Love... What Bullshit!!!

By Navya_Mishra

Two unknown people... Both incomplete in their own ways!!! Will they be able to complete each other?? Fill i... More

Part 1
Characters
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18:
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35:
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
😡😡😡
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Question!
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 59
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68
Part 69
Part 70
Part 71
Part 72
Part 73
Part 74
Part 75
Part 76
Part 77
Part 78
Part 79
Part 80
Part 81
Part 82
Part 83
Part 84
Part 85
Part 86
Part 87
Part 88
Part 89
Part 90
Part 91
Hang in there...
Part 92
Part 93
Part 94
Part 95
Part 96
Part 97
Part 98
Part 99
Part 100
Part 101
Part 102
Part 103
Part 104
Part 105
Part 106
Thanks!
There?
New Story Alert: The Fall...

Epilogue!

6.8K 702 92
By Navya_Mishra

SURPRISE!!!!!!

Well to any of you, who still happen to have this story in their library. Thank you..

Hello people!

How are you all?

It's almost 2:30 am, but even after knowing that I have work tomorrow morning, I wasn't being able to sleep.  So I thought why not edit and upload this Epilogue that I wrote so long back.

Hope you all love it as much as you loved this story.

Enjoy Reading!

Cheers...
-------------------------------------------------

Nandini: Please let me know once the cards the ready. I will send someone in to pick them up! Thank you...

Nandini said disconnecting the call as she marked off the 'Invitation Cards' point from her To Do List. She read the next one, which was 'Venue' and picked up her phone to make the call.

Nyonika: Need help?
She heard Nyonika's voice before turning to her side to see Nyonika taking a seat next to her.

Nandini: It's fine Mom... You relax! I'll handle this.

Nyonika: I have spent years organizing such events Nandini, a few calls are not going to wear me out. Come on show me what all is left.

Nandini smiled at her before placing her dairy in between the two of them.
Nandini: So I have covered most of it, just there few things left. And then we will have to wait for the cards to arrive before we start the distribution.

Nyonika: I thought Manik decided to simply send them out and not invite anyone personally this year.

Nandini: Yes, but RM Heights have always sent out personal invitations to our investors and important clients. It felt like a tradition going on ever since the beginning, so we decided not to change it. After all it's the Company's Anniversary Party.

Nyonika smiled at this and nodded as the two of them completed the rest of the calls. They were done in a few minutes, when Nandini finally kept her things aside.

Nandini: I'm glad this is all done before this little devil woke up...
She said with a soft chuckle as she turned to her side smiling at her little bundle of joy.

Nyonika: I can't believe it's been almost two years...
Nyonika said as she caressed the face of the sleeping baby.

Nandini: Neither can I...

Nyonika: It still feels like just yesterday when you first stepped into this house, while preparing for another such Anniversary event for the company.

Nandini smiled broadly at this as she glanced at the bedside photo-frame admiring the look on her husband's face as he gazed down at her while she was smiling at the camera.
Nandini: How can I ever forget that event! The 25th Anniversary of RM Heights... It was those few days preparing for the Party that Manik literally forced his friendship onto me. I found my Best Friend because of this event and I am forever going to be grateful of this idiotic stubborn head for that.

Nyonika laughed at this as Nandini turned her eyes away from the picture. 
Nandini: You know, I never thought I will have it all...

Nyonika: You deserved it all, and so you got it! 
Nyonika replied back to her kindly, and something in her eyes made Nandini believe in her words. She couldn't help but thank God for this beautiful woman sitting in front of her, who had filled up that void of a Motherly Figure in her heart Forever.

"MOM!! MOM... I DID IT...."
Nandini jumped slightly at the loud voice pulling her out of her thoughts. She turned around just as the source of the loud voice ran into her room, moving straight towards her.

"You know I just ran up the board and then jumped right in... It was so fun! 16 ft. can you imagine."

Nandini chuckled at her six year old son as she pulled him into her lap,
Nandini: Well done my brave boy. I am proud of you! 

She saw Manik entering the room as Atharva continued his ranting,
Atharva: You should have been there... It was so high, but I didn't get scared at all. I went up there and dived in. Right Dad?

Nandini caught the smile on Manik's face as he nodded,
Manik: Of Course champ... It was amazing!

