Healing Nature

By RSPBLiterature

Locked away for over 30 years in Arkham resides a prisoner who has seemingly seen it all. But can two strange... More

1. Till Death do us part
2. A High Bar
3. So you need a crew?
4. Finding Mr right
5. Being Harley Quinn
6. You're a damn good cop, Jim Gordon
7. The Line
8. L.O.D.R.S.V.P
9. A seat at the table
10. Bensonhurst
11. Harley Quinn Highway
12. Devil's Snare
13. The Final Joke
14. New Gotham
15. Riddle U
16. Trapped
17. Thawing Hearts
18. Batman's Back man
19. All Best inmates have Daddy Issues
20. There's no place to go but Down
21. Inner (Para) Demons
22. Bachelorette
24. A fight worth fighting for
25. Lover's quarrel
26. The Runaway Bridesmaid
27. HarlIvy
28. There's No Ivy In Team
29. The 83rd Annual Villy Awards

23. Dye Hard

11.7K 353 118
By RSPBLiterature

Harley and Ivy were currently in the mall locked in a heated discussion.

"Harley We have talked about this. We cannot do this. We said that we weren't gonna do it and then we did it again." Ivy says to her.

"Wait, why can't we do this?" Harley asks her. 

"Because... you're my best friend, and I can't stand the idea of losing you. You know? I..." 

"You don't have to." Harley says to her. "We'd be closer than we've ever been before. Well, not closer than the other night,  I mean, that was crazy."

"Yeah, that was fucking crazy." Ivy comments. 

"But Ive don't you and Y/n want to feel this way all the time? Our whole lives could be going around the world saving nature, partying, getting free stuff. It would be so fun! I love you guys. Just think about it, okay?" 

"Harls that weekend was so special. Amazing, really. And you're right, that we have had these high highs together. But..." Ivy sighs now. "Harley, you run from one thing to the next, and at some point that's gonna be me or Y/n. And the truth is, I trust you with my life, but I don't trust you with my heart. So, I... I'm not sure I can do this." Ivy admits to Harley who looks devastated. "I'm sorry Harley." Ivy says walking past Harley looking sad herself. The idea had appealed to Ivy but her unwillingness to get hurt was proving to difficult to look past. Ivy walks past Harley now as she walks out of the mall.

Harley could now hear an ongoing conversation getting closer  

"How can he call himself Batman if he's not part bat? He's just a dude who dresses up like a bat. That's animal appropriation." King Shark says.

"Hey, everybody!" Harley says as she wipes her tears away now and turns around with a sad grin. "How was Freeze's bachelor party?" She asks King Shark and Clayface. 

"I got married and saved the Oceanic Trade Federation. Other than that, pretty chill." King Shark answers. 

"How was Nora's bachelorette bash?" Clayface asks.

"It was great. It was so great. Emotionally low stakes, you know. I had a great time. Ivy had a great time. We slept in separate beds... Normal bachelorette stuff. So, yeah... Well, hey! I'm just, I'm ready to keep the party going! Who wants to get a drink with me? One or two? Or a few drinks? Or a lot of drinks? Drink so much we forget the last 48 hours or maybe more?" Harley asks. 

"Oh. I'd love to but I gotta be with my wife, Tabitha. Sunday's are big at her family. They are very religious." King Shark says.

"What about you, Clayface?" Harley asks him.

"I, too, am spending this evening with a paramour. His name is Tony. And he's the only award show that matters." Clayface informs her as they give Harley a wave before leaving the mall. 

"Okay, have fun, guys..." Harley says sounding disappointed. Harley sighs as she takes out her phone and looks at it the screensaver that was a picture of herself, Ivy and Y/n. 

At that moment Sy in his wheelchair rolls in as he notices Harley's sour mood. "A landlord always knows two things." He starts. "When an oven's busted, 'cause ya can't charge rent without a working oven... " He chuckles at his joke. "And when a tenant's blue. So, spill it, hon, or I could get my torture kit?" 

"It's just, everybody's got somebody special in their lives, except me..." Harley admits now.

 "So what? You don't need a lover to be happy. Do the thing that makes you happy. Life is about feeding your soul!" Sy tells her. 

"Yeah, no. I'm just gonna go out and boink the fuck out of somebody." Harley says now in the hopes it will help her forget.

Harley burst through the door to a high class bar as she wore a dress that suits her normal colour scheme. Her hair was also now down as she tried to glam herself up.

"Let's get this party started, bitches! Harley Quinn's here and she's down to clown!" Harley shouts as the patrons all look at her. A waiter however clears his throat as he approaches Harley.

"Do you have a reservation?" He asks. 

"Um, no." Harley replies holding her arm now. 

"You'll have to clown at the bar, then." The waiter informs her and Harley sighs.

Y/n was sat down on a couch in Chuck's apartment as he looked down at an old puzle cube in his hands with a furrowed expression.

"And that's when he kicked my ass..." Kiteman comes to the end of a sentence but he just sees Y/n looking at the cube. "So uh...How was the couch? I was a bit surprised when you asked to stay at mine after the Batchelor party. In fact you disappeared entirely."

"It proved to suit my sleeping needs adequately." Y/n replies ignoring Kiteman's statement of him disappearing. Y/n places the cube down now on Kiteman's coffee table.

