Just Around the Corner || A G...

By MWrites00

Tags: G. Weasley X OC Smut fluff Post-war timeline Mature themes! Forbidden lovers trope Secret affair D... More

Author's Note
Introduction
Remembrance
The First Step
Return and Offers
A Day's Work
Hard Liquor
A Discovery
Inventory
Scrambled Eggs
Conflict Resolution
Better Than Expected
The Lunch Break
Labels
A Monumental First
A Visitor With Interest
Great Expectations
Undesirable Milestones
Sensitive Subjects
To France
And Back
A Trip to The Burrow
Surprises
Reflections Parallel
Strange Days
Broken Glass
Safe Haven
Insomnia
Progress and Pranks
The Sun and The Moon
Flowers Fall
Unlucky in Love
A Revelation
It Comes in Threes
The Sun Sets
The Crystal Ball
Tied Up
The Arcus Manor
One Last Promise
Eternally Grateful
From His Eyes
Body and Soul
Recrudesce Overdue
Out in the Open
Penance
Conclusion
ANNOUNCEMENT
Years Later

The Ball

5K 139 564
By MWrites00

A/N: Is Fred outta pocket? Yes. But he is the true MVP of this story.  This chapter is super long but I think this might be my favorite yet. 

Song recommendations: "Solar Waltz" By: Cosmo Sheldrake, "Masquerade - Ballet Suite:Waltz" by: Aram Khachaturian, "Slow dancing in the Dark" by Joji  (This song I would start at a specific time, it will be noted in the comments) 

If you're interested in seeing the outfits I had in mind for the engagement ball, they are placed at the end of the chapter. (I would have placed them here but I didn't want to give away who all will be attending 😏)

The Arcus Manor was decorated lavishly for the upcoming festivities. The twinkling of the candlelight in the dark baroque hallways. The silky piano and the cool, pale glow of the ballroom.

It should have been beautiful, awe inspiring.

If only Cassandra could stop imagining a different man by her side tonight.

Ignoring her mother's protests, Cassandra was wearing a long black ball gown with mesh matching gloves. Her mother believed it was distasteful to wear such an ominous color for the occasion. Cassandra found it perfectly fitting.

Adrian arrived first, already self-medicating to get through the night. The bourbon on his breath was strong, revolting. Cassandra wondered if he had been with Uma, had told her about the night, even invited her. Though the one run in she had with her informed Cass of the fact: Uma was clueless.

Probably wise to not invite the true lovers anyway, at least this is what Cassandra told herself, as she lied about why she couldn't see George tonight. They had been through so much lately, she didn't want to bring him anymore pain or discomfort.

And that's all this night was really, pain and discomfort. Fancy dresses and champagne couldn't mask that. At least not for the bride and groom to be.

More guests started to trickle in as the music kicked up, playing a more uptempo melody. Among some of the first to arrive were the Malfoys, Adrian and Mr. Arcus's invites. Cassandra wasn't too fond of them, Lucius seemed to be the worst, so thankfully he wasn't present. For a brief period of time after the war, she refused to have anything to do with them, but after her parents walked Adrian into the picture, things changed. She recalled that Luna told her that Draco was sometimes pleasant to her during her unwelcome stay in the dungeons of the Malfoy Manor. For that fact and that fact alone Cassandra walked over, making small talk with them.

Adrian was chatting loudly with Draco, reminiscing about old times when finally one of the three guests Cassandra had invited arrived. Cho Chang.

She made a beeline to her, "Cho! So glad you made it!" She gave her an air kiss to both of her cheeks and Cho held her hands. "Happy to be here Cassandra, congratulations!"

"Oh thank you. Cho, your dress, it's beautiful!" Cho sheepishly looked down to her maroon silky gown, "No no enough about me, it's your day! Tell me about Adrian!"

"Oh...well uh..we got together a little after my last year at Hogwarts after the war..and here we are now.." Cassandra put on the same fake smile she had used all night. 

Cho looked unconvinced but still was polite, "Well as long as you're happy...Though I never imagined you with him while we were all in school."

