Chance of a Lifetime ✰ AOT x...

By ackerm4nz

[CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE, READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. FOLLOWS THE MANGA. STARTS AROUND SEASON 4.] "Welcome to the... More

CH. ONE | A Warrior
CH. TWO | Faith
CH. THREE | United With You
CH. FOUR | When We Meet
CH. FIVE | Confessions
CH. SIX | Their Goodbyes
CH. SEVEN | My Truth
CH. EIGHT | Their Side of the Sea
CH. NINE | Brave Volunteers
CH. TEN | One Truth and a Lie
CH. ELEVEN | Heaven and Earth
CH. TWELVE | Welcome, Rina
CH. THIRTEEN | With Grace
CH. FIFTEEN | New Alliances
CH. SIXTEEN | Return to Salvation
CH. SEVENTEEN | Home Lies Ahead

CH. FOURTEEN | What Gets You Hurt

1.3K 45 118
By ackerm4nz

*heyyyyyy...... it's been a while.... how y'all been? it's a little bit past my 1 year with this book but hooray!*

             "OH HOW LONG IT'S BEEN since I've seen your face." Y/N's voice cooed lovingly, crossing her arms as she stepped closer towards the bright crystal. "Hard to imagine that after all this time, you've been stuck underground while I've been out and about dealing with my own things."

Five years.

Five years since the two have seen each other, and the differences between both of their facial features from then were astounding. All of their childlike appearances vanished into more mature features. It was something to get used to indeed.

Had Annie seen her for the first time right now, especially where she was in the world, would she be getting a scolding more fierce than that back home.

"I wonder.. can you hear me? Possibly since your crystal is hollow. Sound can travel through it. I remember going through your hardening techniques." Y/N spoke, sitting criss cross on the floor with her hands in her lap. A loud sigh escapes her lips as her eyes continued to focus on Annie.

"You're probably wondering about what I'm doing here. I even question it sometimes. Do you think I've done the right thing, Annie? I trust your judgement so be honest with me. It was hard finding my way over here, but soon enough I was too attached to leave this place." Y/N's voice ached, coming clean to her childhood friend whom never expected her to end up here. Her thoughts raced through her mind, debating whether or not she should tell her the truth.

"I've struggled, wondering just whether or not he would agree. If only he knew what I would go through just to grant my freedom along with his. I'm willing to get this all over with, even if it means seeing him one last time. His life has more value than mine. I was meant to be nothing but a weapon."

"I've been trying to convince myself to just forget about him, but it never works. It's like, he's purposefully staying engraved in my mind, my number one thought. Is this normal? Is this what's supposed to happen?"

"Tell me, Annie, did you know about my secret? Did all of you know? How many long years did you have to carry the burden of realizing that your friend was someone she wasn't? How much does it hurt to hear my voice in front of you like this, right now?"

Y/N was tired of pretending, and if Annie was allowed out of her crystal, she would sense it. only to encase her in her strong yet loving arms. Her embrace was warm and welcoming, taking all of her worries away in a flash. She found comfort in her arms, rather than anyone else. Her presence made her warm inside, and she was more than willing to listen to whatever was bothering her.

"My life ever since you guys left me alone has been one hell of a ride. I worked so hard for my rank, I strained myself day and night only to realize no one actually cared about my accomplishments. What if I had stayed in Marley? Would it had been worth it? Had Marley even cared about my well-being from the start?"

Y/N continued her rant, cheeks growing hot as she vented her heart out as it pleaded. Words fell off her tongue as the lights glimmered across the room. The air grew tense, had it only been her and her ill dropped tone echoing through the stone corridor. Small wisps of her breathing and the crackles of the flame from the candle sitting on it's ledge could be heard.

To Y/N, it was like the pounding of her heart could be felt from miles away. The silence was deafening, let alone the echo of her withered voice.

"I'm exhausted, Annie. I'm tired of putting this whole facade on. I had one wish yet it was taken right from me the minute I had reached that tent. Why? Just why had it been me instead of anyone else? I am simply here to exist and serve. Not to bring pride. Just to protect. You must know. I know that you know."

