It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 20

10K 814 368
By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth's POV

My phone was ringing, It was Vidhi, I went to my room.

" Hello Vidhi, how are you? "

" Good... Listen, Shruti called up, she was angry with me that why I gave her number to you. I tried to make her understand that you are not that kind of a man. You could not even think of doing such a thing. "

" Wow!! Thanks... What did she say?"

" Not much...  But I know she would think over it. See, she is in Delhi for a few days. Try meeting her and explain. "

" I will try my level best. By the way, what about you?? What is going on between you and Shubh?? He was glaring at me when I applied colour on you.  "  I asked her.

" Sid, Please do me a favour... " she said after taking a deep breath.

" Anything... Tell me. "

" Don't ask anything about him. I don't want to talk or even hear his name. "

" What happened?? Tell me I want to help you. "

" Sid !!! It hurts me. BYE !! " She said and disconnected the call.

What was going on??

After the call, I went out to spend some time with dad and found out that both dad and bhai were not at home.

Where could they have gone??

I switched on the Tv in the living room and after about 20 minutes, dad walked in with a broad smile on his face. I raised an eyebrow at his smile.

" I know who she is... "  He said like a very excited young man.

" How ?? "

" I followed him. "

" Dad,  you are too much !! "

" Too much ????  He is hundred much. " Bhai came in his face was almost red.

" What happened?? " I was really excited to know as I knew my dad.

" Don't ask me, ask him. Dad how could you say all that?? She is not even talking to me now. Her face is red permanently. " Bhai said and dad was grinning.

" Dad, stop grinning !! She is much more nervous now. Who says such things ??  She is so embarrassed and nervous that not even looking at me. Even I was embarrassed, dad. "

" What?? I am a cool dad and want to be an even cooler dad-in-law. She knows me well. Let me go and talk to her. "

" Dad, have mercy on me.  Please don't...  She was already nervous to meet both of you. Now she might faint again. "

" Faint again... means?? "

" She was so nervous that she didn't eat anything for the whole day and almost fainted in her college. "

" Oh, God !! How is she now?? " I asked.

"  Better, I made her eat food. But thanks to dad she might faint again. She is scared to meet mom now. "

" Yeah, she is scared to meet her would-be mom. As it is your mom is very scary, she would make a very scary mother-in-law, just like Lalita Pawar. "

" Oh, please dad, my mom is very sweet. Bhai, I recorded what dad said just now about mom. "

" What?? Are you out of your mind?? Delete it right away, who makes such stupid videos??  Delete it or you are grounded for the whole week. " Dad said and I laughed. Bhai also shook his head and started laughing.

" Dad, you will be grounded for a month, if I send it to mom. "

" Stop it Sid, or I will... "

" You will what dad??"

" I will not give you your monthly allowance. "

" Dad, stop giving me this threat now...  I am earning well. " We Both were laughing and dad started laughing too he hugged both of us.

I asked Bhai, " What did dad say to her? " Bhai shook his head and told me. I was almost rolling on the floor. Bhai was blushing and dad was grinning as always.

Mom came in the evening and I hugged her as I had missed her a lot. Her face lit up to see me. We had a good family time and mom was surprised and happy to see that Maurvi had sent the food.

*******.

It was mom's birthday and we all wished her. They all had to go for their works, only I was here on leave.

In the evening, I went out to do the arrangements before mom and dad came home,  I brought a nice cake and flowers for mom.

I was planning to buy some snacks as well but Maurvi told me that she had prepared some Falafel and Sweet corn Salad.

Mom and dad came back and just then Maurvi came too. Dad was very happy to see her as he already knew about them.

He hugged her lightly and kept smiling at her lovingly. Bhai was a bit busy at the hospital, so he said, he would come a bit late. We were waiting for him to come.

The doorbell rang and I went to open it. It was Bhai as expected. He came in and hugged mom and winked at Maurvi and she blushed at that.

I went to the kitchen, took out the cake from the fridge and brought the cake on a big platter. Mom was so happy to see that. She cut the cake and offered a small piece of it to all of us. I smeared some icing on her cheek.  She made an angry face. But it was fake.

" Ewww, Sid !! Are you a five-year-old kid? "  Mom scolded me.

" Mom, please yaar,  I am your kid. How does that matter, if I am five or twenty-five? " I said with a smile, mom smiled and shook her head.

Dad also applied some on her face and mom glared at him. He gave her a naughty smile and mom blushed.  They are such a cute couple. I clicked their pictures.

How cute were they together?? Mom and dad, Bhai and Maurvi... So much in love with each other.  I wanted to have someone like that too.

Correction !! I wanted only Shruti but our relationship was... Hell !! There was no relationship between us. I was getting depressed by the fact, but I was not going to think about it.

I was here to enjoy myself with my family and I was going to do that for now.

Maurvi went to the kitchen to get the plates for cake and snacks. Bhai went after her.

My mom asked me to get some tissues so I went to the kitchen and saw bhai was holding her in his arms and applied some chocolate icing on her cheek.

Awww... Cute. I wished to do the same, Shruti...

Leave it right there !!!

I came back to the real world.  And saw him bending over her kissing the icing off.

Oh My God!!

I could not go in...  so, I deliberately made some noise to make them aware of me coming in.

He loosened his arms immediately and let her go. She came out of the kitchen. He followed her out and kept looking at her making her blush furiously.

We all had cake and other snacks and I knew why her cheeks were red so I decided to tease him.

" Hey Bhai.... how is the cake I tried the new bakery? "

" Awesome !!  I never liked the cake so much to date. I want to eat more... " He said looking at her.

Maurvi looked embarrassed and was glaring at him.

" Then eat it... Who is stopping you? "  I said.

" I will later on... Hey, Maurvi did you like the cake? "  He asked her casually, but I knew why was he asking.  She just nodded and he smirked.

I presented the saree to mom which Maurvi had suggested.  Bhai took out a nicely wrapped gift. Maurvi also gave her a nice bunch of flowers and a gift. 

" Beta you didn't have to get anything for me. "  Mom said to her.

" Let it be Sudha, she is also like our child. She is like family to us. " Dad said, we all smiled.

" Ok, mom there is another surprise for you... " Bhai held mom's hand and said.

" Oh my God!! This seems to be a special birthday, what is it? " She looked so excited.

Bhai said that she would have to wait till dinner.  But mom kept asking.

" Chill mom !!  Bhai wants you to meet someone special... "  I said and Bhai glared at me.

" Can't you ever keep your mouth shut? "  He shouted at me but I was loving it.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Good morning friends ☀️🌸

Here is my today's update I hope you liked it please let me know.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Thanks
Chhavi ❤️😃😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

412 88 10
Dhriti Agarwal, 21 years old, focusing on her dream of becoming a great fashion designer, and loves crocheting. Has pretty dark yet attractive skin a...
248K 10.5K 59
At two opposite ends of the spectrum, Bound by the shackles of marriage. Aarav Singhania Rhea Aggarwal Aarav Singhania, a 27-year-old tycoon, The bi...
35.7K 3.3K 45
The last thing Avi, scratch that not even the last thing Avi would want to be tutored by anyone let alone by school's bad boy . He follows her around...
53.7K 3.5K 52
Only in the novels and movies it looks good when your best friend and sibling date each other but in real life it turn out to be a complete mess. Thi...