Letters To You // Eyeless Jac...

By dabillicit

She always wanted to write letters to strangers. She wanted them to be old fashioned, like those messages in... More

Note
Letters//01
CafΓ©//02
Sunday//03
Radio Stations//04
Mayhem//05
Petrichor//06
Demure//07
Library//08
Plethora//09
Pristine//10
Renaissance//11
Caeruleum//12
Eyes//13
Rite//14
Lambs//15
Braille//16
Visions//17
Lassitude//18
Medusa//19
Tryst//20
Eloquence//21
Scintilla//22
Liberation//23
Ouch//24
Wounds//25
Connection//26
Cubism//27
Memories//28
Bloom//29
Holidays//30
Desire//31
Talk//33
Daisies//34
Threads//35
Masterpiece//36
S.H.C//37
Pressure//38
Cigarettes//39
Time//40
3:13AM,love//41
Leisure//42
Circles//43
Imbroglio//44
Solivagant//45
Ink//46
Charnel//47
Disquieting//48
Death//49
Paix//50
Comely//51
Bucolic//52
Incipient//53
Destination//54
To You//55
Thank you!

January//32

6.9K 343 202
By dabillicit

January: The first month of the year, in the northern hemisphere usually considered the second month of winter.
————————————————————

"Jack, how many times do you have to eat a day?"

"Three times a week."

(Y/N) turned towards Jack, confusion rather evident on her face. She stopped putting groceries in the fridge, now focused on the boy relaxed on the couch. The two looked at each other for a while, neither of them blinking.

"Wh- How?" she questioned. Jack shook his head slightly as to ask her what she meant by that.

"How are you alive- I mean, there haven't been any murders recently and I've seen like maybe two cases of people missing one kidney over the past two months."

"That's none of your concern." He spoke, turning his head back to the TV.

What does he mean by "that's none of your concern"? Of course it is!

"Excuse me? Look Jack, I don't want the police on my ass because of your secrecy. I think that you're forgetting that me and you aren't in the same worlds. If you want me to protect your identity you better start talking. If something ever happens I don't want to pull lies out of my ass unprepared."

She heard Jack sigh. Continuing to stare at him, she began tapping the floor with her foot, impatience flowing through her body. She realized then just how little she knew.

(Y/N) was aware that she didn't know much about the man besides how he looked like and a couple of other things, but it only hit her now that all he was to her is one page of a whole encyclopedia. The girl knew his dark past, but didn't know what he did to stay from the radar for so long.

"I've got connections. I can't return to what I usually do yet because of the police. They still didn't close the case, so I need to go my way around it. Happy?"

"What connections?"

"I can't tell you that, it would put your life in danger." As if that didn't happen before, she thought.

"How would it put my life in danger?"

She was really testing his patience at this point, and she knew that but there was no way she'd stop now. They've been in each other's lives for two and a half months and Jack would never even try to fill her in with some of the things he does. It was annoying.

"Just how those letters put you in danger. The research you've done on me, all of it. Who knows what you'd do if I told you about my connections."

"I'm pretty sure I've learned my lesson with you. I wouldn't try anything."

"You're lying."

Touché. He knows I would question him about those people until I'm satisfied.

Deciding to drop that subject, she continued with her task, moving on to another question.

"Where do you live when you aren't here?" she could tell she was getting on his nerves, but she didn't care. He owed her the answers, and he knew that.

"I have a cottage on the other side of the forest, but I am not using it right now, so I live in a shed somewhat near you."

(Y/N) wanted to ask if he would take her there, but she knew he would say no. Also, she didn't forget when he came to her house bloody and wounded that night, there was no way in hell she'd risk meeting whatever wounded him.

"Can I ask you something now?"

"What? I'm pretty sure you know everything about me at this point."

"Why didn't you go home for the holidays?"

She paused. (Y/N) told Jack that she trusted him a couple of times, so she didn't know the answer to that question herself. She felt as if she needed to stay, like something pulled her towards staying.

When speaking to Oliver, she thought about telling him how she will be coming after all, but her thoughts would always stop her. She'd imagine herself, smiling and laughing with her friend and family, but then the scene would switch to Jack.

Alone in her apartment or in the forest, probably freezing.

The guilt ate her alive as she thought about it. Her stomach twisted at the thoughts, such an unfamiliar feeling, something she hadn't felt for a long time.

"Because of you." She didn't dare turn around. (Y/N) could hear her own heartbeat thumping hard. She couldn't tell him that it was because of her sappy thoughts. He'd probably mock her.

"I told you I wouldn't follow you."