"I guess we are all full of surprises!" Like me having an affair with a Weasley, she thought to herself, instead saying, "Like you, I hear you are getting pretty serious with a muggle."

They gossiped about Cho's love life for a while until Adrian took her away to talk with more guests. Cassandra ended up standing quietly beside Adrian as he boasted to his friends. She kept her regard away from Blaise, fearful that somehow, someway he recognized her breathing from the other side of the Weasley Wizard Wheezes' bathroom door, somehow able to read her close call like tarot cards.

More and more guests piled into the ballroom, Cassandra and Adrian forced to greet and chat with them all. Cassandra was waiting on more of her guests to arrive, hoping Luna would walk through the grand foyer and save her any moment.

The next person to walk into the open ballroom was a close second. Neville Longbottom, holding hands with Hannah Albott. "Cassandra!" He yelled across the opening, waving his hand in the air. He stumbled through the crowds, "Cassandra...wow...you look stunning!"

"Thank you Neville...and welcome Hannah! Happy to have you both here." Cassandra now had a fresh stressor. Would Luna be okay with this new occurrence? If she even showed up at this point.

"Congratulations by the way, you must be so happy," beamed Hannah, holding Neville's arm close. They looked more like the happy couple of the evening.

After thirty minutes of trivial babble and dancing, finally the person Cassandra was looking for arrived.

Luna floated into the ballroom wearing a silvery blue gown with gold leaves embroidered into the tule... and two ginger giants attached to either side of her.

Fuck, of course the twins would manage a way in here. She should have known, told him about everything. Now she would pay the price.

This is not going to end well.

George and Fred Weasley were wearing matching black suits, except Fred's tie was a bright red, George's was a monochrome black. Not only were the suits matching, they were wearing cocky smirks, like they knew just how good they looked right now.

Damn them. Damn him, for showing up here, looking so fucking good.

Cassandra was furious but masked her anger with her classic stoic face. She felt a sharp yank as she started to approach them. Adrian whipped her around to face him, "What the fuck are Weasels doing here?" 

For once Cassandra didn't need to lie, "I have no idea, I didn't invite them! Just Luna, Neville, and Cho." He huffed, downing his tumbler glass of whiskey, bragging her over to them.

When George saw her, his breath was stolen, that bittersweet aftertaste was filling his mouth. She looked so beautiful, heavenly in her dark dress. A fallen angel. His angel. Sadly though, a demon was attached to her, pulling her this way, face all angry and ugly. How dare he touch her. Fred gave him a look, one George normally had to send him, telling him to calm down.

"What are you two doing here?" Adrian spat at them, his words slurred from liquor. 

George started to panic, needing some reason from them both to be here. Why the fuck had he let Fred come? "Uh...we're both her dates!"

Fred followed along without being prompted, "Yeah, we had a 'two for the price of one special' going on at our shop. That applies to the plus one invite... right Mrs. Arcus?"

Never in her life had Cassandra wanted to murder Fred more, and that's saying something. "The more the merrier, right honey?" Cassandra asked Adrian, who's eyes narrowed at the twins, then clutched onto Cassandra's arm a little too hard, hurting slightly. The twins both leaned down and planted a peck on Luna's cheeks, which soon reddened.

He finally took the bait. "Don't touch anything," he threatened, turning away from them with a scoff. Adrian headed back to Malfoy, Flint, and Zabini then Cassandra advanced on the group.

"What the hell are you all doing?" She whisper-yelled.

Before either could respond, Fred stepped forward, taking charge. "Liquor?"

Cassandra rolled her eyes, aggravation thumping through her bloodstream, though she wasn't surprised by this response. She nodded over to the far table, which Fred ran to after clapping her on the shoulder and digressing, "Congratulations by the way."

She ignored him, turning back to the guilty party. Luna looked perfectly amused, content at her additional party members, "I figured you'd want your boys here so I brought them for you, you can thank me later. Is that Neville?" She scurried off in his direction before Cassandra could even get a word in.

And then there was one.

She expected a sheepish smile, a light lifting of his shoulders, some sort of evidence of recognition of guilt. None came, only a smartass look as he tightened his tie.

