Healing Nature

By RSPBLiterature

Locked away for over 30 years in Arkham resides a prisoner who has seemingly seen it all. But can two strange... More

1. Till Death do us part
2. A High Bar
3. So you need a crew?
4. Finding Mr right
5. Being Harley Quinn
6. You're a damn good cop, Jim Gordon
7. The Line
8. L.O.D.R.S.V.P
9. A seat at the table
10. Bensonhurst
11. Harley Quinn Highway
12. Devil's Snare
13. The Final Joke
15. Riddle U
16. Trapped
17. Thawing Hearts
18. Batman's Back man
19. All Best inmates have Daddy Issues
20. There's no place to go but Down
21. Inner (Para) Demons
22. Bachelorette
23. Dye Hard
24. A fight worth fighting for
25. Lover's quarrel
26. The Runaway Bridesmaid
27. HarlIvy
28. There's No Ivy In Team
29. The 83rd Annual Villy Awards

14. New Gotham

13.9K 378 166
By RSPBLiterature

An emergency signal appeared on a television in the mall as everyone gathered around it. The Gotham broadcast system kicked into life and upon the screen appeared the President of the United States.  

"My fellow Americans, it's been decades since Gotham City once exemplified American prosperity." He begins. "But one week ago, it hit the point of no return when the Joker seized control and instituted martial law. Last night, his base of operations, the Joker Tower, came crashing to the ground, triggering an 8.6 earthquake that leveled the city. Sadly, Gotham is beyond saving. So it is with a heavy heart that I hereby declare that Gotham City is no longer part of the United States. It is civitas non grata. God bless the United States of America, and God help Gotham City."

Everyone looks at one another unsure now

"Fuck yeah!" Harley however cries out in celebration.

The streets of Gotham were in chaos as people fought in the streets and looted stores unopposed. Harley was riding through the streets in what appeared to be a dodgem car being pulled by a pair of Hyena. "Honk honk, Motherfuckers!" She cried as she barged through a crowd of people. The mall came up into view now as she headed towards it. 

"Home, sweet home. Harley says now back at the mall climbing out of the dodgem car. She looks at her Hyenas now. "Good job, my little baby drivers. I got a treat for ya. Now, Bud and Lou, don't you fight. There's one for each of ya." Harley says as she takes out two steaks and throws them to the hungry Hyena.  "And for my big babies." Harley says as she opens a trunk in the modified dodgem car to reveal a tied up man. "I brought dinner!"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Those beasts get steak and we gotta eat this guy? Are we living in a mall or a zoo?" Psycho asks.

"I like to think of it as both now." King Shark says as he strokes an alpaca he had stolen from the Gotham Zoo. 

"No, we're not eating him. This is Takashi, a sushi chef. He's got a Michelin star!" Harley says now taking the chef out of the trunk.

"I gotta admit, I was excited to eat a person, especially since I already had sushi, but I guess it's fine. Come here!" King Shark says as he lifts the small chef over his shoulder.

"Takashi, would it be gauche to ask for a spider roll, or are you strictly omakase?" Clayface asks as the they start to walk away and set the chef a cooking station up. 

"Y/n, Ive, are you not jazzed about sushi?" Harley asks the two as she notices them still sat down. 

"No, no. I mean, I like Takashi's hand rolls as much as the next gal, but don't you think it's time to kinda like wrap up this party up? You know, it's been three weeks since you took down Joker. There's no Legion of Doom. No Batman. Gotham is yours for the taking." Ivy suggests. 

"I am having a blast! This is what I've always wanted, Ive. Anarchy and sushi!" Harley says. 

"Yeah, I mean, you definitely could've had better sushi when Gotham had refrigeration and free trade with the rest of America, but..." 

"Ugh is this a bird?" The three hear Clayface cough nearby.

"The point Ivy is trying to make. " Y/n interjects now. " Is that you will regret it if you do not take charge of the city."

"Y/n, Ive, the best part of living in an apocalyptic wasteland is no one's in charge. Whoo!" Harley cries excitedly.

"It's chaos, baby! It's like 'Nam after the U.S. pulled out." Sy calls out excited before he then sighs remembering flashbacks. 

"I don't think it's exactly like that. But it is pretty awesome." Harley says but suddenly two guys dressed in tuxedo Tshirts burst into the mall. 

"Hey! You're on Penguin turf. Get the hell outta here." One of them cries. 

"The hell ya talking 'bout?" Harley says.

"Penguin called dibs on the mall." 

