₊❏ Insufferable ❜ ⋮ Mako X Re...

By laurwance

Sometimes the most insufferable are the most irresistible. "=⌕ Cover Art Credit ; artipelago on deviant art... More

*ੈ keep it short, this is peach fuzz!✩‧₊˚
*ੈ i better ace that interview ✩‧₊˚
ੈ✩ wonder who you lay next to ‧₊˚
ੈ✩ you can keep me warm on a cold night ‧₊˚
*ੈ is that cool with you? ✩‧₊˚
*ੈ that was until you came along ✩‧₊˚
ੈ i'd sell my own bones for sapphire stones ✩‧₊˚
*ੈ cause blue is your favorite color ✩‧₊˚
ੈ only if you like me too, i could fall in love with you ✩‧₊˚

*ੈ you're wasting your tongue with lame excuses and lies ✩‧₊˚

109 2 0
By laurwance

Pronouns: they/them; gender neutral
[P/N] = preferred name <3

Oh I'm fine. You should see the other guy.

"Korra?" You tilt your head to her. She turned around quickly.  "[P/N] listen to me please. This may sound like a complete jump but.."

"So, you think Mr. Sato manufactured those gloves for the Equalists, then framed Cabbage Corp?" Lin raised her brow at the girl. Korra nods.

"That's a bold accusation. But what proof do you have?" She asked, tilting her head. Korra sighed and shook her head. "Well, I don't exactly have proof, but I know what I heard." She looked up into Lin's eye. She was determined to out this man. "Sato's up to something." She huffs, her brows furrowing.

Lin nods, her chin in her fingers. "He does have the means." Lins mutters, putting this all together in her head. Tenzin nods in agreement. "And he has a motive." Lin added on. "That's right."

"A motive?" You asked. "What is it." Korra asked. "Twelve years ago, the Agni Kai Triad robbed Sato's mansion." Tenzin starts, turning to the two of you. "A Firebender killed Sato's wife during the break-in." Tenzin shut his eyes and shook his head.

"That's terrible." Korra stutters in disbelief. "It was tragic." Lin huffs. "It's possible he's been harboring
anti-bending sentiment all this time." Tenzin turns to Lin.

"Maybe we should look at Mr. Sato a little more closely." Lin nods

The 4 of you enter the mansion. The look on Asamis face hurt to see. "Hey what's going on?" Asami walks up to you, a look of confusion and hurt splattered onto her face.

"Why are they asking Hiroshi more questions?" You two turn to Asami. Korra puts a hand on your shoulder, the look of  "let-me-do-it."

You nod and look at them again. "I overheard him on
the phone yesterday.." Korra started, their attention on her. "Asami, I don't know how to tell you this, but I think your father might be involved with the Equalists." Korra looks up to them again. Asami in disbelief.

"What? I don't believe this!" Asami storms off, infuriated. Mako turns to Korra, astonished. "You spied on Hiroshi? What's your problem?" He scoffs, going after Asami. You and Korra look at each-other and then went up.

The first thing you heard when you got up those stairs was "My father is innocent!" From an outraged Asami. She walked besides her father. "Just because we're not benders, doesn't mean we support those awful Equalists!" She puts her foot down, crossing her arms.

Hiroshi looked astonished. You and Korra entered after. The words blurred into your mind.. all you could do is look at Asamis hurt expression. She couldn't believe you two would accuse her father of such a heinous act.

"It's just business. Nothing nefarious." He folds his hands and gives them a look. Tenzin and Lin look at each-other and nodded. "In order to put all suspicions to rest, might we have a look into your factories and warehouses?" Lin asked. Mr Sato let out an aggravated sigh.

Looking up, he agrees. "If you feel it's necessary, you are welcome to search all of Future industries." He nods.

After the search. You all met up outside. "I can't believe we didn't find anything." Korra mutters. You sigh. Maybe Hiroshi was innocent and she was paranoid hearing the wrong thing. "It would appear Hiroshi is innocent." You two looked up at Tenzin.

"Okay, you did your search. Now you can all leave." Asami crossed her arms, shooting a glare at you two. Korra shot the same look back. You held her hand. "Korra.. it's not worth it." You mutter.

Asami stormed off as it was now just you, Korra and Mako. He turns to Korra, a bit frustrated. "So, I hope you're convinced now." He crossed his arms. Korra shakes her head, letting go of your hand. "No, I'm not." She spat sourly at Mako. Mako scrunching his face in disbelief. "I don't care how cooperative Hiroshi is being, I know he's lying." Korra huffed back.

"Why are you doing this?" Mako asked. "Are you that jealous of me and Asami?" He raised his voice slightly.

"What? Don't be ridiculous. That has nothing to do with it!" Korra scoffed. "I can't believe he would insinuate that." You thought. It said a lot more about Mako than Korra at that point.

He shakes his head. Ok Mister Know-It-All.. "If you don't drop this, consider our friendship over." Mako turns to you. "That goes for you too." Your heart drops. You couldn't back down.

You put a hand on Korras shoulder as you got closer to Mako, to look him right in the eyes. A soft, but unnoticeable blush was on his face. His breath hitched for a bit. Your face features kept him in a trance. Your soft but well defined jaw. The kindness in your eyes. He could tell you were doing what you thought was right but it didn't make it hurt less. Your puffy cheeks.

"I'm sorry. Hiroshi is not the man you think he is." You stated simply and backed up. A tiny bit of hurt on Makos face. You two went your separate ways. Korra following shortly after.

"I can't believe Mako right now!" Korra exclaims as you two exited the building. "Me neither.." You sigh as you turn to her. "Korra, I believe you whole heartily. But what if we are wrong..?" You asked, the familiar worrisome tone in your voice.

She stood there for a second then looked up at you. "You gotta trust me in this doll. I know it's a big stretch but you just gotta." She gave a serious glance. This was an extreme jump on the gun.

You were always by Korras side. So when you arrived to the Sato mansion. You once again were out of it. You weren't there mentally. Something about Makos complex expression got you in a trance. He stares back into your eyes. You jumped and looked away. A hot rush of shame flooded your face.

"Hey doll. C'mon." Korra grabbed your hand then walked you down. "Ugh Korra I'm not helpless. I can walk just fine." You huff like a baby. She scoffed jokingly. "Well I would've but someone was making goggley eyes at a certain someone. Mako is spoken for [P/N]. You know this." She sighed as you walked side by side. You look away.

"It's not like that. I understand he's with Asami it's just- listen my relationship issues and feelings aren't the issue at hand the issue is-" an abrupt stop. You shake it off. "Nows not the time, C'mon!" You grab Korras hand and out you two were. You followed closely beside Korra and behind the group.

Beifong looked around cautiously and furrowed her brows. "Not your average backyard workshop." Lin remarks in a sarcastic way. Tenzin nods in agreement. "And I'm guessing those are the new weapons." Korra pointed to the gigantic mecha tanks. "Wow.." is all you could utter.

Where could.. no where did he find all the time to make copies on copies of monstrous machines. "Hiroshi was lying, all right. But where is he?" Tenzin hums in confusion. Suddenly a loud slam of a metal door echoed behind you.

You turn around swiftly and gulped harshly. "Any idea what that was?" You turned to Beifong. She looked just as clueless as you. "I have no idea." She turns back to the mecha-tanks.

Lin got ready to bend the walls until a familiar voice rang in the workshop. "I'm afraid you won't be able to metalbend that wall, Chief Beifong." Hiroshi. You turn around quickly. To see multiple tanks turned on, a green light flashing in your eyes.

"It's solid platinum." He added on. The tanks turn to you, cornering the group. "My mecha-tanks are
platinum as well. Not even your renowned mother
could bend a metal so pure." He utters in a dark tone.

You look up at Korra. This is a fight you knew you couldn't bend with. You hope for a reassuring glance back but her eyes give you pity. You were at a guaranteed loss. You sighed shakily as Korra turned her attention to Hiroshi, her brows furrowing angrily.

"Hiroshi, I knew you were a lying, no-good Equalist!" She snarled, her fists clenching. You look up to him, trying to show no fear but any one could smell the fear. Mecha tanks? Really. "Come out here and—!" Korra points her finger at the man as he doin abruptly cuts her off.

"And do what, young Avatar? Face the wrath of your bending?" He asked rhetorically. He stifles an obvious laugh. "No, I think I'll fight from inside here. Where my odds are a little more... Equal." He breathes the last bit , sending shivers down your spine.

Beifong had a complex look on her face then she sends a angered one to Mr Sato. "That source was a setup. You lured us down here!" Lin gets in a stance that has an aura of frustration and disbelief. You turn to Lin then Hiroshi as the mecha tanks slowly get closer the the group of you.

"Guilty as charged." He slurs.

All you could do is run and jump. You were useless do the team. You were out a breathe so quickly it was hard to stay on your feet. Your were so weak and this whole fight made you realize it. "Korra!" You shout, getting distracted and a kick was all it took to down you. "Ahh!" You shouted in pain as the electric force pulsed onto your chest. Your eyes got watery only making it more painful for your eyes. The flashing lights knocking you out with a dangerous head ache

"[P/N]!" The girl shouts as she was soon knocked against the wall. Everything was blurry.. going dark. You were out. You were out like a light.

You woke up to see Bolin holding you on his back. You were still hazy. On the ship you lied on a bench. Your back sore and your eyes weary.

"Hngh.. K-Korra?" You utter tiredly. Her running to your aid. "Hey hey.. it's okay shh.. it's okay." She smiles at you, lying you back down. "I was so useless! I just ran. I never felt so pathetic and helpless. I'm sorry Korra.." you sigh hoarsely.

"You were a big help. Don't say that.." you blush a bit and smile at her. "I don't need your pity." You joke as you got up to go to Asami.

