Your Life In an Anthro's World

By DeltaWhiskey

Kiba Lockheart ended his day in a very average way. He crawled into bed, turned the lights out and called it... More

Wake Up Call
The Chase
The Hunt
Becoming A Refugee
House Call
Safe No Longer
Getting Out Of Town
The Other Side Of The Coin
Painful Realizations
University Ambush
Superior Tactics From The Inferior Species
Strategies and Technicalities
A Cordial Kidnapping
Twenty Questions Twenty Stories Up
Having A Heart To Heart
Beneficial Practice
A Sporting Chance
A Part Of The Team
Practice Makes Pefect
Locker Room Showdown
Threats And Schemes
Wolf At The Door
Moral Combat
Admittance
On The Court And In The Shadows
Shortcomings Of A Human
The Man In The Machine
Past, Present and Future
Going On The Offensive
Propositions And Positions
Outrunning The Witch
A Higher Power
Harbinger Of Revelation
Of Fact And Opinion
Speculation Of Future Confrontation
All Go No Stop
The Normality Of An Abnormal Life
Stalling The Stall
An Almost Covert Egress
Gambling With Fate
The Confrontation
Two Star Rescue, Five Star Reunion
The Price Of Failure
All Paths Begin To Converge
Intentions Exposed
The Culmination of Events
Author's Note
Authors Note Revised

Siblings United

771 21 15
By DeltaWhiskey

You woke up and found yourself staring at the ceiling. Luna's face hung in space above your own, although hers was inverted. Hunter and Annika's faces also came looming into view along with their aunt's.

"Is he alright?" Malcolm asked as he briskly approached.

Luna furrowed her brow in concern as she stared down at you, "Are you?"

"I... I think so," You replied as Luna stood you up.

"What happened?" Hunter asked.

You shook your head as you recalled the experience, "I thought I was dreaming at first, but his responses were just too specific, and he knew things about me that I never told anyone."

Tanya tilted her head with confusion written clearly across her face, "Who?"

"Professor Felks," You replied.

"Professor Felks?" Malcolm asked as he put a hand to his chin in thought. He glanced over to Sally who shrugged, indicating that she knew nothing about the name.

You nodded, "He told me everything!" Tanya and Luna looked at each other. Luna gave Tanya a questioning glance as Tanya shrugged her shoulder in response.

Luna turned her focus back to you, "Everything about what?"

"Everything about the war! These weapons! This suit! All of it!" You exclaimed, "He talked to me for hours about-"

"Hours?" Tanya asked. Again, she and Luna exchanged glances. But this time, Annika and Hunter also exchanged worried looks with one another.

"How many hours did you spend with him?" Luna asked.

You put a hand to your head and shook your head, "I'm not sure, maybe two or three hours?"

Tanya came over and put a paw on your forehead, "You don't feel warm..." She held up two digits. "How many?"

You jerked your head back in confusion, "What?"

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Two."

She then held another up, "Now?"

You rolled your eyes, "Three."

She then closed her fist, "How about now?"

"None," you answered flatly as you grew more and more aggravated with Tanya. She then pinched your arm two which you drew back in surprise before clamping a hand over the sore area, "Ow?!"

"Your cognitive skills seem to be working properly, and your senses don't appear to be dulled at all..."

"Why are you guys acting like I'm sick?" You asked as you rubbed your shoulder.

Everyone remained quite before Luna broke the silence, "Because you only lost consciousness for three seconds... Maybe four at the longest."

Your eyes widened. How could there have been that big of a discrepancy between the time you spent with the professor and what was happening in the real world? You then remembered that computers were able to move and process data much faster than a human mind. "That would make sense, when a computer is coming up with search results it usually is able to do it in a fraction of a second, but any longer than that would seem long to us and like an eternity to a computer."

"We should take him to Felicia and Kara, let them look him over," Tanya suggested.

Luna nodded in agreement, "Good idea."

You frowned at your guardians as you became irritated, "I'm fine! There's nothing wrong with me! I realize how I sound, but I really do understand everything now! The truth of what Silvia wants with me!"

Luna knelt down to your level, "Listen, I get that you believe that you know what you're talking about. But we just want to be sure that your mind is clear and that your healthy."

You crossed your arms and glared at Luna, "You mean you want to make sure I'm not crazy." Luna frowned, but you held your glare, "I'm your adoptive kid, not an actual kid. I'm not stupid, and I know how I sound. But everything I learned makes sense. Anthros and humans got along fine until Mariam Deluma incited a war and-" Both Malcolm and Tanya visibly flinched at hearing that name. Malcolm waked towards you with a stern expression etched onto his face. Tanya looked as if she'd seen a ghost. Both expressions were out of character for the two.

