𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐨𝐲 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞...

By ScribblingQuills

☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ (Harry Potter x Fem! Reader) ❝ 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐡𝐨𝐰 �... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Sirius Black?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Tea With Buckbeak
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Boggarts & Butterbeers
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ First Outburst
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Fall & The Map
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Just Play Along
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ In The Snow
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Expecto Patronum?
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ The Stag & The Chaos
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Anger Issues
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ Obscurus
Y3 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙ It All Makes Sense
Author's Notes
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Burrow
Y4 .。.:*☆ Several Arrivals
Y4 .。.:*☆ Better Than A Veela
Y4 .。.:*☆ Y/N's Confession
Y4 .。.:*☆ Beauxbatons & Durmstrang
Y4 .。.:*☆ Potter Stinks
Y4 .。.:*☆ Read The Room
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Felt Feelings
Y4 .。.:*☆ Chosen
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Woollen Hat
Y4 .。.:*☆ The Task & The Aftermath
Y4 .。.:*☆ That Rita Skeeter
Y4 .。.:*☆ Live On
Y4 .。.:*☆ Too Good At Goodbyes
Author's Notes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Living With A Marauder
Y5 .。:+*✧ Love, Isn't It?
Y5 .。:+*✧ Grim Old Place
Y5 .。:+*✧ Hogwarts Again
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Rocky Start
Y5 .。:+*✧ Scars & Secret Meetings
Y5 .。:+*✧ D.A. Fights Back
Y5 .。:+*✧ Punishments & Pebbles
Y5 .。:+*✧ I Gave You My Heart
Y5 .。:+*✧ A Victorious Valentine's
Y5 .。:+*✧ It's Just a Game
Y5 .。:+*✧ Night Changes
Y5 .。:+*✧ Escaped & Captured
Y5 .。:+*✧ The Baffling Battle
Y5 .。:+*✧ Part of a Prophecy
Author's Notes
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A New Beginning
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Your Wish Is My Command
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Birthday Surprises
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Trouble At Tryouts
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Draco & Pansy
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Hell of a Ride
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Falling Apart
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ A Match to Remember
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Reconciliation
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Out in the Meadow
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ The Unplanned Mission
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Dumbledore's Demise
Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Until the World Ends
Author's Notes
Y7 .。.:*༄ Harry's Arrival
Y7 .。.:*༄ Our Last Summer
Y7 .。.:*༄ Planning & Hiding
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Capture
Y7 .。.:*༄ They Think You're Dead
Y7 .。.:*༄ Scamander on the Loose
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Doe
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Lovegood Fiasco
Y7 .。.:*༄ The Escape
Y7 .。.:*༄ Pipette Widows
Y7 .。.:*༄ A Battle Begins
Y7 .。.:*༄ Fire & Destruction
Y7 .。.:*༄ The End
Ten Years Later

Y6 ༓*˚⁺➵ Christmas Company

85.9K 2.9K 37.7K
By ScribblingQuills

A/N ~ Happy Pride Month, everyone!!<3

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

There he was, just standing there, his eyes unfocused and his arms tightly held by Romilda Vane.

Y/N quickly pulled Hermione after her as she hurried away from Harry and Romilda, trying not to be seen.

Of course, she really didn't need to try; Harry's eyesight was horrible and he didn't have his glasses on.

"Huh, no Cormac around," Hermione whispered, jogging after Y/N. "He's just suddenly gone."

"Probably swallowed one of those horrid dragon tar-tar things," Y/N muttered bitterly.

She finally stopped walking and let go of Hermione's arm when they arrived by the dance floor.

The music was now lively, not very Christmas-like, but seemed to be entertaining everyone.

Almost half the guests were now dancing, including Professor Slughorn and his former students.

Ginny was boldly showing off her dancing abilities with her friend, Melinda Bobbin, in the middle of the dance floor, both lip-syncing to the song and spinning each other around.

Pansy was with them, not dancing as wildly, but was grinning and moving her body subtly, watching Ginny and Melinda with amusement.

Luna seemed to be teaching Rolf a traditional dance, while Rolf tried to copy her hopelessly.

"Should we join them?" Hermione asked, grinning, already tamely moving her body to the music.

"Wait, I'm thirsty," Y/N lied.

"I can see that," Hermione smirked, glancing at the back of the room to where Harry, Romilda, and Professor Trelawny stood.

Y/N acted oblivious of the comment and quickly grabbed two drinks off the tray a student waiter in a white suit was holding.