George walked past her, leaning down and whispering "Tonight's going to be fun...don't you think?" The voice that smeared across her skin was deep, harsh, and raspy. His bedroom voice.

Cassandra ignored the goosebumps, the thumping of the blood flow rushing between her legs, the speed of her heart.

She planned to ignore him the entire night, knowing the thing he craved most was her reaction.

_________

Cassandra had danced with various of the attendees, and of course a few rounds with Pucey, who had stepped on her feet four times. Luna hadn't left the dance floor once she had stepped foot on it, barefoot, discarding her shoes at a table, much to Mrs. Arcus' discomfort. Luna was on the dance floor near Cassandra, dancing once with Neville, a few rounds with Blaise Zabini, then George, followed by Fred, then a woman Cassandra didn't recognize.

Luna attempted to save Cassandra from Adrian, eventually cutting in and twirling her friend around, softly giggling as the tulle of Cassandra's dress fanned out. Before Cassandra could quietly ask about Neville, Pucey grabbed her back, stepping on toes once again, holding her hand in his fist too tight, something that normally happened after he had one too many shots of burbon or whatever nasty drink he liked. 

She had been surprised that an old flame, Theodore Nott, had asked her to waltz, congratulating her on such a successful match. During their time on the dance floor, Cassandra remembered their brief relationship, recalling how she used to feel with him. At the time, Cassandra thought it was close to a romance. Now, she fully understood how anti-climatic their time together had been.

Though it didn't end on bad terms so, she had no issue striking up conversation with him, catching up. Pansy Parkinson quickly grew jealous, wedging in and pushing Cassandra to the side. 

The whole ordeal resembled the Yule Ball, so many years ago.

"May I have this dance?" She knew that snarky voice all too well. She turned to George, who was holding his hand out.

"What are you doing?" Cassandra hissed.

"I'm asking the lady of the night to dance, isn't that normal?" He bowed, grabbing her hand, kissing her gold band. His ring. This cocky motherfucker.

She figured it would be suspicious to refuse, besides she would probably have to dance with everyone, not just George.

The tempo of the symphony picked up and they were swept from a slow promenade leading into a brisk waltz, one Cassandra was surprised George knew the motions to. His gaze was glued on her, his eyes hooded as he took her in, holding her tighter.

Cassandra looked anywhere but at George, believing that if she did, she wouldn't be able to look away. "Stop looking at me like that," Cassandra snapped.

"Like what?" He twirled her around, the cocky grin was still plastered on his face for anyone to see.

"Like you've seen me naked."

He dipped her, leaning down to her ear, "But I have seen you naked." He pulled her up, finally relishing in the fact she looked at him, all flustered and adorable.

She snapped her eyes away, trying to ignore him. "Many, many times" he added, "And might I say what a sight.."

She slipped her hand away but he caught it again, continuing the waltz. "How are you acting like this? You know how dangerous it is for you to be here!" There was a brief pause, "How are you not bothered? Angry?"

He knew this line would completely throw her, "Because you scream my name, not his."

She wiggled out of his grasp, now standing still in the middle of the dance floor while other couples swirled around them. "George!" 

He smirked, "That's really close but it goes a bit more like—"  

 "That's enough. How dare you, you could blow everything up. We— we can't do this here," Cassandra snapped. 

He stepped closer, "Why not? I'm just talking to the bride to be. Congratulations on the oh so happy engagement by the way."

They stared at each other, chests heaving until a small frail lady walked up to them, "What a fine young couple...I remember those days...the passion...You're both so lucky."

"Why thank you miss," George beamed at her, kissing the lady's hand. Cassandra looked on, mortified. She was caught up, swept up in his riptide, she had completely forgotten her surroundings. If this woman had mistaken them for the engaged couple, who else might have?

"You guys look like you're going to a funeral, both wearing all black..." Fred cut in, dancing with Cassandra, hopefully diverting attention away from all the attention this "stranger" had received. 

"Maybe we are going to a funeral," She mumbled to herself but Fred couldn't hear her.

