Harith and The Magical Vessel

By TheHarleyVance

The Moniyan Empire has been warned with a suprised attack, but Silvana has an idea that can save everyone. Ha... More

Authors Note
Back on Journey
A Journey set for Two
Bird Trap
A way to Serenity
Riddle me this
Snap out of it
Dreams or Warnings?
Closer to Destiny
The light in the Mountains
Don't let them hunt you
I will protect you
The Land of Invention
Let the Wind Make the Way
Mixed Feelings
The boy who's like Wind
The Show must go on!
The Fearful Southern Seas
Ask the sea for mercy!
Don't fall into Depression
Family Matters
No more Mist
Enlightenment
Path to the Oasis
Wasted Time
Yet Another Cave
Tragedies
The betrayed Queen
Second Chances
The boy who's like Fire
Collateral Damage
The Abysmal Storm
Re-encounter
The Prophecy
The Secret Elemental Lunar Orb
**Map of the Land of Dawn**
Lost Soul
Restoring Memories
Celestial Palace, on Guard!
Orbs United
Where it all began
True Feelings

The Real Face

186 10 14
By TheHarleyVance

No one's pov

As Harley kept trying to catch Khaleed's breath, Harith stood in front of him to defend him from Moskov. Harith did not take his eyes off the spearman, he could see a powerful aura coming from inside of him and he could also see the lament in his eyes when he saw his own brother on the ground dying. It was evident that Moskov was playing strong. He had no choice but to follow the orders of the Abyss. No matter who it was, he had to eliminate them at all costs.

Harley couldn't take any more of the pressure he felt on his chest. Within seconds of losing consciousness, he realized that he was no longer the one who controlled his body and his thoughts. Just then after those microseconds of Harley's own thoughts he stops and walks over to Harith.

He quickly pushes the warrior and he falls to the ground, watching as the magician dodges a surprise attack from Moskov. Harley used his appearance magic to be right behind him. He threw his ring of fire and his cards with incredible speed, unfortunately his opponent was able to dodge the cards and made a counterattack towards him. Moskov's malevolent smile faded as did Harley from his position to his starting position. He dropped his cards again, dealing massive damage to Moskov.

On the other hand, Harith looked at Harley in terror because he knew that what he was seeing was nothing more than the power that he was so afraid of and that Luo Yi had warned him about. Was it too late? Was this what happened when they met Faramis? Many questions ran through Harith's head. Forgetting the fear he had, for losing Harley's innocence, he gets up and starts to get near Moskov as well.

Ignored by the magician and Moskov, Harith could see them growing farther and farther away. Maybe it was Harley's strategy to get him away from Harith and Khaleed, so the warrior didn't get any closer. He could only observe how Harley moved with a speed that was not normal and how Moskov struggled to catch air due to the speed of Harley's attacks. Almost as fast as a leonin.

Not only did he use magic to fight the spearman, he also used his brute force to harm him. To such a level that Harith had to use his feline cry to make the magician reason after seeing that he had Moskov by the neck about to kill him. Harley stops and manages to bring Moskov closer to the body of his brother, Khaleed.

Harley - (screaming) Look at him!

Moskov - (groans)

Harith - Har-

Harley - I told you to look at him!!! (angry) Do you think he deserved all your punishment?!

Harith - Harley!

Harley - (looks at Harith) Shut up, you useless leonin.

Harith - ... (dashes in front of Harley and slaps him)

Harley - (lets go of Moskov and looks at Harith)

Moskov - (hits the ground)

Harith - I need Harley back, now.

Harley - ... I... I am Harley.

Harith - You are making him feel like trash, and me. Not only that, you almost killed him.

Harley - Wha...

Harith - Is this the Harley you want to become?

Harley - I... No... I just-

Harith - Are you going to blame it again on the sacred orbs?

Moskov - So it is true... (looks at Harley) You are the Magical Vessel.

Harley - (looks at Moskov) I am.

Moskov - This is not even 100% of your power.

Harley - I'm afraid not. (looks at Harith) I will control them.

Harith - You better do it because I'm not going to act like nothing is happening.

Harley - (teary eyes) I know...

