But since we're going to die...

By hikarimitsuko

Levi and Eren are about to die and Levi reacts in a surprising way. A way that changes everything...a way tha... More

NOTICE
But since we're going to die here...
Do I look okay to you kid?
Care to entertain?
The first time
In the name of science
Ahem, Ahem!
Frowning menacingly
Shitty horse
Revenge is sweet
Goodbye
The best gift ever
Don't you dare...idiot!
Honesty
Rulers of this Kingdom
Enough
Awkward
Slipping away
The exit

Wings of freedom

176 3 3
By hikarimitsuko

(A/N)Hi guys! I just want to say thank you to the ones who read this fic week after week. It's been fun to write. I love ereri, always have, always will. They are my babies and to me it'll always be canon that they belong together no matter how SNK ends. Now, as I mentioned before, there will be a sequel. You can see the name in the (A/N) at the end. Please don't hate me!

—————————————————————————————————————————-

(LEVI POV)

"MOVE! GET OUT OF THE FUCKING WAY!" I shout to someone who walks slower than an elderly in the corridor.

I shove them on the side as I run while trying to put on my harness at the same time. I only had time to put on my jeans and white button up shirt somewhat properly before I heard the titan scream. Eren, what did you do? I let the tears fall down as I stumble and fall on my knees, totally incapable of putting on my harness correctly. I pull on it angrily. Someone kneels beside me and grabs my hand. I lift the other one to slap the person but she grabs my wrist and stops me.

"Levi... you won't be of any help that way." Hanji says. "Let me help you."

I nod, exasperated but knowing very well that I can't do this alone right now. She fixes the harness on my right leg while I fix the one on my left leg, not even trying to hide my fear and despair. Then, she helps me up and throws me my pair of boots.

"Thank you." I mutter as I put them on and start running again.

I push the door and I see Eren, rampaging the trees a little further away from the castle. He must have shifted there to be sure he wouldn't actually hurt anyone. It is still a possibility though and soldiers are aligning to try and put him down. I grit my teeth as anger fills me. Not only because they want to hurt him but because I did. I walk to them and place myself in front of the soldiers.

"YOU DO NOT EVEN THINK OF TOUCHING HIM! I'll take care of him. Am I being clear?" I ask, making sure every syllable sounds like a death threat.

"But Heichou, he is not himself...he..." Armin starts to say.

I sharply turn my head to him.

"ARLERT! Are you second guessing my ability to take him down? Are you going against one of my orders?"

I walk to him and glare angrily at his face.

"I swear you do not want to mess with me in the state of mind that I am in." I warn.

"No sir!" He says as he salutes me.

His eyes say more than that though. He is angry with me. Hell, I am too. What the fuck went through my mind? Erwin and Hanji walk out the door at the same time and the crowd grows by the second. I glance at Erwin.

"You stay the fuck away!" I mutter to them, hatred plastered all over my face.

Hanji knows it's nothing against her. It's all on Erwin. But technically it's all on me. Hanji nods while grabbing Erwin's arm and pulling him behind, closer to the castle's wall.

I move to the stables and grab a spare set of 3DM Gear. I put it on and it seems to take forever. When I'm finally done with all the buckles, I start walking closer to Eren. As I approach, his gaze falls on me. We both freeze and I'm wondering what he's going to do. It takes less than a second for him to start running towards me. I turn to the left where a couple of trees still remain intact and run for my life. The gear pulls me forward and up in the air as I grab the handles and press the trigger buttons. I haven't drawn my blades out because I refuse to hurt him. If anything I'll just get him out of there when I can reach the nape of his neck. I maneuver on the left and then on the right and then around him as he tries to catch me. Eventually, I manage to jump on his shoulder. I run forward closer to his head. I grab a hair strand and balance myself closer to his ear.

"EREN! Listen to me!" I order.

All I get is another roar as an answer and he almost makes me lose my balance as he shakes his head.

"EREN! Please, I was lost. I thought you betrayed me. I am so sorry that I didn't believe you, I should have let you explain. My ego, my pride, I should've listened to you. I am the one who betrayed you in the end. I am sorry. So sorry, I know you can hear me! Please Eren, stop! Stop before they kill you!"

He shakes his head again and this time I fall on my back on his shoulder. As I slide down, I grab one of the handles to press the trigger and hook myself onto Eren's skin before I fall to the ground. I regain my balance and I have no other choice, I need to get him out of there. I see Erwin, Connie and Armin walk closer to us fully equipped with 3DM gear.

"STAY THE FUCK AWAY!" I shout. "I got this!"

I jump off of his shoulder and switch my weight on my left leg in order to turn around him. The hooks never fail and grab at his skin many times leaving tiny dent holes that seems to take more time than usual to heal. As I get closer to his legs, I turn around him one last time, not removing the hooks to try and wrap the wires around him to make him fall to the ground as he gets twirled into my gear. It works. He falls on his knees. As soon as it's done, I make my way back up to his ear. I grab a piece of hair and rest my feet on his jawbone to support myself. He keeps on shaking his head but is more preoccupied by the fact that he is on the ground. He slowly raises one leg, almost ready to get back into standing position.

