It Started With a Bet

By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth Jindal is a young Dermatologist. He is everything a girl could want in her life partner... He is ta... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Epilogue
Epilogue cont.
Hello friends
New book

Chapter 14

9.9K 836 496
By ChhaviGupta51

Siddharth's POV

Bhai went out of my room and walked towards his. I was still trying to figure out what just happened. He was really angry now. Maurvi looked at me and raised her eyebrows asking me what happened? But I was shocked as well.

Just then bhai's phone started buzzing. He picked it up.

" Hello?? Yes? What??..... but why? ...... But I am on leave today..... Ok, fine, I will come for just 1 hour. " He said and went to his room.

" What happened?? " Maurvi asked me.

" Nothing. "

" Then why is he behaving like that? "  She asked.

" I was talking to... a friend of mine and he heard the conversation and wanted me to tell him about that. I didn't, So... "

Bhai came out within ten minutes. He had already taken bath. He didn't look at us and went to the kitchen to get a glass of water. He drank it and picked up his phone, bag and his car keys.

He was going to the hospital without eating anything, he must be really angry.

" Please have your breakfast first. " Maurvi said to him but he shook his head and said, " I am not hungry. "

" But... Please don't do that, you were about to have your food just a few minutes back. "

" Yes,  but I am not hungry anymore. you have breakfast.  Bye, I will be back in an hour or two please be ready." He said and was about to go out without even looking at any of us when I caught his arm.

" Bhai,  please wait! I am sorry. It's not that I am in any kind of problem. I am just not sure what it is? There was just some misunderstanding with a girl. I was trying to clear that but she was not even listening to me. I was getting annoyed at her but it came out on you as you asked suddenly. I was irritated with the situation. Sorry !! please, have breakfast. " I said and he nodded.

We both sat down to have breakfast.  Was he angry with maurvi as well?

" Who is Shruti? " He asked.

" Do you remember that girl I bumped into on Holi... and then we fell in the water? " I asked. Bhai thought for a second and nodded.

" She is Shruti. "

" So, how do you know each other? "

" We are in the same medical College she is my junior by 3 years. One day my whole group went to do light-hearted ragging of the freshers. A girl from our group was ragging the fresher girls and it was very good, healthy and hilarious ragging. Even the freshers were enjoying it. I saw her and as she is very cute,  so I kind of liked her and asked her to have a coffee with me. But she said she was not interested and some other rude things. I felt bad but my friends got offended. They said-  'come on Sid you can do it. Make her fall for you. We bet you can do that. Just use your charm on her.'  I just calmed them down. I just laughed, shrugged and forgot about it. " I said. I had never been so serious in my life.

" Hmm, then what?? "

" Over the period I tried talking to her but she always thought that I was a big flirt. One day I saw a few guys who were her senior but junior to me were teasing her. I scolded and threatened them to stay away from her.  And after that, I went off without saying anything as I didn't want to ask her again and then get turned down. I helped her a few more times."

" Then what?? " I asked.

" This kept going for 2 years but I never talked to her again.  She came and thanked me and then once more I asked her to come for a coffee as I couldn't stop myself from trying just one more time. She was a bit hesitant but agreed to come. We both went for the coffee. Then we gradually started dating. But then one day after our date, I went to college... I was with my friends...My friends were teasing me about her, but I didn't bother. One of my friends asked me about my feelings for her... I was not sure, but I liked her. Moreover, I couldn't tell them without asking her officially first. So I said we were just friends. Mayank thought that I made her my friend just to win that silly bet. And congratulated me for winning the bet which I didn't even remember. I didn't like it...  I was feeling a bit awkward as I liked being with her. I didn't do anything to boost my ego or something. I loved every minute of the time we spent together. I was quite preoccupied with all this. Just then one irritating girl who had some kind of crush on me started flirting with me. I was about to tell her to stay away from me when a felt a sting on my face. I turned to look, I saw a bit hurt and furious Shruti standing right in front of me. She slapped me again and said that I am a bloody cheapster, who get pleasure by making innocent girls fall for him, and then showing off to his friends that how many girls fell in his trap. She also said that she doesn't want to even look at such a person who is flirting with another girl, right after he got back from a date with another. "

"  How did she came to know all that? What happened after that?  "

" She had come to get her book which got mixed with mine when we had gone for the date earlier. She had an exam the next day so she came back to get that book from me. I wanted to explain everything to her but I was so shocked at whatever happened. She just took the book and left... Without a second glance at me. I could not even say a single word. "

" But why didn't you tell her the truth later on ?" Maurvi asked.

" She changed her number and blocked me on social networking sites. I tried talking to her but she even refused to look at me or hear a single word from me. " I said.

" Listen, Sid, I don't know what you think.... but I think, I know how you are feeling right now. Just think about all the pros and cons of the action you are planning to take. Just think of one thing, if it is ok for you to not have her in your life? If it is ok for you to see her with someone else? Just think. " Bhai said and then a mobile ring brought us all back to the present.  He picked it up as it was from the hospital.

" Yes, I am coming please call the patient. Keep everything ready. Tell the patients to be ready as well for the scans. I will reach there in twenty minutes. "

" I have to leave right now,  there are a few patients and another radiologist has some emergency at home. I will be back in two to three hours. "

" Ok, but don't bother to come back to pick me. I can drive there. " She said to him.

" No, I don't want you to come alone. "

" What??  But I can drive and I go to my college every day. What is wrong with you?" She was annoyed.

" Ok, listen... I have to buy a gift for mom as it's her birthday the day after tomorrow. so, I am going to market. She can help me in doing that and I will drop her where ever you want. Is that ok with both of you??" I asked looking at both of them. They just nodded.

" Yes, it is ok with me. Bye " he said and went off. I shook my head a bit.

" What is wrong with him? " Maurvi asked.

" Just being a bit protective about you. " I said and she smiled at that.

She went to her place to get ready and came back in half an hour. I was also ready and started the car and drove towards the market.

" Siddharth... Are you missing her? " She asked.

" Hell ... Yes. "

" You said that she hasn't talked to you since then and even changed the number, then from where did you get her new number? "

" I got it from Vidhi, Shruti is her childhood friend. I persuaded her and she gave me the number. "

" So what are your feelings for her? " She asked me.

" I don't know... I am not sure... "

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Good morning friends ☀️🌺

Here is my update for the day. I hope you liked it please let me know.

Take good care of yourself and have a nice day.

Please vote, comment, share and follow.

Thanks
Chhavi😍😀❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 85 8
Sample chapters... She is very sweet and quite childlike, has a different kind of innocence, while he is way too mature. She is too open minded wher...
246K 10.4K 59
At two opposite ends of the spectrum, Bound by the shackles of marriage. Aarav Singhania Rhea Aggarwal Aarav Singhania, a 27-year-old tycoon, The bi...
47.1K 4.5K 50
Now available on Amazon Kindle as "INNOCENTLY BEAUTIFUL LOVE" "Don't be a spoilsport Aadhu. You can't just back out from a simple dare," said Aayush...
147K 5.4K 43
Book 1 of Fabulous Four series He believes in living in the moment. She wants everything planned. He believes love is one's strength. She believes i...