It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 23

8.6K 791 536
By ChhaviGupta51

Shruti's POV

I  was having my hands adjourned with Heena (Mehandi). Vidhi teased me that I can tell the name of someone special to Heena artist and get his name written in my Mehandi too. I just glared at her and shook my head.  Vidhi went away as someone called her.

The lady was making a design on my hand and all of a sudden, she excused herself to go to the washroom. I was waiting for her and looked around. I saw Dr Jindal offering juice to Maurvi. She smiled sweetly at him and thanked him.

How concerned !! Idiot !! Then why does he come after me???

I was annoyed with him... Why was he after me, if he was with her??  I was getting an uneasy feeling so I looked away.

After about 5 minutes, the artist came back and started applying Heena again.

She made a beautiful design and just when she finished it, Siddharth came towards me with a glass of juice and sat beside me.

What was he up to??

" Have something to drink... "  He said coming nearer to me.

" I don't need it... "  I said and got up from there and went away from there.

But he followed me.

" But, I got it for you. " He said sweetly. 

"  Did I ask you to get it?? "  I glared at him.

" I thought you might need it. "

" I don't... Go and ask Maurvi !! "

" Maurvi ?? Why?? " He looked confused.

What a good actor!!  Flirt, playboy...

" You care too much about her... Don't you?? " I tried to control myself but it got out of my mouth sarcastically.

" Yes, of course !! I do care about her. She is very special to me. " He said and smiled all of a sudden. His smile was getting wider with every passing second.

He was so shameless !!! Why was he grinning??

" Have the juice, angry bird. "

" Get lost before I pour this over your head. "

" I know you will not do it. Your Mehandi design will be ruined. You know what?? This name suits you well... By the way, get my name written on your hand. " He said and winked at me.

" You must be crazy if you even dream about it. "

" Dream?? I am all set to turn it into reality. As you are mine. Be ready,  angry bird. "

" My foot !! Never !!  "

" Say whatever you want to but you are going to share your nest with me only. "

" Nest?? "

" You are my angry bird... "

" Forget it. "

" Let's see... "

" By the way... Does your Maurvi know that you are saying all this to me right now?? "

" Awwww... Angry bird is so concerned about my Maurvi. Don't worry about my Maurvi, I will take care of her. "

" Stop calling me that. You are such a .... Ughhhh !! "

" I know you are dying to say it. Say it !! I know I am handsome, every girl in the hospital says that. You also say it. Don't shy away, I won't mind. "

" I hate you. "

" Liar, angry bird."

" Liar? Me?? Look who is talking.  You are a liar!!

" I never lied to you... I don't lie. "

" I don't want to talk to you."

" At least listen to me. "  He said but I went towards aunty as I knew,  he would leave me alone then.

What happened to him since that trip ?? He never behaved like this when we were dating. He is behaving differently since the trip.

Why was he doing all these things now?? 

Siddharth's POV

The Mehandi function was going on. There were many Heena artists there. I saw that a henna artist was applying on her hands.

I wanted to talk to her but could not. So I went to Maurvi instead. I was teasing her as Sandhya bhabhi had told the artist to write bhai's name on her hand. She was blushing beautifully.

She asked one waiter to get something to drink but he didn't come in two minutes. I saw another waiter coming with juice and I got one for her.

She smiled and accepted it.  But before she could drink it, Bhai came there and took the glass from her as he was also holding one.

" Hey, that's not fair... You can't do this to me. " He glared at me and pouted at her.

" What have I done??" Maurvi asked.

" This is my privilege. You will drink this juice. "  He took the glass I got and gave her the one he got.

" Bhai !!! How does that matter?? "

" Oh, God!!  Sid, she is my fiance, my name is written on her hand. So I will take care of her. You go and get something to drink for your girl.  Take care of her, Get your name written on your Shruti's hand. Don't waste your and our time. " Bhai said pushing me.

" What are you saying, Gautam ?? It is not right." Maurvi said.

" Everything is fair in love and war. Go man go... "

" How do I get my name written on her hand??  She will slap me hard. "

" Don't fear when your brother is here.     See, the artist went somewhere go and talk to her. Give her some money, she will write your initials. Go, Sid, get her. She is yours... "  I looked at Maurvi, she just smiled.

" What if she gets offended?  "

" So what?? She might slap you... Are you scared of a girl's slap?? Come on Sid, be a man. Go after her. " Bhai said.

I looked at Maurvi and she winked and nodded.

I caught Vidhi's hand and took her to that lady and asked her to help me in persuading the lady to write my name on her hand.

" Are you out of your mind?? She will kill you as well as me. " Vidhi said.

" I will take her wrath. I won't tell her that you helped me. "

" But it is not fair..."

" Everything is fair in love and war. "

" What is this ?? War?? "

" Love !! You stupid.... c'mon yaar even Bhai and Maurvi gave their permission. "

" Gautam Bhai ?? "

" He only suggested it. "  I said with a smile.

She talked to the lady, I gave her a thousand rupees. She said, she can't do that.

But I persuaded her that we were going to get married very soon. And I wanted her to write my name but she was shy.  Then Vidhi assured her that I was right.

She went back and completed her design. I took a glass of juice for my love but she didn't talk to me.

She was jealous of Maurvi.  How cute !!! Love you, Shruti. You are mine!!  I will not let anyone take you away from me.

I wanted to take her in my arms and kiss those sinfully sensuous lips. They have been tempting me to kiss them. I wanted to feel them with mine but I always controlled myself.

But I can't keep doing it forever. She was mine and it was time to claim my right over her.

She was a doctor now... So now she has proved herself and was going to be independent very soon. Now I could persuade her to accept my love for her.

I was holding back my feelings and emotions because I didn't want to distract her from her goal. I still remember the day when her brother saw me talking to her.

I could have spared him for punching me but would have beaten him to a pulp for slapping her. I was about to hit him back but she pleaded with her eyes and joined hands.

I knew about the thought process of her family and didn't want her to suffer because of me. So I decided to keep away from her. Though I tried to clear everything between us but never forced her.

Mayank felt very bad that he said and did all that.  He even said that he can explain everything to Shruti and apologize to her but I refused. I didn't want to distract her.

But now... No one and Nothing would be able to stop me from making her mine.

Maurvi also confirmed that she thinks that Shruti had feelings for me and hence she would help me to win the affection of my angry bird. 

She ran towards Vidhi's mom. I had to leave her alone. But I was smiling from ear to ear.

My angry bird... One day, soon... very soon, you will be my love bird.

😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Good morning friends ☀️😊

Here is my today's update, I hope you liked it please let me know.

Take care of yourself and have a nice day.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Thanks
Chhavi❤️😍😃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 921 26
Rajveer Singh Shekhawat...playboy, flirt, eager to hook up with anyone, huge philander. One problem though- he is virgin. Naina sareen- doesnt talk m...
117K 5.9K 37
~ Abhishek Sharma just returned home from the U19 World Cup Tour, bringing back what India owns, the World Cup Trophy. With his return, his cousin...
35.9K 3.3K 45
The last thing Avi, scratch that not even the last thing Avi would want to be tutored by anyone let alone by school's bad boy . He follows her around...
52.9K 4.9K 50
Now available on Amazon Kindle as "INNOCENTLY BEAUTIFUL LOVE" "Don't be a spoilsport Aadhu. You can't just back out from a simple dare," said Aayush...