"-How do you know our grandmother's name?"

"I told you," You sighed, "I learned it from the professor, from the Lupus."

"How could the Lupus have that information though?" Malcolm muttered as he eyed the machine in question. Tanya and Luna also began to look at the armor in a new light. "What else did it tell you?" Malcolm asked.

"That... the humans that disappeared from here escaped to my world," You continued.

"Well, that would certainly explain why there's so little of human civilization left today," Tanya reasoned.

Luna nodded, "But it also explains how all this stuff was left behind. They're only traces, but they've sparked fairytales, research, debates, hypothetical theories-"

"Archaeological expeditions," Malcolm interjected as he recalled his own venture which discovered all of the items that surrounded them in the first place.

"And yet," Tanya mused, "Despite all the myth, effort and research on the topic this is probably the largest collection of human technology and artifacts ever gathered in one place."

"Still though, its proof that supports what Kiba is telling us," Malcolm stated turning his gaze to you once more. "And then there's the fact that he knows our great, great grandmother's name."

"He couldn't have known that unless someone told him," Tanya added, "And the only ones here who are aware of her name are myself and Malcolm. Other than us our sister would know, but..."

"Even I didn't know that," Sally noted with a shrug and tilt of her head.

Luna stood up and walked over to the Terra Frame, "Meaning that we have to accept the fact, that despite how impossible it seems. This machine has been waiting for a human to come along so that it could tell the story of what happened here."

"But why?" Celica asked.

All eyes turned to you, "I'm not sure. That part was for me to figure out I guess..." You admitted.

"For the time being, I think we should get you to the twins for a checkup," Luna stated.

You stared up at her in disbelief, "What! Why?"

"Because it's clear that though we didn't believe it at first, apparently you really did make a connection with this suit. It somehow tapped into your mind. I honestly don't know anything about human brains, or anthro brains for that matter, but what I do know is that I'll feel better after those two tell me your fine."

"Yeah but-"

"Just for once... would you please listen to me?" Luna begged.

You released a heavy sigh, "Alright, I'll do it."

Tanya smirked, "It's kinda cute that you think you actually have a choice."

"I did have a choice!" You snapped, "That's why she asked me to do it!"

"No, she asked you to do it so we wouldn't have to put up with you kicking and screaming while we dragged you there. This way's much easier." Sally quietly snickered alongside Hunter and Annika.

You huffed indignantly, "Whatever, let's just go."

As you headed for the door, Luna's phone rang, "Hello?" She answered as she picked up the phone. Her voice suddenly became urgent, "When? You're sure? Was anybody with her? Have they come out yet? I'm on my way, and send whoever else is available."

You gave Luna a skeptical look, "What was that about?"

Luna looked down at you, "Tanya's house was just broken into."

Tanya sighed, "Boy did they pick the wrong house," She said as she cracked her knuckles.

As Tanya turned to walk outside, Luna grabbed her by the shoulder prompting Tanya to look at her, "The thief is believed to be a nine tailed fox."

Malcolm frowned and his expression darkened, "Silvia."

Sally turned to Malcolm, "But how could she have known Kiba was here? We never leaked his whereabouts to anyone."

Luna addressed Malcolm with an emotionless face, "How she found out doesn't matter right now. She's here in the city, and we need to deal with her before she finds Kiba."

Malcolm nodded, "Agreed. I'll defer to your judgement on how to handle the situation."

Sally stepped forward, "With your permission, I'd like to scout ahead to confirm her position."

Luna nodded, "The three of us will go to the house to confront her directly. Celica should go to Malcolm's office. It's possible that she might go there to strike a deal with Malcolm to coax him into turning Kiba over to her."

Tanya nodded, "Okay, and what about the kiddies?"

Luna looked down at the three of you, "They'll stay here." You grimaced at the thought of Deluma loose in the city and not having Luna by your side but said nothing. Luna seemed to notice as her facial expression softened, "Listen, I can't take you with me and I need all the help I can get to end this before it starts. The best place for you is far from her and hidden. Silvia doesn't know about this place. There's guards outside and this place is filled with weapons that only you know how to operate." Luna then pulled you close and hugged you, "If I didn't have to leave you I wouldn't," She whispered, "But you know I would never leave you unprotected."

You returned the embrace and took a deep breath, "I know." Luna then stood up and moved over to Annika and Hunter before giving them a pep talk of their own.

As she was doing this, Tanya came over and pulled you against her side in a playful headlock while ruffling your hair, "You'll be fine kid."

