Broken Glass

PLEASE READ (and please read the end note as well)

🚨TW: Physical violence, Verbal abuse, blood🚨

This is an extremely heavy chapter with very stressful content. If you are not in the right headspace, I strongly advise skipping to the summary which, per normal, a summary will be placed at the very end of this chapter. 

Once again, this story is for mature audiences and contains many mature themes. While we are on wattpad, this doesn't always refer to smut. Possible TW/CW were placed in the author's note and are in every chapter with content I believe may be challenging for some.

Another reminder that this fic is NOT for children or preteens!  

The absolute LAST thing I want to do is upset any of my lovely readers so I once again implore you to skip to the very end of the chapter if this content would be too much. The summary/ author's notes are always in bold so you'll know when to stop to read. Hopefully I've made it so you can still continue to enjoy this fic even if some chapters need to be skipped. I love you all and I'm so thankful for each and every reader. 

Please trust me through this process, I have an overarching game plan that is beginning to unfold. 

Cassandra was half tempted to turn around, apparate to another land, flee the country..anything but this. He saw her though and stopped in his tracks, staring her down.

After mustering up some strength, she crossed the threshold of the doorway, stepping into the lowlighted apartment.

"You alright honey?" She inquired, swallowing the congealed lump caught in her throat. Her eyes flicked over her apartment, seeing the mess he had created.

Broken glass from a whiskey bottle. Her clothes up and down the hallway. Books thrown off the shelves.

His thin lips turned upwards on only one side before a rage-stuttered laugh started to bubble up from deep within his chest. "Alright?....Am I alright?" He was fully laughing now like a banshee, making her stomach twist.

"You act like i'm so clueless, so stupid...you think you've fooled me," Adrian spat his words like venom.

Cassandra choose to ignore his comment, deciding that playing dumb would be the safest way to deflate the heavy tension in the air. "I don't know what you mean...I don't think your a fool—"

He snapped, his voice raising, "Shut up! I know what you've done! You can't lie anymore!"

The weight in her chest was becoming too much, her heart felt ready to explode, yet she tried to stay calm. Adrian walked over to the kitchen island, grabbing a new bottle of whiskey or bourbon and flicking off the lid. He chugged the bottle for a second, not even wincing as the liquor burned his throat. He lifted two fingers, with a small little trinket placed between them.

Cassandra only leaned forward to get a better view, never closing the distance between them. The trinket was her shiny metallic 'W' pin.

"Don't act innocent, you and I both know what this means," He threw the pin behind his back, hearing the clinking of it as it hit the ground.