"Drink?" She offered one tall glass to Hermione.

"Sure..." Hermione said hesitantly, frowning. She grabbed the sparkling drink and took a small sip. "After we finish the drinks, can we go dance?"

"Of course- I've got your back," Y/N smiled warmly, and took a step back. "from right here."

"Oh, what fun is that?" Hermione protested, giving Y/N a bitter look.

"I don't have a date with me, today, Hermione," Y/N uttered, taking a nervous gulp from her glass.

"That, I'm am aware," Hermione said grimly.

"Look around you, Hermione, everyone's got a date," said Y/N a tongue click. "what would Romilda Vane say when she finds out-?"

"Oh, I don't think-"

"I'll answer that-" said Y/N, "she'll make sure every single Gryffindor knows I came here all lonely, like how she made sure they knew about mine and Harry's fight."

"OK, first off, lots of people are here without a date," Hermione smiled, putting a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "I had to escape mine. Maybe you're the lucky one here,"

Before Y/N could say anything else, however, there was a slight commotion coming from the entrance of the office.

Everyone fell silent, even the band, and stopped dancing and talking.

Their heads turned to Draco Malfoy, who was being dragged by the ear into the room by Argus Filch.

"Draco?" Pansy's face fell as she caught sight of him. "What- what's going on-?"

"Professor Slughorn," wheezed Filch, "I discovered this boy lurking in an upstairs corridor. He claims to have been invited to your party. Did you issue him with an invitation?"

Malfoy pulled himself free of Filch's grip, looking furious.

"All right, I wasn't invited!" he said angrily. "I was trying to gate crash, happy?"

"No, I'm not!" said Filch, "You're in trouble, you are!"

"That's all right, Argus, that's all right," said Slughorn, waving a hand. "It's Christmas, and it's not a crime to want to come to a party. You may stay, Draco."

Filch's expression stretched with outraged disappointment. He turned and shuffled away, muttering under his breath.

Malfoy had managed a smile onto his face and was now thanking Slughorn for his generosity.

"It's nothing, nothing," said Slughorn, waving away Malfoy's thanks. "I did know your grandfather, after all..."

"He always spoke very highly of you, sir," said Malfoy quickly. "Said you were the best potion-maker he'd ever known."

Y/N stared at Malfoy. She noticed he looked... ill.

He had dark shadows under his eyes and a grayish tinge to his skin.

"I'd like a word with you, Draco," said a cold voice from nearby that Y/N recognized immediately.

Snape came stepping forwards, facing Malfoy, his outfit looking no different than his usual black robes.

"Now, Severus," said Slughorn, hiccuping, "it's Christmas, don't be too hard-"

"I am his Head of House, Horace," said Snape curtly. "Follow me, Draco."

They left, Snape leading the way, Malfoy looking resentful. Y/N stood there for a moment, her eyebrows furrowed.

"Hey, Hermione..." she said slowly, her eyes still glued to where Malfoy and Snape stood moments ago. "I'll be back in a bit- er- bathroom. Go dance without me- please. Just go."

"Alright, fine," said Hermione cheerfully, rolling her eyes slightly.

It was easy for Y/N to slip out of the party. Not a single soul noticed her department.

She walked out into the quite deserted corridor and held back for Snape and Malfoy to turn a corner.

Then, she ran down the corridor, her shoes clicking loudly, but was luckily masked by the music still issuing from Slughorn's office.

She pressed an ear against door after door, dashing down the corridor until, with a great jolt of excitement, she heard Snape's voice.

"-cannot afford mistakes, Draco, because if you are expelled-"

"For the last time, I didn't do it, okay? I didn't hex that Bell girl- don't look at me like that! I know what you're doing, but it won't work!"

There was a pause and then Snape said quietly,

"Ah... Aunt Bellatrix has been teaching you Occlumency, I see."

"Well, I damn well don't want you butting into my mind!"

"Listen to me," said Snape, sharply, "I swore to your mother I would protect you. I made the Unbreakable Vow."

"Looks like you'll have to break it, then, because I don't need protection!" Malfoy hissed.

Y/N felt her feet go cold. She knew exactly what the Unbreakable Vow was and the risks the vowers would have to take to agree to it.

Whatever Malfoy was assigned to do, it was certainly not some Potions project.

She continued to listen to their voices, arguing back and forth.

The argument went on until even Y/N got tired of hearing each of their never ending reasonings.

