Your Life In an Anthro's World

By DeltaWhiskey

Kiba Lockheart ended his day in a very average way. He crawled into bed, turned the lights out and called it... More

Wake Up Call
The Chase
The Hunt
Becoming A Refugee
House Call
Safe No Longer
Getting Out Of Town
The Other Side Of The Coin
Painful Realizations
University Ambush
Superior Tactics From The Inferior Species
Strategies and Technicalities
A Cordial Kidnapping
Twenty Questions Twenty Stories Up
Having A Heart To Heart
Beneficial Practice
A Sporting Chance
A Part Of The Team
Practice Makes Pefect
Locker Room Showdown
Threats And Schemes
Wolf At The Door
Moral Combat
Admittance
On The Court And In The Shadows
Shortcomings Of A Human
The Man In The Machine
Past, Present and Future
Siblings United
Going On The Offensive
Outrunning The Witch
A Higher Power
Harbinger Of Revelation
Of Fact And Opinion
Speculation Of Future Confrontation
All Go No Stop
The Normality Of An Abnormal Life
Stalling The Stall
An Almost Covert Egress
Gambling With Fate
The Confrontation
Two Star Rescue, Five Star Reunion
The Price Of Failure
All Paths Begin To Converge
Intentions Exposed
The Culmination of Events
Author's Note
Authors Note Revised

Propositions And Positions

596 20 9
By DeltaWhiskey

"You know, 'officer,'" Silvia smirked, "You've chosen to put yourself in a very dangerous position. Getting between me and something I want is not recommended and tends to have rather... unpleasant consequences."

Russel growled at the fox woman, "I'll take my chances."

Silvia sighed, "Alright then." Following those words was a rush of wind. Silvia had closed the distance between herself and Russel in an instant. Russel was taken aback but was able to defend himself as Silvia attempted to smash the side of the lion's face with one of her feet, displaying incredible power and agility. She quickly returned her foot to the ground and extended the claws on her fingertips. She made a slash at Russel's throat which he narrowly avoided as he took a step back. But the fox only grinned in response as she kicked him square in his stomach. The lion was sent tumbling backwards several feet until he rolled into a rack holding several different pieces of ancient equipment. He rose and shook the dizziness out off his head to find Silvia standing over him, "I could kill you, but I won't. Consider this an act of mercy," She stated as stomped on his right leg causing him to roar in pain. Following that she struck one of the legs of the rack, causing it to collapse on top of Russel.

Silvia then turned to you with a calm and somewhat condescending expression as she approached you, "Now then. I feel like we got off on the wrong foot, don't you? I think you and I are both capable of having a civilized conversation."

"Capable and willing are two different things," You growled.

Silvia nodded, "A fair point, I'll grant you that. So how about this. Agree to hear me out, and I promise I won't kill your friends," She said as she eyed Hunter and Annika.

"Don't listen to her!" Hunter hissed before he cringed, still feeling the injuries that Sanders had inflicted on him.

"You can't trust her," Annika growled, but you could plainly see she was nursing a few injuries of her own.

You returned your attention to Deluma, "And what if I say no?"

"Oh, then I'll definitely kill them and beat you senseless right before I drag you back to my city and lock you in a cage," She explained with a toothy grin, "But it doesn't have to go that way. All I ask is that you hear me out. If you'll do that, then I'll guarantee their survival." You gave the vixen a weary glare, sensing your hesitation she rolled her eyes, "I'm a businesswoman. Making deals is what I do."

"If nothing else, it'll at least buy us some time. Besides, with the suit's power level as low as it is I really don't want to go head to head with her if I can avoid it..." You thought to yourself. You sighed, "Fine... I'll hear you out."

Deluma took a step forward as she eyed you a reserved smile, "We don't have to be enemies. You could come work for me."

For a moment, you forgot that nobody could see your face as you shot Silvia an incredulous glance, "Really?" You replied flatly, "Me? Work for you?" You continued raising an eyebrow as you pointed your index finger at her, "And how does that proposition work?"

Silvia gestured to the shelves, racks and tables around her, "This building is filled with human technology. It could prove to be revolutionary if I could understand how to make it work for myself."