"Eren, please. I'll get you out of there, but don't run away from me. I want to talk about this. We can go away, we don't even have to stay here. I'll follow you wherever you go. Forever, remember? We made a promise and I intend on keeping it."

I let myself glide down to his neck and hook a blade to one of the handles. I kiss it, hoping that everything will be alright once again. As I push it inside the titan's body, he vibrates with anger and I don' t even see his massive hand as it hits me on the right, making me glide my blade inside of him as I finally let go and fall roughly on the ground, losing my breath. The crack I hear is unmistakable. I broke a bone. As I lay there on my side, my vision blurs and fills with black dots and pieces of grass, I also see the titan fall to the ground, blood dripping from his back. I try to sit but I fall back right away. I scream as I notice how the previously broken rib is now broken again and sticking out even more than before. My tibia also has a weird angle to it and I can't get up. I have no idea how I'm still conscious but I guess it's my body fighting on adrenaline. I sit again, barely breathing and blood dripping from my mouth onto my pants and shirt. I need to go see that he is alright.

Armin walks up to Eren, still stuck into the titan's back. As he kneels beside him, I see his face. Shock, fear, sadness. I know... I know what his face means.Jean walks to him right away and takes him away from Eren and back on the ground. I...need to see. What have I done? I get up slowly as adrenaline fills my body even more. I limp as fast as I can towards the titan's corpse. I climb as fast as possible onto his back. I reach the bloody opening, sliced unequally, my heart pounding in my chest. The vision of horror terrifies me. Eren's back is slightly cut, but the place where it is, is actually what matters. His spine certainly got touched because he has a cut from one side of his back to the other. I almost sliced him in half. I wonder if he can even heal now. Fear paralyzes me. I take a moment to process everything and then I take my blade out. I cut the muscles that hold him in place and drag him out, wincing as I try to ignore the pain from my broken bones. I kneel in front of him. I bring my head close to his heart. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. Ba-thump. He's alive, he's still there. I drag him onto my knees and hold him up a little, his face close to mine. He rests limply on me. I grab his hand and tighten my grip.

"Eren. Please wake up. Please wake up for me." I beg, tears falling from my eyes.

He doesn't move and I can feel his heartbeat fading as my palm let's go of his hand to check the familiar beating in his chest.

"E-Eren..." I stutter. "D-Don't leave me."

Uncontrollable sobs come out of me as I press my lips against his, leaving a trace of blood on his soft lips. Seeing as he has no reaction, I nestle my head into his neck, inhaling his scent, a mix of cinnamon and spring. I'm trying my best to ignore the atrocious pain that my ribs put me in when suddenly I feel a hand on my head. I straighten myself up.

"EREN!" I shout as I see his eyes half opened.

"S-stay there." He mutters as his hand points to his neck and blood drips from his mouth.

I instantly bring my head back to where it was.

"Eren, I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry. I love you." I say as I nudge my nose against the crease under his jaw. "I'll spend the rest of my life to make it up to you. Please don't leave me. I'm so sorry."

He places his hand right back up where it was, in my hair and starts to tangle his fingers in it.

"You told me to never remove my hand from there." He whispers. "Remember?"

I smile through tears as I recall the memory of this. That time where I tried to push him away but I couldn't. I was already in love with him. I had already fell too deep.

"How could I forget, Brat?" I smirk, nestling my head in the crease of his neck again.

"Listen, Levi. I'm gonna go now. I can't..."

He starts coughing and I see blood dripping down his jaw. I can't look up to his eyes. I can't see what I fear. I can't look at his soon to be lifeless green orbs staring blankly at me. I clench my fists and jaw and close my eyes.

"Please Eren, don't. I beg you. Don't leave me."

"...I-I'll be here, forever." He says as he puts his hand over my heart. "I love you Levi."

"E-Eren w-wait!" I stutter, unable to push down the growing lump in my throat. "There are so many things I'd like to say. I'm so sorry for being such a jerk. I love you! I always have, I always will. You are the only thing that matters. I promise I'll make it up to you. Even if it takes a hundred years. I promise I'll always be there but please, don't leave me. Don't leave me here. Remember our promise? You promised you'd never leave me. Please Eren."

No answer. I feel a breath. A long and steady one. A desperate call from the lungs who are giving one last shot at the heart. Ba-thump. Ba-thump..... Ba-thump...........Ba......thump. Then, he let's go of the breath he'd been holding and the beating stops as his heart gives up on this world. I blink a couple of times to try and chase the tears from my eyes. I sit back on my right heel, the only one still somewhat in the right angle. I'm suffocating. I look at him while my lungs can't seem take a breath correctly. The superficial intake of air makes me breathe faster and faster until I feel dizzy from it. I open my mouth and close it again.

