I Wish I Could Save You

By berzerkonharry

Lindsay Warren was a normal teenage girl.... she had the perfect family: an older sister and two wonderful pa... More

Author's Note: Trailer
Chapter 1: Tragedy Strikes
Chapter 2: A New Life
Chapter 3: Love At First Sight?
Chapter 4: Signing The Papers
Chapter 5: This Is Going To Be Hard
Chapter 6: Falling Harder
Chapter 7: Nightmares
Chapter 8: Awkward Silence
Chapter 9: Thank You, Louis
Chapter 10: The Kiss
Chapter 11: Su-sex-fully
Chapter 12: He's Addicting
Chapter 13: Ticklish
Chapter 14: It's Official
Chapter 15: Wrong For Each Other
Chapter 16: The Crash
Chapter 17: Surgery
Chapter 18: Waiting
Chapter 19: Don't Leave
Chapter 20: Getting Better
Chapter 22: Beautiful Girl
Chapter 23: Not Here
Chapter 24: For The First Time
Chapter 25: Time Together
Chapter 26: My Angel
Chapter 27: Forever and Always
Epilogue
NEW FANFIC

Chapter 21: More Tests

1.4K 9 1
By berzerkonharry

Chapter 21

Lindsay's POV

Harry's arms wrapped tightly around me as he slowly rocked me back and forth, calming my breathing. I let out another whimper as a shock of pain surged through my body. The flashes of the nightmare still lingered in my mind. The sight of the car flipping. The sight of my motionless father laying next to me.

Harry only tightened his arms around me. I could tell how cautious and gentle he was trying to be so he wouldn't bring me anymore pain. My body still ached.

I had had nightmares before about my dad's accident but nothing like this. I had never physically lashed out in my sleep.

"Harry?" I whispered.

"Mmmmm?" He hummed. I could feel the vibrations from his chest in my ear.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. My voice trailing off, afraid of what his reaction may be. Harry slowly sat me up, holding onto my shoulder with a firm grip. I winced at the slight movement, but it quickly passed. He looked me in the eyes, his green eyes piercing into mine. His brow furrowed.

"About what, love?"

"Bringing you into this." I whispered, about to break into sobs. I turned my head, unable to look at him. He didn't deserve the pain and trouble this mess was giving him. I never wanted any of this to end up like this. He let go of one of my shoulders and placed his fingers underneath my chin, forcing me to look at him.

"I love you, Lindsay." My eyes widened and I snapped my head back to meet his gaze, ignoring the pain now running down my spine. He smiled one of his cheeky smiles, his dimples showing. Butterflies erupted in my stomach, making me feel like I did when I first met him. I began to stare at him and I giggled, taking in his beautiful features.

"I love you, too, Harry." I whispered. His smile grew bigger, making his dimples more prominent.

I leaned down and laid my head back on his chest, his arms securely wrapping around me. He traced his fingers up and down my spine, sending chills throughout my body, practically erasing any signs of pain.

I smiled as he began to trace patterns on my lower back.

The moment ended all too soon as Dr. Wallace walked into the room.

He cleared his throat. "Sorry, for interrupting, but I need to talk to both of you." I could feel Harry nod against my head and the doctor continued. "After you were awoken from your nightmare, we checked all the tests we ran on you earlier. We realized that something seems different and since the tests were before your surgery we'd like to run them again, just to check." He flashed a reassuring smile our way, but it didn't convince me. It had a slight sense of worry in it like he wasn't telling us everything. I could feel Harry's body tense under me and I figured he felt the same way.

I interlaced my fingers in his, attempting to get him to relax. I looked up at him and flashed him a slight smile.

...

Harry's POV

More tests. More tests for Lindsay to be poked and scanned. I didn't want her going through anymore of that. The doctor walked in the room and told us it was time for her tests.

I stood to my feet and whipped around, catching Lindsay as she attempted to get up on her own. She flashed me a sheepish smile. She hadn't walked much, just to the bathroom and back.

Her hand locked with mine and my other hand slid around her hip trying to keep her up. I could tell she was trying to keep herself up as much as she could on her own but it was using all her energy. I placed a gentle kiss on top of her head.

"I've got you. I won't let you fall." I whispered into her hair. She let out a sigh of defeat and I could feel her body relax, putting more of her weight onto me. I hated that she felt so weak. So defeated. No one deserved what was happening to her, especially not her.

She slid her sock covered feet across the floor, too tired to actually pick up her feet. I slowly walked by her, keeping her from falling to the floor. She took deep breaths as she tried to catch her breath. This was the only physical activity she has had in awhile and she was already exhausted.