"What's the point of my existence? I'm nothing special, only born to become a weapon. There's no fun in that especially under a dictatorship. To Marley, I'm not even seen as a person. I had the nerve to call myself a Warrior, even without inheriting. Doesn't that make me selfish? Selfish to claim a title only given to those who are worthy enough."

"What have I done to myself. What have I gotten myself into.."

She cradled her head in her hands, tears brimming her eyes threatening to make themselves known. A breath stood caught in her throat, silencing her cries to a certain extent. Her sniffles roamed the walls of the room, seeping through every crack they could find. Had it reached the ears of a weary individual just above the stairs.

"I heard about what you had done, Annie. Attempting a get away when your identity had already been revealed. For someone so swift with her actions, you managed to be the first caught."

Letting out a light laugh, Y/N fidgeted with the jacket on her shoulders, engrossing herself into a calm silence. Her voice stood stoic in her throat, wiping the small tears that had appeared on her bottom lash line.

"If you want, whenever we are free from this hell, I'll give you personal lessons on how to be even swifter. Hah.... can you believe that? Me teaching you a skill.. it has always been the other way around hasn't it?"

Footsteps from behind Y/N broke her current state, standing straight up and wiping her face with the cloth of her jacket. She clutched her hands behind her back as the unknown persons feet came to a halt directly on the last step of the stairs.

"Hey, you there." the accompanying body spoke. Their tone sounding like that of a females. "Is there anyone else down here with you, specifically a guard? If not, I may have to ask you to leave. It's after visiting hours...."

Y/N turned her gaze around to face the person slowly, locking with their light green ones. The light that blinked from the candle being held in their hand glimmered against their irises, illuminating them to glow as bright as the color of a prized gem.

Her pulse quickened, averting her gaze to break eye contact. Her face heated up, the females words to her caught in her throat.

She was stunning, and she rarely felt like that towards anyone here. Her piercing eyes examining each and every seen aspect of her figure engrossed Y/N into a slight bliss.

"No one has accompanied me down here." She spoke, finally gaining the courage to extract her  voice. Y/N inhaled deeply, fixing the jacket placed around her shoulders and turning around coming face to face with the questioning expression of the girl across the room from her.

The green eyed females' face was mere inches away from her, and she could feel the heat of her breath along her dry lips. She swallowed harshly, taking a step back and clearing her throat. The thumping of her quickened heart pounded in her ears.

"I was simply led here by a friend of mine." Y/N's voice cracked and her eyes widened with embarrassment.

"Are you one of her acquaintances? You aren't someone I recognize from the 104th." she spoke, setting her candle down on an open ledge against the wall, her free hand landing a spot on her hip.

Y/N overcame the feeling of embarrassment residing in her gut and gave a gentle smile, turning away to look at the crystallized girl whom held so many memories with her in her heart.

"We are old friends from long ago, longer than anyone here can imagine. Though I don't suppose you are very fond of me."

Her smile quickly faded, picking at the skin of her fingernails. The female behind her closed the space between the both of them, causing the girls to stand side by side.

"You're that one girl from Marley I take it? She had mentioned you to me while we were comrades. You match the description I was given well. Though I don't appreciate what ruckus your friends had given my people, I can only forgive and forget."

Y/N glanced at her, placing a hand on her hip while letting out a soft chuckle.

"I apologize on our behalf for such destruction. Though, I hadn't expected Annie would be the one speaking about me, let alone at all. She always seemed so reserved, even back at home."

"It wasn't ENTIRELY your fault since you played no part in the actual chaos, but I accept your apology."

Letting her arm rest, Y/N adjusted her position and faced the female beside her. A small grin was plastered against her lips as she held her arms crossed along her chest.

"I hadn't quite caught your name. You seem to be of importance to Annie so I would like to get to know you." her quick question startled the unknown female as her eyes slowly started to fixate on Y/N's figure.

"Hitch." her calming tone spoke, "Hitch Dreyse." She held her hand out Y/N to shake, in which she returned her gesture.

"And you?"

"Y/N. Y/N L/N."

"THE Y/N? The one Warrior that everyone has been talking about? My my, you're even prettier up close."

Sending Y/N into a flushed state, Hitch could only laugh idly at her reaction.

