The Royal Arrangement

Oleh anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... Lebih Banyak

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 11: In for a Surprise
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 19: You are the one for me
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Chapter 24: Back Home
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 37: Oh Boy!
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
Epilogue
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Chapter 32: The Surprise

4.5K 208 24
Oleh anamika200

Jai's POV:

I come back home excited for the ceremony, and make my way to my parents' rooms. I can see them already getting ready. I let out a whistle.

"Wow... someone here is looking very pretty." I say looking towards my mom.

She turns to me with an angry glare on her face. I go towards her and give her a hug.

"Enough butter polishing, I am not forgiving you for going to office today or for coming this late."

"Mom, I told you it was very important or else I wouldn't have gone myself. I am sorry."

"Jai, take a seat, I want to talk to you."

Strange. The tone in which mom asked me to take a seat, is making me anxious.

"Mom, is everything alright?"

"Actually, the thing is, first you will listen to me and then react. Okay?" I give her a quick nod.

"Maira wants to postpone the engaged. I mean she should be tel-"

"Jai, where are you going, hear what your mom-"

"No, dad, I will talk to her for once and for all." I am furious as well as upset. I thought we had it established that we are getting married.

I make my ways towards Maira's room and knock on it. Thankfully, Maira opens it, because I am so furious at this point that I don't want to deal with anyone. She looks shocked but quickly recovers.

"Jai, what are you doing here?"

"I need to talk to you alone." Seeing her I realise that I should try and stay as calm as I can. I don't wanna shout at her knowing she doesn't like getting shouted at.

"Okay? Come in." She is confused? Why?

"What is this Maira? Why do I hear that you wanna postpone the engagement?" I pinch my nose to keep my temper in check.

"Why are you making such a huge deal out of it?"

"Then how is it, Maira. What do you want me to tell you that will make you feel secured enough? Do you wanna even get married to me now?" I look at her.

"Yes, Jai I do. Everything I did was for you."

"You denying to get engaged to me is something you are doing for me. Right!"

"Jai, why are you- Wait, what? I am just postponing the engagement not cancelling it and I thought you'll be happy hearing the reason."

"Happy hearing that you don't wanna get engaged with me?" I can feel my voice getting higher but not to the point of extreme shouting. Maira lets out an exasperated sigh.

"Jai, sit down and let me explain. I am pretty sure there is a misunderstanding here." I take a seat grumpily.

"Explain." I say with my raised eyebrows in a tight tone.

"Don't you dare use that tone with me Mister." Calm down Jai. You both cannot be hot headed. From the beginning you knew, you had to be the calm one here.

"Okay, tell me why do you wanna postpone the engagement?" I ask her calmly this time.

"Jai, why is postponing the ceremony by an hour or so such a big deal to you?" Now it's my time to get shocked.

"What?"

"Yes, I want to postpone the engagement by an hour or two. I didn't think that it's that big of a deal."

"Oh, but mom said that you don't want an engagement-"

"Did she not say anything else?"

I scratch my neck knowing what's coming next.

"I might have exited the room furious taking it in a wrong way." Maira slaps her forehead.

"First you need to learn to listen what someone has to say entirely before deciding."

"Look who's talking." She scrunches her nose knowing I am right, but would it be Maira if she let's herself been proven wrong?

"Well, I only tend to do that when a person gives me a reason to. Like you stood me up, and out of the blue declared me your fiancee, I was bound to think that you are not serious." She places her hands on her waist.

Now that I have calmed down I see that Maira's hair have been curled towards the bottom and they are half pinned leaving few strands open that are touching her soft skin making me feel jealous.

"Also, next time try talking before coming to conclusions, that's something normal mature people like us do, wherein we sit and calmly talk out their problems and not raise their voice at each other."

"What if I don't know how to talk?"

"Don't worry I will teach you how to bear smacks from me then." The saccharine voice that Maira used with the glare accompanying it made me laugh.

"But Jai, why did your mom even tell you, I mean it wasn't that big of dea-"

"Let's just say that was mom's way of taking revenge."

"Revenge? For what?"

"For going to office today despite her asking me multiple times not to."

