Good vs. Evil

By duke_destin

Y/n Fawley was just another student in the background. Good grades but not good enough to be sought out. A go... More

Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chater 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Healing Era??
Chapter 68
Chapter Sixty nineeeee
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 19

7.1K 205 32
By duke_destin

The soft music started and the champions twirled their dates around the dance floor. Dumbledore and Professor McGonagall joined them, as did a few other couples.

Dean tapped my arm, motioning to the dance floor. I smiled, pulling him along. I chuckled as we got into position and started waltzing.

He twirled me around and I tried not to lose my balance, smiling broadly. My skirt whirled around my feet and pieces of my hair were already falling into my face. I tucked them back, trying not to stumble over my feet. Dancing was really a struggle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jumped up and down to The Weird Sisters' most popular song.

'Oh! Can you dance like a hippogriff?
Na na na ma ma ny na na ny na'

Everyone was on the dance floor except for a few stragglers. I danced with Dean, twirling in a circle. I laughed, my face getting hot.

"I'll go get us some drinks." Dean said over the music.

"Ok, I'll be over here." I motioned to the tables.

I split off from him. I slowly made my way over to Hermione.

"So, Viktor Krum, eh?" I asked Hermione. She whirled around.

"Oh, yeah." She rubbed her arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I stepped closer to her, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"It's just," She sighed, "Ron keeps saying that Viktor is just using me."

"Using you?" I scoffed, "For what?"

"I don't know," She shrugged, "I- I guess to get information on Harry, or just- I don't know."

"That's completely mental!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Viktor's so polite and you're an amazing person. Ron's just jealous that he didn't have the nerve to ask you first and you should let him know that he missed the chance."

She nodded.

"And if he's really making you feel upset then you should let him know, if he's really you're friend he'll understand." I sighed.

"Yeah, you're right." She nodded. She started to walk off.

"Let me know how it goes!" I called as she walked away.

"What did you do?" Elijah asked, making me jump.

"Oh, hey." I smiled. "You look nice."

He was wearing a white dress shirt and red velvet dress robes with a matching bow tie.

"As do you." He nodded, "What did you do?"

"Oh," I waved him off, "Ron Weasley was giving her trouble so I was giving her advice."

"And what advice would that be?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Just that he's jealous that he didn't get the chance to asked her and that if he was really her friend he would speak to her." I sighed, "How's Hera?"

"She didn't come." He shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Couldn't find a date." He shrugged again.

"So she just didn't come?" I crossed my arms, "That's... unbelievable."

"Don't ask me, I don't understand what's going through her mind." He sighed.

"Well, her loss." I shrugged, I looked behind him to see Dean waving me over, two drinks in one of his hands. "I gotta go, I'll see you later."

He waved as I walked over to Dean.

"Who's that?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"Oh, that's my friend Elijah. He's here with Lavender Brown so we hadn't had the chance to talk before." I explained as I took one of the drinks.

"Is he the one that's friend with the crazy girl?"

"Who Hera? She's not crazy." I thought for a second, "Well..."

"Eh," He shrugged, "She sure is obsessed with Harry. Following him around during quidditch practice and after classes."

I raised an eyebrow, "Huh, strange. I didn't know about that."

"Well, after you two got in an argument, I haven't seen her at all." He sipped his drink.

"Wow, well, my apologies. I never thought she would act like that."

"S'not your fault." He smiled, putting down his drink. "C'mon."

He pulled me back to the dance floor where The Weird Sisters' were now playing a slow song.

We danced back and forth. I put my hands on his neck, not stressed about having to waltz. I sighed and closed my eyes, feeling at peace for the first time in a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We danced to the third song, some of the last people on the dance floor. Lots of people had turned in, others were eating or sitting, and lots were snogging.

"Excuse me." I looked up to see Seamus Finnegan. "Can I borrow Dean for a minute."

"Of course, I'll be at the table."

Dean went with Seamus and I left the dance floor. Ron and Hermione had disappeared and Harry's date had left him so he was now sitting alone.

"Lonely?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"Oh, hey." He smiled

"Where are your friends?" I cocked my head.

"Where are your's?"

"Yeah," I laughed, "Right."

"Hey, I'm sorry about her 'stalking' you." I rolled my eyes, "Dean told me about it, that's real twisted."

He shrugged, "It's not your fault, she's her own twisted person."

I laughed, nodding.

"I know you're not close with her, but do you know what Cho's deal is." I crossed my arms.

"What do you mean?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, every time I see her she's always glaring at me or whispering to her pack." I shrugged.

"Her pack?" He laughed.

"Yes, her pack!" I laughed with him, "Look!"

I pointed to Cho who was in a small group of girls, they were whispering and looking around while Cedric was off getting drinks.

"I rest my case." I leaned against the table, crossing my arms.

"Huh." He shrugged, "You were right."

"I already knew that." I rolled my eyes, smiling slightly.

We stayed quiet for a few moments.

He leaned forward, looking closely at my face.

I knit my eyebrows together.

"Is that from Professor Lupin?" He pointed at the huge scratch running across my eye.

My hand immediately went to my eye.

"Oh, yeah it is." I rested my hand in my lap.

"Oh, I'm sorry." He looked at his hands.

"Eh, it's nothing bad." I chuckled, "Nothing besides the raw meat cravings and the habit to howl at the moon. You know, the usual."

He chuckled.

"How is Professor Lupin and Sirius?" I asked, "I talked to Professor Lupin over the summer but I never go the chance to talk to Sirius, although I got his kind gift."

"I haven't had the chance to talk to them recently but I'm sure they're doing well."

"That's...good..." I got distracted, watching Hermione and Ron arguing in the hallway. "Pardon my behaviour, but I've got to run. I'll talk to you later."

I got up quickly, ready to support Hermione in her argument.

"He's using you." Ron muttered.

"How dare you!" Hermione gasped. "Besides I can take care of myself."

"Doubt it. He's way too old." He shrugged, way to calm for the argument he was in.

My blood was boiling, I was angry for Hermione.

"What? What? That's what you think?" Her eyes were watering.

"Yeah that is what I think." He sneered.

"You know the solution then don't you?" Her voice broke.

"Go on."

I rolled my eyes, he really is clueless.

"Next time there's a ball pluck up the courage and ask me before somebody else does, and not as a last resort." She cried. I nodded, damn right.

Harry walked up standing next to me.

"Go on, then." He whispered, nudging me forward.

I sighed, pulling him by his arm.

"Well that's completely off the point." Ron stammered, he noticed Harry and I walking towards him. "Harry..."

Hermione stormed up to him.

"Where have you been?" Harry turned to point at me. "Nevermind! Off to bed both of you." She shouted.

I let go of Harry's arm as he and Ron walked up the stairs.

"They get scary when they get older." Ron muttered to Harry.

"Ron you spoil everything!" Hermione shouted at him. She sat down on the stairs, taking off her shoes.

I sighed, sitting down next to her. She leaned into me, crying into my bare shoulder.

I took off my shoes with one hand and put the other arm around her, rubbing her shoulder softly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been at least half an hour of us just sitting there.

"I'll be right back." I tapped Hermione's arm, who I'm pretty sure was asleep on me. She nodded sleepily and I stood up.

I slipped on my heels, going back into the Great Hall. I found Dean sitting at a table on the side.

"Merlin, Dean. I'm so sorry." I sighed, sitting next to him.

He looked over at me, not saying anything. I was with Hermione and it completely slipped my mind. He looked at me before looking behind me. I glanced behind me to see Hermione standing a few yards aware. Her face was tear stained and she looked very worn out.

He nodded, smiling tiredly.

"Oh, thank you." I sighed, feeling relieved. "I'll make it up to you."

I rushed back to Hermione, ushering her out of the Great Hall.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stood in front of what I assumed to be the entrance to the Gryffindor common room.

"I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?" I cocked my head to the side, "We can meet up at lunch."

She nodded. "Thank you for helping me with... everything."

"Of course, I couldn't watch Ron just push you around." I scoffed. "See you tomorrow."

She hugged me and I smiled, taken aback before hugging her back.

"Goodnight." She whispered tiredly.

"Goodnight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

323K 6.4K 35
UNFINISHED STORY, ON HIATUS - MARKED AS COMPLETED 25/07/2023. 18+ ๐™ง๐™š๐™–๐™™๐™š๐™ง๐™จ ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ก๐™ฎ. ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ช๐™ง๐™š ๐™จ๐™š๐™ญ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก ๐™˜๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™ฉ. ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฐ๐˜ต ๐˜ข ๐˜ด๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ...
1.1K 73 34
"Can i trust anybody?" I asked and fumbled with the treasures left. "You will soon see My dear" Snape answered. Looking back. I had companions and en...
3.1K 191 79
"even though we never said it to each other we knew." ยปยป- -ยซยซ In this story, We see the point of view of a Weasley Girl, her name is Alice Abigail We...
45K 1.1K 47
The life of a girl who felt she was second best to everyone but one day a secret is revealed and she finds out she isn't where she belongs. Follow In...