Can i love you ?

By dcfanfic21

I have always dreamed of experiencing a passionate and intense love, the kind of love that only happens in mo... More

Introduction
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15(M)
16
17
18
19
20
21(M)
22
23
25(M)
26
27
28(M)
29
30
31
32(M)
33
34
35
36
37( Please I don't need more surprises)
38( Happy Birthday)
39 ( it's been 4 years)
40 ( are you jealous M)

24

1.1K 58 19
By dcfanfic21

I spent the evening immersed in my textbooks, trying to cram as much material into my head as possible. It was a struggle to wake up the next morning, but I forced myself to sit down with my notes. Thankfully, I had covered a substantial number of questions, leaving almost none untouched. However, there was no room for relaxation. I wanted to free up the evening for Minji, but getting lost in her eyes was not what I had in mind.

Preparations for the exam were in full swing, leaving me tired and on edge. The pressure of the session always saps my strength. Coffee became my lifeline, helping me maintain some semblance of normalcy. Yet, amidst the weariness, one thought persisted—soon I would see Minji.

Breakfast and lunch passed by uneventfully, with typical conversations with my mom about the upcoming exam, her work, and other mundane topics. Nothing out of the ordinary. As the study session wore on and the clock neared five, I decided to take a break and have some tea. My mom joined me, and I casually mentioned without expecting any difficulties:

"Mom, I'm going to Siyeon's place today."

"You have an exam tomorrow. Study at home," she responded coldly. It seemed odd, didn't it?

"I'm prepared, and it wasn't a question," I replied with a touch of rudeness. It's not right, especially with parents, but sometimes emotions get the better of us, especially when nerves are frayed during exams.

"I have the right to forbid it. Who knows where you'll be wandering off to at night. Sit and study at home. Enough of sleeping in someone else's bed," my mother blurted out.

"What do you mean, 'who knows'? I told you I'm going to Siyeon's!" I shouted back.

"Don't raise your voice at me! You're not going anywhere," she retorted.

"Why should I suddenly listen to you? I'm not a little girl! I'll spend the night wherever I want!" I snapped, storming out of the kitchen.

As I left the apartment, I could hear my mother grumbling with displeasure in the kitchen. Is this how it's going to be? As long as I live here? Fine! With my hand shaking from nerves and emotions, I hastily typed a message to Minji:

"Can you pick me up? NOW. I'm at home."

Five minutes later, her reply came:

"What happened? I'll be there in ten minutes."

I could still hear my mother's displeased muttering from the kitchen. As I packed a few things and grabbed my notebooks, I reflected on the situation. As long as I live here, she says? Well, fine. But what would Minji say? She never suggested that I move in with her.

In the hallway, just before stepping outside, I heard my mother's voice:

"Who gave you permission to leave? Where are you going? Get back to your room."

"I can handle it myself! Don't lecture me about shared living space!" I shouted back as I left the apartment.

Stepping outside, I let out a loud exhale. I heard something shouted after me. What is all this? Why the yelling? Could it really be because of my meeting with Minji? But everything was going well, wasn't it? Putting my internal turmoil aside, I stepped into the chilly evening air. Brr, it was cold. Spotting Minji's familiar car by the entrance, I walked towards it. Tossing my backpack in the back seat, I sat in the front passenger seat and let out another heavy sigh. Minji looked at me attentively and with concern, not daring to ask but voicing the question hanging in the air:

"What happened? You're not yourself, Yooh?" There was anxiety in her voice.

"Yeah, it's my mom. I don't know what got into her. She didn't want to let me go anywhere, saying 'enough of your wandering while you live in this house.' Can you imagine? So I left. Everything just infuriates me. And I have an exam tomorrow," I replied in a tired voice, which Minji noticed.

"Seems like our performance yesterday sowed some doubts in her head. Has she seen me giving you a ride before? It surprised me yesterday," Minji responded, slightly alarmed.

"Yeah, that time when we were discussing the competition. But Minji, it shouldn't affect anything. They'll have to accept my choice. Let's go to your place?" I answered, my voice filled with exhaustion, which Minji keenly sensed.

"Of course. I can tell my girl is tired," she whispered, starting the engine.

"Just talking to my mom, the exam... It's good to have you nearby," I said sincerely, slumping in the chair within the warm interior of the car.

Minji wanted to say something in response—I could feel it—but we both understood that words weren't necessary. However, my phone interrupted her intentions. It was my mom calling. Uncertain of what to do, but seeing Minji's gaze urging me to answer, I reluctantly picked up the call.

"What on earth! And are the teachers going to take you to Siyeon's now?!" I heard my mom's voice break into a shout. This was my mistake, an opportunity to confess. But I wasn't ready.

"Why are you yelling?" my mother continued. It was understandable; she couldn't wrap her head around it. But I wasn't about to accept her attacks.

I looked at Minji, frightened and unsure of what to say to my mother. Minji understood the situation. I sensed that she wanted to help, to calm the situation, but she too didn't know the best approach.

"We'll talk when you come back," my mom coldly threw those words at me through the phone.

I hung up and stared at my trembling hands, feeling upset. Minji started the engine and drove away. I pressed my buzzing head against the cold glass. The cabin was warm and quiet, with only the sound of the engine filling the air. We both remained silent, unsure of what to say, of what was appropriate in this situation. Was it really that bad? After all, if you think about it, sooner or later I would have to inform my parents. They would have to accept my choice, my true self. Had I decided to take this step on my own? Doubts plagued me—I felt like a terrible coward. Perhaps this was a reason to step out of the shadows, a reason to openly pursue happiness? Or at the very least, a reason to be true to myself?

As Minji pulled up to her familiar and beloved building, she turned off the engine. The warmth of the car's interior quickly dissipated in the cold. I hurriedly made my way towards the entrance, where Minji finally broke our oppressive silence:

"Are you upset?" she asked in a caring voice. This is what I miss so much now, after this conversation with my mother, after a pile of notes, after nervousness. Precisely worries. Her worries.

"To be honest, it's not all that bad. Maybe it will be better," I responded, calming myself rather than Minji. She felt it, she always feels me.

"Yooh, I'll talk to your mom if you want. Just please, don't screw up the situation. Besides, tomorrow is an exam," she whispered, taking my hand in hers.

"I'll talk to her. I will try. I didn't think that she would see and recognize your car, I'm a fool!" I said, entering the elevator.

"My little puppy, everything will work out. It's not your fault. Somewhere in the subconscious, I'm even glad that your mother is close to the truth, and her reaction is justified. I don't think that I myself would be delighted if my only daughter was seduced by some woman," she finished her sentence with a sad smile.

"The question is who seduced whom," I said.

"Well, well, master of seduction, come in already. Let's not wind ourselves up today? In addition, I promised someone to drive on questions," letting me into the apartment, Minji said ironically.

"I feel that your 'rush on questions' is the same as already passing an exam," I said more cheerfully.

"I will not let Handong fail such a miracle," Minji shouted from the kitchen.

"Did you talk to Handong? Eh, I mean with Miss Handong?" Embarrassed, I corrected the phrase, which made Minji grin.

"A shrewd puppy. So enough talk, besides, I see that someone is frozen. Run to wash your hands, and we will drink tea," Minji commanded cheerfully.

Sitting in the kitchen with a hot cup of tea, I felt calm. Alas, I was denied coffee when she found out that this would be the fifth mug for today. This comfort and its warmth, I will not exchange for anything. It's too valuable.

In the room, Minji turned on the teacher mode, which even amused me. But she didn't let me have fun for a long time. Questions, questions, and more questions—that's what I heard from her over the next few hours. But satisfied with the result, Minji praised me:

"My capable girl, you'll be fine tomorrow. I don't think Handong is angry at you. But still, you will apologize. Not for the sake of evaluation, for my own sake."

"For you," I said, walking up to her.

For the rest of the evening, we lay on the bed, luxuriating in hugs and kisses. Very comfortable. Very cozy. The night came earlier than desired. Time flies too fast in such pleasant moments. In the morning, the exam awaited, which meant I wanted to postpone it as far as possible.

But the alarm clock warned against basking. Minji was the first to get up, muttering something about my annoying phone. Still, I'm used to it. It's not so easy to wake me up, but for her, apparently, this is too annoying. Having mumbled something back to her, I continued to stay in bed. But it didn't last long.

"Wake up! Yooh, get up! Someone will be late for the exam! Run to wash and go to the kitchen!" commanded Minji. But, to be honest, an unimportant argument in the morning.