---------

"So you're telling me that Annie, that girl right there used to be fond of hugs?!?" Hitch's' shocked voice rang throughout the crammed room. She pointed to the right of her, fingers trembling from shock. A strong giggle left Y/N's lips as she held her gut, holding back a fit of laughter.

"Had she not told anyone?! She was always the first to give me a warm hug every day after our practice hours." Y/N's voice questioned, eyes glancing to the blonde both her and Hitch have been talking about.

It had been at most an hour since both Y/N and Hitch had been introduced to each other, and since Y/N had found out she was 'well' acquainted with her friend she had decided to talk to her about what Annies' life was like far away on the other side of the sea just years prior to the other meeting.

Both of their personalities had clicked in an instant, making them friends from the start.

Though, thinking about it now Annie would most likely try to kill Y/N for spilling her beans like that.

"I hadn't taken her as quite the hugger," Hitch shook her head in disbelief. "She always seemed so closed off, rarely caring about the job she had in front of her."

"I had tried getting her to crack for years but her guard was always up. Hearing this now has given me hope for the future. One day I wish to hear these great achievements from Annie herself."

A small giggle left Y/N's  lips, holding her hands behind her back as she leaned against the wall. The candle light danced across the walls, igniting both of the females shadows into reality. Their perfect silhouettes reflected onto the stone enclosure.

"What you're telling me right now doesn't seem to match the Annie I knew back home. Though, after what she's been through I'm not surprised that it has taken a toll on her."

Facing the crystal placed against the wall, Y/N put a hand out attempting to touch it before Hitch caught her, pulling it away out of caution.

"I'm sorry, but I can't have you touching her. Even if you were friends from long ago, it's still as a precautionary measure." She shrugged, dropping the girls had and then crossing her own along her chest.

A smile graced her features as Y/N nodded in understanding, pulling her hand away landing it on her side.

"I understand."

Y/N's eyes fell to the floor below her, bringing her hands in front to start picking at her cuticles. Hitch had pulled out her pocket watch, eyeing the time and then closing it with a sharp snap.

"It seems pretty late and I assume you have some duties you have to attend to," she spoke, reaching for the candle sitting idly on the ledge of the wall. Y/N turned to face her, a light smile plastered on her lips.

Nodding with understanding she walked over to the stairs, Hitch's presence accompanying her.

"Thank you for talking to me." Y/N spoke softly, clutching the railing to the side of her as she walked upwards, the other female following in suit.

"Actually," Hitch started. "I'd like to thank you for opening up to me, even under such short notice. Had it not been for you, I don't think I would ever get to know the real Annie. Or even Annie at all."

The smile placed on Y/N's face cracked as she closed her eyes slightly, reminiscing on the old past memories of her and Annie.

Whether it be the times where both of them had to spar, or the cleaning days where the soap that was supposed to be for the floor ended up all on their clothes leading to a major scolding from the Commander, each memory seemed to hold such a happy moment that no one, not even Annie herself could forget.

After reaching the top floor and bidding each other goodbye, Hitch and Y/N had gone their separate ways only allowing the fate of their paths to cross once again to be placed in the hands of the Founder Ymir herself.

Y/N ran through the hallways of the building, passing each corridor she could find just to meet Armin again. She did remember him mention that he would do a little exploring throughout the building himself, giving her and Annie some alone time.

The echos of her feet hitting against the cobblestone pathway outdoors could be heard, her slow walk turning into a jog, the jog turning into a sprint as she could spot a familiar blond haired boy on the other side of the path.

"Hey!" Y/N's presence became known as Armin turned around to face her, a welcoming smile sprawled against his lips.

"Hey! How was it?" He asked, closing the book he was reading and tucking it under his arm.

Y/N slowed her sprint, coming face to face with the boy in front of her. Her breathing became heavy as she tried to catch her breath, coughing into her hand a little.

Adjusting her posture straight up, Y/N smiled widely for the first time in years.

"Better than I expected it to be."

She had doubts from the start, genuinely asking herself just how would she react. Coming face to face with someone who you haven't seen in years is nerve wracking.

