Undesirable Milestones

TW: harsh, upsetting language. Potential stressful/mature content for readers!

This chapter is somewhat emotional. As stated in "Author's Note", if a TW is present at the top of a chapter there will be a summary at the very end (so far the only exception to this has been Chapter 15!). If you do not feel in the right mental space to read potentially emotionally draining content, please feel free to skip this one. You can still continue to read the rest of the story by reading the provided summary. 

Mental health is extremely important so if you need someone to listen, I'm here for you all, send me a message! Also, please contact me if you need any source of mental health resource. 

A/N: Song recommendation: "Horns" by: Bryce Fox (for later in the chapter, you'll know when😉 but I'll comment when I'd turn the song on) 

Cassandra felt sick. She felt physically ill from the weight placed on her shoulders. From the weight of the golden band wrapped tightly around her left ring finger.

She peaked a glance down at it, the large marquise cut sparkling white diamond, suffocating her. 

It was captivating...well it would have been from someone else.

Last night kept replaying her mind, the shrieks of excitement from the mothers, the curt nod from her father. She hated the fucking nod, yet craved it so much. Damnit.

She could still hear Mrs. Pucey excitedly talking about the wedding. Oh fuck...wedding.

Wedding. Mrs. Cassandra Pucey...She sounds like such a miserable woman.

The thought of it made her break into a cold sweat, she jumped out of the empty bed to throw on her work clothes. She looked at the diamond again before ripping it off her finger and shoving it in the pocket of her vest. 

Damnit. What the hell am I gonna tell George? The entire ordeal made her stomach churn, causing her to skip breakfast as she headed out on the alley.

The shop was approaching with each step. Its energy always seemed to calm her, now setting her nerves on fire. She pulled the door open, thankfully the only ginger giant in sight was Fred.

"Good morning Fred," She spoke, only to receive a grunt in return.

"What's wrong with you?" Cassandra asked.

Without looking at her he replied, "Angelina and I broke it off."

"Oh Freddie I'm so sorry...what happened?"

Before he could answer George appeared beside them. "They aren't exactly broken up, they are just taking a break, they've done it before. Just shagging other people until they are bored and come back, right Freddie?"

"Hey!...but yeah that's right."

Cassandra forced herself to smile, to try to normal. "Well it sounds like you are both in agreement then...nothing to worry about then Freddie." She couldn't say the same for herself. 

"Told ya mate. Anyways, morning darling." George bent down and planted his lips on hers, receiving an irritated groan and eye roll from Fred.

"Really? Just rub it in my face why don't you." Fred stalked off, secretly sending them the finger as he pretended to scratch his forehead.