You began moving toward Russel as you spoke to your aggressor, "And what would you use the technology for if you could get it to work?"

A small chuckle escaped the fox's muzzle, "The better question would be what wouldn't I use it for? It could legitimately change the world for us. We could use it for transportation, construction, communication!"

You scowled back at her, "And I'm sure you'd make excellent use of the weapons as well." By now you had reached the pile of hardware that Russel was trapped under. You knelt down and began to move some of the heavier objects out of the way.

"Naturally," She replied, "The police need tools too. Wouldn't you agree?"

You laughed a little as you replied, "Sure, that's how it starts. But then you decide that you can be a little more aggressive with the application, or it becomes apparent that you can make a greater profit by selling weapons to private citizens, criminals, corporations or anyone else who can afford the price."

Silvia scratched her chin, "I'd be lying if I were to say the idea hadn't crossed my mind. But, you could have a say in how far that goes. After all, I need you to help me understand and dissect the technology."

The servos and hydraulics in your suit strained as you lifted the entire rack up and off of Russel. As you held the pile of components and metal framework up, Annika and Hunter pulled the injured lion out from under the debris. Once they were clear you dropped the load. You then turned to face Silvia once again. "So let me see if I have this right. You tried to capture me and lock me in a lab. Then, you had your personal army of police chase me all over your city. Which, by the way, nearly got me killed... twice," You growled as you held two fingers up for emphasis.

Silvia crossed her arms and sighed, "I admit that we didn't meet under the best of terms and some of my decisions were made in poor taste..."

You scoffed at her response, "Would you consider sending bounty hunters to come kidnap me 'in poor taste'?"

"Let's not beat around the bush," Silvia replied, "You don't like me. I understand why and I'm fine with that. But that doesn't change the fact that I need you. And because of that fact, I'm offering you the chance of a lifetime."

You crossed your arms, "To be employed at your beck and call?"

"A second chance at life here and perhaps an opportunity to find your way home," Silvia replied.

You subconsciously relaxed your posture, "Home..." you echoed.

"That's right," Silvia continued, "You've been running ever since you've entered this world. Hunted by those who would abuse you and others who mean you harm."

"You meant him harm!" Annika snarled as she winced from her injuries.

Silvia looked over at the young fox and smirked, "I do admit that they've done an admirable job of looking after you. But what if you could live your life here without needing their protection? I could get you whatever you could possibly want. Food, supplies, entertainment, tools... and you must have realized that it's entirely possible that there is a device that can send you home hidden away in all of this."

"Don't listen to her!" Hunter called out, "She's lying."

Silvia shrugged, "I have no reason to lie. Even if I did, he knows I'm telling the truth. Don't you?" The vixen asked as she eyed you.

"Quit messing with his head!" Hunter shouted as he charged at Silva with his fangs bared and claws extended.

Silvia flashed the young fox a dark and condescending glare, "I'm only offering him a choice, it's up to him to decide." Silvia stated as she gracefully danced around Hunter's wild slash and dash attacks. The teenager was not only injured, but also driven by a primal rage. "Tell me..." Silvia calmly said as she rather elegantly raised her wrist to swat one of Hunter's wild slashes away with a backhand, "Does this child speak for you?" Eventually, Hunter tired out. Every kick, punch, slash and bite he'd attempted had been either batted away or evaded entirely by the larger fox. Breathing heavily, Hunter paused to catch his breath. However, Silvia had tired of his antics and casually knocked him aside. Though the attack seemed underwhelming, Hunter was knocked off his feet and onto his side as if he'd been caught by a surprise uppercut from Luna. Having dealt with the second obstacle between herself and you, she began calmly advancing towards you.

As the nine tailed menace drew closer to you, Annika skidded to a stop in front of you,

"Stay away from him!" She shouted as she barred her fangs. You stood the blankly, barely registering what was happening in front of you.

"Stand aside child," Silvia ordered.

Though scuffed up and bruised Annika held her ground, "You can't have him!"

"That's for him to decide, I'm merely helping him to see all of the facts."

Annika narrowed her eyes, "You're manipulating his feelings!"