And it wouldn't be the first time it's happened too.

Her remembrance of when she had seen the other three who had returned just a couple years prior, sent a small pain through her heart, what some people would call guilt.

Armin nodded happily in response, clutching onto her wrist and running to the main stables that held both of their horses. Y/N let out a shocked yelp and ran behind him, trailing to the front just a couple inches ahead.

He had learned awhile ago that she was fast, faster than most of the others within the regiment. Sometimes when the both of them would run the self-made track that the two of them had made, Y/N would leave a dust trail behind blinding him for a split second.

It was enough of a distraction for her to claim first place in basically every race the Scouts had held.

"What's with the hurry?!" Y/N shouted behind her and Armin shook his head in disbelief.

"Did your meeting with Annie really rack your memory short?! I warned you that we didn't have much time here in the city until we had to head back!"

Going back it did hit her that he did, in fact, remind her that her little reunion would be cut short.

That, and the fact that Y/N had left Rina unattended which was a big no-no. Levi would probably give her a big scolding later on which would probably be the least of her worries.

Speaking of Levi, Y/N and the rest of his squad had hand-on-hand combat training today with her being their personal instructor considering everyone agreed that she was the most capable.

At this very moment, Y/N was dreading having actually taken the job of supervising Rina.

Almost slamming face first into a stable pole due to being lost in thought, Y/N came to an abrupt halt gripping on to the pole for dear life.

It was like her life had flashed before her eyes.

Armin had pat her shoulder comfortingly, mumbling a slight 'be careful' before standing up straight.

Y/N took notice and slowly raised her head, lowering it back down quickly after noticing a certain black-haired male glaring down right at her.

"He's in front of me..... isn't he...?" she shuddered, slumping her shoulders as Armin slowly nodded in response.

Taking a deep breath, Y/N raised her head again, meeting the excruciatingly painful gaze of Levi. The rest of his squad hiding behind a barrel all in fear of what's to happen. Mikasa stood beside the others, a gentle smile placed across her face.

"You're late." his voice shook the wood of the stable, receiving a yelp from Y/N in return.

Clearing her throat, she stood up straight and gave a small salute.

"We are very sorry Co- Captain! I was dealing with some personal matters like you had asked and managed to drag Armin into it. If you are to blame anyone please blame me."

Levi himself couldn't deny it either, considering he saw the direction the two of them had come from. He automatically assumed that they kissed and made up.

Not talking literal terms that it is. It was his advice after all.

"Still not used to the Captain formalities I sense?" he replied with a slight scoff, crossing his arms with a head shake of disapproval.

Y/N became visibly stiff and slowly nodded to herself, slumping her shoulders and dropping her salute.

"Besides that, there's no need to get all that formal with me, Y/N. You just have a habit of being late and I would appreciate if you fix it." he spoke annoyed, unfolding his arms and wiping the microscopic dust particles off of his coat.

Rina, who had just walked in side-by-side next to Eren, followed by Hange had a small glint in her eye upon seeing Y/N's arrival.

Y/N on the other hand, who immediately sensed Rina's arrival let out a quite huff.

Hasn't even been a day yet and she's already tired.

Rina pat Eren's shoulder, whispering a little something into his ear which no one else but him could hear and waddled over to her spot next to Y/N. Her words left a dumbfounded expression on his face, at which both her and Armin noticed.

They both exchanged glances and raised an eyebrow in question.

Small talk formed amongst the others of the group while Hange and Levi had talked about more important matters regarding Marley.

Y/N was petting her horse, muting out all the words Rina had to say about being on Paradis, only focusing on certain key things she would mention about Marley.

It mostly consisted about random stuff, like how Rina was suddenly home sick and missed the comfort of her bed rather than a tent which she had only spent one single night in.  A tick mark appeared on Y/N's forehead every second Rina complained about something completely out of her control.

That was until she mentioned something that caught Y/N's attention.

"Marley has been really struggling since you've been gone."

Rina had just finished her sentence when Y/N snapped her head in her direction, her face mere inches away from Rina's. A visible blush appeared on Rina's face as she took a slight step back and massaged her nape.

"What do you mean Marley is struggling? Don't they have an entire military force?"