"If you tell me what you are trying to do, I can assist you..."

"I have all the assistance I need, thanks, I'm not alone!"

"You were certainly alone tonight, which was foolish in the extreme. Wandering the corridor without lookouts or backup."

"I was chosen for this," snarled Malfoy, "out of all others- me! And I won't fail him."

Silence grew again, and after a second of nothingness, Y/N heard Malfoy's footsteps from the other side of the door grow louder abruptly.

Her panic grew immediately as she realized she won't be able to dart out of the corridor in time without being spotted.

However, just as sudden as her panic, someone behind her- someone invisible- wrapped their arms around her waist and pulled her right under whatever they were hiding beneath.

Y/N almost screamed, but that same someone clasped their hand around her mouth and held onto her body firmly, silencing her completely as the door burst open.

Malfoy strode away down the corridor, past the open door of Slughorns office, around the distant corner, and out of sight.

A few seconds later, Snape followed him out, his face glazed with frustration.

Hardly daring to breathe, Y/N waited a good ten seconds before finally scrambling away from Harry's arms.

Harry's invisibility cloak dropped to the ground, revealing a flustered-looking Harry in his grey suit.

His hair was messier than ever, and his glasses were put back on and were slightly lopsided.

Y/N stared at him wildly for a few seconds, breathing heavily as her heart pounded against her chest.

"What were you thinking?" she finally asked.

"What were you thinking?" Harry retorted, picking up his cloak and returning her firm gaze. "If I weren't here, you would've been caught."

"Couldn't you just tap me on the shoulder?" Y/N scowled, fixing the strap of her dress and adjusting her flower crown.

"And I'm supposed to apologize for saving your arse?" Harry tutted, shaking his head. "It's alright, next time I'll just let Snape put you in months' worth of detention."

Y/N could tell he was mocking her. The way he didn't break his stare and the way his lips curled slightly.

"Why weren't you wearing your glasses, back there?" She blurted, in an attempt to change the topic.

"Why'd you ask?" Harry smirked.

"Because you're practically blind without your glasses," Y/N snapped, earning an amused look from Harry.

"Romilda said I looked better without my glasses," he replied, his tone less challenging.

"That's messed up, then. You can't see shit." Y/N acknowledged bluntly. "What if you crashed into the chocolate fountain?."

"That would be brilliant," Harry shrugged, then looked down at her with a grin. "you look really nice, by the way."

Y/N continued to stare at him with an unreadable look.

He was acting entirely different from the night of their fight- he was acting like Harry.

Her Harry- that she has known and loved for years.

Slowly but visibly, Harry's smile slid off his face. He clenched his jaw as he realized how desperately he longed for her and how much he'd missed her.

He couldn't read her expression- what she was thinking, what her feelings were, but he was sure about his

He wanted to seize her shoulders so she wouldn't walk away, and explain to her how he truly felt.

He wanted to hug her tight, in his arms, and tell her how he was sorry, how he didn't know what got into him- how he was deeply and madly in love with her.

Then they'd go stroll around the grounds, talk whilst lying in the snow until they were sleepy.

Then, he'd bring her to his dorm and hum to her like he always did, and she'd fall asleep in his arms like she always did.

And she'd be right back where she belonged- with him.

"You can't do this, Harry," Y/N shook her head, looking away from him. "You can't- I'm not letting you act like nothing happened-"

"Y/N, I tried-"

"-not after what you said," Y/N took a step away, "not after what you did. Not just that night, but all those years- lying."

Not giving him a chance to throw her an excuse, Y/N glared at him up and down spitefully once more, before turning away and striding out of the corridor.

Harry called after her, but it was no use. She was gone.

He stared after her, wishing she would walk back into the corridor, but she didn't.

After a minute of staring, Harry gave up. He cursed himself under his breath and tucked his cloak into his pocket aggressively.

Then, knowing that his eyes dangerously stung with tears, Harry paced away from the corridor and didn't return to the party.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It was the day after Slughorn's Christmas party and the start of their Christmas holiday.

Snow was still falling just gracefully. Most students were returning home for Christmas, some were staying behind. Y/N was going home to her godfather this year.

"Oh, there you two are!" Ginny beamed at Y/N and Hermione as she entered their compartment on the Hogwarts Express.

"Hey, Ginny," Y/N gave the redhead a little wave.

Ginny came in and pushed her trunk under the seat, before petting Caz the Pygmy Puff, who jumped up and down next to Y/N excitedly.