"I know," You replied.

Tanya smirked, "Don't forget what Luna taught you, but don't forget to use your head if you do get into a bind, alright?"

You looked up at Tanya with worry in your eyes, "You make it sound like an attack is unavoidable."

Tanya shrugged, "In my experience, you're a heck of a lot more likely to survive an ambush if you know its coming. The truth is we don't know what will happen. But it's better to be prepared than to have your feet propped up and taking a nap when somebody comes for your hide. Get it?"

You nodded, "Got it."

Tanya gave you an approving nod, "Good," She said as she ruffled your hair with a smile.

As Luna and the others headed to the door, Luna paused and turned her head to you. She called your name to grab your attention before raising her index finger and pointing at you,

"Until I get back you-"

You rolled your eyes, "Stay inside, keep each other safe, no unnecessary risks?"

Luna smiled and nodded, "See you soon."

Malcolm, Celica and Sally uttered words of caution and lighthearted goodbyes before the group of six left. Twenty minutes passed, then thirty, and forty after that. Eventually, you stopped counting. You moved to one of the storage chests in the corner of the building and sat down. Thoughts began to run through your mind that you honestly didn't want to think about.

You were so distracted that you didn't hear Annika approach you, "Something on your mind?"

You looked up at the fox blankly, "What?"

"You look like you were in deep thought," Annika continued.

"Oh," You replied realizing that you had been thinking hard about what was probably happening outside of the four walls that surrounded you. "I... was just thinking..." You trailed off.

Annika tilted her head as concern flashed across her face, "Are you scared?"

You looked up at her and chuckled a bit, "I honestly don't know. I mean, I knew that she'd probably catch up to me eventually. Things couldn't just keep going on like this forever, right?"

Annika sighed, "First of all, we don't know for a fact that she's actually in the city. And even if she was, she still wouldn't have any idea about where we are."

You looked gave Annika a weak smile, "If it was a false alarm, Luna and Tanya would have come back by now."

Annika frowned and sat down next to you, "You might be right, but that doesn't change the second thing I said. Plus, you have us! You know we won't let anything happen to you."

You turned to her with a straight face, "Honestly, that frightens me a little because I don't want anything to happen to you just because you decided to help me."

Annika narrowed her eyes at you as her face darkened and she seemed borderline angry with you, "You don't get to decide what your life is worth in comparison with our own. You aren't worth any less than we are. Besides, you'd do the same for us wouldn't you?"

"Of course I would, but this is different!"

The sound of claws clacking against the floor Hunter approached, "How is it any different if your life is worth the same as ours?" You were so ready to fire off a response, but you quickly found that you didn't have one. His logic was spot on. The fact of the matter was that you just didn't want them to get hurt. Hunter growled, "Don't be so quick to write us off as defenseless and helpless when you get angry that people view in the same light."

You flinched at the comment. You hadn't realized it, but you were guilty of the very thing that you couldn't stand people accusing you of the exact same thing: being helpless. Even though you knew that was true to an extent. However, it must have been much more frustrating for them, given that they were far more capable of surviving the world than you were, Silvia Deluma or not.

"I guess you're right," You sighed, "You guys have been watching out for me this whole time. Yet here I am telling you to stand clear so you don't get hurt so that I can handle it myself." You couldn't help but let out a small laugh, "Because I've been doing such a fine job of it so far."

Annika put a paw on your shoulder, "If you weren't so self-reliant there's no doubt that you wouldn't have made it as far as you did."

"And nobody's saying that you shouldn't be independent," Hunter added, "But you shouldn't push yourself so far as to prevent us from helping you simply because of the fact that there's a chance that we could get hurt."

The front door of the building slammed shut. You got excited thinking that Luna had returned. However, the voice and sentence it carried smashed that reality to pieces, "You'll definitely get hurt if you get in my way." The black Lab from the first night you'd arrived. "I've been tasked with escorting you back to Silvia Deluma's office as you've been summoned for a meeting there. It would be easier for everyone if you came quietly, however I'm prepared for the alternative."

You grunted quietly under your breath as the canine stared back at you, "Just my luck." Annika and Hunter both stepped in front of you as they bared their fangs.

Sanders sighed tiredly in response, "I'm already in a bad mood as it is, get out of the way before I take it out on you."

"That supposed to be some kind of threat?" Hunter asked.

"A threat, a promise, a guarantee?" Sanders said as he gestured his hand in a rolling motion before shrugging, "I really don't care how you think of it, as long as you understand what happens if you don't get out of my way."

"For someone who's in a bad mood, you sure are being generous about giving us an opportunity to turn tail and run," Annika observed.