"Something on the old mind?" Kiteman asks now. 

"I need to obtain the Glaze Lillie's I gave to Ivy and take them to Freeze." Y/n says to himself as Kiteman watches him. "Although, that may prove difficult given we are not on speaking terms at the moment." Y/n then comments.

"Did you have a falling out with Ivy and Harley?" Kiteman asks surprised.

Y/n just closes his eyes as he groans ever so slightly to himself.

"We have not, fallen out." Y/n tells him unwilling to give the reason. 

"So, why can't you talk?" Kiteman asks confused. 

"You asked me before if I liked Ivy or Harley. I can say that I do not...dislike them." Y/n answers awkwardly.

"Well...that's a start." Kiteman awkwardly says. "But I was more pushing towards the love side of the scale..." But Kiteman stops when he see Y/n get up and leave through the front door.

"Okay...Do not bring up love talk, gotcha..." Kiteman says to himself.

Harley was sat bored at the bar where she is being hit on by upper-class man that she has no taste for. "Room for Squares is, of course, a classic, but it's really John Mayer's third album when he solidified the John Mayer sound." One of the men says to her as Harley looks bored. "So, my place or yours?" He asks. 

"Actually, I'm just gonna stop talking to you right now." Harley says disappointing him as he gets up and leaves. Harley sips her drink now. "God. The guys in this place suck." She complains to herself. 

"Yeah, well, they beat the food. But what do you expect from a Wayne?" The Bartender jokes and it manages to make Harley chuckle. 

"That's the first funny thing a guy's said to me all night." She says.

"If you like that, I got plenty more jokes." The Bartender says turning around and Harley immediately recognises him as the man who used to be the Joker.  

"You gotta be fuckin' kiddin' me." Harley groans. 

The GCPD was back in running order now as all the old officers were in uniform and busy helping citizens. Jim walked in now with a report in his hand. "I want a squad of men and a single woman over to the oil refinery district, ASAP. Those Parademon bastards are chugging down oil like a desperate teen to Benadryl. Then send another unit, same gender ratio, to Gotham Park." He instructs as he comes to a stop in front of a map. And a third crew to..." Jim looks up at the map now. "Jesus! Those hell-rats are spreading faster than chlamyd' on my knob!" 

"Where, sir?" A officer asks him. 

"My privates! Where else would an STD spread?" Jim says dumbfounded.

"I meant where do you want the third squad, sir?" The officer follows up with.

"Oh. The harbor." Jim says now.   

Another officer enters with a box now. "Commissioner, sir! This came for you." He says handing it to Jim.

"Oh! Gotta be the new Dave Barry book I ordered. Every time I read this guy's stuff I'm like... "That's pretty funny." Jim says but as he opens the box he sees a note inside that reads "Go to the Roof!" With a batsymbol attached. "The Dark Knight needs me." Jim says as he quickly heads to the rooftop. As he steps onto it he can see the Batwing. "Oh! He remembered."

The cockpit to the Batwing opens now as Batman appears on the screen. "Jim, get in." He says as Jim's face lights up with glee. 

Back at the mall Sy had fallen asleep in his chair as he snored to himself. "No, don't go in, Magnum." He sleep talks but a loud noise suddenly startles him awake but he sees Psycho. 

"Oh. It's you. I thought ya left the crew." Sy says to the small man.  

"I'm so sorry, I would've called but I never got your phone number." Psycho says sarcastically. 

"Oh, well, mine's 203..." Sy starts. 

"Don't care. I'm gonna get my stuff and head out." Psycho tells him. 

"So you're really gonna just leave Harley after everything she did for you? Okay look, I'm in a very zen place, and we have very different goals. I wanna trounce the skulls of my fallen foes, and she wants to... I don't know, do whatever someone with a moral compass does." Psycho says. 

"You ungrateful little shit! You leave the dance with the one you brought!" Sy tells him. 

Riddler can be heard chuckling nearby and the two turn to see Riddler who was now incredibly buff and in shape thanks to all the running he had been doing. "Riddle me this..." He starts. 

"Oh, shut the fuck up!" Psycho screams stopping him. "Can't you see I'm trying to elegantly end this conversation with this mechanical fossil? Good luck getting out again, fuck head!" He finishes screaming at Riddler before he turns to Sy again. "Alright, so I fortified the shackles on that hamster wheel. It's basically impenetrable. Feed him at 5:00, shock him at 7:00. Maybe a snack at 9:00 if he's good." Psycho informs him before he turns to Riddler again. "Have fun dying alone, you fuckin' freak!" Psycho says as he presses a button that shocks Riddler before handing it to Sy.  "Smell ya later, old man." Psycho says now as he walks out of the mall with his stuff.

Y/n had finished climbing onto the rooftop of old apartment block Ivy, himself and Harley had shortly lived in before the Earthquake caused by Joker's collapsing tower. The panes of glass to Ivy's skyline had long since shattered  Y/n grimaces as he jumps down and lands with a crack. He groans for a moment as his veins begin glow and repair his body.

With his body now healed up again Y/n begins to look around the apartment. He noticed that the plant life was flourishing despite the face that he, Harley and Ivy had to long abandon the apartment as living quarters. 

"Intriguing..." He comments  

A glistening of blue however caught his eyes attention however and he turn his head to look at a plant sat in a pot. 

"So, She actually grew them..." Y/n says as his fingers delicately brush the blue petals of the flower before him.

Back at the high class bar Harley was sat on her phone as she sent a text to Y/n and Ivy that read 'You won't believe who I ran into...again.' 

"Jiminy, you look familiar. Do I know you?" The bartender asks Harley now startling her a little.

"No! No, no, I have a very common look." Harley replies. 

"Oh, I remember you from Noonan's!" He says suddenly however while making several drinks. "You probably don't remember me because I was a low-rent barback, and now I'm an upscale bartender. It's a meteoric rise virtually unheard of in this industry." He says looking up from the drinks to see Harley walking away. "Hey! Wait, hold on. Can I offer you a Wayne fashioned? It's like an old fashioned, but more expensive." 

"Ya think all ya gotta do is buy me one spirit-forward drink and I'll go gushy for ya? Uh, not gonna happen." Harley says pointing at him.

"Whoa, to be clear, I'm not trying to hit on you. I'm unbelievably happy with my wonderful girlfriend. Mmm, sweet as pie." The bartender says happily and Harley just groans. 

"Why couldn't you have just died?" Harley says to herself now. 

"Gosh, I love her. And our kids. Well, you know, her kids, but gosh darn it if they don't feel like mine, y'know?" The Bartender asks her. 

"I don't know, and I don't need to know. All I know is, right now, you're the last person I wanna be around! I'm hittin' a different bar." Harley says fed up now.

"Hoo, boy. Good luck. Every watering hole around here has been infested with Parademons." The Bartender says now causing Harley to stop as she turns around annoyed. "Except this one on account of the..." The bartender is interrupted by a two Parademons smashing into a window but not shattering it.  "...bulletproof glass." The bartender chuckles. "Yep, the top of Wayne tower is the safest bar in town." He declares but at that moment the doors to the bar are burst open by five men in ski masks armed with guns frightening the patrons.

"Hey, everybody! Sorry to alarm you, but you're in a hostile hostage situation." The group leader calls out. Harley was unaware that this man happened to be Gus, the man who had looking over Y/ and Ivy back during the Planetwide Paver's incident. Harley was backing away towards a door near the bar now unnoticed.

"Hi, how are you doing?" Gus asks but one of his goons fires their gun in the air frightening everyone. "Geez, Nicholas. Not that hostile. I'm sorry, everyone, it's his first day." Gus apologises.

The Bartender notices Harley now. "Hey, where are you going? I've read your best chance of survival is giving up easily." He says stopping her. 

"Yeah, normally, I'd go beat the shit out of 'em, but I'm havin' a night and wanna be able to return this dress." She says annoyed 

"So, you're just gonna escape?" The Bartender asks her. 

"Uh, yeah." Harley says getting distracted now by him as she begins to crawl on the floor. "I'm not spending my big night out here,  and certainly not with the likes of you." She says back but accidently manages to get caught out by Gus due to her being distracted. 

"Oh, sugar. We got a wild one." Gus sighs before he hits Harley with his gun knocking her out.

The lock to Ivy's apartment click as the door slowly began to slide open. 

On the other side of it was Ivy who sighed as she looked at the mess of her old apartment. "About as fucked up as my love life in here..." She comments to herself as she enters and begins to look around as she does however something begins to bother her. She takes a closer look and notices that something appeared to be missing. "Oh what the shit..." Ivy says as she finally looks the empty spot where the Glaze Lilly's had been potted.

Harley's eyes began to slowly open now as she regained conciseness, but as she did she could see the Bartender and herself were handcuffed together on the floor. "You gotta be kidding me." She says.

Gus was on a radio as he communicated to the GCPD. 

"Look, bud, all we're asking is that you release the swanky hostages." The negotiator says.

"Not gonna happen until I get $50 million!" Gus says into the radio.

"I'll wire it to you right now! Please!" One of the hostage calls out.  

"Hold your horses, I wasn't done. But let's defiantly sidebar after." Gus says to the hostage before returning to the radio. "Also, gonna need a W76-2 nuclear warhead on a Trident II D5 missile..." 

"I'm a military contractor. You can have it. Just don't shoot!" Another hostage says. 

"Wow. Okay. Well, you know, while we're here... I'm also gonna need a pair of game-worn Air Jordan 2 OG's." Gus adds now.

"Would ya stop starin' at me?" Harley says annoyed to the bartender now.

"Sorry, it's just... this is gonna sound crazy, but... since we're not going anywhere anytime soon... after the first time we met, I had a dream about you! Boy was it wacky." He exclaims. 

"Wacky how?" Harley asks confsued. 

"We were on a yacht with these bankers. And get this: we were a couple! Right? Us? No way! That bleached skin gives me the heebie-jeebies. It's gross." He starts but Harley frowns. "I mean, no offense! But in the dream, I was so filled with rage, I robbed the bankers." 

"You didn't set them on fire, did you?" Harley asks slightly worried now.

"Wait. You had the same dream?" He asks her and Harley grows more concerned. "Freaaaky." 

"Yes! A dream. Never happened. Pure fiction. Not canon. Ignore it." Harley says trying to get him to brush it off. 

"It's like meeting you triggered some... Well, darn it, it felt like a past life!" The bartender begins to ramble as Harley spots a vent they can use to escape but a guard was stood nearby to it. "Funny, huh?" The bartender finishes but Harley begins to move pulling him with her as he has to follow. "What are you doing?"

"I'm getting us the fuck out of here for fuck sakes." Harley says. 

"Please don't use profanity." The bartender says.

"How much do you weigh?" Harley asks him as she looks at the goon guarding the vent. 

I did a Paleo November, and now I'm fitting into my skinny cords." The Bartender says proudly. "So, I'm guessing around 170..." 

"Uh! Never mind." Harley says as she grabs his arm and uses her strength to pick him up and slam him into the unaware goon who hits the wall. "This! Night! Sucks!" Harley says as she repeatedly stomps the goon in the face.

 Once they were down Harley removed the vent cover before climbing in with the bartender who was looking nervous as the were crawling through the vent and he looked back. "Um, I think you just straight up killed that guy back there. -Do you wanna talk about it, or..."

"No." Harley says. 

"Are you sure? My girlfriend says I'm a good listener. Sometimes too good." The bartender says now. 

"On what occasion would that be? Because you have not shut the fuck up all night!" Harley says annoyed. 

"It just seems to me like you have something going on." The bartender comments.

"Trust me, you're not someone I can talk to about this." Harley says. 

"Why not? A bartender is basically like a therapist. So, come on!" He pushes  

"Harley gives in with a sigh now  "I told my best friends I love them."

 "There it is. Wait both?" The Bartender says. 

"One is too afraid of relationships due their circumstances and the other one doesn't trust me enough to love me back." Harley says sadly. 

"Well you can't love without trust." The Bartender says to her now.

"I thought I was fine bein' alone after my relationship with Jok..." Harley however stops herself realising who was next to her and she begins to cover it up. "esph... fina... stein." 

"Joksephfinastein? Sounds Flemish." The bartender comments. 

"No one knew his backstory. Anyway, he was a total abusive dick, hell-bent on utter destruction and the world's better off without him!" Harley says now. 

"You go, girl! Having a good vent in a literal vent. Come on! Keep on going!" The Bartender encourages.

The Batwing was flying through the sky as it used a net gadget to catch Para-demons that were flying through the skies of Gotham. Inside the Batwing was a bored Gordon. "This sucks. I'm not even doing anything." He says.

Back in the Batcave Batman was piloting the Batwing remotely. "That's not true. You get to hit the button." He says to Gordon. 

"But I wanna fly the plane. Be a part of the action! At least let me shoot a sweet missile." Batman hears Gordon complain on the radio as Alfred slowly walks in carrying a tray of tea now.

"Okay. It takes years of training to expertly control the Batplane." Batman says to him.

"But, Batman, I wanna!" Gordon whines and Batman groans muting the radio.

"Alfred, this is ridiculous. Why don't you let me go out there already? 

Your city needs you healed, Master Bruce. I won't allow you to return to action prematurely, again." Alfred stresses. "Besides, it's only Parademons." 

Batman picks up of hot cocoa and sips it before spitting it out. "It's too hot." He complains returning it to the tray.

"You could wait, Master Wayne." Alfred suggests. 

"Yes, Alfred... I could." Batman replies causing Alfred to roll his eyes as he picks up the cup now and blows on it to cool it down. 

Gordon was still sat bored in the Batwing when he looks out the window noticing something. "Huh? Batman! Are you seeing this? Gunfire at Wayne Tower. Come on, big guy! Give papa some action." 

Batman sighs. "Fine. Don't scratch the paint." He says conceding.

"Booya!" Gordon says excited as the batwing heads towards Wayne tower now. 

 Y/n was now in Freeze's latest lair with the Glaze Lilly's he had taken from Ivy's apartment.

"I trust you have a collection of medical equipment?" Y/n asks as he looks around.

"I have some medical equipment yes, but nothing compared to like before or the lab you have set up at the mall." Freeze tells him.

"The mall is currently not an option." Y/n stops him. "You're small research equipment shall be enough. I plan to produce a serum using this." Y/n says as he indicates to the potted Glaze Lilly in his arms.

"A serum?" Freeze asks. "That is far more of an advanced stage then we have been dealing with to so far."  

"I am advancing our tests to a more progressive stage." Y/n says as he walks past Freeze now. 

Freeze however looked skeptical of the idea.

Back in Wayne tower Harley and the bartender had exited the vent. "I just feel so alone without Y/n and Ivy! I mean, sure, there are some things I could've done differently. Okay! At the end of the day, I'm too impulsive and I go around 'causing messes and never clean 'em up." Harley complains. 

"Aw! Doesn't it feel good just to say it out loud?" The Bartender asks her as they walk through a corridor and onto a catwalk in a large room. 

"No!" Harley stresses.

"Harley?" A voice cuts her off however and she and the bartender look down to see the Riddler stood next to a device on a podium. "Well, well, well..." 

"Riddler?" Harley asks.

" ...if it isn't the simple clown herself." Riddler comments.

"How did you..." Harley begins to ask.

"Get here?" Riddler cuts her off. "Well, I escaped the mall. Then, I orchestrated a hostage situation upstairs as a distraction, so I could sneak in here to grab this baby." Riddler explains as he says picking up the device next to him. "Classic misdirect." 

"Yeah, yeah, great. But, I was gonna say, how did ya get so buff?" Harley asks him. 

"Hmm? Oh. Spending every waking moment running on that hamster wheel gets you shredded. I mean, check out these quads... wait, wait, wait. Is that Joker?" Riddler points to the Bartender. 

"Oh, my, you think I look like the Joker?" The Bartender asks with a laugh but it soon quickly turns into a manic laugh worrying Harley who covers his mouth stopping him. 

"Nope, no! He's just a bartender who gives great, non-judgmental advice." Harley quickly says now. 

"Well, either way, you're both gonna die." Riddler laughs as he raises his Riddle stick and it fires at the Harley at the bartender who begin to run back the way they came. 

Kiteman was sat on his couch playing video games when the door to his apartment knocked. 

"Just a sec..." Kiteman says as he tries to complete a level he was on but dies. He sighs and puts the controller down before getting up and opening the door.

"Oh...Well this is awkward..." He says to himself.

Stood in front of the door was Ivy. "Hey..." She says feeling awkward herself. "I'm just looking for Y/n. Is he here?" She asks.

"Um, he was then he left saying something about a lilly plant and then something about Freeze." Kiteman tells her. 

Ivy just sighs. "Right, So he took it. Thank you." She says before turning to leave. 

"Oh wait!" Kiteman suddenly says and she stops. "One second." He says as she moves from his door and heads back inside. Ivy crosses her arms and taps her foot on the floor. 

"He left this when he was here by mistake." Kiteman says as he holds up the puzzle cube that belonged to Y/n. "Could you give it back to him?" Kiteman asks as he hands it to her. 

Ivy looks down at the cube in her hand now and she recognises it as the one she had seen his memories. "Sure..."

Two goons were sat on swivel chairs in a room filled with gadgets as they smoked. "Sure, I moved back to Gotham to see 'em, but what if my kids don't want to see me?" One of the goons sighs.

"Don't say that, Carl." The other goon reassures him.

"Yeah, but it's been seven long years. I left 'em when they needed me most." Carl says now. 

"You can't keep blaming yourself for the past. You need to forget." The other goon says to him. 

"Maybe they're better off without me." Carl sighs but a beeping gets his and he other goons attention as a door opens with Harley and the Bartender rushing in. Carl and the goo look at each other before drawing their guns and firing at the two. Harley pulls the bartender with her as they only just narrowly miss being shot and take cover behind a large worktop. A highpowered laser was powered up on the worktop as bullet that flew it was sliced in half in an instant. Harley is quick to form an idea.

"Tuck in any fingers you wanna keep!" She says to the bartender as she moves the cuffs to the laser and it is cut into pieces freeing to two. Now free Harley picks up what looks like a gun on the table and fires it. A beam comes out of the other end as it hits Carl and the two goons stop firing.  

"Oh. What'd that do?" Carl asks confused as he looks over himself. 

"I don't know." Harley says but the other goon looks to see where Harley had picked up the gun from and he gasp. 

"Oh, no. Carl, I'm so sorry... It's a cancer ray." He says. 

"Harley Quinn, you gave me cancer?" Carl asks. 

"Why would they even make this?" Harley says dropping the gun. 

"Well, that's it, Kev. I'm gonna go spend the holidays with my kids." Carl says as he runs out of the room now. 

"I'm so sorry!" Harley cries out to him as she watches him go while Harley was calling out to him the goon called Kev picks up a device off the table and throws it at Harley. It attaches to her before letting out a large electric shock that incapacities her. Kev turns to the bartender now.

"No, no, please." He calls as Kev grabs his throat. "Please, please... Ow!" The bartender looks to find something he can use to help him but all he sees his a pencil. He quickly picks it up stabbing Kev in the eye killing him. The Bartender looks at the body before he begins to manically laugh again.  

"No." Harley says as she begins to regain feeling in her body adn she gets up. "No, no, no. No, no, no, no!" She cries as she slaps the bartender hard in the face. 

"Ow! My blood sugar must be crashing. Is there a vending machine around here?" The bartender ask as Harley guides him to an elevator now but as they get in the bartender gasps seeign Kev. "Did you kill another person?" He asks Harley. 

"Let's just chopper out of here." Harley says as she repeatedly presses a button in the elevator that says heliport.

"All that gratuitous violence. Yuck. This is why I don't like TV today." The bartender comments.  

"Violence ups the dramatic effect." Harley simply says. 

"I got enough drama in my life. Just once, I'd like to watch something where two people fall in love, and experience no complications whatsoever. Oh, and they don't have sex till they're married." The bartender says causing Harley to shake her head.

The doors to the elevator open now but hovering above the helipad was the Batwing as it soon landed.

"Oh, my gosh, Batman?" The Bartender calls out excited but the cockpit soon opens to reveal Jim Gordon who jumps out. 

"Harley Quinn! And..." Jim starts but he looks at the smiling Bartender. "It's the Joker." He quickly says rushing at him. Harley raises her finger but before she can make her point the Bartender is subdued handcuffed. 

