Married to the Villainous Duke

By RaeAnhedoniac

Completed: March 2, 2022 After getting hit by a truck, she wakes up in the world of a romance novel and becom... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: The Harvest Ball
Chapter 37: Unescapable Fate
Chapter 38: Birth and Rebirth
Chapter 39: Spring Returns
Chapter 40: The End
Special Chapter

Chapter 11

5.8K 215 0
By RaeAnhedoniac

This is intense - was the only thought Estelle could think as her three personal maids do all sorts of beauty rituals to her. Full body massages. Facials. Hair treatments. Fragrant bubble baths. These seemed a little too much, even for a Duchess. But Delia insisted that these were basic and necessary.

"You have to look your best for your birthday party, my lady!" The maid explained when Estelle asked if she really has to spend the whole day preparing.

The maids put on the final pieces of their Duchess' birthday outfit - rose gold dangling earrings encrusted with rare pink diamonds. At last they were done. Estelle walked over to the full-length mirror and gasped at her own reflection. She looked like a princess from a renaissance painting. Her pink off-shoulder gown hugged all her curves and made her waist look impossibly tiny. Her black hair is styled in a half updo with little white flowers and crystals scattered around her dark locks. She sparkled and shined with every little movement.

"You did amazing work. Thank you ladies," Estelle turns to thank her maids. They returned her gratitude with tired but proud smiles.

"The Duke will come any minute to escort you to the ballroom now!" Delia gushes. She seems more excited about the party than her master.

Estelle suddenly feels nervous. She doesn't know how Nikolaidis will react upon seeing her. I shouldn't be concerned with how he thinks of me but I can't stop myself from wondering if he'll think I look pretty! She could feel her cheeks heating up.

Someone knocks on the door. It must be the duke. Gosh, why do I feel so tense? It's not like this is a date or our wedding. It's just my birthday party. But this will be the first time I'll face him so dressed up like this. Will he think it's too much? Will he get turned off?

Nikolaidis comes into the room looking handsome as always. His eyes immediately go to his wife who's avoiding his gaze. She feels shy and thinks she's overdressed for the occasion. He takes a few steps forward, keeping his ocean blue eyes glued on her. The three maids feel like their intruding on their masters' private moment so they quickly leave. Estelle feels even more shy now that she's alone with her husband.

"Happy birthday Estelle," Nikolaidis' voice was tender.

I want to see his expression. She looks up and meets his eyes. She breaks out a smile when she sees his flushed cheeks and soft eyes. He could melt me with just this look alone...

"Beautiful," he whispers in a daze as he stretches his hand out for her.

Estelle swallows hard. Nikolaidis, you're really making this so difficult for me! She awkwardly looks away and takes his hand, "let's go."

"I'll give you my present after the party," he tells her as they made their way to the ballroom.

She nods and pretends to be nonchalant even though, in her mind, she's squealing with excitement. Nikolaidis is going to give me a gift! I wonder what it is? I shouldn't be so happy but my heart races with just the thought of getting something from him!

"Presenting his excellency, Duke Nikolaidis Carvelho de Blanchard and her grace, Duchess Estelle Beauvoir-Carvelho de Blanchard," Abenant announces as they step inside the ballroom.

The place was lighted up by thousands of candles hanging from crystal chandeliers. Countless pink and white roses decorated every corner. Dozens of nobles dressed in their best suits and gowns greeted Estelle a happy birthday as she and Nikolaidis made their way to the middle of the room.

"Thank you all for coming to my dear wife's birthday," the Duke addresses the guests, "we hope all of you will enjoy the party!"

The small orchestra starts playing music and Nikolaidis kneels, offering his hand to Estelle, "may I have a dance with you?"

Her heart beat accelerates, "yes, you may Nikolaidis."

He smiles before standing up, "thank you for gracing me with the honor of having your first dance."

He puts one hand on the small of her back while the other gently holds her hand. They begin dancing together with the music. Thank heavens Abenant made me go through all those lessons for noble ladies. I would have made a fool out of myself infront of this huge crowd if I wasn't taught to dance!

Nikolaidis keeps his eyes on Estelle as they danced. It's making it difficult for her to concentrate on not stepping on his feet. She manages to finish the entire song without doing so. They bow to each other as the dance ends.

"Happy birthday my darling!" Her mother comes towards them with her father and her younger brother. A huge smile is plastered on the woman's face.

"Happy birthday, older sister," Hancelle greets her. Estelle ruffles his hair and thanks him.

"You look absolutely beautiful and your dance with the Duke was so enchanting. The two of you are a perfect match," the Marchioness gives a pat on Nikolaidis back.

"Thank you, mother."

"T-thank you Marchioness Claristelle," Nikolaidis stutters a bit, trying to hide his red cheeks.

"Happy birthday, Estelle" her father greets her. "May I have the next dance with you?"

"Of course, father."

Nikolaidis bows and says before leaving, "please enjoy your time, Marquess Gautier."

Estelle takes her father's hand as the next song begins playing. She still feels a little flustered from her dance with Nikolaidis but it slowly goes away as she moves to the music with her father.

"Are you happy with your husband, my dear?" Her father suddenly asks.

She's caught in surprise at his out-of-the-blue question. What do you mean by that, papa? She searches his eyes, trying to come up with the right answer. She doesn't know why he would ask such a question. Does he not approve of Nikolaidis?