Nandini smiled brightly at them, while Atharva moved on turning to face Nyonika and went into an animated version of his story explaining everything to them. 

Nandini: Okay okay... Why don't you two get freshened up before we all sit downstairs and listen to your swimming stories along with some food. I am sure you must be hungry.

Atharva: Are there any sandwiches?
Atharva asked looking up excitedly at Nandini, making her chuckle.

Nandini: Yes... But first bath!

He jumped off her lap and rushed out of their room as Nandini turned towards Manik with her eyes raised,
Nandini: How long was he standing on the diving board before finally jumping?

Manik: Almost 18 minutes... 10 of them literally in tears!
Manik replied with a sigh making both Nandini and Nyonika laugh.

Manik: I'll just go freshen up!
He said to them and walked towards the washroom after leaving his stuff on the side table. Just as he closed the door shut behind him, Nandini saw her little angel cooing softly in her sleep. A smile crept onto Nandini's face as she leaned closer towards her daughter and caressed her face.

Nandini: Mansi.... Wakey wakey!

The little girl moved her arms in the air looking for Nandini, with her eyes still closed as nandini held her hands in hers and bobbed her nose softly making the girl open up her eyes.

As the girl found her Mother's face smiling down at her, a dazzling smile came onto her face making Nandini and Nyonika swoon instantly. It always surprised Nandini, how her daughter always woke up so Happy, she was just like Manik in this trait, while Atharva was more like Nandini in this as he too woke up cranky and whining.

Nyonika: Did my little doll have a nice sleep?

Mansi giggled out loudly at her words before nodding softly as Nandini pulled her up in a sitting position.

Nandini: That's amazing... Now time to fill in our tummy. You hungry!

Mansi: Yesh...
Mansi said nodding enthusiastically making Nandini chuckle.

Nandini: But first you need to get all pretty right? So we will change clothes and then go downstairs...

Nyonika: Nandini, You carry on clear this up, I'll get her changed...
Nyonika said smiling at Mansi as Nandini nodded and got up. She handed Nyonika a cute little dress for Mansi as she proceeded to clear off all the stuff around her related to the party that she was planning.

Just as Nyonika finished dressing up Mansi, Nandini heard her chip happily.
Mansi: Daddy...

Nandini saw her daughter smiling broadly at Manik's watch and wallet that was kept at the side table, which of course her daughter recognized well enough. Willing to give Manik a few minutes to himself after his bath, Nandini tried to turn her attention elsewhere,
Nandini: Daddy is waiting downstairs baby... Come on, let's go see him!

But this little was too smart for her age as she slid down Nyonika's lap and onto the ground before  wobbling towards the side table where she picked up Manik's watch and showed it to Nandini.

Mansi: Daddy's time...

Nandini: Not time baby... It's called a Watch and it shows time.
Nandini spoke up softly, rolling her eyes when she saw the little girl ignoring her as she wobbled towards the washroom door, definitely listening to the sound of the shower now. She walked closer to the door before sitting down on the floor, right in front of the door playing with the watch with her eyes stuck on the door.

Nandini sighed at her as Nyonika got up,
Nyonika: I'll go get the staff serve something for everyone...

Nandini: Okay Mom... We'll be down soon!

Nandini had always known that their daughter would have Manik wrapped around her little finger. It was even before Atharva was born that she predicted what having a daughter would mean to Manik. But in all this, she never knew that her daughter too would be equally smitten towards Manik as he was to her.

Manik had always been an amazing son, an amazing brother, an amazing friend and a more than amazing Husband. But he crosses all those boundaries when it comes to what kind of a father he is. He adores his children like anything and would do anything to make them happy. No matter how busy he was, he would make time for his kids. He could sit for hours and listen to them rant about anything and everything under the sun, no matter how senseless their rant is. 

The sound of the washroom door unlocking made her turn in that direction as she glanced at her daughter sitting eagerly as if ready to win a lottery. Manik opened up the door and stepped out dressed in a simple vest and a pair of shorts, a towel around his neck as he used it to dry his hair.

Mansi: Daddy!
Mansi squeaked happily from the floor, startling Manik as he shifted his gaze downwards while Nandini laughed out loud.

Manik: You naughty girl...
Manik spoke up as he picked her up in his arms shaking his still dripping hair near her face making the girl giggle.