"I am sorry for misunderstanding you. I am such an idiot I even saw mom getting ready and the decorations in the living area. I will get going then and leave you to get ready too." I am about to exit the room when I turn around.

"Maira, what is the reason of this postponement, if I may know?"

"Well, you need not know about it just yet. Got out now, I need to get ready." This woman is gonna make me go crazy.

I return to my room and see my dress already lying on my bed for me. I take some rest and shower to get rid of the tiredness before deciding to get ready. I wear a long Jodhpuri black blazer coat with a off-white pyjama.

(Jai's dress)

I hurriedly get dressed and make my way downstairs and meet Maira's family. My mom gives me a teasing look, well aware she got her revenge and knowing Maira, she knows I might have gotten an earful.

I interact with Maira's brother-in-law and her sister, and much to my shock even her parents. After sometime I am asked to sit on a sofa but as I was making my way towards it I see Maira coming down the stairs. She is wearing a lavender saree, with a cape like blouse, and her radiant skin making her look all the more pretty.

(Maira's dress)

She descends down the stairs with Dia and Anaya on her either side. She hasn't looked up yet and I can tell she is getting overwhelmed with everyone looking at her.

We both are made to sit next to one another. I am so lost looking at the person sitting beside me that I didn't notice someone in front of me until now.

"Why bhai (brother), I know my bhabhi (brother's wife) is gorgeous and pretty, whom you just wanna keep looking at but the least you can do is hug your brother whom you haven't met for two years." The teasing in his voice isn't lost but it's the fact that I can see Armaan here in front of me that leaves me shocked.

"What are you doing here?"

"I thought family was supposed to be present in your engagement and being your brother, I am a part of this family, I guess."

"Maira is rubbing off on you."

"Well, hasn't she rubbed on all of us, especially you?" He gives me a teasing looks that said he was implying only me in his sentence.

"Shut up, come here." I give him a tight hug.

"But how come you came back today? I mean I thought you said you cannot make it on such a short notice?"

"Well, my lovely bhabhi (brother's wife) here made it all possible. Lemme go and meet her." He pushes me away before moving towards Maira.

"Hello, bhabhi jaan (brother's wife). How are you?"

"We talked few minutes ago only Armaan." She gives him a small disbelieving look accompanied with the smile.

"Well, in those few minutes you saw my dashing brother all dressed up for you, so I was bound to ask for update."

"Dashing, who? Do you have another brother because I cannot see anyone dashing in this room." She looks around to prove her point.

"Ahhh, you wound me bhabhi. I get it my brother isn't that handsome but me? I-"

"Okay, okay, cut it now. You guys can argue later on, first we need to complete the ceremony." My mom interjects.

Our heads are covered with cloth before we are given gifts. Maira is given gifts from my family while I get gifts from Maira's family. Both our families didn't believe in giving and taking so it's the bare minimum which the customs require that we exchange. It was then the time for exchanging rings. Maira made me wear mine while I made her wear the one I picked for her. The rings are pretty simple since we didn't have time for anything fancy. It's a plain platinum band for me while I got Maira a platinum band with diamonds studded all around. After the gifts are exchanged, Maira and I get up and take blessings from our elders before returning to our seats.

My grandfather, father and Maira's father go to my dad's study to talk, while all the elderly ladies occupy the dining area to talk, leaving us, the youngsters to enjoy ourselves in the hall itself. Maira and I are sitting on the couch in the middle of the room, away from anyone's earshot.

"Was Armaan the reason for the postponement?"

"Yeah, he was a bit behind schedule than expected, so I had to postpone it." I give her a nod.

"Thanks, Maira. Whatever you did today means a lot to me and I am glad that you did it. If you don't mind, how did you manage it, that too so soon?"

"Jai, a magician never lets out his secret. You underestimate your fiancee, you don't know what she is as of now." She says with a big proud smile before continuing. "And whatever I did was my way of saying thanks."

"Thanks for what?"

"For the message you sent me." I know Maira isn't really an expressive person, but she thinks alot about things and has a different way of showing her emotions.