In front of me, I see a smile, one that made my heart melt so many times, one that sits casually on Eren's face as he seems at peace. His eyes though, are empty. His soul, the beautiful and angry Eren Jaeger, is gone. My Brat is gone. My Eren...is gone, and it's all my fault. I stare at him, showing no emotions, empty hearted. I feel dead inside. I wipe some of the blood that he has around his mouth with my white button up. Not out of disgust, but just in a loving manner. And then, I bend down and kiss him one last time. I pull away from his soft lips, leaving a trace of mine in the drying blood. Who knows if he even heard what I said to him. Who knows if he even meant that he still loved me after all I did to him. I'll never know now.

I was so proud and full of myself, thinking I could never be wrong, that I destroyed everything. I lost everything. Once more. For the same reasons. This time, I won't go on. This time I can't go on. I lost all strength and will. I sit back up and place Eren back on the titan's skin that is already steaming and hot, leaving us some sort of privacy as it clouds around us. I look at the blade that rests beside me. I'm already badly injured. And I have no motivation to keep on doing this. To keep on living this life. I might as well end it. I might as well rid the world of the terrible person that I am.I pick up the blade and stare at it for a moment. Eren's blood is on it and I know that I do not want to live in a world where he is not. I raise it high and take one last breath. From the corner of my eye I see Hanji running towards me. And I hear her voice as everything seems to go in slow motion when I push the blade in one swift movement inside of my stomach. I glance at the soldiers in front of me and whisper:

"I'm sorry."

Then, I fall on top of Eren. Letting myself give up. Growing wings on my back. Setting myself free. Free of the guilt. Free of the responsibilities. Free of this life. Free to be with him forever, wherever that may be.

And who knows...we might even meet again. Wherever you are, I will find you Eren. I promise.

 ———————————————————————————————————————————-

(sequel) ********************************(sequel)

BUT SINCE WE ARE GOING TO LIVE HERE

Chapter 1: Nightmare (first paragraph only) 

I sit up straight, covered in sweat and completely out of breath. I look around a bit lost. Where am I? There's my nightstand on the right. The window in front of me. My wardrobe and bathroom on the left. I'm in... a bed? Oh right. My bed. Oh gosh what a nightmare. This seemed so realistic, why do I feel like crap so suddenly? It was just a nightmare. I get up and walk past the living room to enter the kitchen. I pour some water into the kettle and wait. I need some tea. I need to calm down. After a moment, I turn the kettle off, deciding to go take a shower instead. I walk back to my room and grab a towel. The bathroom floor is cold and I quickly undress myself to get in the hot shower. I let water drip down my back and place my hands on the wall. All of a sudden, I get flashes of showers with this guy, from that dream. I blush and tears stream down shortly after. It's overwhelming. I let myself glide down the wall as I try to figure out what the hell happened. Nothing else comes to my mind though. Ten minutes later I get out of the shower and decide to go back to bed. After all, I have to be at work in about two hours so I should probably try and rest a bit more. As my head hits the pillow, I fall almost instantly back to sleep. Will I dream of this guy again? I'm not sure...

—————————————————————————————————————————-

SO!!!! First, please don't kill me lol! Ereri is my life, there is no way I could end it that way. So you might want to read the sequel to see what's going to happen to them. I wish you guys would've left some comments at least on some chapters so that I would know what to aim for for the sequel. I already have everything lined-out but I wished I'd have more details on what YOU guys like. Anyways, go subscribe to "But since we're going to live here" ...

See you soon and I'm leaving you with a list of a couple of songs I listened to when I wrote this fic (well there are a lot but these specific ones were always close to me because they reminded me of ereri). ALSO, the first one on the list would probably be the credit song if this fic was ever a movie...

1-Imagine Dragons - Bleeding out

2-Coldplay – Fix you

3-Coldplay – The scientist

4-Goo goo dolls – Iris

5-Oasis – Wonderwall

6-James Blunt – Goodbye my lover

7-Imagine Dragons – My fault

8-Adam Lambert – For your entertainment

9-The weeknd – Wicked games

10-The weeknd – High for this

11-Tove Lo – Habits

12-Alesso – Heroes

13-Alex and Sierra – Give me love (it's a cover)

14-Yeah yeah yeah – Heads will roll

15-KSM – Distracted

16-MSTRKRFT ft. John Legend – Heartbreaker

17-Muse – Undisclosed desires

18-Metric – Love is a place

19-Queens of the stone age – No one knows

20-Cascada – Why you had to leave

21-The script – Breakeven

22-30seconds to mars – The kill

23-Linkin Park – Numb

24-Imagine Dragons - Demon

26-A great big world – Say something

27-The Fray - Never say never

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 366 18
[Been edited] So this is my first time writing a fanfic. Sorry if there is grammar mistakes and story sucks. Eren Jeager. Is going to Titan high, whe...
41.6K 1.1K 43
You are a strong young woman, Y/N Hanzer, who escaped from the Underground City with your best friend, Greg Schneider. But one day, Commander Erwin S...
1.3M 45.9K 39
[Attack on Titan fanfiction] Your name is Estelle, and you're a freshman. One day you happen to run into a steel-eyed stranger named Levi, and befor...
39K 1.9K 27
Since their childhood days, Levi is a friend of the Yeager twins. They're inseparable, and something being more than friends eventually developed. Bu...