Mansi: Rain... Rain...

Manik chuckled at it as he kissed her cheek. Mansi forwarded his watch to him as Nandini spoke up,
Nandini: Will you get her downstairs, she doesn't even listen to me once she gets to know that you are around.

Manik: Jealous Mrs. Malhotra?
Manik said teasing her while Nandini simply huffed.

Nandini: Very...

Manik: Jealous of me getting her attention or her getting mine!

Nandini: For now... Her getting yours! Weren't your innumerable fans enough that I had to get another girl that too in this very house taking up your attention.
Nandini replied getting back to her work as she turned her back towards him. Manik chuckled as he walked closer to her.

Manik: You know it as much as I do that you never had anything to worry about when it came to my attention going onto any of my fans. I have my eyes fixed on only one girl.

Nandini felt him drop a kiss on her cheek as she blushed softly only for her daughter to whine loudly looking at Manik with a pout on her face.

Nandini laughed at this as Manik stared at Mansi with in astonishment. 
Nandini: See... I told you! Now give her a kiss as well before she started crying!

Manik followed her words and kissed Mansi's cheek, seemingly satisfying the girl as her pout disappeared and she simply leaned onto Manik's shoulder playing with his watch in her hand. Manik's face reddened at this as he understood how correct Nandini was. Nandini noticed his blushing face as she laughed before folding her arms in front of her as she raised her eyes at him.

Nandini: Now Mr. Malhotra! You get what I was saying. I have a competition here... 

She turned around and walked straight to the door while saying to him.
Nandini: Get her downstairs please, will you? I'll go and check with Atharva if he is done or if he is still playing with the water in there.

A few minutes later, they were all sitting downstairs enjoying their evening like any other day. After spending the entire day around her kids and arranging the party, Nandini used this time to relax as her kids got busy playing with their grand parents.

Manik noticed her laying her head backwards as she closed her eyes for a few minutes, when he slid his arm around her and pulled her closer, her head now resting on his shoulder.

Manik: You okay?
He asked her softly making her nod as she replied back in a whisper.

Nandini: Yes... Just tired! 

Manik: Is it time for a refresher vacation yet?

Nandini opened up her eyes at this as she caught her favorite smile on Manik's face, the smile that was only reserved for her.
Nandini: Even if it is... Are you ready to leave Mansi alone? 

Manik: It is going to be a little difficult and she is definitely going to throw a fit, but I guess we deserve a break. I remember the last refresher we had was shortly after Atharva's 3rd birthday. 

Nandini narrowed her eyes at this as she looked up at him properly,
Nandini: I was pregnant with Mansi shortly after that, you better not be planning to knock me up again this time.

Manik laughed out loud at this, gaining in his parents attention as the older couple turned towards the two.
Harsh: What's happening?

Nandini hit Manik softly trying to make him to soft laughing as Manik raised his eyes at her in question. She looked at him for a few minutes before rolling her eyes,
"Fine!"

Manik pulled her closer again as he turned towards his parents,
Manik: Nothing much! Just a question...

Nyonika: And what's that?

Manik: How ready do you think you two are for some full-time baby sitting?

Both Nyonika and Harsh broadened their eyes as they glanced at the two kids playing on the floor and then at MaNan. Just then Mansi got up from her place next to her brother as she walked closer to Harsh and forwarded a Barbie towards him along with a tiny comb, clearly wanting him to help her with the hair.

Harsh took the Barbie from her as he made the little girl comfortable on his lap before looking up at Manan,
Harsh: Well... This is going to be fun!

MaNan along with Nyonika laughed out loud at this as they took in the sight of this Man, known to be one of the Toughest Businessmen, struggling to tie a Barbie's hair.

-----------------------------

33rd Anniversary Party of the RM Heights and just like every time in the past 8 years, this year too the day of the event meant Nandini running around at the venue shouting commands left and right.

Manik: Nandini would you relax now, it's all done. You need to get ready it's hardly an hour left before the guests start pouring in.

Nandini: I know Manik I will get ready on time, you don't worry I'm just-
Just then she noticed someone arranging the flowers on a table and sighed,
Nandini: Would you please hurry up with these? I said I wanted the flowers on the table by the afternoon. Why are these just coming in?

Manik: Nandini... Calm down would you? It's all done and it looks beautiful in here.

