Flowers Fall

Song Recommendation: Will be commented within the story...I dont want to give anything away just yet ;)

The flowers in the office have wilted. No longer soft to the touch. Petals poisoned with parasitic pollution.

Cassandra didn't seem to mind the deterioration as she stared at them, watching a crinkled petal fall to the desk. Something new was blossoming within, she just hadn't identified it yet.

She barely noticed the door open, the man behind her calling her name.

"Cassandra you should be upstairs right?" He stated.

She turned to him, smiling at the familiarity, cupping his face, kissing him softly on the mouth. "Yeah honey, I'll head upstairs."

She left without a second thought, without looking back, without recognizing the shocked look of the man's face.

Fred's face.

He stood there paralyzed for a moment, bewildered by his twin's girlfriend who had never mixed them up before.

Fred was conflicted with whether to tell George or not, knowing how he constantly worried about her nowadays. George had told him just this morning how he thought Cassandra was almost fully healed. He couldn't stand to crush his upbeat spirits.

Besides, people constantly mixed the two of them up, it actually allowed half of their pranks to work due to their likeness. How could he worry about Cassandra when his own mother couldn't even tell them apart?

With that reasoning Fred continued on his day as if nothing had happened. He couldn't fault her for a silly mixup.

George had spent the morning wearing the biggest smile, pushing his cheeks up to sit high on his face.

He and Cassandra had frequent intimacy but, something about last night felt different. Better (if that was even possible). Perfect. The best sex of his life. Something in it felt like the world had shifted its gravity, revolving around only them now.

For the first time in their entire relationship, he didn't feel wrong for fantasizing about a future with her. Those daydreams were no longer guilty pleasures. 

Maybe their future was near, just around the corner, just within reach.

He kept glancing at the time, so eager to see her on his lunch break. The store was filled to the brim today, many people were coming in for the big sale.

Around twenty minutes later was when George normally took a break, yet he looked over to his left, seeing Fred managing a long time at the cash register.

He sighed, knowing what he should do. He walked over, tapping him on the shoulder. "Freddie, you go take lunch, I'll cover the register."

"Really mate?" Fred didn't look up the coins he was counting, quickly making exact change and handing it to the customer.

"Yeah you've done a lot for me recently, go on then."

George watched Fred bounce up the stairs to get lunch, feeling his own stomach growl. He desperately wanted to talk to Cassandra about her possibly moving in, at least get a feel for what she wanted for her future but, chatting and lunch would have to wait.

__________