Always : Theodore Nott

By nighthawk223344

"Tell me Jenkins, do you believe in soulmates?" he asks while looking deeply into her eyes. "No, never have a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58

Chapter 10

8.5K 180 23
By nighthawk223344

As Aurora pulled on one of her many oversized quidditch jumpers, she glanced at the clock.

Quarter past eight.

She snapped up her wand off her nightstand and made her way down the stairs to find two redheads leaning against the common room couches, waiting for her.

"What? Not warm enough outside?,"Fred mocked nodding to the warm jumper.

"Shove off. Oh and by the way, I promised Myrtle I'd drop off a music box for her after this little team rendez-vous so.....,"Aurora said slipping on her shoes.

"A music box for Myrtle?,"George asked quizzically.

Aurora looked up to find both boys looking at her with questioning eyes and furrowed brows.

"Yes boys, she gets bored. Not to mention lonely and I thought it would be nice for her to have some form of entertainment. Distract her from those first years who usually have a go at her this time of year,"Aurora said.

The twins gave each other a quick glance before giving their friend mere huffs of approval.

"Right, what time will you be back?,"Fred asked genuinely.

"I might stay and chat with her for a bit, so probably around 10:30 maybe after it."

"How you stick Myrtle for that long blows my marbles Rory, but I can't argue with you, it's a nice thing to do,"George added.

Aurora stood up and placed her hands on her hips and smiled widely.

"Well I'm just such a wonderful being Georgie,"Aurora said sarcastically.

George pulled a face right back at her, causing his twin to giggle. Looking around, Aurora noted the absence of Harry and the others.

"Where are the rest of the clan?,"Aurora asked.

"Oh Harry and Ron? They've already gone. Hermione too. I think Ginny tagged along with them actually, "for the walk" she said,"George answered.

Aurora nodded before standing up to face the two. She held back a knowing smile as she thought of Ginny's lousy excuse to be around Harry.

A walk. Wow Gin, couldn't do any better.

Then again, Aurora herself was sneaking off to a bathroom to meet with Nott.

Obviously not for the same reasons Ginny had for seeing Harry, she thought to herself.

But at least the Myrtle excuse was a bit better than "a walk". Realising she was thinking to herself for too long Aurora looked back up to the boys.

"Right then, come on. Wouldn't want to be late for Wood, although I don't think he would necessarily mind some one-on-one time with Katie,"Fred said seriously.

Aurora and George both giggled at the statement. Fred had always been unintentionally funny, and he never failed to get a giggle from Aurora.

"True, but come on. Get moving losers,"Aurora said dragging the two boys by the sleeves.

The three slipped through the portrait and began their descent down towards the quidditch pitch. They chatted aimlessly about quidditch, Moaning Myrtle, homework and classes until they reached their destination.

Entering the dressing room, Aurora and the twins were greeted by the rest of the Gryffindor quidditch squad, plus a few more.

"Took you long enough,"Wood said rolling his eyes playfully at them.

Aurora also rolled her eyes while the twins scoffed lightly.

"This one and her short legs slowed us down,"Fred said pointing at Aurora.

"We've been saying it for years,"George added.

The room suddenly burst into light giggles, then followed a loud smacking sound that was caused by Aurora's palms meeting the backs of Fred and George's heads.

"Oww Rory,"they said simultaneously.

Aurora simply shook her head with a grin as she turned to face Wood.

"Sorry Ol, these two and their chatting."

Oliver rolled his eyes before stretching out a piece of parchment across the table everyone was stood around. Aurora and the twins made their way closer to the table as their eyes scanned the parchment.

The parchment contained the layout of their usual Gryffindor squad and the predictions of the Slytherin squad.

Seekers: Harry and Malfoy
Keepers: Wood and Flint
Beaters: Fred, George and Mattheo and Nott
Chasers: Angelina, Aurora and Katie and Astoria, Zabini and Pucey

Aurora examined the list. Her eyes immediately picked up an error. She knew Theo didn't play Beater. He was undoubtedly the best Chaser on the Slytherin team, and arguably in Hogwarts.