"Fine," Sanders growled as he lunged at Hunter. The fox jumped to the left as the lab's outstretched claws grazed him. Sanders tumbled to the ground before rising up and grabbing you by the wrist. He hoisted you into the air, you felt like your arm would be torn from its socket as your feet left the ground. "Finally," Sanders growled, "You have no idea what I went through to get my hands on you again!"

"Hey!" Annika shouted prompting both you and your captor to look in her direction. With his head turned away, Hunter came from the opposite direction and bit into Sanders' arm. The same arm which gripped your wrist. The dog yelped in pain before releasing you and slamming his forearm into Hunter's stomach. The fox whimpered as he tumbled across the floor in pain. You fell to the floor clutching your left shoulder. Sanders quickly returned his attention to you. Ignoring the burning pain in your arm you got up and threw yourself backwards and away from Silvia's agent. Sanders made a dive for you but never reached you as Annika launched herself into his side landing where he once stood. Sanders was hurled towards Hunter, who had just recovered. Taking advantage of the situation, Hunter struck Sanders across the face while he was still in midair. The Labrador grunted in pain before he crashed into the ground. Hunter stayed where he was while Annika positioned herself just in front of you as if she planned to shield you with her body.

Sander's stood up wincing at the pain from the injuries sustained, "Congratulations, you've managed to make me angry." Sanders then charged at Hunter. As Hunter readied himself to collide with him, Sanders accelerated at the last minute and plowed into Hunter before he was ready. Hunter gasped in surprise as the air was smashed out of his body. Sanders picked the younger canine up off of the ground and tossed him over his shoulder. Hunter's body slammed into the ground with a loud thud. As the fox was yet trying to get up, Sanders kicked him aside. He then turned and charged you and Annika. Your adoptive sister scooped you up and dashed out of the way of the initial attack. However, Sanders grabbed her by the leg causing her to trip and drop you. Baring her fangs, Annika kicked Sanders squarely in the chin with her free foot. She reared back for a second kick, but Sanders didn't afford her the opportunity and slung her across the floor by her ankle. Annika angled herself to land on her back, from there she was able use her momentum to roll onto her hands and feet while gripping the ground to come to a very cat-like stop. Sanders was already on her before she was even able to stand. Annika's eyes were wide with surprise while Sanders' eyes reflected lethal intent.

"Don't you touch her!" Hunter shouted as he punched the left side of Sanders snout. Sanders growled and returned the favor, just before driving a fist into Hunter's gut. Hunter doubled over, but as he did, he made sure to hold on to Sander's legs.

Sanders chuckled, "What kind of a fighting strategy is that?"

Hunter looked up at the larger canine with a grin as a trickle of blood ran from the corner of his mouth, "Just trying to give my sister a clean shot."

Sanders' smirk quickly faded when he looked up to find a sneaker slamming into the side of his head. As he reeled from the blow, Hunter pushed forward causing Sanders to topple backwards.

You knew that they had the upper hand for now, but it wouldn't stay that way.

You realized what you needed to tip the scales. You ran further into the warehouse. But Sanders noticed but was unable to get free of the vulpine siblings. You rushed back to the aisle where the terra frames were. You ran straight to terra frame Lupus. Your initial instinct was to get into that suit, but you resisted that urge. "If Silvia really is here, and she finds out that this thing exists... she'll stop at nothing to get her hands on both me and the suit. And if she can catch me in it, I'll have given her exactly what she wants," You thought. You then eyed some of the other units, "They're a bit beat up, but using one of these would be far better then getting caught in the Lupus..." You approached the armor wondering how in the world you were going to operate it. As if it were instinct, you began feeling around on the left torso, as you felt around on the cold metallic exterior your fingers brushed across a slot. You reached into the slot finding it to be a handle similar to a car door but smaller. With a light pull the front side of the armor opened up and the suit hummed to life. You took a deep breath as you stepped into the armor, "I really hope that I don't regret this..." You muttered to yourself as the armor's panels began to close back over you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162 26 13
Ever since they'd escaped from Fazbear Entertainment, the Anthros have since learned that freedom isn't all its chalked up to be. While the security...
1.1K 36 20
Arc: Intermission โœ” Diversity (Ongoing) โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ WARNING: -Gore -Strong Word โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ S.A.T.R.I.A, what a pure knight...
1.4K 23 11
Hunter has made a lot of friends after appearing on Modius. He's even gone to other realities and made friends; willing to help them with their probl...
368K 3.3K 13
There was a changing signs in the year 2017. Scientist managed to create what people call Furry's. They mixed human DNA with that of animals and soon...