She grinned at the puffskein, scooped him in her hands, and slumped down next to Y/N with a heavy sigh.

"You're not sitting with your friends?" Hermione questioned, for both she and Y/N knew Ginny was popular in her year.

"You guys are my friends," Ginny smirked, which earned a smile from Hermione. "anyway, where are you going for Christmas, Hermione?"

"Oh, just the usual," shrugged Hermione, flipping the pages of her book. "with my parents."

"Y/N, you'll be at mine on Christmas Day, aren't you?" said Ginny, turning to Y/N, who was staring out the window into the white landscape outside.

Y/N went silent for half a second, before realizing Ginny was talking to her.

"Oh- I mean, I hope- I have to see what Remus has to say," said Y/N quickly, "I'll be going back home first, though."

"Hey... you alright?" Ginny asked, frowning, as she narrowed her eyes at Y/N.

"Of course, I am," said Y/N, giving her an assuring smile, "just thinking..."

"You've been thinking since last night." Hermione peered up at Y/N with a knowing look.

She was referring to Snape and Malfoy's conversation, which Y/N had told her all about right after the party.

"Did you two like the party?" Ginny asked enthusiastically, her eyes glowing with excitement.

"Uh- It was alright," Hermione shrugged. "could be better."

"I second that," Y/N muttered, trying to ignore the picture of Harry in a suit. "What about you, Gin? Seemed like you had fun,"

"Ugh, I really did, didn't I?" Ginny jabbered, rolling her eyes to herself, grinning, "I typically don't like parties, but I've got to give it to Slughorn on this one."

"Did you meet Dorcan Wells?" Hermione suddenly asked, grinning. "The Hufflepuff seventh year?"

"Why'd you ask?" Y/N frowned, eying Hermione skeptically.

"Yeah, why?" Ginny chimed in.

"Well, he's a really nice guy, isn't he?" said Hermione, wiggling her eyebrows at Ginny. "He's head boy, and top of his class. Really charming, he is."

"Your point?" huffed Ginny, sounding unphased.

"He seemed really eager when he asked me to your way, last night," Hermione shrugged, still grinning slyly, "did you... run into him, at some point?"

"I don't even know who he is," Ginny replied, sounding puzzled.

"Oh... so you didn't meet him?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. "why are you so joyful, then?"

"Does my joy solely depend on this man?" Ginny retorted, sounded slightly offended. "I had fun with my friends, that's why I'm so joyful,"

"There wasn't a guy?" Hermione raised her eyebrows.

"No guy," Ginny confirmed. "I swear to Merlin."

"Alright, alright," Hermione didn't sound so convinced but didn't bug on.

Though Y/N believed Ginny, she felt like the girl was hiding something from the two of them. Perhaps it was just her usual high Christmas spirit.

"Did you see Harry, last night?" Hermione questioned Y/N curiously. Y/N felt a sudden rush of panic. She didn't tell Hermione about her encounter with Harry.

"What- of course, I did, you did, too." she sputtered.

"Yes, but when you left for the restroom, he did, too," Hermione said slowly. "and he didn't come back for the rest of the party."

"I don't- I don't know," Y/N tried to sound as clueless as she was. Ginny and Hermione sent her a look. "I... might've... bumped into him."

"Something you have to tell us, Y/N?" Ginny smirked, nudging Y/N's arm. "Did you two, by any chance, make out- I mean... make up?"

She and Hermione burst into giggles and eyed the grim-faced Y/N.

"Hilarious, Ginerva, it's nothing close to that," Y/N muttered, "I saw him, but nothing happened, and I don't know where he went after that."

"Convincing enough," Ginny nodded thoughtfully, "as convincing as Hermione saying she isn't jealous of Lavender Brown."

"Hey!" Hermione snapped, making Y/N and Ginny snigger loudly. "There's nothing to convince because it's true!"

The three girls knew they were all hiding things from each other, but they were absolutely fine with not knowing some things about each other.

They knew admitting to one's feelings wasn't as simple as that.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

That afternoon, Y/N and Rolf arrived at Lupin Cottage by apparation.

They had dropped Luna off at her house, which meant Y/N had to endure two episodes of apparation in a matter of five minutes.

"You- are awful at apparating!" Y/N shrieked, once their feet met the grass of Remus' front lawn. She let go of Rolf's arm, her stomach feeling light and hollow.

"Luna didn't complain," Rolf shrugged, walking past her and towards the house.