"I did it! I took down Batman's archenemy! On my own. Papa for the win!" Jim celebrates but the bartender begins to chuckle. 

"Gordo? Good to see ya, buddy!" He grins before he is thrown into the Batwing. "What's happening? Don't leave me in here!  Please, I don't like small spaces!" He calls out as the cockpits closes over him. 

"I knew it was only a matter of time until you two psychos started knocking boots again." Jim says to Harley now.  

"What? No. Uh! See, he's... Never mind, I'll explain later." Harley says face palming. 

"Harley!"  A voice calls out and she looks up to see Clayface and King Shark riding on Sy's wheelchair as the three touched down on the roof. 

"We came as soon as we got your text." King shark says. 

"Indeed! I paused the Tonys and I'm DVRing it, so no one tell me who won Best Lighting in a Musical. It was Howell Binkley, wasn't it? When's Japhy Weideman going to get his day in the fucking sun!" Clayface cries. 

"I didn't text anyone." Harley says confused. 

"Then who did?" Sy asks. 

The door to the roof opens now with the Riddler stood behind it device in hand. 

"Swole!" Clayface cries.

 "Did ya just run up 18 flights?" Harley asks unimpressed.

"Uh, try 19 and a half." Riddler says. 

 "How did you escape Psycho's fortified jail?" King Shark asks. 

"And get so hot without us knowing?" Clayface asks.

Dr Psycho appears now beside Riddler with a grin.

"Here ya go, pal." Riddler says as he places the device down on Psycho's head.  

"You know what, I lied. I did have your phone number. I actually had everyone's phone number! And I was the one who texted you all!" Psycho says revealing he had been behind everything.

"How dare you?" Clayface gasps.

"Yep! And get this... we actually like each other. A lot." Psycho says now. 

"You were working for Riddler all along." Harley accuses. 

"Um, actually..." Riddler starts. 

"He's with me." Psycho points out. 

"You're dating Riddler? Quel scandale!" Clayface comments. 

"Okay, we're not fucking! We're together!" Psycho shouts. 

"I see. Not using labels yet, are we? Too new, is it? Lot of changes, Psycho. Dating, hooking up, "baring ass." Call it what you will, I'm proud of you for finally being who you are." Clayface says. 

"We're in a business partnership based on mutual respect, idiot." Psycho explains before he turns to Harley now. "And you know what, he doesn't belittle me like you did, Quinn." 

"How did I belittle you?" Harley asks. 

"You never recognized my talent! You never let me shine!" He exclaims.

"And also, you hated working for a woman." Harley points out. 

"Okay, also I hated working for a woman! But who cares?" Psycho admits. 

"So, you and Ninja Turtle Calves are gonna fight us? Oh, please. You're a tiny man in a silly tinfoil hat." Harley says.  

Psycho growls. "All right, here we go!" He concentrates now as the device glows and suddenly every Para-demons' eye colour changes as they flock to Wayne tower surrounding it. 

"Maybe your gal-pal Ivy and the six hundred year old man can help! You wanna call her, maybe?" The bartender calls out from the Batwing cockpit. 

"No, I don't wanna get them wrapped up in this 'cause this... This is a very strong example of one of those messes I make I was tellin' you about." Harley says back. 

"This "tinfoil hat" amplifies brainwaves, supercharging my mind powers." Psycho begins to explain as he climbs onto one of Parademons' back.  "And with this bad boy, plus my new hobby of guided meditation, I can control every Parademon in the city."

"Oh, I see. He's doin' my old plan of takin' over Gotham to team up with Darkseid and rule the Earth." Harley comments. 

"Then I'm gonna take over Gotham  and team up with Dark..."

"She just said that." Jim says to Psycho stopping him. 

"Shit! Fuck." Psycho curses. "The point is, I'm gonna do what you never could, because you are a pussy."  

"Pussies are powerful. They birthed all of humanity!" Harley says to him.

"I was a C-Section." Jim comments from behind Harley. 

Psycho uses his powers to command the para-demons to attack Harley and the others now. 

"Bring it on! I'm hungry for Parademons!" King Shark cries as he bites a Para-demon in half.

"Stage combat!" Clayface says as he morphs his hand into a sharp weapon before slicing cutting down a few para-demons himself. Sy uses the gadgets on his wheelchair to take out a few. A couple of parademons made it to the cockpit of the Batwing where the sacred Bartender was trapped.

"Get me outta here!" He cries looking at all the buttons. "Not... This one! This one..." He shouts beofre pressing a button but it ends up knocking him out with an electrical charge instead. 

Harley ran at the Riddler now as she attempted to kick at his torso. "Wow. It's like straight steel." She comments.

"What's black, blue, and red all over?" Riddler asks as he twirls his riddle stick around. "Your ass when I beat it!" He cries as he swings the Riddlestick towards Harley as she flips over it. 

"I guess when the abs get harder, the riddles get dumber. Bring it, bitch." Harleys. 

A full brawl breaks out now with Harley taking on the Riddler Jim is eager to get involved. A para-demons lands on the roof near him and he draws his gun. "I've got this, boys." He says to Harley's crew confidently before firing only for it not to effect the Parademon who shrieks.  "And it's all you." Jim says leaving it Harley's crew now. It doesn't take long for Harley and the crew get the upperhand and she turn to Psycho.