"Well.. since they mostly depended on your intimidation influencing the other rival countries to stay low," Rina said choking on her own voice,

"Now that you're here and word has gone around that you're no longer in the military, Marley has been struggling to keep the other rival nations that were scared of you intimidated again to keep them from renouncing war. It's backfired completely."

Y/N's face held a confused expression as Armin who was standing next to her heard the whole thing. He gently rested his hand on her shoulder and gave Rina a slight glare.

"If Marley is struggling so bad with preventing a war on their own soil, it's giving us time to plan an attack." he assured, standing in between both of the girls.

"Let's not focus on that right now, I'd rather deal with it when the time comes."

Y/N laughed under her breath a little, turning away from Rina.

As of right now, Y/N wanted nothing to do with this brat from Marley.

----------

The ride back to the port was uneventful as always, consisting of the same old route that was used everyday to and back.

Rina still had the habit of holding onto Y/N's abdomen, freaking out the entire ride. It took all of Y/N's patience not to kick her off the horse and leave her in the springtime field with nothing but her presence and the grass beneath her feet.

The rest of the scouts were attending to their evening duties, still unloading contents from the boat dock and finding places to put them. There were also some intriguing books that Hange had found and wanted Y/N to go over with everyone at a later time.

Stepping onto the handmade fighting grounds, Y/N felt the breeze surround her person. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply, the cool air sending a slight shiver down her spine.

The smell of salt and dirt invaded her nose, causing her to cough a little. The suns rays were harsh today, making her skin hot to the touch.

The sound of voices arose from behind her, causing her to snap out of her trance and do a few warm up stretches.

Y/N was informed that as soon as the squad had made it back to the port, she was to immediately start combat training so everyone could get a head start.

Cracking her knuckles and turning to face the group behind her, she held a gentle smirk along her features.

"Now, who here is ready to get their ass kicked by the one and only?"

----------

The first couple trials consisted of nothing but Y/N showing everyone a couple of her tricks. And much to Rina's pleasure, she knew almost all of them.

Yes, that's because she's pretty much like a stalker and used to watch Y/N practice with the candidates back in Marley. (disclosed in her introduction ;))

Right now though, was the actual combat. Her first opponent being the ever so famous Jean Kirstein.

"Don't give yourself so much hope, Jean. I'm sure you've seen just how much damage only a portion of my force can exert." Y/N teased, giving him a playful smile as she got into her stance.

The crowd on the sidelines of the two shouted 'ooohs' while Jean could only blush in retaliation.

The two standing in front of one another, eyes shooting bullets into eachothers figures waited for the sign from Mikasa.

"And...." Mikasa started, waiting a couple more seconds before finishing.

"Go!"

Her voice echoed through the ground as Y/N started her sprint first, reaching closer and closer to Jean who continued to have his eye on her.

Once she was closer enough, he was about to swing until she ducked down and grabbed his arm, flipping him over and sending him plunging to the ground.

As he laid face first, Y/N gripped his arm and twisted it enough to where it wouldn't reach the breaking point.

"Okay okay I tap out!" he shouted frantically, slapping the dust covered floor with his palm.

Y/N quickly let go and let out a sigh, stepping away from him and helping him up.

"Your reaction time is a little slow. You lost sight of me and I was mere inches away from you. We'll have to work on that more if you're okay with it. I suggest keeping your eyes focused on your target, and picking which one of your blind spots you want to protect. It's a bit of a gamble but there's almost a 50% chance you'll get it right."

He nodded understandingly, massaging his shoulder as best as he could while Connie and Sasha from the sidelines held their stomachs laughing.

Y/N noticed and shot the both of them a death glare.

"Hey." she spoke with an intimidating tone, walking over to the two. Her presence was menacing, setting the two jokesters straight. "Since you found it so funny, how about one of you go next hm?"

The two swallowed thickly, shaking their heads to the point where they felt dizzy.

Y/N laughed idly at them, sending a small yet not genuine smile their way.

"Exactly. That's what I had thought."

Facing the others, she noticed a crowd of other scouts had appeared, slowly peeping at the squads individual trainer. Y/N shrugged it off, not seeing anything wrong with it.