"Uh, we've been chilling at the mall for, like, ever! And dibs? There's no dibs. The city's in ruins, idiot. It's a post-dibs world. Nobody owns nothing. Except for me! I own this mall." Harley shouts back.

"It's chaos, baby! It's like 'Nam after the U.S. pulled out." Sy begins to say again. 

"Stop, stop, stop! No flashbacks. So you go back to the Penguin and tell him to go screw himself." Harley says but King Shark suddenly bites the head off one of the goons while the other runs. 

"Hey, Takashi. Can you incorporate this into a rainbow roll? Light on the rice. I'm watching my figure." King Shark chuckles as he picks up the decapitated body and carries it to the horrified Sushi chef. 

Ivy turn to Harley now "Harley, this is what were trying to tell you, if you don't take control. Every one of these assholes has an army of goons that they're just gonna keep sending until they take over the city." Ivy says to her.

"I think you may be catastrophizing." Harley tries to say but the sound of gunfire get's the three's attention and they turn around to see three goons dressed in Black and white suits holding tommy guns. 

"Hey! You're on Two-Face's turf." One of them cries out.

Y/n and Ivy turn to Harley now and she looks at them. "Don't make that face at me." Harley says annoyed as she pick up her bat now. 

"Harley, if you could leave one of them alive that would be most appreciated." Y/n says to her as she begins to run towards the goons. 

"Fill em with lead boys!" The main goon cries as he and the others begin to open fire in the mall now. 

Everyone else in the mall begins to duck for cover while Y/n and Ivy crouch down behind the fountain foundations for cover. 

"So, why do you want one of them alive exactly?" Ivy asks Y/n now as a few bullets fly overhead.

"During our recent...altercation with the Joker, I discovered something new and wish to run a simple experiment." Y/n replies to Ivy.

"You fucking bitch!" One of the goons can be heard shouting now. "Wait till Two face hears abo..." But he his cut off by the sound of bat connecting with the side of his head. 

"An experiment?" Ivy repeats Y/n's words. "You mean relating to the stuff you've doing on yourself up to this point?" She asks.

"Not exactly. Since the collapse of Joker's tower and the large scale Earthquake that subsequently followed it, I have been unable to run my experiments thanks to the lack of electricity in Gotham. However back in the room with the acid vats something interesting happened and I have been waiting for an opportunity to present itself for a test." Y/n explains.

"Okay I got em!" Harley's voice cries out and everyone pokes their heads up from the spots they had taken cover. "I left this guy alive like you asked." Harley says as she drags one of the goons over towards Ivy and Y/n now.

"Could you possibly keep him restrained Harley?" Y/n asks and Harley locks one of the goons arms behind his back pinning him to his knees as Y/n and Ivy look down at him. Y/n steps forward now as the goon looks up at him. In retaliation the goon spits at Y/n managing to get some on his cheek. Y/n's eyes look to his cheek for a moment with anger and disgust. "I was going to leave you alive after this, But you have changed my mind." Y/n says as he  removes a glove from one of his hands now before placing his hand on the goons head. The goon looks at the hand before pain begins to shoot through his body an he tries to break free from Y/n's grasp. But with every moment that passes by he grows weaker and weaker before collapsing to the floor unmoving. His body had changed from fit and bulky to weak and malnourished in mere moments of Y/n touching him. "Thank you for the valuable information." Y/n says as he removes his hand now and the goon's body falls to the floor dead.

"What did you do to him?" Ivy asks as she looks at the dead goon.

"I drained his life." Y/n says as he takes a handkerchief out of his pocket now and wipes his face clean with the handkerchief. "I discovered the ability only recently so I am unsure of it's full potential or limitations." 

"So you can like "Unheal"  people the same way you heal them? That seem like it will come in handy." Harley says.

"Not exactly It does come  with a draw back, It would seem I need to be touching the subject in  the same way I do when I heal someone. Meaning that it is better suited to be used as a final resort rather than in serious combat." Y/n concludes. "However these goons further prove Ivy and my self's statement."  

"Fine, I'll deal with it." Harley groans now.

Harley burst into a bar filled with goons, her trademark bat held in her hands as she got the goons attention. "Listen up, goons!" 

"Excuse me, I identify as a hench." One of them says back.

"Listen up, goons and henches, the world we know has ended. The Justice League is kaput, the Legion of Doom is doomed, and Joker's had his last laugh. This is our chance to even the playing field." Halrey calls out before she points at a guy dressed in green.  "You! Who do you work for?" She asks him. 

"The Riddler. Obviously." He answers and Harley moves her bat to a guys dressed in Black and white. 

"Seriously? Two-Face. Come on." He answers. 