"Hey Asami. I'm so, so sorry about your father." You grunt weakly. "[P/N]? Please rest. Your injured." She helps you stand properly. "Oh I'm fine. You should see the other guy." Earning a light chuckle. Mako smiling a bit, stifling a laugh.

"Don't plan to." She smiles kindly. "Thank you so much.. Doll?" Asami raised a brow. A blush plasters onto your face. "U-Usually Korra calls me that." You shuffle meekly. She laughs. "How's dear? If 'doll' if Korras thing." Asami suggests. You hum softly. "Well.. growing up I got called [N/N]." You look up to her.

She giggles a bit. "[N/N]? Really. Where did that come from.." Korra pipes in. "Oh I can tell ya!" She sneers. "Korra no you always butcher the story!" You exclaim, embarrassingly. Mako and Asami laughing. Bolin pops in curiously.

"You're finally here!" Ikki squeals loudly. You hold onto Bolin as the bison landed. "Welcome To the air temple. Your new home." Korra greets happily. "Yes! Welcome to my domain." Meelo says in a cocky tone. "Well, aren't you sweet, little monk child?" Bolin cooes cutely at the little boy. "What's that fuzzy creature?" Ikki asked pointing to Pabu. You were about to explain till Jinora pops in.

"That is a fire ferret, an arboreal mammal common to the bamboo forests of the central Earth Kingdom." She explains to her younger sister. You nod and pat her head. "He's cute!" Ikki squeals longingly. Pabu hissing at her and running around Naga.

Meelo jumping onto Nagas back. "Yip yip. Fly, sky bison. Fly!" He exclaims. Naga growling lowly. "Thanks for sending the Air Acolytes to help us with the move." Asami smiles at Korra.

You turn to the group of teens. "Yeah, they've been amazing." Mako agrees. "Such tireless workers." She laughs awkwardly. You soon see a tower.. maybe higher of suit cases. "I thought you were only bringing a few things." Korras jaw drops. "Trust me, it could've been worse." Mako sighs as you hum happily, shaking your head.

"No problem. Everyone here wants you guys to feel welcome." You cheer happily, holding Asamis hand. Mako giving you a sour look, a hint of jealousy.

You were to busy staring at Mako once again. You admired his face structure, his stare at you. Wait what?

Oh no he was staring back. But.. Like Brueghel's landscape with the Fall If Icarus, he was lost in details, you were likewise. The idea of getting caught while lost in each-other was so.. intriguing but it wasn't worth it. You two blush a bit and send awkward smiles, looking away. Korra noticed this and felt her chest tightened a bit.

"So where will we be staying?" Mako asked Korra. Meelo chirps in happily. "You're a boy. Boys have to stay on the boys' side." Meelo huffs. "I'll be happy to show you two to the boys dormitory." You smile at Bolin and Mako. "I'm a boy!" Bolin follows you both.

Meelo joining in suit. "So." Mako coughs awkwardly. "We're almost there!" You chirp happily as you jogged over to the door. "Here we are!" You wink as you dramatically open the doors. "It's not that dramatic [N/N]!" Meelo groans embarrassed. "Oh it is.. back then, when avatar aang made this place. Supposedly they got haunted with a angered spirit." You said darkly, the boys tensing up.

Meelo hugging your thigh. "The last person who lived here.. has never slept the same." You close your eyes for dramatic affect. "What happened to them." Bolins bottom lip shudders. "They.. fused as one and they roam in those trees back there!" Bolin and Mako turn to where you pointed. "Boo!" You shout, making them fall back.

Meelo screamed too. "Ugh, [P/N]! Not funny." Bolin huffs as he gets up, dusting himself off. "It's true!" You giggle goofily. "[P/N]." You tense up and turned around. Tenzin.. "Don't scare the boys please. Whatever they said isn't true. They have a nic for things like this." He pinches the bridge of his nose. "Ok sorry you two.. it was a joke." You giggle as you hop into the dorms. "There's two beds for you both. It's a little smaller than the arena and Asamis home but at least you won't have to share a bed!" You giggle. Mako makes a disgusted face.

"Thankfully. Bolin used to wet the bed." He sneers as Bolin blushed in embarrassment. "Did not!" You crossed his arms. "Sure buddy." He rolled his eyes. "Ugh sharing beds with siblings are the worst." You agreed, sitting on Bolins bed.

He turns his head to you curiously. "You have family?" He asked. You sit up quickly. "Course I do! They're back home though.. I lived with Korra. We grew up together in the southern water tribe." You hum.

"What we're they like." Mako couldn't help but be curious. You sit up fully and think for a second. "Well.." You start.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66.2K 3.6K 26
GIVE ME LOVE | ❛ you know, fire-boy, with all this stalking, I'm starting to think you like me! ❜...
22.2K 438 39
Your past comes back to haunt you when your idiot brother is arrested, yet again. Somehow unknowingly leaving you under the protection of a cop you c...
19.6K 622 56
Everyone dreams of being the greatest at something. May it be the greatest bender, the greatest warrior or even the greatest Avatar. But in my case...
6.7K 336 10
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...