Minsitthar, Vale and Gatotkaca immediately arrived where the adventurers were. Surprised, they go to the body of Khaleed and Moskov. While Vale scolds Harith and Harley, the other two couldn't hold back their tears. Khaleed was no longer with them. They looked at Moskov and tried to catch him, but Harley appeared right in front of them. He looked them right in the eye and mentioned that he didn't want to be like the Abyss. He didn't want more people to die and he wasn't going to allow Moskov to be killed. This idea did not seem prudent to Minsitthar and Gatotkaca, but they looked at each other and then at the magician and affirmed his decision.

They had mentioned that they would take Moskov to jail with the S.A.B.E.R. squad and Khaleed's body to the Inn to give him a respectful ceremony, the adventurers took their word for it. However, Harith glanced at Harley as he couldn't believe how he could be a totally different person right now. While fighting with the spearman he only thought about ending his life, but when they were all together, he just wanted to protect his life. The warrior did not want to think anything negative about his best friend, but it was clear that Luo Yi's warnings were not jokes.

Harith decided not to care, Harley was fine, among what fit. They had lost a man, but at least they had captured another who was worse and who had a lethal weapon. Walking towards the Inn, Harley immediately went upstairs and Harith followed behind, not before getting another scolding and warning from Vale.

Harith - Harley?

Harley - (sniff) Just say it...

Harith - (widens eyes) Wha-

Harley - Don't act stupid with me. You know something and you haven't told me.

Harith - I... (makes a fist) Yes, I know a couple of things about you.

Harley - I knew it...

Harith - Don't act like you don't keep secrets from me.

Harley - (turns around) What are you talking about?

Harith - (gets near) Where's the book?

Harley - (widens eyes nervously) What book?

Harith - Untold Magic? Does it ring a bell?

Harley - It's in my backpack, what about it?

Harith - Did you read it?

Harley - Yes

Harith - and?

Harley - I used it... Is that the answer you want?

Harith - (sighs) I don't want to believe it but answer me this. Did you use it in my persona?

Harley - [He noticed] (looks down) Yes...

Harith - (chuckles) I knew it. You have acquired some of my movement speed, not as good as me but you are getting there. I can also sense how I have become weaker, even if it's just a little bit.

Harley - I'm sorry... I didn't know at the time.

Harith - Remember when we were going to the Oriental Empire, that I left for some time?

Harley - Yeah...

Harith - I met with Ling's older sister, Luo Yi and her husband or partner. She told me and showed me some terrible scenes. I witnessed one of them today while we... while you were fighting Moskov today.

Harley - Me, almost killing him?

Harith - No, you did kill him, but I stopped it right before it could happen.

Harley - ...

Harith - Speechless? Guess what? Every orb you gain, the weaker your body becomes, yet you become stronger.

Harley - (confused)

Harith - Let me explain, your magic and physical attacks are going to be thrown with high damage, but your body will become so weak that a single brute force might make you lose the battle. Nonetheless, this isn't everything.

Harley - Don't tell me... I become evil too.

Harith - I hope not.

Harley - I promise I'll do my best to not become that person you saw.

Harith - Luo Yi told me something else...

Harley - (gets near Harith)

Harith - Even if I stop you a 100th time it's only a matter of time before you become that person. I don't think I'm strong enough for that.

Harley - (grabs Harith's hand) If that happens... I need you to kill me. (looks at Harith's eyes)

Harith - (tears falling) I don't think I can do that either.

Harley - You must (grabs Harith's hands harder) for the Land of Dawn... and for me. Can you promise me that you will end me?

To be continued.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 642 13
❝it's unfortunate how fate seems to hate him.❞ [ completed. ]
3.3K 205 33
"Be careful not to fall." She was warned but she still fell and she knew all along that tripping will only hurt her. She knew it from the very beginn...
4.8K 196 13
It was the summer break out from their studies. All of the land of dawn inhabitants have their plan sort out for their break. Including the Japanese...
6.4K 241 10
[Completed] Book 1: Will you stop the wedding? Harley has to marry Lylia so their families can join forces, but a true love will make him decide fat...