But why? What have those assholes ever done for you?" Harley asks and the goons begin to look at one another curiously. "Joker treated me like shit, until I decided I'd had enough and took him down. And look at me now. It is time to rise up! Everyone should be their own villain. Don't work for the Penguin, be the Penguin." Harley tells them  

"Over here, the hench... I've got a two part question for ya. Are you saying we should become the Penguin, or that we should do stuff like him?" The hench asks Harley.

"Up to you, goo...hench. This is New Gotham. The power isn't held by the few, it's up for grabs. So everyone should go get some." Harley tells them and the goons begin to cheer at the idea.

Two face and a couple of his goons burst into the Gotham bank now with tommy guns in hand. "Everybody on the floor!" Two face calls out but  suddenly his goons turn their guns on him.

"No, yous get on the floor." One of them says.

"Phil, the fuck is going on?" Two face asks. 

"Hi. Hey, I'm Steven, I'm the shift manager. Uh, are we being robbed, or are you? Plus also, the bank was just robbed 15 minutes ago by someone who said he was, quote, Penguin like." 

"Two-Face double crossed by his own goo.." A news reporter read out but the broadcast however was interrupted by the Riddler. 

"Citizens of New Gotham, riddle me this... " But Riddler himself was interrupted buy one of his goons.

"Citizens of New Gotham..."

"Craig? What the hell are you doing?" 

"Who is this Craig you speak of? I am the Inquizitor-or-or-- 

"Craig, get off the air!"

"Here's a quizzy quiz. Who's not my boss anymore? You!"

Gotham's surviving villains were all gathered at he Iceberg lounge as they sat at the bar. Amongst them were Penguin, Two face, Riddler and Bane.

"Are we all here?" Penguin asks.

 "We're missing one." Two face says and at that moment a door to the side begins to freeze before it is shattered completely.  

"Your door is inoperable." A figure says emerging in it revealing it be Mr Freeze. 

"It's a pull." Penguin sighs.

"Uh... My bad." Freeze says as he puts away his freeze ray. 

"This guy..." Two face shakes his head. 

Penguin climbs on top of the bar now. "Gentlemen, thank you for coming. Let me cut to the chase. Harley Quinn's goon rebellion ...is destroying our way of life." But as he gives his speech Bane was angrily trying to work a coffee machine to no avail. 

"Stupid coffee machine! It's impossible to figure out! We need goons!" He says angrily but Riddler rolls his eyes before pressing a button and it begins to dispense coffee now. "Well... well, I loosened it up."

"Can I ask you a serious question? Why are you so stupid? " Two face asks.

"Incredibly, Bane is right. Not about the coffee maker, but we need goons! Now they all think they're us. If everyone's a villain, then no one is." Riddler says.

"And we need to get them back in line. We need structure. Right fellas? We can't run organized crime..." Two face begins to say.

"Uh... I'm not in organized crime. I'm actually trying to find a cure for my wife's terminal illness." Mr Freeze interrupts.

"And how are you funding that?" Penguin asks him 

"Uh. Through organized crime." Mr Freeze admits.

"Exactly... which we can't do with Harley leading this insurrection! We need to get her on board and get our goons back!" Penguin says. 

"Uh... one note, one small note." Bane interrupts now. "Maybe we should have invited her to this?" He asks.

"What? Shut it, Bane. 

Commissioner Gordon was sat shaking a beer can on the GCPD rooftop as the bat signal shone in the sky.

"Come on, come on. I know you're out there, buddy." Gordon says as he looks up but he does her sees a figure looming above him and he gasps. The figure jumps down but it turns out to be Robin in an oversized Batsuit.

"Robin? No! This is the Bat-Signal, not the Robin-Signal. Get out of here! Shoo, shoo!" Gordon says as he tries to shoo him away. 

"Will you stop shooing me! Batman is missing." Robin tells him. 

"What?" Gordon asks horrified. 

"He was in the Joker Tower when it fell... And I haven't heard from him since." Robin informs him.

"Oh, my God! Did you try texting him?" Gordon asks. 

"Of course I tried texting him. What am I, 40?" Robin replies. 

"Course!  Could... you share that contact info with me?" Gordon asks as he hold out his phone to Robin.

"Yeah. He wouldn't like that. Plus that would mean you have my info, too." Robin says. 

"C'mon! The city's falling apart! We need Batman, damn it!" Gordo says as she grabs Robin's shoulders.