"Give up, Psycho, and maybe I'll let you live as one of those orphans that builds Wayneboxes." She calls out to him. 

"Uh... I'm gonna pass!" Psycho says clicking his fingers creating an impenetrable telekinetic barrier around Wayne Tower. Jim fires at it only for it deflect the bullets and Psycho begins to laugh. "You thought this would be a fair fight?"

"You're going down!" King Shark cries but Psycho fires three beams at Harley's crew with King Shark and Clayface being brainwashed but the beam that hits Sy simply bounces off him.

"Why didn't it work on the old timer?" Psycho asks confused.

"Same reason I can't go to the airport: metal plates, baby!" Sy answers.

"God, you're old. Whatever. I'll kill you too." Psycho says annoyed. 

"Why don't you just brainwash me and end this?" Harley asks Psycho. 

"Oh, but where's the pizazz in that? It's way more fun to torture you with everything you love." Psycho says exicted as she, Sy and Gordon have to avoid being attacked by the brainwashed crew and Riddler. "This right here is exactly why you're a terrible supervillain. You know what, for too long I've been looked at as a joke, but when I'm through, people are gonna respect the name Dr. Psycho! With Batman and the Justice League gone, Gotham was yours for the taking, Harley. But you couldn't do it." Psycho says to her as she and SY are knocked down to the ground now without the support of Clayface and King Shark. "You know, I should thank you, Harley. If you never made me feel so small, I never would've known how big I could be." Psycho grins. Clayface and King Shark tower over Harley and SY now but suddenly a net flies in capturing them both and everyone looks to see Jim in the Batwing cockpit. Sy uses the distraction to fire a small rocket from his metal arm and it takes out Psycho's parademon as well as knocking the small man out. 

"Quinn, God I hate you, but I need your help." Gordon starts. "If we can break through the dome we can escape in the Batplane." 

"Can't you just use a bat-missile?" Harley asks him. 

"Yeah. We could, but sometimes I just don't feel like it. Or I don't wanna. All right, I'm not allowed to use them." Jim admits. 

"I'll do it." Sy says now. "I'll break through the dome." 

"What? Sy, that's suicide!" Harley says to him.

"Harley, dear." SY groans as he pushes himself up. "I'll admit, when you left the mall earlier tonight, I did not expect to be in this position. But it's a gift!" 

"Sy, you're... You're standing." Harley says tearing up.

"This is me feeding my soul, baby. Nothing would make me fuller than saving your tuchis and helping you take down that angry little shvants in a tux." Sy says pointing to Psycho who was getting up. "I never liked that one." 

"He's gonna kill all of us if you don't stop talking." Jim says on the Batwing speaker.

"Oh. You were the best landlord I've ever had." Harley says wiping her tears before she hugs Sy. "You always fixed our oven so fast, and you never judged me no matter how many times I flushed my tampons down the toilet." She cries.

As they pull away from the hug Sy pulls out one of his eyes now before placing it in Harley's hand and she looks down to see it is a metal eye.  "As long as you've got this, you've always got a friend." He says to her and Harley smiles before giving Sy a kiss on the cheek. He pushes her towards the Batwing now and Harley climbs in as Sy climbs back into his wheelchair. "Hey, Psycho!" Sy calls out getting the small man who was back on his feet's attention. "Thousands of years ago, my people, the Maccabees." Sy starts as one of his metal fingers turns into a key that he puts into a keyhole in his bellybutton. "Prayed for oil to last when they needed it most." Sy begins to explain as he sin turns red under immense strain and his veins glow an eclectic yellow colour. "Unlucky for you, that very same oil runs through my veins today!" Sy calls out as he begins to groan and focuses. He presses a button on his chair now as a rocket begins to power up in it. 

Harley was sat in the back of the batwing with the still passed out bartender as tears leaked down her face.

"Yes!" Jim cries out. "I mean darn. Ah, those Parademons took out the communications system. No more autopilot! Buckle up, Quinn. Papa's about to earn himself some wings." Gordon says throttling up the Batwing. It hovers in the air as Sy's chair shoots into the sky now going to fast for Psycho to use his powers to stop him as he and Riddler can do nothing but watch.

As Sy and the chair get close to the top of the barrier he begins to smile "I regret lots of things!" He cries as he reaches the top of the dome now and explodes in a massive explosion of energy that takes down the dome. The batwing flies through the free space now getting away.

"Fuck!" Psycho cries out angrily that they had managed to escape.

As the destroyed dome powers down, Gordon flies the Batplane away from Wayne Tower, skidding along buildings occasionally due to his lack of flight skills. "Okay, that was the plane's fault." He lies. "We need to take Psycho down, now. Who knows how much damage he can do with that helmet?"

 "Yeah, but how? It'd take, like, the entire Justice League to stop him." Harley says. 

The bartender pushes himself up now awake again now. "I had a dream about them, too. This is gonna sound crazy but they were stuck in a book." 

"What did ya just say?" Harley quickly ask him. 

"Yeah. It was this Book of Fables?" The Bartender says. 

"Yeah! Queen of Fables. How did you know that?" Harley asks him shocked. 