"That's how it is. Well, get up," approaching me, she said in the same manner. "Yoohyeon! Kim Yoohyeon!"

"I'm getting up," I mumbled, really sliding out of bed.

"Go wash," she pulled my hand into the bathroom, leaving me alone and already shouting outside the door, "breakfast will cool down, hurry up."

After washing, which allowed me to wake up, I went to the kitchen. Getting out of the warm captivity of the blanket is always difficult.

"You're a little too sleepy today," Minji responded, pushing a mug of coffee toward me.

"Mm, coffee," I drawled. "I don't know what it is. Usually on the day of the exam, the picture is exactly the opposite."

"Okay, let's eat, pack up, and go. I'll take you," Minji said gently, putting away the dishes in the sink.

"Come on, I'll get there myself. Fortunately, buses go everywhere." I didn't want to force her out of her cozy nest in such nasty weather.

"Babe, I still need to go to university today. An hour earlier, an hour later, not a significant difference. I'll take you," she replied without asking, but affirming.

"Okay, since it's useless to argue. Thank you for breakfast. You spoil me," I drawled, waking up completely.

"It is a pleasure to pamper your beloved, puppy," kissing me, Minji whispered, and later she added more seriously, "So, there is no time to bask. Someone has an exam in half an hour."

Having gathered, we went out into the street. The car was covered with snow overnight. Minji, without thinking twice, started the engine and turned on the heater, while she herself swept away most of the snow. She didn't let me. She sent me to sit in the cabin, which, fortunately, quickly warmed up. We arrived quickly.

Leaving the car in the university parking lot, we went about our business: Minji to the lecturers' department, and I to the classroom for the exam. There were five people in the audience, those who wanted to go in to answer among the first. Approaching the class, I felt my nerves. Classmates were also worried. Just sitting on the bench, I heard the clatter of heels. Alas, this was not Minji. Miss Handong turned around the corner. Quite expected. It is quite understandable. But this is no less exciting. The woman approached us, walking with a confident gait. Confidence is perhaps an important component for any teacher. But, what to hide, she is still far from Minji. Although, perhaps, not everyone will agree with me.

"Good morning, I hope everyone is ready?" she asked without much interest.

The guys started to answer something, like "of course," "we tried." I remained silent, only looking carefully into the woman's eyes. Apparently, she noticed my gaze. Letting everyone into the audience, she blocked my path for a moment and said:

"What, Kim Yooyeon, you are ready, I hope?" grinning.

"More than that," I replied without looking away.

"We'll see now," the woman hissed, about to enter the office.

"Miss Handong," I said, stopping her. She stopped, carefully looking into my eyes, trying to catch my intentions and the essence of the words.

"Excuse me for that incident. I'm sorry. I had no intention of hurting you. I wanted to apologize after the exam, but something tells me that I might not leave in the best mood, and I won't say a long-belated apology," without waiting for her answer, I went into the class.

All the guys had already taken the best places. I had to sit at the first desk near her desk. The teacher entered the class, examining us, and went to her desk to distribute the exam papers. The guys were busy with their own activities: someone was reviewing, someone was talking, and someone was observing the teacher's actions.

"Pull the tickets," the teacher said.

All the guys began to approach the table, including me. It was nerve-wracking. I pulled out a ticket, and it was number five. I informed her of the number and took my seat. Then I started writing.

Realizing that everything possible had already been stated on the piece of paper, I prepared to answer. The woman turned her attention to me, waiting for a response. I was sitting on a chair near the table, although, if I confess, my desk was in close proximity. I handed her the ticket, and she weakly nodded her head. I began to answer, with my voice trembling slightly and my hands not fully under control, but this was a normal state, not surprising. I spoke confidently, or at least it felt that way to me. The woman listened to me without interrupting, which surprised me. I had expected some kind of aggression from her. Maybe Minji was right? In any case, my monologue came to an end, and I hesitantly let go of the sheet, raising my eyes to the teacher. Miss Handong looked at me and began a small interrogation, which I successfully handled. It seemed to me that it went well.

"Okay, you convinced me," the teacher informed me, taking my record book.

In a hurry, I gathered my things, making sure not to forget my record book, and hurried out of the classroom like a bullet. In the hallway, I dared to take a peek inside. My heart skipped a beat before I realized that I received an "excellent" grade. Apparently, I had been mistaken about her. I think I should apologize to her again. Minji was right, as always.