"Nott will play main Chaser, not Beater."

The words left her mouth involuntarily. All ongoing chatter around the table ceased and all eyes were instantly dragged to the girl who just spoke.

"You're sure Jenkins? Last season they trialed him as a Beater,"Wood asked.

He was correct. They did trial Theo as a beater, but because of his unbelievable talent as a Chaser, it was deemed as unfair on the other houses for him to play chaser. The same was done to Aurora last season but McGonagall insisted this new rule was abolished.

"Yeah they did, like they did to me by trying to make me play Beater too. Remember? They want us to think he'll start Beater, but he won't,"Aurora spoke again.

A realisation hit Wood and then he took to scribbling and scratching Theo's name back into the chaser column.

"You're right Rory, well done,"he said.

Aurora nodded her head in recognition, while avoiding two sets of eyes that were currently peering at her all too quizzically. Not to mention the knowing smirk Aurora knew was plastered across Ginny Weasley's face at that moment.

Fred raised his gaze to George, who seemed to have the same idea. A furrow of his brows towards his brother quickly resulted with a casual shrug of George's shoulders.

Talks proceeded about predictions and strategies. Aurora listened carefully from her place between the twins. After another twenty minutes of chatter, Wood spoke.

"Right you lot, that's everything I wanted to cover. Thanks for coming. I'll see you all before the game but everyone, please be on top form."

Everyone nodded with a "thanks Wood" or "thanks Ol".

As the meeting began to disband, Aurora made her way up to Wood.

"I see you put me as main Chaser. Can I ask why?,"she said quietly.

Wood turned to her with a grin.

"Because Jenkins, I know you're the one to handle Nott perfectly."

With that, he walked away and out of the tent. Aurora turned to see the twins waiting for her. As she approached them, she hoped the raging, red colour on her cheeks would die down. She didn't know why Wood's statement caused such an effect. But none the less, it did.

"I got main Chaser,"she exclaimed with a wide smile.

Both boys shook their heads with knowing smiles.

"We know."

"You both knew?."

"Yeah but we were instructed not to tell you, Wood wanted to be the one to tell you you got your old position back."

Aurora hadn't played main Chaser since before that rule was made and how she missed it dearly. She grinned widely at the two boys.

"Well, while you two have those big sticks in your hands, I'll have an easy job."

"Not when you're up against Nott, he's undoubtedly a git but he is a talented player,"Fred huffed.

George seemed to let out a similar huff. Aurora noticed the obvious dislike the two had developed for Theo.

Strange, I thought they liked him.

"Don't worry, I'll handle Nott. We're going to beat them this time for sure,"she said with a smile.

The three turned and made their way out of the dressing room decorated beautifully in red and gold. Before leaving Aurora looked back into the room, and she herself couldn't wait to be decorated in her house colours too.

••••••••••••

Meanwhile, a certain blonde Slytherin was making with his way into a common room with the company of his slightly dim-witted  accomplice, Adrian Pucey.

"Malfoy where are we going? I thought you said Pansy was going to help me get back into Astoria's pants again after our little incident,"Adrian whined.

"Oh Pucey do shut it! I told you the plan has changed, I need something from upstairs first, then we'll see about Pansy. Now stay here and keep a look out,"Malfoy hissed.

"Oh, yeah. Forgot about that."

With a quick tut and a shake of his head, Malfoy made his way up into the boys dormitories. He opened the door to find the room desolate.

Unusual. He's always here.

Narrowing his focus yet again, Draco made his way into the room quietly. Examining the sleeping arrangements, he made his way over to one particular bed.

He eyed it carefully before letting his gaze drag to the beds accompanying night-table. Opening the drawers, Malfoy rummaged through them quickly, letting his hands explore the contents.

After finding nothing but an ornate lighter, which Draco stuffed into his own pocket, then he laid his eyes once again on the bed.

After pulling back the duvets and uprooting the pillows, Malfoy finally found what he was looking for.

There it was.

The key to his newly improved plan.

How small and fine it was as it lay on the bedsheet aimlessly.