"Because you tried your best, with her!" Y/N continued to complain, jogging after her brother. "and then you gave batshit effort, on the way here!"

"Moonyyy- Moony, are you home?" Rolf drawled loudly, ignoring his sister, reaching the door of the cottage and knocking on it rapidly.

Y/N gave him a deep glare. A few seconds later, the wooden door swung open.

The Scamanders found themselves beaming at a young woman with a heart-shaped face, very bright pink hair, and a glowing smile.

"Rolf! Oh, Y/N! Hey!" Tonks exclaimed.

She practically yanked the both of them into her arms and crushed them with a tight hug.

"Hey there, fellow badass Hufflepuff," Rolf grinned, hugging Tonks back.

"Love seeing your hair this colour, Tonks," said Y/N brightly, as Tonks pulled away and smiled at them both.

"I do too," said Tonks, swinging her hair and giving Y/N a wink. "Adds some life into this miserable world."

The three of them laughed and entered the house cheerfully, Y/N and Rolf already fighting over each other to tell Tonks about their time at Hogwarts.

Rolf was talking rapidly about Luna and Slughorn's party, while Y/N went on about Quidditch, a sport she grew to really like.

Y/N made sure not to specifically mention Harry. She didn't plan on telling either Tonks or Remus about their fight.

They all slumped down on the sofa and Tonks started to laugh hysterically when Y/N and Rolf started to bicker.

"Why do you get so upset when I talk about Luna?" Rolf snarled.

"I'm not upset, I love Luna, you're just annoying-!"

"You're just jealous I'm happy-!"

"You're just jealous I'm not annoying!"

"Nymphadora, you really are horrible at babysitting," came a raspy and warm voice from the door.

Y/N and Rolf fell silent and turned their heads to the entrance of the small living room.

Tonks let out a 'tuh' sound and rolled her eyes.

Remus Lupin was grinning broadly back at them all, leaning on the doorframe with his arms crossed.

He was wearing a grey coat and looked ragged and tired, though his face was filled with happiness.

"Moony!" Y/N and Rolf both exclaimed.

They jumped up from their seats and attacked their godfather with equally tight hugs.

"Look who's home," Remus chuckled, hugging them back and grinning happily. "Merlin, you're taller than me, Rolf- you've grown too, Y/N,"

The three laughed, finally broke apart, and went back to the sofa.

Remus sat next to Tonks and had an arm around her and Y/N and Rolf sat opposite of them.

"How are you two?" Y/N asked them when they all settled down.

"Well, a lot's happened, as you probably know, Y/N," Remus said, glancing at Tonks briefly, grinning from the corner of his lips.

"What's happened?" demanded Rolf, in slight concern. "what does Y/N know?"

"Oh Rolf, you dimwit," Y/N huffed, rolling her eyes, "is it not clear enough to you?"

"Hey, don't call your brother a dim wit," Remus scolded, sending Y/N a look that strongly reminded her of her father.

"I mean..." Tonks grinned, "he kind of is."

"Tonks!" Rolf complained as Y/N clapped her hands together in triumph.

"Y/N, you should apologize to Rolf," said Remus, sending her a look, then turning to Tonks. "You too, Ny- Tonks."

"Sorry, Rolf," Y/N huffed. Rolf looked at her unbelievably. "I'm extremely sorry your bowtruckle nest hair is preventing common sense from entering whatever lies within."

Rolf glared at her and Remus clicked his tongue.

Tonks was laughing in a way that made her look like she was dying of laughter, but no sound came out of her mouth.

The metamorphmagus gave Remus an uncertain look, for he was scowling at her, but maintained her laughter.

Remus shook his head disapprovingly, making Tonks start poking him in the face.

Remus tried to remove her hand but she kept going, making herself and Y/N roll with laughter.

"Look who's grumpy now," Tonks laughed, then proceeded to poke Remus on the nose. "haha, look at you- boop- AHAHAHA-"

"Merlin, what's wrong with you?" Remus shook his head, but he was grinning.

"Hey- tell me what's going on, people," said Rolf, crossing his arms and frowning around at everyone's behavior.

"It really isn't that big of a deal, Rolf," Remus chuckled, "Except for the fact that Tonks and I... well..."

"Well?" Rolf raised his eyebrows.

"It's been quite a journey," Remus sighed, squeezing Tonks' shoulder. "I just keep finding myself coming back to this- ball of energy-"

He grinned at Tonks, who already had the brightest smile on her face.