"I'm happy with him," she thinks that's the best response.

He studies her, gauging whether her answer was the truth. She smiles at her father. To be honest, I am happy with Nikolaidis. I don't feel like a stranger in this world when I'm with him. He makes me feel safe and secure in his arms. I feel like I can lean on him and cry my heart out without being questioned. I want to see him all the time and there's an aching in my chest when I see him hurt or sad. Oh crap, have I already fallen this deep for him?

"Then, that's enough for me," her father says as the song ended. Her father gives her a kiss on her forehead before he lets her go.

She feels a hand on her waist and sees Nikolaidis back by her side, "Estelle, the Royal Family would like to give their greetings to you. You've met them before but I know you don't remember." 

He guides her towards a table that is separated from the rest of the noble guests.

"Hello, Crown Prince Henrik, Crown Princess Yulya and Princesses Athisha and Athmichela. Thank you for coming to my wife's birthday," Nikolaidis bows and Estelle curtsies.

Prince Henrik and Princess Yulya are the parents of Prince Klavin who's the male lead of this novel! I didn't expect they'd be here. Wow, they all look like sculptures made by Michelangelo. The Crown Prince has platinum blonde hair that look almost white and piercing ruby eyes. The book described that Klavin looked just like his father and I can definitely see the man has the face of a main character.

Even though Prince Henrik is just looking at me silently, there's a cold and arrogant aura around him. Well, that's what you'd expect from a person who's the future Emperor. He kind of scares me. Maybe it's because he's the father of the person who'll kill Nikolaidis one day?

Meanwhile his sisters, the twin Princesses Athisha and Athmichela, are both also gorgeous and have the same striking hair and red eyes. Crown Princess Yulya is a blonde beauty as well. It's really fascinating seeing them in person. It makes me realize I'm really inside the novel My Beloved Prince.

The four royals greet Estelle one by one and mention that they're sorry to hear that she lost her memories. Princess Athisha and Princess Athmichela are particularly warm towards her. Were they close to Estelle before I took over her body?

"It's a shame that you don't remember us," Princess Athisha says. "But that's alright, we can just befriend you again!"

Princess Athmichela grabs Estelle's hands, "we're inviting you to our annual spring tea party next week. You'll be our most special guest!"

"Thank you for the invitation. I am honored, your highnesses" Estelle says bowing.

"No need to be so formal Estelle! You used to just address us by our nicknames," Princess Athisha straightens Estelle up.

"You're just as stiff when we first invited you to the castle! It's like déjà vu," Princess Athmichela laughs.

"Princesses, it's rude to keep the birthday celebrant to yourselves," Princess Yulya speaks up.

"Oh right, sorry! We just missed you so much Estelle. We haven't seen you since your wedding," Princess Athisha pouts.

"Yes, we really miss you! But, not to worry. We'll have plenty of time together when you'll visit us at the capital. You'll be staying at one of the main castle's guest rooms so we'll see each other every day," the other twin continues.

"I look forward to it, your highness." The twins oddly remind Estelle of her friends, Trisha and Michelle. Even their names are kind of similar.

"We'll take our leave then, your Royal Highnesses," Nikolaidis takes Estelle's waist and pulls her to him. "Please enjoy the rest of the evening."

They bow and go to meet other nobles and high officials of the Empire. She feels kind of overwhelmed meeting so many important people. They all seemed to know her but, for Estelle, they were just strangers. Although she learned how to handle them, it would have been intimidating and tough without Nikolaidis. She's glad he stayed close to her and helped steer the conversations.

By midnight, she was exhausted. The Duke must have noticed that his wife was tired so he announced to the guests that they were leaving early. Thank goodness I can go now! I was told these parties drag on until dawn but I don't have the energy left to talk and dance with all the guests. I'm really grateful to have Nikolaidis with me. He's consistently so considerate and understands me well. They exit the party together and head up to their bedroom.

"About your gift, Estelle," Nikolaidis says before he opens the door to their room. I almost forgot about that! I wanna receive it from him but I feel too sleepy right now.

"I'll give it to you tomorrow morning. I'll skip training and wait for you to wake up."

Every morning, Estelle always finds herself alone in bed. It's because the Duke gets up very early to practice with the knights. I've never seen him during mornings before. I bet he'll look good as soon as he wakes up. Just thinking about his deep morning voice and his messy bed hair is driving me crazy...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 9.3K 30
" No matter what world it is , i will make everyone kneel before me"❀🌍 Rose🌹, the most fearless and the best assassin was betrayed and killed.Later...
41.1K 1.6K 26
Being reborn as Adrianna Deor, the villainess of this novel, could be seen as her greatest fortune, in her life full of misfortunes. After her reinca...
65.8K 2.6K 21
β”€β”€β˜… Λ™πŸ“π‚π‹π€π”πƒπ„ 𝐃𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐆𝐄𝐑 πŽππ„π‹πˆπ€ 𝐗 π…π„πŒ! π‚πŽππ‚π”ππˆππ„! 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐗 π•π€π‘πˆπŽπ”π’(?) ̟ !! ❝Did the idea of being a pa...
539K 18.7K 75
She had only wanted to have a working marriage and a happy family. Despite that, her husband leaves her for another woman after the loss of their unb...