Worthless to everyone else but him.

Draco leaned down and plucked the singular strand of hair from its place upon the bed. He held it in front of his face to get a clear view.

Perfect.

He turned and made his way back down to Pucey, who was waiting patiently.

"Well?,"Adrian asked.

"Got it, let's go,"Malfoy answered.

"Brilliant."

After a brief walk, Malfoy and Pucey made their way into the Potions classroom. Pucey was currently sat on a desk as Malfoy watched over a bubbling cauldron.

"You're a genius Draco,"Adrian said.

"I know Pucey, this is going to be utterly brilliant,"the blonde said with a sinister grin.

Adrian sniggered to himself before Draco spoke again.

"Right, this looks about ready. Pass it here Pucey,"Draco said with an open hand.

Carefully, Adrian passed the strand of hair to Draco, making sure not to drop it. When Draco received it, he quickly dropped it into the mixture in the cauldron.

When the hair made contact with the contents of the pot, a large cloud of pink dust shot up from the cauldron. Both boys shot back in fright.

The pink substance glistened in the air for a moment before retracting back into the cauldron with a loud popping sound.

"Wicked,"Adrian said, seemingly out of breath.

Draco observed the cauldron for a moment before stepping towards it once again. Hesitantly, he peered back into the cauldron to see a pink mixture swirling violently inside of it. Upon witnessing the visible success, a wide, almost evil, grin spread across his features. His view then lifted to Pucey.

"Well, did it work?,"Adrian asked eagerly.

In response, Draco plucked a singular vial from the shelf beside him. Taking a ladle, he carefully transferred some of the freshly brewed potion into the vial.

When the vial was full, he corked it and held it up to his eye level and examined it again before turning to Pucey.

"Like a charm."

Upon hearing those words, Pucey seemed to mirror the sinister expression on Draco's face. The two stood staring in awe at the small vial pinched between Draco's fingers.

Both boys couldn't fathom the amount of havoc such a small amount of the potion would cause in the next few days.

But they couldn't wait.

••••••••••

"No Fred, I'm perfectly capable of getting to the Prefects bathroom by myself,"Aurora whined.

"Rory, seriously! It's late, at least let us walk you,"George protested.

The three were currently stood in front of the Gryffindor fire place, and Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ginny too.

"I'm not a little girl, I'm fine. A bit of independence would be nice,"Aurora snapped while placing a small music box into her bag.

Both twins were about to speak again until their little sister cut them off from her place between Ron and Hermione on the couch.

"Oh boys would you leave her alone! I don't know how she sticks the two of you all the time. She's fine! Rory, if you need us send a Patronus or something,"Ginny said sharply.

Both Fred and George's mouths clamped shut at their sisters words. Aurora, Ron, Harry and Hermione could only giggle to themselves at how the twins obeyed Ginny over everyone.

"Thanks Gin,"Aurora said.

Ginny got up and made her way over to Aurora, engulfing her in a hug.

"Anytime, just enjoy your time with Myrtle,"Ginny whispered.

Aurora pulled out of the hug to regard the girl. A wide grin graced her features as Aurora looked at her with a sharp glare.

"I suppose I will,"Aurora said back.

Turning on her heel, Aurora made her way toward the portrait. She was halfway through it when she heard George's voice.

"All I need is a Patronus and I'm there!."

"Goodbyeeeeee,"Aurora called back as she slipped through the portrait, greeting the Lady as she went.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246 42 16
TW:mature language, sexual content, Use of alcohol, and Violence Aurora grant has a big secret only her four best friends Elodie Blackwell, Lee Jord...
7.2K 153 86
Phoenix Jane Diggory, Cedric Diggory's kid sister and Ron Weasley's bestest friend since birth. Just cross the dirt path and a couple of trees from t...
2.7K 161 41
Maeve Black has always had a knack for finding herself in trouble. Now that she is at Hogwarts and feeling the real implications of the Black name, s...
367 10 12
"At least pretend to be friends! This is sickening!" George says, causing me and Fred to huff. "Fine!" We say in unison. I really thought I'd be able...