Silvia regarded the fox with an uninterested gaze, "Think about it. You know how influential I am. I'm a mayor after all, and I have quite a few friends and allies who would be happy to give me whatever I ask," She said as she peered around Annika and focused her gaze directly into the suit's glowing eyes which represented it's cameras. You numbly stared back at the mayor, turning you head slightly so that your face aligned with the angle of her own,

"You could shape your own future. If you desired to, you could even live happily and comfortably in my city."

"But at what price?" Annika demanded, "You said it yourself, you're a business woman. You cut deals, and every deal has its price."

Silvia shot an annoyed glance at Annika before pushing past her. But the smaller vixen refused to simply let her do as she pleased. Annika grabbed the sleeve of Deluma's blazer, prompting the mayor to cast a fiery gaze at the teenager. Her tails flared before whipping out and coiling around Annika like snakes. Hunter, who was barely able to stand, ran at Deluma haphazardly in a cross between a stagger and a jog. Silvia smirked at the battered young fox as she constricted her tails around his sister. Annika cried out in pain. The strangled outburst was enough to snap you out of your stupor and bring you back to reality.

Your mind quickly replayed the events that occurred while you were zoned out, "Let go of her! We had a deal!"

"Yes, I'm aware," Deluma said as she turned to face you while at the same time using her tails to hurl Annika directly into her brother. Both foxes were sent sprawling out on the floor as they moaned in pain. "As I recall however, I promised not to kill them if you were willing to hear me out."

"I've heard what you had to say," You snapped, "And-"

"They're still breathing," Silvia impatiently interjected, "Bruised and battered maybe, but very much alive."

You gritted your teeth. Whatever system was operating the suit seemed to sense your hostility and rage as the display turned from clear to red. An audio warning played inside the suit. A message appeared on the display that read 'external speakers muted' as an audio message played. "Warning, disengaging limiters and engaging full combat mode will drastically drain this units power supply. Do you wish to proceed?"

"Yes," You hissed.

"Acknowledged. Warning, this units power supply is dangerously low. Should this unit cease power management functions and disengage limiters there is no guarantee that this unit will be able to perform within standard safety parameters. Do you wish to proceed?"

"Yes," You replied again. After that you felt a change. The armor seemed lighter, more maneuverable. Silvia didn't seem to notice, though.

She eyed you expectantly as she crossed her arms as her tails relaxed behind her, "I'm waiting for your answer."

Rather than giving a verbal reply, you jumped across the distance between yourself and Silvia landing just in front of her. Though she was initially surprised, she was able to react fast enough to stop both of your fists from making contact with her ribs. Each of your metal clad hands were now encompassed by her own. You were angry, furious even. She'd hurt Hunter and Annika, you were determined to make her pay. Though she had both of your hands, the large vixen quickly realized that she was starting to slide backwards.

"Incredible," Silvia muttered as you pushed her across the floor and pinned her up against the wall. As your arms trembled and vibrated with the force and effort you were putting out you glared up at Deluma. She met your gaze with what seemed to be an amused smile. You felt her tighten her grip around your fists. "Initially, I was concerned that you might have become docile and lost some of that defiant spirit of yours that you showed me when we first met. But it seems that you're just as high spirited as ever." Silvia's smile suddenly faded as she began to loom over you. The armor began to creak as you felt your knees beginning to buckle as she began not only increasing her effort, but also putting her weight behind it. She raised her arms so that you were essentially underneath her as she tried to push you into the ground. As you grunted and strained in an effort to hold your stance, Silvia continued to press down on you. "I promised I'd teach you respect when we first met," She recalled, "It seems now's as good a time as any." In one swift motion she released your fists before grabbing you by your right leg and arm. Before you had even realized what was happening, you found your frontside pressed up against the wall where you had Silvia pinned just moments ago. You tried to move away from the wall, but found yourself roughly shoved back up against it. "I admit I didn't expect you to take my offer right away. But I think your smart enough to see the potential of it," Silvia said. Her voice coming from behind you, just above your head.

"I'm not interested!" You snapped. With a shout of effort you managed to push yourself away from the wall just long enough to get your feet up between yourself and the wall. With another grunt of effort, you kicked off of the wall causing Silvia to stumble backwards and loosen her grip on you. You used the opportunity to break free from her before you spun around and jumped at her for a shot at her head. You honestly though you had her when an invisible force smacked you to the side. The sound of metal grinding and slapping against one another could be heard as rolled across the ground. You were able to right yourself relatively quickly while Silvia again began walking casually towards you. Several of her tails were now in the air, shifting and swaying near her head.