"Whoa, whoa... He's gone. Which is why I'm here. 'Cause I'm ready to take up the mantle." Robin says before he narrows his eyes. "I'm Batman." He then tries to say in a deep voice before he is hit by a bottle of Whiskey by Gordon.  "Ow! That's thick plastic!" Robin cries.

"Slipped. Can you just toss that back? There's a little left in it." Gordon says now.

 "Hey Takashi, you're gonna freak! I got the last fresh ginger in Gotham just like you asked!" Harley says as he takes out a some ginger from a bag and throws it to the chef. 

"Ginger! Hip, hip, hooray!" Clayface cheers. 

"Holy shit! It's about time, what took you so long?" Psycho asks. 

"Hey, you know, it's pretty rough out there, okay? I had to fight five new question-based villains." Harley says back. 

"Uh... Harley a word." Ivy says appearing with Y/n besides her as they indicate to her to follow them. Harley does so now.  "Is it "congratulations"? I stopped all the villains by liberating the goons. "

"When we told you to deal with the problem this is not what we were talking about." Y/n says to her.

"Harls, this was your chance to control the city, but now instead of like five big assholes trying to run Gotham, we've got a thousand little assholes to deal with." Ivy adds.

"Ugh, you worry too much, guys." Harley says to them.

 "Um... You know, I think I'm worrying like the perfect amount, to be honest." Ivy says. 

At that moment one of Harley's Hyena's run's in with a letter in it's mouth.

"Thanks, Lou. What'd ya bring me?" Harley says as he takes the letter now and opens it. "Harley Quinn, you are cordially invited to attend the inaugural meeting of the Injustice League." 

"What is the Injustice League?" King Shark asks.

"I believe it is a play on "Justice League." Boy, will they have a juicy lawsuit on their hands." Clayface says. 

"Wonder woman is very litigious. Trust me." Psycho comments.

 "This is bullshit. The city's supposed to be chaos!" Harley says scrunching up the letter. 

"You know, I'm trying to be less of a know-it-all, so I'm just gonna go read." Ivy says as she lifts up a book. "I can't, it's killing me, I told you so! Okay, Whoo! Now I'm going to go read." She then says.

"Let us go Harley." Y/n says turning around now.

"You're going with Harls?" Ivy asks suprsied.

"Harley, how many times have you rushed into these things and had them backfire on you?" Y/n asks now. 

Harley and Y/n slowly walked into the meeting place of the newly named injustice league. As they entered the building Y/n could see four familiar figures and one new one. 

Invitations, please." A goon standing guard at the room says. Harley takes out the letter she had been sent and the goon moves to the side.

"Sorry Pal." The goon says putting his hand on Y/n's shoulder. "No invite, no entry." 

Y/n draws a sword from it's sheathe faster than the goon can react as it's blade is aimed at his neck.

"If you wish to keep your head, then keep your hands to yourself." Y/n calmly warns the goon whose eyes widen.

"Let em through." A voice says now and Y/n slowly withdraws his blade returning it to it's sheathe.

The goon let's out a deep breath as he rubs his neck to check for damage and both Y/n and Harley pass by him.

"Hey Motherfuckers." Harley calls out now to the five members sat a table. "Look at that, gang's all here. Freeze, been a minute. Bane, good to see you on your feet after the Legion went boom."

"Luckily I was away, dog sitting for my Aunt Linda's girlfriend. They're very supportive." Bane replies.

"Aw, that's nice." Two face comments. 

"So, what's the deal? You guys get invites to this Injustice League dealio too?" Harley asks now throwing her invite down on the table. 

"Actually, Harley..." Penguin says pressing a button on the table and banner unfurls above it with a Injustice league logo on it.  "Tada!" 

Harley's eyes widen as she looks at it. "Wait, wait. You guys are the Injustice League?" 

"We had time to get a banner made, but not enough to find one more executive chair?" Bane asks as it's revealed he is sat in a folding chair while the others were sat on expensive swivel chairs. 

"Oh, again with the swivel chair." Two face rolls his eyes.

"Your recklessness forced us to band together to restore order in the criminal underworld." RIddler says to Harley now. 

"There's gotta be a hierarchy." Penguin cries. 

"Exactly! It goes supervillains, sidekicks, goons that went to Harvard, and then goons." Two face explains. 

"Okay. That's just the same old shit. I mean. This is a chance to do something new." Halrey says. 

"Much gratitude for the segue." Mr Freeze says as a parchment is place on the table now and map is unrolled on it. "Feast your eyes on new... New Gotham. Hmm?" He says.

The map showed Gotham being divided up into five sections with Harley being given a small tiny island off the shore of Gotham. 

"Is this a joke?" Y/n asks as he points at the map and the villains look up at him.

