but she doesn't want to hurt more the raven lady.

Irene's heart was in a total mess, the only place she knew would bring ber peace would be in Lisa's arm. However, it's a different case when Lisa is the reason of the mess she's been feeling. She found herself singing gospel songs beside her family on Sunday morning. Right after the priest's sermon,

"Peace be with you." Irene bowed her head to her parents and people around her.

"Are you going to have a communion?" Irene's mother asked.

"Yes, I'm hungry." Irene answered when she heard her stomach grumbled. Bread is still bread.

Her mother look at her weirdly.

"Mom, I'm hungry for the body of Holy Sesu- Jesus." Irene stuttered.

"That's why you shouldn't skipped going to church for that long time. More than half a year, Irene. You have to repent." Her mother scolded her.

"Fall in line." Her father said with authority and she obliged.

Then she bumped into someone. Irene looked up at the person who hit her forehead with a hard firm chest, Jackson.

"-sorry Mis-" Jackson was surprised.

"Irene?" Enthusiasm was felt in his voice.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" Irene asked through whisper.

"This was my third month here, I moved out from my previous pad and this is the nearest church from my new unit." Jackson replied in whisper.

"Ohh, great." Irene said, not knowing what to say.

"Who's with you?"Jackson asked.

"My parents. 'Bout you?"

"My uncle and my dad." Jackson said smiling. If Irene's heart wasn't owned by someone who is brunette and has full bangs, she would quickly fell with that handsome perfect good boy genuine smile.

"Your turn." Irene said when it was Jackson's turn to receive the hostia.

"Amen." Jackson said and eyed Irene refused to look at him since she was the next in line.

Irene did her thing, received the hostia and went back to her sit to continue her prayers as she kneel on the wooden kneeling plank padded with thin layer of foam and synthetic leather.

When Irene and her parents were on their way at the exit, Jackson quickly grabbed her attention.

"Irene, do you want to have a breakfast with me?" Jackson asked without knowing that Irene's parents were behind them.

"Who is this young lad?" Irene's father asked.

"Mom, Dad, this is Jackson, my department head at office." Irene said when she heard her father's demanding tone.

Jackson was surprised and embarrassed. He was excited to see Irene that he forgot she had a company today.

"Good morning, Mr. and Ms. Bae." Jackson paid his respect, assuming they are Irene's parents.

"Are you courting my daughter?"

"Dad, what the fu-" Irene stopped her words.

"I'm only her friend as of now Sir." Jackson smoothly replied.

"Would you like to have a breakfast with us? My uncle and my dad are on-" Jackson said and Irene didn't bother to listen. The next thing she knew is they were entering a fancy restaurant. And plus the fact that Jackson's dad and her father were used to be basketball teammates during junior highschool.

Irene tried to call Lisa but Lisa's phone was unattended. The moment she hopped down from the cab to the apartment, she didn't stop contacting the brunette. She misses her girlfriend and hearing her voice would resolve that, well, kind of.

"Irene." Lisa's voice was firm. She was standing up raising her phone. Irene was surprised to find her girlfriend right now in her apartment.

"Jennie sent me this. Why are you with Jackson?" Lisa was mad.

Irene started to explain but Lisa's mind was clouded with jealousy. Even if she heard the whole details, she refused to understand.

"This is the second time, Irene." Lisa said tapping her high heels at the part of non carpeted floor. Her lips formed a thin line, thinking of the words what to say next.

"Okay, hey to you too Lisa. I miss you." Irene said when Lisa refused to greet her but welcomed her by her accusations. Irene felt like crying, this wasn't the way it was supposed to be.

Irene hates it, it felt like Lisa was stopping herself from coming near her. No hugs and kisses.

"Don't you think I deserve a simple hug?" Irene asked, almost sounding like a plea.

"I'm in hurry." Lisa replied not meeting Irene's eyes.

"Okay." Irene painfully nodded.

"Take care." Irene said.

Lisa held the knoor knob and speak her last remarks.

"If this will happen again, you wouldn't like what will happen next." Lisa said seriously.

"Oh, really? I'm not doing anything wrong. I know my feelings for you are steady." Irene said smiling.

Lisa left.

Irene wasn't sure if there would be next time that Lisa will tell her that, because each steps that Lisa made create a distance between their relationship. And Irene doesn't know if Lisa only left the apartment, or her life, or both.

She doesn't know.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.3K 47
A story of a single mother and workaholic cafe owner. It's all about their dreams and thier own demons
31.3K 1.3K 34
❝𝗧𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗺𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆❞ ⇾𝗯𝗮𝗲 𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝘀𝗰𝗵𝗼𝗼𝗹, 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 �...
197K 6.7K 52
Pure fiction only.
2.8K 112 15
𝚃𝚁𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙻𝙰𝚃𝙴𝙳:𝙴𝙽𝙶𝙻𝙸𝚂𝙷 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝙸𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚎,𝚂𝚎𝚞𝚕𝚐𝚒,𝚆𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚢,𝙹𝚎𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚎,𝙹𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚘,𝙹𝚘𝚢,𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚊,𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚈𝚎...