Among the Peonies

By youmakemeangry

Annabel McGromery is fragile. Small, quiet, and sweet, she stumbles upon the unfortunate presence of Blade B... More

The Taking
Stuck
Attempts of escape
Werewolves are real
Heh. Bumble bee.
Rage
You're Not a Burglar
Unsettled business
Sorry, I'm a cat person
Two kittens and a disaster
Attempts of Escape part 2
One-way ticket
Marked
Apologies
Rogues
Surprise surprise
Family Reunion
Opening up
Sassiness on fleek
Give and Let Go
Note
PEACHES
Whispers of War
Author's Note
It's okay, this is a chapter:)
Packing
Movie Review
Last Words
Home bound
It's gettin hot in here
AUTHORS NOTE
I Need You
Stay Away
NOT A CHAPTER
IMPORTANT

The search for mr. Whiskers.

382K 11.8K 3.9K
By youmakemeangry

"That's your excuse?" His voice was low and his words were slow, testing. He was having difficulty reigning in his emotions.

"Um... yes?"

He closed his eyes and sighed, running his hands through his hair roughly as he paced quickly. Suddenly, he stopped. Eyes still closed, he ordered, "come here."

I slowly stood, and carrying the kitten, walked to him.

"Leave that damn cat over there."

"What?! No! I'm keeping..." I lifted the kitten up to dangle, "him. Definitely a him."

Blade opened his eyes and they were a burning obsidian. "Jay!"

I felt a rush of wind and then there he was. Stupid werewolves. "Take that damn cat to the house."

I glared at Bumblebee. "Please," I added for him. He glared back. "Oh! And could you please give him some water? Maybe some food, too, if we have anything. You know, like birds, snakes, mice... that sort of stuff."

He nodded and I handed the adorable kitten to him. "Yes, Luna." Once Jay left, Bumblebee was right in front of me. His stomach grazed my hoodie, but that was it.

"So you weren't trying to leave me?" His voice sounded so vulnerable.

"Well, I succeeded in leaving you to catch the cat..."

"That's not what I mean."

I gulped. "No, I wasn't trying to leave you."

He lifted my chin so that my eyes met his silver ones. "Promise?"

"Pinky."

He gave a little half-smile and held out his pinky. I looked down at it and looked back up at him with a huge smile. He smiled back.

I linked my pinky with his and he sucked air through his teeth. I immediately let go and snapped my gaze up at him. Worriedly, I asked, "what? What's wrong? Did I hurt you? I'm sorry! Let's go find a doctor! Do you have a doctor? Wait, it's only in your pinky. Whew, what a relief. We can relax. Well, not too much. You might be critically hurt on your pinky, but I don't know if that's possible. I guess-"

"Annabel!"

I looked up, and he was laughing. It made me smile. "I'm fine. It's just, we're mates."

I gave him a questioning glance as to how that applied here.

"When you touch me, or, when I touch you..." he was getting closer, and I kept taking steps back. His tone of voice was serious now and the octave had dropped. "These... sparks, I guess. I feel sparks. Do you? It wouldn't be surprising if you don't, since you're human."

Suddenly, despite my efforts to keep a safe distance away from him, he grabbed my hoodie and pulled me to him. His eyes searched mine deeply before he slowly lifted my shirt and hoodie to reveal the small of my back. He then delicately placed his other hand on the exposed skin. I gasped and leaped forward instinctively, resulting in me throwing myself into his arms.

He kept the skin-on-skin contact. "Do you feel that? Do you feel those sparks?" he whispered deeply to me.

My breathing hitched. I did feel the sparks. And it kind of freaked me out, honestly. Like, sure it was awesome having my heart racing like some adrenalin junkie, but it was a little out of my comfort zone.

"Do you?"

I tore myself from his embrace and ended up about five feet away from him. His expression held only hurt. I nodded. "They feel weird. I don't think I like it."

His sad expression suddenly turned ecstatic. "You seriously feel them?"

"Yeah. Let's not do that again. It's weird."

He laughed lightly. "You'll get used to it." He grabbed my hand, and these sparks were easier to ignore. Probably because hands are made for feeling things, so feeling something when his hand was there didn't set off too many alarms when I was otherwise occupied observing or what not. Now, however, with my mind pain-staking clear on the sensations he gave me, I kind of just wanted to crawl in the library and never leave. Well, I always wanted that, but now I wanted it even more.

Desperate for my mind to be on something else, anything else, my eyes fell upon his back.

Strong, tall, muscular, tan, and... Half-covered with tattoos. They were all black, and I couldn't make out what any of them were, really, but they were scrolling and beautiful. They stretched all the way from his basketball shorts line to his shoulders. I noticed that the side of his back that held the tattoos, they also extended onto that arm as well. However, they all stopped at his spine, the other side completely flawless.

Curious, I reached out a few fingertips and gently placed them on his back, tracing the ink. He stopped suddenly, and I ran into his back.

"Ugh, dude."

I looked up to see him looking down at me, his eyes black. "Annabel."

Uh oh.