"We ain't intrested in the opinion of a bodyguard..." Penguin says. "Harley?" 

Harley raises her bat above her head now. "Not. Interested." She says smashing it down on the table destroying it and the map.

"Whoa. Hey!" The villains cry out.

"Where did this map come from?" Bane asks as he picks up it's remnants. "I'm still on a goddamn folding chair." Bane says annoyed, 

"Jesus, Bane. we all thought it would be funny if we gave you a folding chair... ...and we were right!" Riddler says now and Two face giggles. 

"Oh, I see your joke now. Your... jest will be avenged." Bane says. 

"Anyway... we've divided up Gotham." Penguin says. 

"Each of us will control a territory where we make our own rules." Two face explains.

"Which you could have seen if we still had the map." Penguin comments.  

"Guess which part was gonna yours? Hint, the bad part." The Riddler says now. 

"I took out Joker, so I make the rules. And this shit won't fly. It ain't happening." Harley says now as she grips her bat.

"Told ya."  Two face says as the Villains get up now. As they do Y/n places his hand on his sheathe ready to draw but he and Harley are left surprised when Mr Freeze suddenly begins to Freeze them. 

"Riddle me this... Who's the biggest fool of all? You! For wasting your only chance to rule Gotham." 

"If you'd just played the game, you wouldn't have ended up like this." 

"You did this to yourself. You'll never be one of us. You're just a sad, pathetic clown."

Y/n and Harley were left entombed in Ice.

At GCPD Gordon was stood at the window watching  as people fought in the streets. He sighs as he turns to his officers now.

"We're getting destroyed out there, men! And Cheryl. I know it seems like the bad guys have won, but I'm here to tell you they haven't. Batman's still out there. Somewhere. I know things seem bleak. We're being hunted by villains and citizens alike. No food, no power. I mean, my God, there's only coconut flavored sparkling water in the vending machines." He says to the officers before he sees one of them with a can in their hand. "Oh, Cheryl!" 

"I kind of like it." Cheryl replies.

"America may have turned its back on us, and chaos fills the streets... we're still Gotham's finest. We have a job to do, and God damn it, we're gonna do it! Now you get out there and you take back your town... Our town..." Gordon cries but he is suddenly interrupted as goons dressed in Black and White suits rush into the station with guns pointed at the officers who raise their own guns. 

Two face walks in now with his tommy gun in hand. "I'm taking over this police department." 

"Like cheeseballs you are! You don't have the authority!" Gordon says but the two officers behind him are suddenly shot in their privates. 

"Anyone else itching to get shot in their privates?" Two face asks and the other cops flee leaving only Gordon behind. 

"All right, Gordon, I'm a fair guy." Two face says taking out his signature coin. "Heads you live and we'll call it time served. Tails and we'll..." But Two face is interrupted by Gordon drawing his gun and firing causing the goons and Two Face to duck as Gordon runs as them and out the GCPD door.  

"You won't get away with this, Dent." Gordon says. 

"I already have. Give my love to Barb." Two Face says.

"I'll be back. And I'm bringing the Batman with me!" Gordon cries out as he runs. 

Two Face rolls his eyes as he picks up a can left on the side and splashes it in his mouth "Ugh. Jesus Christ, coconut."

Gordon was driving down the streets  in truck with the Bat signal strapped to the back of it as it shone in the sky as he sung to himself.

 ♪ You're a cop, You're damn good cop ♪ 

♪ Saving the city With Batman ya ♪ 

♪ Ain't gonna stop ♪

 ♪ You're a cop, cop, cop ♪

 ♪ You're a damn-good-cop! ♪ Bah, bah, bah! ♪

But up ahead he can see three masked figures stood on the road. One of them throws an assortment of sharp objects onto the road as it takes out the trucks front tires and Gordon has to stop the truck. As he does the three figure start to smash part of the truck including the Bat signal. Gordon flees the truck now as the figures turn their attention to him

"Come on and get me, you crazy fucks!" He cries. The figures make their way to him but lift the masks covering their faces now revealing themselves two of them to be the cops from GCPD.

"Ben? And Cheryl?" Gordon says in shock  

"On your knees, Jimbo!" Ben says holding a bat to him.

Gordon raises his arms now. Ben and the other male figure begin to loot Gordon now. "The hell do you think you're... Why would you do this? You're cops." Gordon says.  

"There ain't no cops no more, old man. We're Bane boys now. Things change quick on these mean streets." Cheryl says kicking Gordon down. 

"Let's jet!" Ben cries as the three take off leaving Gordon behind.  

Gordon looks at them running before he turns to look at the Bat signal that shone a broken Bat Symbol in he sky before it's power finally died. Gordon took out his police badge now as she looked at it. "You're a damn good...nothing." He cries before tossing it into the Gotham river.  

A limo pulled up  to the Iceberg longue and a valet opened the backdoor to the limo with the penguin getting out. As he does the valet greets him. "Hey, Mr. Penguin! Good to see you." 

Penguin makes his away forward to the Iceberg longue doors and they are opened for him.

"Mr. Penguin! How ya doing tonight, Mr. Penguin? 

"Fine, fine." Penguin replies as he walks through the lobby. As he does he spots a girl in a playboy bunny outfit. "Hey. sex upstairs later?" Penguin chuckles as he enters an elevator now.  "Oh. It's good to be the Penguin." He comments as the doors close.

"Mr. Penguin, good to see yo.." The attendant starts to say before he shot by the Penguin using his umbrella. 

"Okay, that's too many people saying hello to me. It feels disingenuous." Penguin says annoyed.

"Ahhh... I actually meant it..." The Attendant says from the floor as he starts to bleed out. The elevator dings and the door open to reveal a large party going on. 

Penguin exits to the party now as his eyes lock onto something. "Harley Why you and the bodyguard so blue?" He chuckles as the Ice block of Y/n and Harley are  frozen in is on display at the party. " It's a party for Christ's sake!" Penguin says looking up at the frozen two.

"Monsieur Penguin, uh, what can I get for you?" A waiter with yellowed teeth and a French accent asks approaching the Penguin.  

"Where's Jeffrey?" Penguin asks, 

"You kil... killed him?" The waiter says. 

"Oh, that does sound like me." Penguin comments.

 "Would you like some champagne? To celebrate your taking back the city? Perhaps make a little toast to your magnificent self?" The Waiter suggests as he pours a glass and hands it to Penguin. 

"Mmm, why not!" Penguin says as he looks at his glass and heads towards the stage.

"The bird has taken the worm." The waiter says speaking into an earpiece in a normal voice revealing themselves to be Clayface.

"Tweet, tweet." Dr Psycho says into his earpiece. He was in a large oversized tux as he sat on the shoulders of King Shark who was hiding in the tux.

 "Tweet, tweet." King Shark whispers. 

Ivy was sat at a blackjack table in a disguise. 

"I'm here." She says into a small radio piece. 

"And?" Clayface's voice can be heard asking. 

"And I'm not saying tweet, tweet." She comments.

"She said it!" Clayface laughs . "But one birdie left..." 

"Tweet, tweet, baby." Sy says as he sat on the stage at a piano. 

"We're ready. Let's hatch this egg." Clayface says as he looks at Y/n' and Harleys ice block.

Penguin takes up a microphone now as he addresses the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen! We're killing it. We put down the goon rebellion and they're thanking us for it. We carved up the city and they're thanking us for it." Penguin laughs with the crowd joining in. 

"Sy, smoke, smoke!" Clayface whispers.

"Right! On it." Sy comments as he presses a button on his chair 

So I'd just like to raise a glass and... Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey! You back there, sit down." Penguin calls out as Ivy, King, Psycho and Clayface had all reached near the ice block. "I'm talking." 

"Stall Sy, stall." Clayface says. 

"As I was saying..." Penguin starts again.

"Eh... Uh... Hey, excuse me! We got a birthday boy tonight." Sy suddenly says. 

"What?" Penguin says confused. 

"And a one... And a two." Sy says as he begins to play the piano and break into song.♪ Happy birthday to you! ♪ 

The smoke form SY's chair had begin to cover the room and the others used it as cover.

"Okay Psycho, nice and easy." Ivy says as Psycho begins to use his powers to lift Y/n and Harley.  "Easy! Careful. Careful!" She comments as the block is finally put on the ground.

 ♪ Happy birthday dear... ...Penguin! ♪ Can I call you Penguin? ♪ Happy birthday to you! ♪  Sy continues. 

Ivy had covered the ice block with a table sheet and several foods to make it looks like a waiter's trolley table. "All right guys, let's go." Ivy says as Psycho and King Shark begin to wheel it away. 

"It's not my birthday." Penguin says getting annoyed. 

♪ And many more! ♪ Sy finsihes.

"I said it's not my birthday. And can we lighten up on the damn smoke?" Penguin says taking out his umbrella and pressing a button on it that clears up the smoke. "As I was saying... thanks to me, and of course everyone's favorite ice sculpture, Harley Quinn." He toasts but as he looks towards where it was he could it was gone. His eyes dart around the room and he soon sees Harleys crew and Ivy pushing the covered Ice block along the floor "Stop them!" He cries.