The dance picked up, and the chain waltzing led to a brief change of partners, George grabbed her hand pulling her close. She couldn't handle this toture any longer, "Meet me in the library, wait ten minutes after I leave."

Before George could protest, ask questions, even comment, Fred grabbed her back. "You're welcome," He boasted. 

"I should have known you two would show up.." She carped.

Fred dramatically dipped her back, "Nothing is better than a party you weren't invited to." He scooped her back up, continuing the dance, "C'mon Cassie admit it, you love the mischief just as much as we do," he looked over her head to someone behind her, "say.. what do you know about the Malfoys?"

She frowned, "What on Earth do you want with the Malfoys?"

A devilish smile overtook his features, "Mischief of course."

With that the partners changed, leaving Cassandra to dance with Neville. A pleasant change from the two ginger shadows that always seemed to be lurking around.

Once she had a diversion, Cassandra marched down the halls, lifting the end of her wand, letting a small glowing ball of light emerge and float back down the passage to where she had left George. 

Once he got the message and met her she planned to tell him off, to scream, yell in his face. How dare he come here, act so brazen, so insolent? How dare he approach her like his in public, break her one fucking rule.

She was fuming, steaming as she entered her library, pacing back and forth.

_________

Back in the ballroom, George stood by Fred listening to him talk about Mrs. Malfoy, more like how Mrs.Malfoy's ass looked in her dress. "What a fuckin' milf..." He groaned, taking a shot.

George was barely paying him any attention, as it now turned to a glowing ball of light that seemed to float into the ballroom, calling to him. Was he going crazy? He hit Fred's chest, "Hey Fred? One...yeah... but don't say that shit again...two, do you see the light or—"

"Mate don't die on me just yet...the fuck you talking about?" His attention had now turned back on Malfoy's mother.

George followed it slowly, as it guided him, he heard Luna's soft call behind him, "Good luck!" 

He turned down the winding, dark hallways, following the light. It seemed to be pointing him to a large flamboyant door, with a warm flicker of light pooling out from underneath. The ball of light touched him, then evaporated into thin air.

He pulled the heavy wooden door open, revealing the library, lit by candlelight, with floor to ceiling bookshelves. How many hours had Cassandra spent here during her youth reading? Why was she sharing this with him now?

He stepped in, approaching his secret lover, who was pacing, running frantic hands through her hair then twisting her rings. Twisting his ring. The knowledge that his marking, his initials were tucked under the band, kissing her skin all while she danced with Pucey.. lit him on fire. She was angry but he didn't care, she had never looked so perfect.

_________

The door slowly crept open, from the weight of the footsteps she knew exactly who was here. She advanced on him, yelling, "George Fabian Weasley! I can't believe you right now, you arse!"

He was taking long strides towards her but Cassandra kept advancing, "You show up here and—"

He met her in the middle, cupping her face with his hands, craning her neck back. His desperate mouth met hers, kissing her with more ferocity than ever before. He was moulding against her and eventually Cassandra's anger began to wane, pushing her lips against him softly, moving with him.

They stayed like that for a perfect second before Cassandra remembered why she asked him here, her hands moved down from his neck to his chest, pushing him away.

"You can't just kiss my anger away," she panted. She got a good look at him, his broad shoulders in his sharp black suit, his puffy pink lips wet with her saliva. It looked so similar to their first kiss, yet more familiar, more amorous.

Cursing under her breath, she grabbed his tie, yanking him back to her, kissing him again. His hands explored the drapery of her gown, moving down the curve of her ass.

He walked her backwards until she softy hit the bookshelf, breathy moans mixing between their mouths.

He moved his kisses down her neck, dotting her lightly. "Ugh I hate that you're here...why are you here?" She groaned, yanking on his hair.

"Had to be here for the big celebration baby.." He moaned into the shell of her ear. His hand shifted down the side of her waist, pulling one leg up. He moved down her chest, peppering her cleavage as he bunched up her dress.

Her leg wrapped around his middle pulling him close as they met again. In between pecks she whispered, "I love that you're here."

He had fully pushed all of the tulle of her gown up, now ghosting his fingers over her thighs feeling goosebumps surface on her skin. "I know you do. It feels so good to be bad, doesn't it?"