Nandini: It does?

Manik: Yes... Now relax! And go get ready... I'm here, if anything needs to be done, I'll take care of it.

Nandini: Okay... Where are Atharva and Mansi?

Manik: Atharva is in Cabir's room playing with Ayaz, Navya's babysitter is with the two of them, so I don't think they would be leaving their video games to join the party. I think dhruv is going to drop Utkarsh too with them.

Nandini: And Mansi?

Manik: Last I knew Aliya was planning to play Dress-up with our little girl, so I think she is pity much sorted. 
Nandini laughed at this as Manik led her towards the exit. Nandini went up to the suite booked for the two of them and decided to take a quick bath, after which she got ready for the party.

It was almost an hour later, when she was almost done. She wanted to have enough time to check onto her kids before proceeding for the party. Sitting in front of the mirror, she was choosing which of her ear rings would go better with the dress when she heard a whistle from door.

Manik: On the scale of 1 to 10, what are the chances that I can convince you to skip the party along with me?
Manik asked leaning on the door gazing at his beautiful wife.

Nandini: Negative...
She replied before turning to face him making Manik's eyes broaden.

Manik: Planning to kill me or what?
He groaned eyeing her deep neck line.

Nandini rolled her eyes at him as she picked up her dupatta and wore it properly, before looking up at him,
Nandini: Now tell me, how do I look?

Manik: Out of the world...

Manik replied with at most sincerity making Nandini blush.
Nandini: Can you please help me pin this dupatta properly? You know how Mansi gets if it's loose, she'll keep on playing with it.

Manik nodded at her as he walked closer to her, making her turn to face the mirror as he stood behind her taking the pins that she passed him. 

Manik: I can't wait for this party to get over, so that by tomorrow morning I can steal you away from this entire world.

Nandini: Only for a few days...

Manik: Even if it's just 10 days, all I care about is that I will have you all to myself, without any interruptions or work.

Nandini smiled softly as he finished pinning her dupatta on both sides and placed a soft kiss on her neck. He handed her over a pair of ear rings from the table which she was struggling to choose from, before winking at her as he walked away,
Manik: I'll go get Mansi from Aliya.
------------------

The party was fabulous as Always for the Malhotras, leaving everyone astonished by the level of preparations. Nandini stole the show again as Harsh couldn't stop praising her for it all.

That night MaNan put both their kids to bed, wishing them a good bye as the two would be gone the next morning before the kids woke up. And before they knew it was the Morning and they were onboard on the flight to Cape Town to have some time alone for themselves.

Nandini: I just hope those two don't trouble Mom and Dad much.
Nandini said to Manik as they were waiting for the flight to take off.

Manik chuckled at this and shook his head,
Manik: Mom and Dad are up for some fun. I can guarantee the kids are going to drive them mad.

Nandini: Manik!

Manik: What... You know them! But now that we are here, lets not worry about anything and enjoy ourselves for a few days okay.

Nandini took a deep breath nodding at his words and replied,
Nandini: Okay!

Manik: Here... I got you something!
Manik said as he pulled out a coffee flavored chocolate from his pocket.

Nandini laughed at this and took it from him flashing him a tongue. It had been a running joke between the two of them ever since Atharva was born. Whenever Nandini would be too tensed , Manik would get her Coffee Chocolates as Coffee was one thing thag she missed most during her pregnancy months.

Ever since then Coffee Chocolates for Nandini felt like a symbol of everything passing away with sweetness.

The flight took off soon giving them an opportunity to sleep off after the hectic party of the day before.

The next day, they were on the way to their hotel when Manik saw Nandini smiling at her phone screen.

Manik: You seem happy?

Nandini: I am... Just got Rishab's message. She said Yes!

Manik smiled broadly at it before shaking his head,
Manik: She had to... They have been together since college. I told him there was no need to worry.

Nandini: Well I also knew that she would say Yes, but I was kinda enjoying his condition. All worried and nervous!

Manik raised his eyes at her as he pulled her close, wrapping his arm around her neck.
Manik: You are evil!

Nandini laughed at this, getting a kiss on her temple as she curdled comfortably into his arms.
Manik: Getting cozy are we?