Having being caught out the group waste no time as they burst through a set of doors now running with Psycho using is powers to push the block across the slippery floor.

"All right, we gotta make this extraction as gentle as possible. Okay. We can't rattle them because their lives are in the balance, okay." Ivy explains to the crew.

Psycho looks at Ivy for a moment but as does he doesn't see the goon and wall coming up ahead. He turns back to late and the block of Ice slips along the floor flipping up to crush the goon killing them. "Ahhh! Look what you made me do." 

"Okay, this is not a good start." Ivy says as she lifts the sheet off the Ice block. Part of the ice where Harley's face was near had begun to crack and Ivy lifts it out now. Y/n remained frozen as feeling returns to Harley's face and she screams before she can see who is in front of her.  

"Oh, hey, Ive." Harley says calming down slightly 

"Harls! Hi. You okay? How are you feeling?" Ivy ask her. 

"Get us the fuck outta this!" Harley cries. 

"Everybody stand back!" Sy's voice can be heard as he reaches the crew now.

"Hit it, Sy." Ivy cries as Sy's chair begins to push the block of Ice now and they flee down a corridor. 

"Somebody free my swinging arm!" Harley cries.

"Fire finger, flame begin!" Sy says as a large blowtorch like flame appears from one of his finger tips. He aims it towards Harley's hand and soon another part of the ice breaks where one of Y/n and Harley's hands where. The two remain trapped but Harley now was able to swing her arm. 

 "Ha!" Harley cries as she swings her arm taking out the goon by his legs as he falls to the floor.  "Now free Y/n and the rest of me!" Harley cries.

As the group continue running however a group of goon appears up ahead. Psycho looks at the Ice Block and lift it using his powers. He hurtles the block towards the goons and it crushes them before flipping and skidding into another room coming to a stop stood upright in front to the penguin who was stood on a poker table.

Everyone rushes towards the room but as they get close a pair of goons close the doors leaving just the still frozen Y/n, Harley and the penguin alone. 

"Harley..." Penguin grins as he leans down to meet her face level. "I always thought you were a sidekick. A goon with a name. But I was wrong." Penguin says but he has to lean back as Harley tries to hit him with her bat causing her to miss. Penguin hits the bat out of her hand with his umbrella now.

"Asshole." Harley says.

"You're a mistake. A mutation."  Penguin says now as blade appears out of the tip of his umbrella and he leans forward lightly pressing the blade to Harley's neck cutting her slightly in the process. Harley is surprised however when the pain from the blade suddenly disappears but it goes unnoticed by the Penguin. "Thankfully, nature has graced us with a solution to the Harley Quinn problem, survival of the fittest." He cries but Harley bites his nose now ripping it off.

Both Penguin and the Block of Ice fall back as the ice shatters entirely now freeing Y/n and Harley. "My beautiful nose!" Penguin cries.

Harley is the first to rise to her feet picking up her bat. She rushes towards the Penguin raising her bat, she brings it down with almighty crash but Penguin leaps to the side to avoid being crushed by it. As the bat connects with the table it shatters into pieces surprising Harley.

The penguin laughs now. "Without your bat, you're just a defrosted gymnast!" He says raising his umbrella. "Goodbye Harley." He chuckles as he fires his Umbrella now. Harley begins to use her acrobatic skills to dodge as Penguin continues to fire. "Eat Grenades!" He cries as grenades are fired across the room from his umbrella exploding and managing to catch Harley off guard as she gets thrown to the floor. Fire and smoke filled the room as it clouded Penguin's vision of Harley. 

"I Knew we should have killed you from the start." Penguin says as she looks around.

"It was rather unwise to keep us alive." Y/n's voice sounds out now and Penguin quickly begins to look all around. Y/n's figure soon becomes visible in the smoke and Penguin wastes no time as he fires at him. But try as he might the figure of Y/n doesn't fall and Penguin begins to sweat nervously now. Y/n draws the blade from the sheathe on his waist now as the metallic sound rings around the room. 

"Freak! You're a freak!" Penguin cries in fear as he looks at the shadowy figure of Y/n in the smoke. The figure of Y/n towered over Penguins own with it's only recognisable feature being the glowing veins of his arms and his pupils that glow the same colour. Y/n steps forward out of the smoke now and Penguin begins to fearfully back away until his back becomes pressed against the poker table from earlier. Y/n rushes forward now as Penguin lifts his umbrella again but this time he finds himself impaled by the sword of Y/n.  

At that moment the doors to the room are burst open by Ivy and Harley's crew.

"Hey Harley, Y/n are you...Ooh, yikes." Ivy says as she can see the impaled Penguin.

"It's about to get way more "yikes." Harley says as she appears from the smoke now and Y/n removes his sword from Penguin's torso now before swinging it once again and decapitating the Penguin.

"Ahhh! Yeah, that was definitely more "yikes." King Shark comments. 

"Can we go get coffee?" A bloodstained Harley sweetly asks Ivy.  

"Oh. Uh..." Ivy stammers. 

Gordon was sat on his bed as he looked out the window to Gotham city.

"I let the emotions get the best of me earlier. This is a minor setback. Here's what we're gonna do. Go to your brother's house, get his old scuba gear, we fish my badge out of Gotham Harbor. Then, this right here... the new GCPD headquarters. That's right. I'm still commissioner. I'll start a new department. I can deputize you right now, Barbara. We'll clean up this city together... husband and wife cops. An unbreakable bond." 

"I want a divorce." Is all Barb says as she doesn't even turn around to look at Gordon.

"It's all hopeless." Gordon says looking down now. "Where are you, Batman?"  

"You neglected to tell me they could freeze people." Y/n says as he pours himself a cup of tea now.

"Well I didn't know Freeze was going to be there okay?" Harley says defensively. "So what they put us on ice and an hour later the goons crawl back to the bosses?" She asks the others now.

"Harley, Y/n,  this might come as a shock to you two, so I wanna... I want to say it as delicately as I can..." Ivy starts. 

"You've been iced for two months!" Clayface cries from behind the bar. 

"Two months!?" Harley cries while Y/n finishes stirring his tea.

 "Nice work, Clay. Um... Well, we've been we've been trying to break you out the whole time. And hell, I got shot twice." Ivy begins to explain.

"I never got shot, but I did put a lot of personal projects aside trying to save you. " Psycho says now. 

"I never realized how much we relied on both yours and Y/n's leadership before. I mean, I don't want to say things were a disaster in your absence, but they weren't not a disaster." King Shark adds. 

"In fact, things got so dire we finally got desperate enough to try the talking block of mud's stupid plan." Sy reveals. 

"Which was a rousing success!" Clayface declares. "Thank you very much. You see, usually penguin only hires the most distinguished waiters. Which is why I had to develop my Francois character. He was born... to a scullery maid..."

"Okay, thank you!" Harley stops him. "So, in the last two months, did I miss anything other than Clayface's long-winded backstories?" 

"Y/n, Harley, just come with me." Ivy says and both the two look at each other before moving from their seats. Ivy leads the two to the roof of the building as they look out to the much changed Gotham city. 

"So after the goons fell back in line, the Injustice League carved up the city. They call it new New Gotham. Which is... I mean, I can't even..." Ivy 

Y/n and Harley look at the changed city 

 "You guys were right all along. I shoulda taken control from the start." Harley angrily begins to say now. "Riddler, Two-Face, Freeze, Bane. I'm taking 'em all down. And when I'm done, Gotham is gonna be... mine! "She declares raising her bat in the air. 

"Cool." Ivy says unphased.

Meanwhile at a medical camp that had been set up for those affected by the recent earthquake. In one of the tents two nurse were in the middle of a conversation. "We pulled him from the Joker Tower rubble months ago. He's been in a coma ever since. The swelling should've gone down."  One of the nurses says as he begins to unwrap a set of bandages across the patients face. "Let me just..." He finishes removing the bandages as he and the other nurse gasp in shock. "Oh, my God. It's... Bruce Wayne."

And that's the chapter! So Y/n has started to take a more active part in the story now and Harley has a goal of revenge now set in her mind. But how will our trio fare against the newly formed Injustice league?  If you like this chapter or just the story in general then don't forget to leave a vote and a comment and I shall see you all next week in...

Riddle U 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.3K 514 27
Bruce Wayne meets a mysterious girl, who comes with a lot of problems. Will these problems fade in to romance? Or turn to chaos? {Process of editing...
794 12 11
(Batman x reader) It's hard living in your sisters' shadow. Who is your sister? Well, folks grab a seat, a drink, and some food it's going to be a lo...
143K 4.4K 63
"I know you, I own you, you're mine!" The madness of how their love is. Obsession, confusion, possession, power, and affection. The full walkthrough...
90.1K 3.4K 49
Harley and Joker had their lives according to their will until they'd met an accident. As Batman was behind chasing after them, he saved her but lock...