She quickly nodded, biting her lip as he traced her clothed clit in small circles. "And you're a bad girl, aren't you Cassandra?"

She nodded again, trying to silence a whimper as he picked up pace. "I know you are, wanting to fuck here while your little party guests are just steps away." 

"Well maybe more than a few steps away but—" His free hand slid up to her neck, silencing her, squeezing lightly as he stared her down. 

The anger that was coursing through her veins from before had been converted to adrenaline, making one of her driving desires to simply push him further. 

She leaned forward, ghosting her lips against his but never crossing the line, "Yes, you drive me mad Weasley. Now be useful and fuck me." 

With still a hold on her neck he pulled her head forward, meeting her in the middle, abandoning her pleasure to discard her panties, then fumbling with his zipper. 

Cassandra interlocked her hands around behind his neck as he hoisted her up onto a shelf, a few books clanking to the floor. 

To steady herself she weaved one hand around the rug of the ladder nearby, creating the perfect angle as he entered her agonizingly slow. 

They both sighed as he fully pushed in, Cassandra then gripped her wand, pointing it towards the door, locking it. After throwing it behind George, he picked up pace, his head craned back as he sighed. 

Cassandra gripped his shoulder hard, babbling, "You feel so good, every time." 

He snapped his head up to meet her eyes, his expression was no longer laced with lust, instead melting into longing. "Let them hear you then my dove." 

A small smile crept over her face, only be twisted as he slammed into her harder. He was breathless but still was whispering sweet nothings, "Fuck Cass— let them know you're mine." 

She pulled him in by the back of the neck, pulling his ear close to her mouth and letting a sinful moan escape. George groaned, shifting his grip on her, lifting her higher, fucking her full. 

He was surveying her, glances darting all over her face when he softly whispered, "Tell me you're mine, please...please Cassandra.

Cassandra didn't even have to consider, already knowing who's name was written over her heart, whose initials touched her skin always, the man she couldn't stop thinking about. "Mhmm fuck, I'm yours George Weasley. I'm yours...and you're mine." 

He let his forehead fall, pressing against hers, smiling to himself, "That's right baby, you're mine. All these people here tonight don't know it but I do...and I'm yours."

Cassandra's core tightened as her chest swelled, she pressed her lips to kiss, trying to fuse their beings together. "No ones ever made me feel so good George." 

With his hips shifting deeper, Cassandra's could feel herself getting closer, George not too far behind. He met her gaze again, kissing her deeply before pulling away and saying, "There's—fuck—there's no where i'd rather be than with you, no matter the risk."

That was enough for Cassandra to meet her high, the fluttering of her walls coaxing George to his own climax, Cassandra's feeling the warmth grow between her legs. 

Her kissed her again, then her cheek as they caught their breath, George's cheeks were flushed a bright red and a few hairs were sticking to his forehead. 

He let her down to her feet, holding her tightly. Once he was sure she was settled, George put himself away and then went over and grabbed her wand from where she threw it down, holding it out for her. 

Before she could grab her wand, he pulled his hand back, "Ah ah, I'd like to exchange." 

"Exchange?" 

"Yes exchange. Now I'm a business man so I know a good deal when I see one...so what do you have to offer?" 

Cassandra rolled her eyes but then lifted her legs, stepping out of her thong that have collected around her ankles. Lifting her dress she motioned to them, "Will this do?" 

George groaned at the sight, a devilish smirk, "Atta girl, that will do perfectly." 

She didn't move to collect them, so George knelt down on his knees looking up at her as he shoved them in his pocket. As he moved to his feet, the light mood shifted, his face filling with the same longing she had seen before. He pressed his forehead to hers, his eyes screwed close as he held her face. "I'd rather it be us out there." 

"I'd want nothing more," she uttered, pushing her forehead against him harder. 

He didn't need to see her to know the look on her face. The strangled smile, watery eyes. Like magnets being pulled apart George ripped himself from her, turning away, adjusting his suit.

He knew that after they left this room, they'd need to become strangers again, so he took her in her one last time. "You go first," Cassandra ordered.