I ran to Minji's department but realized at the door that it would be too foolish to burst into the staff room with cries of joy. She was likely not alone there. So, I sat on a familiar window sill and sent a message:

"I got an 'A'! I'm happy! Do you still have work to do?"

Five minutes later, my phone made a sound, notifying me of a reply. It was a message from Minji:

"I had no doubts! But I will be here for a while. Sorry. Shall we meet in the late afternoon?"

I felt a bit sad. I had thought we would spend the whole day together, but it turned out I would have to go somewhere alone. The question was, where should I go? Home? I didn't want to. Maybe to Siyeon? I dialed my best friend's number and went to pick out an outfit from the wardrobe.

"Yoohyeon, hello!" a cheerful voice finally answered.

"Hello! How are you? Are you at home?" I asked.

"Things have been busy. Yes, we just got back. How about you? You never call or visit. We miss you," Siyeon responded, with Bora shouting something in the background.

"Yes, exams, you know how it is," I waved her off.

"Maybe you could come over for a visit?"

"With pleasure. I'll be there in thirty minutes, okay?"

"Yes, we're waiting for you," Siyeon said calmly.

I arrived quickly since Siyeon lived not too far from my university. On the way, I stopped at the store and bought some cakes for tea. The weather outside was wintry: cold, slippery, and with lots of snow. I love snow, but the cold was not to my liking. More precisely, I was not suited for the cold. Siyeon greeted me at the apartment's threshold.

"Hi," the girl said, hugging me. "You're so cold," she added, shivering from the street frost that I had brought inside.

"Yes, it hasn't felt like summer outside for a long time," I responded, taking off my down jacket.

"Oh, what a pair," the blonde said, coming out of the kitchen.

"Can I have some tea?" I asked, pushing my boots aside.

"We can have something stronger," Bora smiled.

"Yeah, like coffee," Siyeon chimed in, giving a playful look to the blonde.

"Oh, I sense the familiar atmosphere of love and mutual understanding," I couldn't help but comment.

Meanwhile, Siyeon poured tea into cups, and Bora brought out cookies and sweets. My cakes were already waiting their turn on the table. It was always warm with these girls. It was impossible not to notice. It was cozy with Siyeon, who was dearer to me than my family, and Bora had already become like family to me.

"Come on, tell me, how have you been?" I asked sincerely, taking a cake.

"To put it briefly, it's been eventful," answered my friend, with Bora nodding in agreement.

"And what about you? Where is Minji?" I inquired.

"She's at work," I muttered, but then added more optimistically, "but everything is fine between us. We had a little argument, but now we're back together. However, things aren't going smoothly with my mother," I blurted out, not initially intending to confess.

"What happened?" Siyeon asked, sounding serious.

"It seems like she suspects something about us," I mumbled, lowering my eyes.

"Really? How and when did that happen?" Bora grinned.

"It was stupid, to be honest. Nothing concrete, really. Minji just gave me a ride, and my mother saw. She saw us sitting in the car and talking. Well, at least we didn't do anything more," I rambled, dropping my gaze. "Then she expressed some ridiculous suspicions, didn't let me spend the night, saying I should come to you. I got upset and left, or rather Minji took me in her car, and my mother saw. And, you know, not many people get picked up from home in the evening by car. Stupid, right? But now I'm sure that something absurd is waiting for me at home, at the very least a talk and some shouting."

"Well, it doesn't sound concrete at all," Bora commented. "If you're not ready, convincing your parents of the innocence of your friendship shouldn't be a problem."

"Are you sure? It feels like our friendship is already too open," I doubted.

"I can hardly believe that Yoohyeon's mother would believe in fairy tales," Siyeon said.

"You're just being pessimistic," the blonde chuckled, "and not an expert in fairy tales."

Siyeon clicked her tongue, but Bora pulled her closer, and it had a calming effect on Siyeon. Bora continued, looking at me:

"Just think, it might be better to take a chance and be open about it. Yes, it's not an easy path, but sooner or later, they will accept it. My parents eventually came to terms with it, although they were initially against it. Parents are like that; they want the best. You just need to show them what's best for you. But it's a choice that only you can make if you truly want to be together," Bora finished, appearing more serious than usual. Her words sounded very accurate. Even Siyeon listened attentively, refraining from interjecting, and at the end, she squeezed Bora's hand in agreement.