"I don't want to pressure anyone into personally sparring so I'll take volunteers as of right now. Is there anyone willing to take the risk?"

A bored silence fell amongst everyone on the sidelines as Y/N stood in the middle with a hand on her hip.

After a couple of a seconds, Y/N was about to choose someone random until a hand slowly crept up. Yet it had to be the one hand she dreaded to see.

"I'll do it." Rina's small voice echoed through the grounds as everyone looked at with an 'are you serious?' expression.

Y/N rolled her eyes and scoffed internally before rolling up her sleeves.

"Since you're the only one that is willing to, I suppose it wouldn't hurt."

Rina jumped up from her spot in the crowd and jogged over to the other side of Y/N, a big smile plastered against her face.

This very moment was something Rina had been dreaming of, ever since she had started learning new combat techniques.

Y/N had gotten into her position, only to realize Rina had gotten into the same one. She cocked an eyebrow, steadying her gaze to the female in front of her.

The crowd from earlier had grown bigger, since the news of the two Marleyans sparring had reached the ears of everyone within the port.

Armin had given Y/N a weary look, noticing her confused face at the sight of Rina's similar stance.

He looked over at Mikasa who too, noticed what he had. She hesitated at first, but continued with what she had to.

"Ready........."

A couple second pause..

"Go!"

Rina was the first to act, charging head on at Y/N who still had her eyes pierced through Rina's person.

Noticing that Rina was about the hit her with a swift punch, she skillfully ducked under which was supposed to catch Rina off guard but failed.

Rina understood that ducking was one of her tactics, using this as a time to strategize quickly and use a move against her opponent. But Rina wasn't dumb.

Rina used her swinging arm to grab onto Y/N's torso and flip her over.

Y/N had already realized what she was going to do. She may have been caught off guard, but she wasn't going to go down as easy.

As Rina attempted to throw Y/N onto her stomach, Y/N quickly wrapped her legs around Rina's neck and twisting her body so she could fall on top of her.

Rina deflected the hit as best as she could, pulling her head back and slamming Y/N on her back. Y/N still had a strong grip on Rina's neck so she pulled her forward and flipped Rina onto her back so that she was now straddling her face with her hips.

Signaling the end of the fight, Y/N got up off of Rina and dusted herself off, fixing the straps on her thighs as Rina stood up slowly.

As Y/N had been focusing on herself, Rina took this as the chance to swipe at Y/N's foot, which she quickly caught on. To avoid getting hit she blocked Rina's foot with her shin and grabbed Rina by the collar, holding her elbow against her throat.

"You really thought you were slick, huh?" Y/N's voice seethed with anger, her teeth gritting as Rina panted, her smile turned into a smirk.

"You first take my stance and then attempt to take my move? Do better, Rina. I know you aren't stupid."

"I think you've forgotten the position we're in right now." Rina retorted. "It may look like you have the first hit, but i'm always behind.

Finishing her sentence, Rina hit the inside of Y/N's knee with her foot, breaking her stance. Y/N dropped her elbow from Rina's throat, causing her to fall slightly.

Rina gripped onto Y/N's arm, attempting to throw her down once again.

Armin from the sidelines had noticed that this fight was getting pretty heated. He fidgeted in his spot uncomfortably, glancing at Y/N every once in awhile but keeping his attention on Rina just to see if he could pick out what her motives were.

The first one that popped in his head was that she just wanted to have a good fight with her, but now that it's escalated, it seems that Rina is going in for the kill.

Rina noticed that Y/N had slightly lost balance and was losing her motivation to fight because of it. Being seen in such a hopeless state seemed to damage her ego in Rina's eyes.

"You know..." Rina started, humming to herself noticing that Y/N was already on her knees.

"I honestly don't know what you see in Him. He left you for so long and you still choose to go back to him."

Y/N's eyes grew wide, filled with nothing but blatant anger and hatred. Her breathing became unsteady as she reached down to her thigh strap with her free arm.

"You could do so much better, Y/N. And I know you could. I'm here for you okay? So just....."

"Give In Already."

With the final word, Y/N had snapped completely.