"I know."

They didn't speak after that, both continuing to do what they did before. (Y/N) made herself think about something else, she couldn't deal with the embarrassment of the situation.

Her break was finishing soon, meaning she would be back to her work and beyond boring lectures. Nobody knew about her actual situation. Her parents and Oliver thought she couldn't come because she couldn't take a break from work – she could and did.

Andrew and Lauren thought that she had left the day after their little shopping – she didn't. It was only Jack and her in the small apartment, not even Jack knowing why she hadn't left truly. The only person that (Y/N) hadn't lied to about her whereabouts was Tanya, because she never asked her. She was grateful for that at least.

When (Y/N) finished her tasks, she sat next to Jack on the couch, changing the channel to something more interesting. The girl had noticed how Jack seemed to like soap operas, which was understandable, those things did manage to lure you in before you can think twice.

(Y/N) saw the glare he shot towards her, but didn't care. They were at that stage where they finally stopped caring about anything. Yes, (Y/N) was aware that Jack was a murderer, yes Jack was aware that he apparently liked her – but they both seemed to ignore these things. If nothing got out of control by now then it never will.

"I was watching that." He grumbled.

"That's not my problem, plus you sound like an old man."

It was pointless to argue with her, Jack knew that. While they were both smart, (Y/N) had the privilege to be exposed to the internet, which apparently can teach you how to argue in weird ways. No matter how many times he'd be right, she would always pull herself out with a nonsensical comeback.

When did he get so soft? He was a coldblooded killer just two months ago, so what happened? Of course, he killed people still and hated pretty much everything and everyone, but with (Y/N)? It was a completely different story.

Jack was still a dick in every possible aspect, the only difference was that he wasn't willing to hurt the girl, no matter how troublesome she can be.

He didn't know what they were watching currently, mostly focused on (Y/N) sitting next to him. He watched her like she was the movie, even if she didn't so anything. Jack noticed how nervous she had been around him lately, what for wasn't clear.

He thought that she was trying to distance herself away from him, avoiding to talk about certain things sometimes. She seemed much more shy. Before they made amends, she wouldn't even look at him, or would give him dead stares. Now, (Y/N) would cover her face if he changed his shirts, or would lower her gaze at the ground when he was too close. It confused him.

Since he realized that (Y/N) thought of him as someone who liked to read romances, he picked up on the books, reading one weekly. He had read many by now, and some talked about what to do when you wanted to get closer with someone.

He didn't know why he wanted to try, but it would satisfy the weird feeling in his chest.  Any type of contact with her would intensify these feelings in a weirdly nice way. He craved more of that innocence, the way humans exchanged hugs and touches, enjoying the affection.

Deciding to put one of them to the test, Jack positioned himself in a proper pose, sitting completely straight and tapped the girl on the shoulder. Sparing him a glance, she hummed as a response.

"You seem uncomfortable sitting like that, lay down." He said, tapping his thigh with his hand. Jack was sure he could feel the temperature around him grow hotter for some reason, not sure why. (Y/N) stared at him, her breathing slowed as if she was scared, hiding from something.

Maybe it was a mistake. She's a regular human and you're a murderer, for fuck sake.

Averting his eyes to the TV, the boy decided to ignore her stare, thinking that maybe he had embarrassed her. He didn't wait long before he felt some weight on his thigh. As he looked down, he noticed that (Y/N) has made herself comfortable, and with that began the noise of her heartbeat in his ears.

He didn't mind it this time, too focused on the fact that she actually did it. Smiling to himself, Jack put his hand on her shoulder, to which she tensed but soon after relaxed under the touch. It made him feel much more human, even if it probably meant nothing to (Y/N).

The fact that they didn't move for hours just made the boy more proud. Feelings are quite funny.

———————————————————
Hihihi! Here is a longer chapter (I think) for you lots! The next few chapters might be a little shorter bc I will be busy throughout the week, but don't take my word for it - maybe I manage to make them somewhat longer hahaha. That's all for now folks, hope you're enjoying your day/night and remember to take care of yourselves!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 77 19
Your parents always told you that Fireflies were magic. Even when you grew older and realized they were just neat little bugs, you couldn't help the...
5.3K 83 18
When you, a young college student being constantly bullied catches the eye of one of the most notorious killers within the city - Eyeless Jack, thing...
40.9K 698 23
So you have found me and my friend creepily making our way through the forest as if we were expecting something. Your curiousity got the best of you...
46K 1.6K 28
You always wanted a way out of town and away from the trauma of your every day life, but who knew it would come to you in a blue mask? Your life was...