Nandini: Well for one we aren't in India, so I don't have to be worried about our faces making the newspapers or magazines. And secondly, we don't have to worry about your daughter stealing your attention away from me.

Manik: Come on... Don't make my baby sound like a hitler between us. She is not that bad!
Manik said taking his daughter's side immediately, while Nandini looked up at him.

Nandini: You know it as well as I do! You just won't accept it.

Manik shook his head at her as he pulled her onto his lap, wrapping his arms around her.

Nandini: Manik... What are you doing?
Nandini said glacing at the driver as she tried to get down his lap.

Manik: What? Holding my wife close.... I guess its been a long time since I last reminded her of how much crazy I am about her. She has started getting jealous of my divided attention.

Nandini rolled her eyes at him and scoffed,
Nandini: Jealous? I have watched girls running after you for years Manik. When have you ever seen me jealous of them.

Manik: Well as it appears, you aren't that immune when it comes to your own daughter Mrs. Malhotra.
Manik said teasing her.

Nandini: Well, you didn't love any of those girls... But your daughter seems to have you wrapped around her little finger. Whose to know which one of us would you choose when given a choice!

Manik laughed at this, shaking his head at his wife's jealousy.
Manik: Don't worry about that love... No matter what happens, you will always be the one that I choose! You know why?

Nandini looked up at him, listening to his sincere tone, waiting for him to continue, as she felt his arms tighten around her waist.
Manik: Because you are my heartbeat, there would be No Manik without his Nandini. How would I survive without my anchor, my guiding light?

Nandini melted into his embrace, letting his words reside in her heart as she leaned her head onto his chest.

Nandini: Trust you to always come up with things like that and take my breath away... Sometimes I hate your creative head!

Manik chuckled at it, moving his fingers up to play with her hair, that were flowing down her back.

Neither of the two spoke up for the next couple of minutes, just sitting there enjoying the familiar warmth in one anothers arms as the driver moved through the roads of this amazing city. Listening to the random song playing in the background, as they felt each other's hearts beating together.

Manik: I missed this...
Manik said breaking the silence, as Nandini looked up at him in question.

Manik: This... The two of us, just sitting together, enjoying the silence with no interruptions, nothing to worry about.

Nandini: Me too! Remember how we used to sit like this for hours together...  I think the last time was when we still stays at the apartment.

Manik: Yes, ever since we moved to the Malhotra Mansion with Atharva and Mansi, things have changed a bit. Not that I m complaining about how things are now, but still-

Nandini: I know...
Nandini spoke up, not needing any explanation as she felt exactly the same.

Manik noticed her looking outside the window, a thoughtful expression on her face. Her hair blowing freely as a smile grazed her lips, feeling the soft breeze. Her eyes lightening up all the more, mesmerizing him the same way as they did years ago, the first time he saw them shining.

Manik: I don't want to let this go again... I want us to hold onto this feeling. This contentment that you have on your face right now. And I will do anything to make that happen...

Nandini: Anything?
Nandini asked him smiling softly, not being able to stop herself when he was looking at her like that. Like she was the most precious gift anyone could have ever given him.

Manik: Anything!
Manik replied back with confidence.
Manik: We are not doing to waste our time exploring this city. We are going to stay locked up in our room, enjoy each other's company, take long walks on the beach, go swimming in the night, and do anything and everything that comes to our mind...... And once we get back, we are going to get back to our old routine and make zure to spend more time at our spot, on the hill. I don't care if we have to go there after a long tiring day at work, or if we have to leave our little Monsters eat their grandparents heads. I will make sure that I get my much needed alone time with you and only you..

Nandini: I love you!

Manik: I know...
Manik replied back, the way she always does, making her roll her eyes at him as she leans her head onto his chest again and he tightens his hold around her.

------------------------------------------------

Love,
Navya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

179K 5.8K 14
There is always a fine line for a thought process before making the ultimate decision. But what if it becomes too hazy and you end up crossing it? **...
1.1M 109K 65
****Can be read as a general fiction. If you want an arrange marriage tale with humor, emotions and love, hop in right away**** Love is supposed to b...
109K 5.8K 19
This is my first story This story starts after soha fiasco What will happen if manik was able to reach nandini before soha lite up fire? What will ha...
891 101 6
Hello guys heres to my new MaNan story. have a look guys. This story is about two people who could never get along with each other. The people who...