Drawing her blade that was secured into her thigh strap, Y/N pushed herself up knocking Rina off balance.

Becoming the dominant party in this already escalated fight, Y/N threw Rina to the floor with a loud thud.

Everyone had watched anxiously, until a loud scream erupted followed by crying, shaking the trees and catching everyone's attention.

A puddle of blood could be seen forming under Rina's head in which Armin noticed, immediately standing up and running to the two on the ground.

He pulled Y/N off of Rina, looking at her blank expression. All emotion void in her eyes. He went to hold her hand, only to look down and notice the blood that had stained it.

Followed by the crimson stained blade sitting nice in her hand.

Armin, who looked terrified in that moment, looked down to see Rina who's right eye has been stabbed out, creating the pool of blood beneath her head.

Y/N looked down at Rina's bruised and aching body, laying merciless on the floor in front of her, clutching her eye for dear life. Blood trailed down her hand, staining her tan skin crimson. Her whines of pain could be heard throughout the grounds, catching the attention of onlookers around. A crowd sufficed, surrounding Rina who continued her ached cries. Her voice grew caught in her throat, tears streaming down her face blurring her already obscured vision.

Y/N sheathed her knife in its holster on her thigh, glaring down at Rina for her sly remark. Her eyes held fire from within, carrying all the built up anger present within her cracking facade.

Kicking dirt at her, she began to walk off, pushing past Armin who bent down to try and stop Rina's bleeding as best as he could.

Y/N walked through the other scouts who stood at her mercy making way for her presence. Their facial expressions told it all. Fear, anxiety, any emotion that could describe not wanting to ever cross her path.

"Such a bold statement from such a pitiful girl, isn't it." Y/N's coarse voice spat angrily from the spot she stay standing still. She could feel Rina's gaze burn through her back sending a sting down her spine.

"We're only allies, nothing more. I hope this makes you understand. Fool or friend, you are that to me but a job. Don't get in the way of me or my duty, or will it be the final thing you see with your last good eye."

"Might I allow myself to reciprocate your own words, Rina. You are on MY turf where I have power. Not you."

"I'll go ahead and say it for you..."

"Give In."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: holy shit i haven't updated in a long time and i doubt anyone is even gonna see this chapter.... but to those who do HELLO! i've noticed some new readers and i just wanted to introduce myself a little. Hi! i'm zyia and i started this fic a year ago (yes a year) the anniversary was only a couple weeks ago i presume. i haven't updated in so long and i feel terrible and i'm sorry to everyone who i've kept waiting. if you're one of my old readers i'm so sorry for not being as engaging as i was and i'll try my best to improve. please let me know if my writing has changed drastically too because it's making me a little insecure. anyways i hope every single one of my readers enjoys this chapter after a long and awaited update. sorry to keep y'all in the dark for so long.

       (p.s i was reading y'all's theories and here to say that you all are........ somewhat really close but you're not there yet. keep going! i love reading them!)

-Q/A: be honest... did you miss me??

PUT YOUR ANSWERS HERE!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

399K 14.9K 25
in which a girl named y/n lives in Marley and is a Eldian. the girl was known for how kind and beautiful she was along with her families bakery- thou...
1.7M 58.1K 74
(Y/n) is a girl who has a passion for going beyond the walls. Getting that breath of air, getting to see the trees and the endless trail of grass. Bu...
28.9K 766 23
Deal with it. I like Sasha..sorry girls if you're hoping this is x female reader. You are joining the Trainee Corps hoping to making your mission suc...
32.8K 1K 51
ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄᴋ ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴛᴀɴ x ꜰᴇᴍ!ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛᴏɴ ɪɴᴛᴇɴꜱɪᴛʏ /ꞮɴˈᴛƐɴꜱꞮᴛɪ/ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏɴᴏᴜɴᴄᴇ ɴᴏᴜɴ 1. ᴛʜᴇ Qᴜᴀʟɪᴛʏ ᴏꜰ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ɪɴᴛᴇɴꜱᴇ. "ᴛʜᴇ ᴘᴀɪɴ ɢʀᴇᴡ ɪɴ ɪɴᴛᴇɴꜱɪᴛʏ" ...