"Maira relationships aren't meant to be a quid pro quo, I sent the message because I knew you will overthink yourself. I didn't do it to get something in return." I tell her softly.

"But it should not be only one party doing all the giving."

"Trust me, I don't mind it when it comes to us." I can see a tint of pink of her cheeks.

"Are you blushing? Ms. Maira Kapoor is blushing that too because of me!" I let out a fake gasp.

I can see her getting irritated and srunching her buttoned nose.

"I don't blush. It's probably the weather or the makeup that you see."

"Oh really!" I enjoy teasing Maira.

"Yes, really!"

"Maira, come with me for a minute, I wanna talk to you about something."

"But, what if others will look for us?"

"I am not kidnapping you, we will be back before they know it." I can see her reluctance and so I hold her hand and start taking her with me.

"Where are you taking bhabhi (brother's wife), bhai (brother)?" I turn to see a teasing smile on my sister's face.

"Nowhere you should be concerned with."

"Oh, so you won't mind if I come with you guys then?"

"Dia, don't irritate me. Go away, we will be back in some time."

"Nah, I don't think I will leave you guys alone."

"Dia..."

"Yes, bhai?" She gives me a teasing smile. Her gaze falls on Maira's and mine joined hands and I feel Maira withdrawing her hand from my grip but I just tighten it. Seeing her struggle, I unwillingly let her hand go.

"How about I get you something in return for you covering up for us?" I suggest knowing it might work.

"Hmm...I am willing to negotiate, keep on talking, I am getting convinced I guess."

"Maybe some vouchers for your favourite clothing brand?" I can see that she's changing her mind.

"Your phone is tattered so maybe a new iPhone?"

"Okay, okay, you guys can go."

I start leaving when I see another obstacle coming our way. "Where to Jiju (sister's husband)?" This time it is Anaya.

"What do I have to get you to allow me to take your sister away just for few minutes?" I am so done. This is my fiancee I want to take to a corner and not some random girl!

"You don't have to give her anything." Maira intervenes.

"Really Di (Sister)?"

"Anaya, go inside."

"I am anyways dealing with Jiju not you. Stay out of it."

"Well, Jai and I are one only, so dealing with him means dealing with me."

"Oooooooo." I can see Maira getting flustered but she isn't gonna back down soon.

"So mature Anaya. Move aside and let us go."

"Jiju!" She looks at me expectantly to help her. Maira turns to me and gives me a look daring me to go against her.

"I am sorry Anaya. In your 18 years you haven't been able to get your sister do what you want, how am I supposed to master that art in few weeks?" I raise my hand in surrender giving a sad look to Anaya.

Maira turns to give a victorious look to Anaya.

"You know you are like those tyrannical kings. Even jiju (sister's husband) is afraid of you now."

"Oh darling why a tyrannical king, I am a tyrannical Queen. Now that we have that established, can we go?"

"What if I say no?"

Maira grabs my hand and pushes her way removing Anaya out of the way. I am shocked not by what she just said but because she initiated to hold my hand for the first time.

Once we were out on the porch, Maira turns to look at me.

"Where do you wanna take me?" I come out of my daze. She has withdrawn her hand. I can see her rubbing her arms up and down due to the slightly cold weather.

"Come on follow me." I take her towards the back of the palace where there is a fountain. This place was where I asked Maira to wait for me the day I stood her up.

I turn towards her and see her remembering that day too. The pain in her eyes were enough for me to know that she was thinking this only.

"Maira, I know what you are thinking and no matter what, I won't be a able to apologise enough for it."

"It wasn't my intention to stand you up but it were the circumstances that forced me too."

"Yeah, going on prospective bride hunt was a circumstance that kept you from informing me that you are not gonna make it." She reminds me bitterly.

"No, knowing I was being forced to meet someone while my mind was occupied with your thoughts made me forget that I had to meet you here."

"Real smooth. You forgot you had to meet me because you were lost in my thoughts. Niceeeee." I can see the disbelief and amusement in her eyes.

"Well, is this why you brought me here?"

"Ohh that, actually, I wanted to tell you that- wait...what is that over there?" I point behind Maira and when she turns to look back, I get done on my knee.

