Pure Evolution (Male reader x...

By Divine_Quirk

(Y/N) (L/N) is a teenager that just... shows up at Beacon Academy. He sticks out the crowd of all the other s... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Epilogue

Chapter 12

7.3K 123 38
By Divine_Quirk

(Readers POV)

I got called up to Ozpin's office. I don't know what he wants, but it must be important. I made to the elevator and went inside. I pushed the button to get me to Ozpin's office.

(Y/N): Does this have to do with the Fall Maiden?

I thought about the situation I'm in now. I'm guessing that I'm the only student here that knows about the Fall Maiden.

(Y/N): Should I tell anyone about this? I hate the idea of keeping this a secret. I'll... See what Ozpin has to say.

The elevator door opened, revealing Ozpin's office. I saw Ozpin and Glynda standing in front of the huge window.

(Y/N): Hey, I'm here.

They turned around to look at me.

Ozpin: Glad to see you can make it.

I walked up to them and looked out the window. I some bullheads near Beacon.

Glynda: Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.

(Y/N): Ironwood?

Ozpin: Ironwood is the headmaster at Atlas Academy and he's also runs the Atlas military. He's quite the busy man.

I saw a few more bullheads fly in.

Ozpin: But those are a bit of an eyesore.

I heard the elevator ding. I looked back and the elevator door opened. A man walked out.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin: Hello, General.

The two walked up and shook hands.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long.

Glynda walked up to them.

Ironwood: And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James.

She waved at him.

Glynda: I'll be outside.

She walked out of the office.

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

He looked past Ozpin and noticed me.

Ironwood: What is a student doing here?

Ozpin: Ironwood. This is (Y/N). I'm personally training him.

Ironwood walked up to me and offered a hand shake.

Ironwood: It's a pleasure to meet you.

I shook his hand. He sure is friendly. I thought he would be more serious, because he's a general.

(Y/N): It's nice to meet you too.

Ironwood: Do you know-

(Y/N): About the Fall Maiden? Yeah. Ozpin showed me.

Ozpin: So, Ironwood, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas?

Ozpin walked to his desk and picked up a mug and kettle.

Ozpin: Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival.

He poured the liquid from the kettle into the mug and handed it to Ironwood.

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year.

Ozpin: I am a little concerned with a small fleet outside my window.

Ironwood: Well, concern is what brought them here.

(Y/N): Well... Don't you think having a fleet outside make people worried?

Ozpin: Even (Y/N) understands the situation.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Ozpin: It's a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: But if what Qrow said is true...

Ozpin: If it's true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Ozpin: As am I. Which is why we will continue to train the best Huntsmen and Huntresses we can. We have someone with the most potential I've ever seen in this room right now.

Ozpin pointed at me. I have the most potential he has ever seen? I saw Ironwood start to leave the room.

Ironwood: He might have potential, but can he use it? Do you honestly believe your children can win a war?

He walked out the room. The room stayed silent. Me and Ozpin not saying a word. The silence is almost deafening.

Ozpin: I hope they never have to.

Ozpin turned to me.

Ozpin: I'm sorry. I didn't think the conversation would get so serious.

(Y/N): It's fine. So why was I called up here?

Ozpin: I wanted you and Ironwood to meet. I promise you, Ironwood is a nice man. He's just stressed right now.

I nodded. Awkward silence filled the room.

(Y/N): Hey... Ozpin?

Ozpin: Yes?

(Y/N): I want to ask you something. Why?

Ozpin: Why?

(Y/N): Why only show me the Fall Maiden? Why am I only getting personal training from you? Why me?

Ozpin: As I said, you have great potential. I'd even say it's limitless. The reason it's you is because I know that you can make a difference.

He grabbed his mug and took a sip from it.

Ozpin: We need to make sure you can tap into your fullest potential, or "She" will win.

(Y/N): Who's "She"?

Ozpin: That's for another time. I have some business I need to get too. You may leave now.

I walked over to the elevator. I stopped myself and looked back at Ozpin. He sat down at his desk. He noticed me staring at him.

Ozpin: Is there anything else on your mind?

(Y/N): It feels wrong. To keep this a secret from my friends.

Ozpin: I understand that feeling. It's best if they don't know, not yet at least. They will know, but they will know when they are ready.

(Y/N): ...Right.

I pushed a button and the elevator door opened. I walked into it and closed the doors.

(Time Skip)

I'm looking around for team RWBY. I started to follow their scents. I walked into Beacon's library.

Weiss: I hate this game of emotions we play!

What are they doing? I ran over to where I heard Weiss whining. I saw the four girls sitting at a table, playing a board game. I saw Ruby sitting on Weiss's lap, both of them hugging each other. Both of them are crying. Yang saw me looking at them.

Yang: Heya (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hi. Why are those two acting like children that got their toys taken away?

Ruby: My kingdom fell!

Weiss: Mine too!

Yang: Alright Blake, you're turn.

Blake got snapped out of her thoughts and looked at Yang.

Blake: Oh, um, sorry, what am I doing?

Yang: You're playing as Vale, trying to conquer the Kingdoms of Remnant!

Blake: Right.

Blake looked at me.

Blake: Do you want to play? I'm not really into board games.

(Y/N): Sure.

Blake handed me her cards. I looked at them.

Yang: Alright (Y/N). Are you ready to lose?

(Y/N): Kinda.

I thought about which card to play. An idea popped into my head. I started to stretch my arm really long. It went under the table and behind Yang. An eye grew on the palm of my hand. I can now see Yang's cards.

Yang: Are you going to make a move?

I played a fleet card and went to attack Yang's kingdom.

Yang: You fool!

She picked a trap card and played it.

Yang: Looks like your kingdom is-

(Y/N): Wait. If I play my trap card, it negates your trap card, right?

Yang: Yeah.

I played my trap card. Yang looked at her cards. She really doesn't have any good ones.

(Y/N): Are you going to make a move?

Yang: Shut up. I'm thinking.

(Y/N): Maybe if you had better cards...

Yang: Wait. How do you know my cards?

She looked behind her and saw my hand with an eye. She freaked out and punched it, hitting my eye.

(Y/N): OW!!!

I brought my hand back to normal length and got rid of the extra eye.

(Y/N): That was right in my eye!

Yang: I'm sorry. But you were cheating.

(Y/N): Is there a rule saying I can't make an eye on my hand to see your cards?

Yang: Um... No.

(Y/N): So that was not deserved!

I can still feel the pain in my hand. I noticed Blake get up from her seat and walked away. I assume she is going to her dorm.

(Y/N): Blake?

She didn't look back at me, but I know for a fact that she heard me.

(Y/N): Does anyone know what is up with Blake?

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang just shrugged at me.

Ruby: We should check on her.

(Y/N): Then let's get going.

(Chapter 12 end)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

406K 3.1K 11
(Wanted to make a short story and a AU) In Beacon High (Y/N) was an ordinary student who has no girlfriend or even popular among anyone, he try to fi...
8.7K 137 12
Y/n is on a never ending journey. He had made some friends during his travels. what awaits him now.
69.3K 1.1K 31
This is a RWBY reader insert. A story of you in the same school as RWBY. Will you complete the mission or disobey your Boss. Will you let love cons...
34.8K 1.2K 23
(F/N) Xiao Long. This year marks his second as a student of Beacon Academy; one of the greatest schools dedicated to training of future huntsmen and...