He began taking steps towards me as I took steps back. I kept looking behind me to make sure I didn't run into a tree. When I looked back one time, though, he picked me up and pinned me to a tree. He was gentle and determined.

His eyes stared into mine for awhile before he lowered his head and nuzzled his face in my neck. I sighed, relieved, until I felt him place a soft kiss on the sensitive skin. I instantly froze.

My neck has always been a sensitive spot.

He kissed again. This time, with a bit more pressure, and closer to my ear. I moaned. This seemed to encourage him as he began to kiss more and more. Me, lost in a whirlwind of moans and sensations, wrapped my legs around his waist tightly. I tangled my fingers into his hair and pulled at the roots a bit. "Blade," I moaned.

He growled loudly and slammed his hands on either sides of my head. The tree cracked. He began trailing his kisses up my neck and along my jaw, finally to my lips. I pushed him away. "Uh, wait."

"What?" His eyes were about as black as black could be.

"Um... I've never kissed anyone."

He smiled. "Perfect." He began to try for the kiss again, but I stopped him.

"So, I don't know what I'm doing."

"Babydoll, it'll be fine."

He slowly leant down, and this time I let him. When our lips touched, the sparks that went off caused me to gasp. He smiled against the kiss, and I smiled back. He pressed his lips harder against mine, and I let him. His lips were softer than I'd imagine them to be. That was also more of an advantage than I'd thought it'd be.

Growing desperate, he bit my bottom lip gently. I gasped at the odd sensation. He took the opportunity to slide his tongue in. I thought it'd be gross. I thought I'd push him away and proceed to start throwing up. But it was amazing. I moaned and tugged at his hair, and he pulled me closer than I thought possible. He left my mouth and trailed back down to my neck. He left a few kisses there, then went down to my collarbones. I gasped and moaned almost constantly.

Weakly, I pushed him away knowing we had to stop. He wouldn't stop. I applied some pressure on his chest. "Blade," I called out.

He growled-slash-groaned and I'll be damned if it wasn't the most amazing sound I've ever heard. "No, no, wrong name for the moment. Sorry. Bumblebee." He was growling and kissing and I was just becoming more alarmed by the second. "Bumblebee we need to stop." He growled at that. "Look, I am not having sex with you!" He instantly stopped and looked up at me.

"What?"

"I said I'm not having set with you!"

"One: yes you will. Just not right now. Two: say it again."

"What?"

"Say 'sex' again."

"Ugh! You're impossible! Put me down! I'm going to go hang out with that kitten."

He groaned but obliged, setting me down gently. I took about two steps before he picked me up bridal style and carried me all the way back to the house.

"Luna!" Jay's panicked voice called me.

I jumped out of Bumblebee's arms. "What is it?!"

"The kitten... I've..." he gulped and looked away from me. "I've lost him. I'm so sorry. You may punish me to your liking." He kneeled before me and tilted his head to the side, exposing his neck.

Silence. "What the heck are you talking about?! Get up and help me find him!"

He blinked and scrambled up. "Y-yes Luna."

"Okay, is he in the house?"

"Yes, Luna."

"Quit calling me Luna!"

"What should I call you then?"

"Well my name is Annabel, you know."

He smiled. "Annabel it is."

A growl erupted behind me and I was pulled into Bumblebee's chest. "I don't appreciate you saying her name, Beta."

I lightly smacked his arm. "Chill out, it's my name." He growled. Whatever. I looked to Jay. "Do you know if he's still in this room?"

He looked down. "No."

"Well let's get searching. Look under every bed, every couch, and, make sure no doors or windows are open. Just to make sure he didn't leave the house."

"Yes ma'am."

He must've done that mindlink thing, because he spaced out for a few seconds, then twenty people were here. All men. Are there any women around here?!

"You heard the Luna-" I cleared my throat. "Er, you heard... Annabel?" He looked back at Blade, to see if this was his last day on earth. Bumblebee held me tighter, but other than that, he nodded. Jay nodded back, relieved. "Four groups, look for the kitten. Small, all black, and... uh..."

I helped out with the description with, "fluffy tail, pretty light blue eyes. Well, one is blue. The other is green. He's adorable! You'll know it's him when your heart melts a little inside."

Chuckles were heard around the room and I blushed, pressing into Blade in my time of discomfort. He held me closer.

"Alright, men. Go!" Jay ordered. They all scrambled upstairs and through the halls. Me, Jay, and Blade, though searched the current room.

The search for the temporarily-named Mr. Whiskers was on!

Comment what the kitten should be named! I'll pick from the options. It can be cute, silly, or serious. I don't discriminate!! Haha thanks for reading guys! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 15.9K 49
Kylie survived the brutal destruction of her pack only to discover her cold alpha mate was the one responsible for the brutal slaughter of her family...
423K 8.6K 28
She moved with a certain thoughtfulness about her. Every step was placed gently. Whether this is to disappear from those around her or to protect the...
214K 9.8K 38
"I know I'm a monster, but even I have my limits!" I shout at him. He shouldn't have done that. "Wait, please, I- , let me explain. I'm sorry-" "I sh...
726K 17.5K 29
Follow Amelia and see how she finds love after being Banished by her own Alpha mate.