She turns to look back at me probably to ask what I was pointing at, but she gasped seeing me sitting on my knee and on the cue the fairy lights around the fountain turned on, making her face glow more if possible. I take a deep breath before starting.

"Maira, I want to tell you that I will always try and strife to be a better version of myself, I will try and come with better comebacks to your sarcastic comments. I will never let you regret giving me and this relationship a chance. I will take you to places where we can try different cuisines, I will help you wear your shoes when you don't wanna use your hands, I will try to not raise my voice at you, and be by your side on every step of our journey from this moment onwards. I will treat your parents like mine and just not in words but even by my actions, I will never let anyone harm you and if they do, I will stand next to you when you kick their ass because I know you wanna fight your own battles. I want to embrace your sarcastic, stubborn, lawyer, angry, happy, bubbly, sensitive, overthinking, and all other sides which I am yet to discover. I will always expect you to be by my side and never behind me, we will be equals in this relationship, if only you do me the honor of saying yes today. So, Ms. Maira Kapoor, will you marry me and grace me with your presence by my side till we are 100 years old and no longer able to walk without each other's support?" I look at her and can see her big brown teary eyes.

"I am not stubborn, and I don't-" She says, her voice a bit heavy, hopefully due to the emotions.

"Maira, out of all the things I spoke, why do you have to get stuck on that. Please give me the answer to the question I asked."

"First you say I am not stubborn." She argues.

"But you are."

"Then I won't give you the answer."

"But Maira-"

"Say, I am not stubborn." I let out a lost sigh.

"Okay I am sorry Maira and please forgive me for calling you stubborn. You are the most- what's the opposite of stubborn....un-stubborn person I know." Why can't she see how stubborn she is?! She just forced me to say she isn't stubborn by being stubborn. God, save me!

"I don't think un-stubborn is even a word. But we are already getting married. Do I really need to answer it?" Well, Maira won't be Maira, unless you receive a smart ass comment from her.

"Maira!" I chide at her. My knees have started to hurt now being in this lunging position. I am trying to propose here and not exercise!

"Ahh, lemme put you out of you misery...but wait you don't propose without a ring. I might have to think again." She makes a thinking face. Now that I realise I forgot to take the ring out of my pocket. I quickly stand up and take it out.

"I am sorry I forgot to take out the ring." I say sheepishly scratching my head.

"And here I thought you knew about a perfect proposal." She exclaims!

"It's not like I go on proposing people on a daily basis."

"You sit on your knee while offering the ring Prince. Do I need to teach you everything?" I give her a disbelieving tease-ful look and am about to go back on my knees when she holds my hand.

"I was kidding."

"Maira, you sure know how to kill the vibes."

"Ahh, why, thank you, sire." She throws a heart aching grin my way.

"So, Ms. Kapoor, is it a yes?"

"Yes, Mr. Jai Singh Rathore, I will marry you and grace you by my glorious presence by your side for next 100s of years to come."

I slide the ring in her ring finger. I can see Maira, looking at me with so much of emotions in her eyes which I didn't think would ever be possible.

I wanted to hug Maira but I knew this wasn't the right time. I need to be patient when it comes to Maira. She still hasn't opened up to me and isn't comfortable with me touching her.

"Jai, let's go back inside. I am sure everyone must be waiting for us."

Though when we came outside it was a bit chilly, we both are warmed up inside now. Together we make our way inside and all that I am sure of in this moment is that both Maira and I are happy with the way things are going.

__________________________________________

Hey guys!!

I was really excited about this chapter. Yikessssss!! I mean my excitement must be apparent from the very fact that I uploaded this chapter so soon. Please give love to this chapter.

I hope you had as much fun reading it as much I had while writing this.

Please vote and comment what you think of the chapter.

Love you all:)

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

119K 12.3K 72
Destiny is cruel sometimes. It snatches away a lot from you. Sometimes it snatches the dreams in your eyes and passion in your heart. Dream of living...
3.8M 158K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
307K 13.2K 63
When the prince doesn't believe in genuine love-arrange marriage and the princess thinks she is not worthy of being someone's wife or a Queen.. What...
3.4M 195K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...