George nodded, giving a half smile, calling "see ya out there!" as he started back down the hall.

George walked back into the ballroom, spotting Fred over by the makeshift bar, flirting with Narissa Malfoy. "I leave him alone for fifteen bloody minutes and he tries to hook up with Draco's mother...Fred!" George pulled him away from Narissa, who sheepishly returned to where most of the parents were collecting around Mr. and Mrs. Arcus.

George was ready to lecture Fred when he finally caught a good glimpse of Cassandra's parents. They were quite beautiful, fully pampered, though stuffy. Eleanor Arcus, a name he had overheard Pucey's mother call her, looked just like Cassandra, only older and more serious with wrinkles on her face from a constant frown. George would make sure Cassandra would never develop those lines, as long as he was with her his goal was to always see that precious smile.

Though he probably wouldn't be around long enough to see her age, to stop the lines. He would be a distant memory by then. It fully sunk in for the first time tonight, he was at her engagement ball. To another man.

Sand was slipping through their hourglass, time was running out.

George had half an idea to stop this, to walk up to the stiff Mr. Arcus and tell him to call it all off, to tell him just how much his daughter meant to him. He knew he couldn't though, he really wanted to.

Cassandra finally arrived back in the ballroom, still fidgeting with her dress. Fixing loose strands of hair that weren't loose before. Luna quickly attached to her side, "Lovey you're missing some rhinestones from your hair. I might have some in my—"

Her mother finally found her, jerking her away from Luna and dragging her up to the front of the room with Adrian. Eleanor held her wand up to her throat, letting her voice project, "Good evening everyone, thank you so much for joining us for this celebration of blossoming love and happiness."

"Yeah that's likely," the twins whispered to each other in unison, sarcasm dripping off their tongues.

"As tradition we would like to end our evening with a dance from our happy couple! Cassandra and Adrian please make your way to the center of the floor!" Her mother announced.

Adrian's large hand was crushing hers as he grudgingly led them to the center, placing a hand around the small of her back, starting their slow dance.

During their dance, their bodies were rigid. Cassandra felt so uneasy with everyone's eyes on her, as if they could see her treachery. Like they could see the evidence of sin she felt slowly oozing down her thighs.

The world was spinning too fast, she needed her anchor. She stole a few glimpses in his direction, though she should have remembered, all eyes on her.

Especially his cerulean eyes, flitting in the direction hers were as he danced with his future wife. Her eyes weren't on him, the man she was dancing with, and he knew it.

At a young age, Cassandra recalled her Mother telling her of the history of the Arcus line, how the name originated from the curved clouds that were often found before a thunderstorm.

Cassandra Arcus had always felt dark, gloomy... always found the last name fitting. Though, she had no idea how soon the storm would be. 

THE OUTFITS!!! 

There may be a possible Easter egg or clue as to what will happen in the near future in one of the images. ;) 

Cassandra Arcus (There are a few different examples and body types, so you can imagine whatever you'd like):  

 Cassandra's hair and makeup: 

Adrian Pucey: 

George & Fred Weasley: 

Luna Lovegood: 

Neville Longbottom & Hannah Albott: 

Cho Chang: 

Theodore Nott & Pansy Parkinson: 

Blaise Zabini & Draco Malfoy: 

Narcissa Malfoy, Annalise Pucey, & Eleanor Arcus: 

Was this extremely time consuming? Yes.  Was this necessary? No.  But it was fun so I hope you all enjoyed :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 61.2K 68
Hanging over George's back, you grunted, "Seriously, put me down, Weasley." He shook his head and laughed gleefully while he carried you downstairs...
313K 9.4K 63
A Fred and George love story: 18+ While Eleanor prepares for her life after the battle of Hogwarts. She finds herself back in Diagon alley, starting...
83K 2.1K 52
Fred Weasley & Draco Malfoy love triangle fan fic Includes: Adult / sexual material / rated mature so please read if you are of appropriate age Celes...
92.2K 2.3K 33
Two years after the war Rae Bailey is running her mom's shop and quite successfully at that. Rae lives a quiet life except for the occasional fun wee...