"Don't be stupid," She warned, "I'm offering you an opportunity to mend yourself. To satisfy your desire to belong somewhere. Don't you owe it to yourself to at least try to make yourself happy?"

You noticed that you happened to be near where Silvia had collapsed the rack on Russel earlier. You grabbed one of the metal rods that formerly supported the framework of the rack, "Stop talking like you know me!" You shouted as you threw the rod at the vixen's face. She easily caught it before dropping it at her side. By then however, you were already in the air and poised for a kick. You target was the right side of her face. Your goal was to wipe that nonchalant look off of her smug muzzle. However, Silvia actually caught you by the leg. She stole your momentum from you with little effort, leaving you hanging upside down by your ankle. You reared your free leg back. You figured that she might not see a stomp to the underside of her chin coming, "You don't know me at all!"

As you thrusted your foot towards her chin, she moved her head to the side before she swung you across the warehouse. You flew silently through the air before you crashed into a set of shelves that stood near a wall, virtually turning it all to scrap on impact. "Actually," Silvia started as she walked towards you yet again with that torturously slow, composed and regal strut of hers. "I would venture to say I know you quite well. In your world you were probably quite lonely. The way you escape out onto rooftops and your speed coupled with your small frame and agility tell me as much. Your abilities aren't a result of rigorous training, but rather natural talent honed by necessity. The necessity of running away... both physically and mentally. In this conversation alone you've not denied anything I've said, yet you deflect it by simply firing off insults and physically attacking me. The way you get along with those two young foxes and the relationship that you have with Luna and Tanya tells me you consider them family. Yet you've only known them a short time. Despite that short time frame, they're very protective of you and you clearly care deeply for them. It's made evident by the rage you feel over what I did to those two a few moments ago," She continued as she nodded towards Annika who was carefully helping Hunter into a standing position. "I assume it's because they're the closest friends you've ever had, and perhaps... the only real family you've ever had. But you don't quite know how to be a part of a family do you? Keeping your problems to yourself and trying to do everything on your own because your afraid that if your too much of a burden they might leave you, or worse... they might get hurt on your behalf. Though it's a little late for that, isn't it?" She asked as she cast glances at both Hunter and Russel, who was still unconscious. You silently stared back at the fox woman who now stood directly over you, "If your wondering how I know so much, it's because I'm a business woman. Analyzing the competition is essential in my line of work. Otherwise, you lose the ability to exploit certain.... Opportunities..."

"Why are you doing all this?" You asked tiredly, your rage beginning to fade to your fatigue.

"I want to make the world a better place," She reiterated , "Human technology can help me do that. But I don't know how to work it. You do. Therefore, I need you. Trying to force you to work for me obviously hasn't gotten me the results I need. So instead, I'm offering you a future under the condition that you come work for me."

"You're giving me an ultimatum."

"I'm granting you a choice that could benefit you."

"And others I'm sure," You returned, "But Annika raised a valid point. At what cost?"

Silvia chuckled, "Nothing in life is ever free, Kiba."

"On that we can both agree," You admitted. "But you still haven't answered my question. Who pays the price for my 'choice' and how high a price is it to pay?"

Silvia then knelt down and gazed at you with a frown, "Second chances at life don't come around very often. When someone offers you one, you take it."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.4K 166 11
Art by: SINFULjam on Tumblr Will mostly not follow the plot until chapter: 6 Characters and (most of) the plot is by: Vivienne Medrano. WARNING: MURD...
340 5 6
Scarred by a cataclysmic meteor strike, humanity struggles to rebuild amidst the wreckage. As civilization begins to take its first tentative steps f...
58.3K 952 50
Meet C he's a multiversal savior with more power than your normal overpowered anime protagonist. C was the leader of a group of multiversal badasses...
130K 1.5K 19
My 3rd book in my series of stories When a 19 year old teenage human wakes up in an alleyway in Hell, he explores this new world, it's residents and...