"I'm afraid that Minji might have problems at work because of us," I admitted.

"If you approach the conversation correctly, I doubt your parents will rush to the dean's office to complain about Minji. If you ignore them, shut yourself off, more problems might arise. There's always a moment of choice. We always decide something for ourselves. To confess to your parents, try to find their support, or lie and hide—it's your choice," Bora explained.

"You're right," I responded. "But the choice isn't easy and it's terrifying," I added, my words tinged with gloom and sadness.

We continued to drink tea and talk. Bora's words were helpful, indeed. Sometimes you just need an outside perspective to understand yourself and your thoughts. I felt fear, afraid to confess to my mother and worried that she would judge and reject me. But by not giving her a chance to know who I truly am, I'm making the choice for her. But is that fair? I'm scared that if we confess, everyone will find out—our friends, acquaintances, and Minji's colleagues. But Bora is right, parents, in their search for the truth, can do much more foolish things. Silence and running away isn't an option. We'll have to face the conversation sooner or later, whether it means telling the truth or lying. It's a choice I can't avoid.

The girls shared updates about their lives. Siyeon had stopped worrying and finally let go of other people's thoughts, finding peace within herself. She began trusting Bora completely, which was a joy to see. However, she hadn't spoken to her parents about their relationship yet; they had an agreement "not to rush."

We sat for a couple of hours, enjoying tea and indulging in treats in the kitchen. Then we moved to a room where the girls showed me pictures from their recent trip. They went to a campsite, almost like we did that time, but this time with a larger group. It was strange that they hadn't told me about it earlier, or maybe I just hadn't had time to hear their stories. Who knows? Either way, I found myself immersed once again in that enchanting atmosphere, feeling the warmth and comfort. In a moment of nostalgia, I received a message from Minji:

 "I'm almost free. I can pick you up if you still want to see each other," Minji texted.

I quickly replied, "I'm at Siyeon's. Come, I will be very happy."

Before Minji arrived, we continued chatting and making plans to go somewhere for the weekend. I feel comfortable and grateful to have such wonderful people in my life. They bring me immense happiness. The doorbell interrupted our conversation, signaling Minji's arrival. Siyeon hurried to open the door, and I started putting on my shoes. Minji walked past, grinning in my direction, and said:

"Hi, girls, and the puppy. I see it couldn't wait without me."

"Well, I wasn't expecting you in a jacket," I playfully replied, lacing up my boot.

Bora smiled and suggested, "Maybe coffee?"

"Unfortunately, I'm having a problem with coffee today. Reports have forced me to empty more than one or two cups," Minji responded.

"We also have tea," Siyeon offered.

"Thank you, but not today. Although I won't refuse next time," my woman calmly declined. Just as I finished with my boots, Minji asked, "What about your plans, Yoohyeon?"

"Do you have any suggestions?" I asked, buttoning up my jacket.

Minji clarified as she said goodbye to the girls, "Yes, I passed the exam! I want to celebrate."

"Congratulations! Well then, let's go to a cafe. We can have something to eat based on your preference, and later at home, I promise a particularly pleasant and cozy evening," I cheerfully shouted, leaving the entrance.

"That sounds perfect. Let's go," Minji said, grinning as she got into the car. I couldn't help but smile contentedly.

Thank you for all your comments!

They mean a lot to me!

Have a nice day.

See you on Monday. I'm busy with work this week!

And get ready for the next chapter..🥵🤯🥺

A lot will be happening.

Edit: Corrected some text errors.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 339 28
𝟭𝟴+ | 𝙛𝙚𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙚𝙧 A dream career should be what every modern woman chases, not love. That's what you've always told yourself, but whe...
30.1K 1.4K 23
A story about two girls with completely different stories but with one wish - to be loved. What will happen when they'll meet? Will it be an easy lov...
7.1K 221 10
Kim Minji is a famous in Seoul, South Korea for owning half of buildings there. Minji has a girlfriend name Yoohyeon who has a lot of sexual secrets...
12.2K 580 13
If the only thing I regret in my life is that I didn't meet this girl before my friend. Will this story have a happy ending? Completed