"Take your time." I whispered. She nodded but didn't slow down her speed. I tightened my grip on her hip and arm, attempting to hold her more so she didn't have to do all the work.

We walked into a cold, small room. It was dim and the only light was hanging over an examining table. The table was surrounded by X-ray machines. There was a large glass window in the room. Through the window, you could see a huge white machine in the middle of room. I assumed it was what they use for CAT Scans but I wasn't positive.

"Just lay right over here." The doctor gestured to the metal examining table. I led her over to the table. I gently laid her back onto the shiny, metal surface. I intertwined our fingers together once again. Her hands were ice cold and her body was shivering. Her eyes were closed as she tried to stop the shivering. I squeezed her hand tighter as I rubbed her arm with my other hand, trying to warm her.

Her eyes opened, revealing her vibrant blue eyes. They made me smile.

"We're gonna draw some blood. Are you ready?" She squeezed her eyes shut and nodded. The doctor pushed the needle into her arm and she winced, squeezing my hand harder. I brought her hand up to my face and placed gentle kisses on the back of it, trying to distract her.

I was unable to look at the amount of blood being take from her small body. It sickened me. I focused on her face as it scrunched up and the feeling of her skin on my lips. He finally withdrew the needle. She let out a sigh of relief and I could see her body relax slightly as she continued to shiver, her teeth chattering.

"Just hang in there, Lindsay. Just a couple more tests." The doctor waved to a nurse that was on the other side of the glass window. She swiftly walked into the room and the doctor gestured to Lindsay. She walked over to her and placed her hand over Lindsay's.

"I'm gonna take you in this room for your next test." She grabbed Lindsay's hand but I jumped to my feet, a sense of protection wiping over me.

"I've got her." I said as I placed a hand under Lindsay's knees and back. I picked her up bridal style. The doctor nodded at the nurse and she instructed me into the room with the large machine.

"Just place her down right here." She patted the white paper laying across the machine. I reluctantly did as I was told and gently placed her down. She swallowed, her mouth dry. She smiled up at me and her eyes shined into mine.

"You can't be in here while the test is running." The nurse wearily said. I nodded and looked back down at Lindsay. She placed her cold hand on my cheek and I leaned into it as her thumb stroked my cheek.

"I'll just be right out there, Baby." She nodded and she let her hand fall to her side. I reluctantly turned around, the nurse right behind me. The door was shut, leaving only Lindsay and the machine alone. The machine made a loud grumble and the platform Lindsay laid on slowly began to move into the tunnel looking part of the machine. I could see her chest rising and falling as she took deep breaths. I bit at my nails, trying to calm my nerves. I was nervous about what all these tests were gonna come back with. What if it was bad?

...

I carried her down the hospital hallway, her face nuzzled into my chest. Her body was still cold and I swiftly moved faster as I felt her shiver against my body. I looked down as she looked up at me. I smiled at her as she let out a deep breath.

I walked into her room, already feeling the difference in temperature. I gently laid her down in her bed and pulled the covers up over her shoulders. She cuddled into them. I sat in the chair next to her bed and wrapped my fingers in hers. She began to play with the tips of my fingers.

"Is there something interesting about my fingers?" I questioned.

She shook her head and let out a tired giggle. I leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. My knee bounced up and down at my nervousness. I could feel myself tense and I knew she could feel it too.

"Harry, calm down." She let out a weak smile. Her voice raspy and her lips cracked.

As if on cue, the doctor walked into the room. He placed his chart on the table in front of him and folded his together, placing them in front of them.

"We got the results back from the tests," he sighed before continuing. "I will tell you this now. It doesn't look good." His eyes filled with worry as Lindsay's body tensed.

______________________________________________________

Cliffhanger! I hope you guys liked it. I didn't edit this chapter so if there are any mistakes, sorry. :/

Please, comment, vote, and fan! (:

LOVE YOU ALL! (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8K 806 61
"I promised to keep you safe, and that's exactly what I'm going to do." Kelly Tomlinson followed in her father's footsteps at just 13 years old to be...
33.7K 1.6K 50
Tatum Williams, 17 years old, is finally in her last year of school. For her the years seemed to drag longer than usual. Tatum and her mom move aroun...
233K 7.9K 52
This is my story to tell and I am going to tell it. This story is about a boy, he was so broken before he met the loves of his live. Louis William To...
32.5K 1K 25
It's the end of senior year and Harry and Louis's relationship is at an all time high. High school is over and they are already planned to move to Lo...