"Was in one of my dreams. I held a book with the entire Justice League in it." The bartender chuckles. "But, uh, you know, then I woke up and I don't remember the rest. Weird!" 

"Gordon, I need you to drop us off somewhere." Harley says to Jim who reluctantly agrees.

Y/n and Freeze were stood in a makeshift lab as they observed a blue liquid being slowly fed into a syringe.

"I believe we may have obtained a chemical agent in the Glaze Lilly you brought with you." Freeze says as he looks at the serum in a syringe closely. "But it lacks a final chemical compound to make it safe."

"Finding the missing ingredient is more than enough for myself." Y/n comments. "But who would have thought it would be the Glaze Lillies."

"If I had to Hypothesize." Freeze begins. "Perhaps there is no scientific explanation, It could simply be a fact you seem to have a unique relationship with these so called Glaze Lillie's. After all they hold no healing qualities when samples were taken, yet they seemed to slow down the process of your own healing quite significantly."

"Do you think it will work then?" Y/n asks him.

"If I had to make a prediction..." Freeze hums at Y/n's asking for his thoughts. "In theory I believe that this Glaze Lilly serum would not cure you of your healing powers." Freeze states and Y/n's brow furrows. "But I do believe it could affect your healing abilities." Freeze continues now. "In the tests, you healed at a much slower rate. If this were to a permeant thing It could effect your body in the long term, Meaning it could possibly allow you to age." Freeze suggests. "However it is just a theory." He points out. "Though I must ask, Why did you choose to use these Glaze Lillie's?" Freeze asks now.

"I have pondered on using a glaze Lily for several centuries." Y/n begins to reveal. "I never did so however as they too often remind me of my deceased wife." Y/n says and Freeze turns to look at a photo of himself and Nora in a photo frame nearby. "But I am running both out of options and ideas, If this serum will allow me to at least age then that may be a more viable solution."

"But It was just a theory." Freeze tells him. "There is guarantee it would work in that way, You must also understand that trying an unfinished and untested Serum such as this could have devastating effects, even for someone like you." Freeze warns him but Y/n just picks up the syringe now. He brings it up to his arm now and it injects himself while Freeze watches hesitantly.

The syringe soon becomes empty as it's contents are forced into Y/n's body.

"How do you feel?" Freeze asks Y/n both slightly worried but curious.

Y/n puts the syringe down now as he looks at his hand. "I feel...no difference." He comments before he sighs. "In the end, I suppose it didn't..." But as he was in the middle of his sentence a pain shot through Y/n's chest and he fell to the ground clutching it. His veins had begun to momentarily glow an intense gold for a few moments before their colour began to fade and Y/n fell onto his side on the lab floor.  

The door to a large catwalk opened with Harley looking uneasy as she walked in with the bartender.  "There's a lot of powerful memories here." She says uncomfortable to herself. 

"Is this your hideout? It's not very cozy. Let me call Beth. She has family in Central City. We could stay there till this whole mess blows over. Just me, Beth, the kids, and my new pal Harley Quinn." The bartender suggests.

"Nah, no, no, Ivy and Y/n were right. I keep makin' messes. I brought in the Parademons. I took in Psycho. I caused all of this. I can't keep runnin' from my messes. And the way I see it, cleanup starts with gettin' the Justice League out of that storybook." Harley says  decides that she cannot keep running from her mistakes anymore and that she has to finally start cleaning up the messes she makes.

"The storybook is real? Where is it?" The bartender asks shocked. 

"I don't know, but I think you do. Are you sure you can't just remember?" Harley asks him one final time.

"It's like I see the book, but... everything else is cloudy." The bartender replies.  

"That's disappointing because I really, really, really, don't wanna have to do this." Harley admits now as she grabs him.  

"Do what?" He asks.

Harley sighs knowing there is no other way. "I'll be seein' ya soon, Mistah J." She says before throwing him into the vat of acid chemicals below.

And that's the chapter! Wow a lot to digest with this Chapter. I m going to explain some quick things in case people didn't get it. Harley has basically confessed to Ivy she wants to be with her and Y/n, Y/n has admitted he likes Ivy and Harley and has injected himself in a desperate attempt to make himself more normal. I'm sorry if these things weren't obvious in chapter. I planned to have much more detail in Y/n and Ivy's seperate scenes but this is where I was struck with Covid and have not had enough time to catch up, heck this chapter only just about got out this week... I do hope it was decent enough though. What will happen next week though? Will Y/n survive and Will Joker return?  If you liked this chapter or the story in general then don't forget to leave a vote and comment below and I hope to see you all next week in...

A fight worth fighting for

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

90.1K 3.4K 49
Harley and Joker had their lives according to their will until they'd met an accident. As Batman was behind chasing after them, he saved her but lock...
494K 15.4K 40
Evangeline Striker. 25 years old. Has a PHD in psychology, and is a current Dr. at the Arkham Asylum. What happens when a past patient is back? Will...
794 12 11
(Batman x reader) It's hard living in your sisters' shadow. Who is your sister? Well, folks grab a seat, a drink, and some food it's going to be a lo...
4.8K 176 17
A year ago her parents died, well... more like she killed them, but it was an accident...sort of. After a bad day, she gets herself sent to Arkham A...