Rolf stared at them blankly for a moment.

Remus and Tonks turned back to him and waited for a reaction. Y/N could practically hear Rolf's brain freak out.

"You two..." Rolf started slowly. "does... does this mean- does this mean?"

"Bloody hell, yes!" Y/N laughed. "look around you, her stuff is everywhere! She's living with us, now."

Rolf gazed around, and, sure enough, Tonks' belongings were sprawled all over the living room. Rolf turned back to the witch herself and could see she wasn't in her Auror's uniform- just casual clothes.

"Remus, can I have a swear word pass?" Rolf asked calmly.

"What? No," Remus said quickly with a frown.

"Just this once?" Rolf pleaded, his voice as high as ever.

"No, I've told you," Remus said in a low tone, crossing his arms. "no swearing in front of me."

"Right, give me a sec," Rolf held up a finger, then smoothly stood up and walked out of the room.

Y/N, Tonks, and Remus stared at each other in confusion, as silence flooded the room. Then, moments later, from the direction of the kitchen, Rolf's voice rang the room.

"FUCK YESS!"

"Just this once, Rolfard!" Remus shrieked.

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

It was Christmas day, and it was snowing. Y/N, Rolf, Tonks, and Remus, had baked a magnificent apple pie just that afternoon and were off to the Weasleys.

Y/N was wearing the Jumper Mrs Weasley had sent to her that morning, which this year, was a soft lavender colour.

The four gathered in front of the fireplace and, one by one disappeared into its emerald flames.

Y/N went first and arrived in the Burrow's living room, where the ceiling was low and was packed with vintage furniture.

Y/N grinned around the cozy house she'd always loved and walked through the room, as she heard Tonks appear in the fireplace behind her.

She heard faint chatter from the kitchen and slowly walked through the living room.

The door of the kitchen was already open so Y/N could see inside. Everyone seemed to be busy preparing for dinner, they didn't even notice as Y/N stepped in.

There were about a dozen people there- all the Weasleys (except Percy and Charlie), Fleur, Sirius, and Harry.

Y/N's smile fell as her eyes landed on Harry, who was next to Ron, they both were doing whatever chore Mrs Weasley assigned them to do.

Harry was wearing a flannel, again, and Y/N couldn't help but help herself with a glance or two in his direction.

Fred and George were repeatedly pulling an astonishing amount of Christmas crackers, laughing ironically at each joke that boomed out of each cracker.

Fleur, Bill, Mr Weasley, and Sirius were talking light-heartedly, Bill laughing at something Sirius had said and Fleur looking puzzled.

Mrs Weasley was pouring something into a bowl. She looked up and smiled at Y/N, then did a dramatic double-take.

"Oh, Godric! Y/N, dear, hello!" Mrs Weasley exclaimed, her hand jumping to her heart.

The whole room seemed to have paused. Everyone stopped what they were doing mid-way and turned towards the entrance, where Y/N stood.

Sirius spotted her and grinned. Ginny and Ron beamed, Harry was slowest to realize, and as always, Mrs Wealsey and Fleur were quickest.

Y/N's smile reappeared, as the two women strode through the room, letting out excited squeals.

Fleur, who looked as beautiful as ever, got to her first and pulled her into a big hug.

"Oh, Y/N, Merry Christmas!" she exclaimed, over Y/N's shoulder. "I thought you were going to be late! Did you get my present?"

"Merry Christmas, Fleur," Y/N chuckled, as Fleur pulled away and kissed her on the cheek. "and I sure did, I really like it! Thanks!"

"Ugh, je vous en prie!" Fleur waved a hand like she was swatting away a fly.

"Happy Christmas, Y/N, Dear," Mrs Wealsey made her way through the gap between Y/N and Fleur and wrapped Y/N in her motherly arms.

"Happy Christmas, Mrs Weasley," Y/N smiled warmly and hugged her back. "thank you so much for the jumper and the sweets."

"It was nothing, dear!" Mrs Weasley chuckled, then proceeded to welcome Tonks, who just caught up behind Y/N.

"Come on in, don't just stand there!" Fleur chuckled, as she glided back to sit with her husband and pulled out a chair for Y/N with her wand.

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N!" George said in a sing-song voice. He attempted to shove her head playfully as she walked by, but she ducked just in time.

She grabbed a handful of confetti from the floor and threw them right at his face as revenge.

"Ooh, your Beater's instict is showing," Fred wolf-whistled. Y/N looked at him and raised her eyebrows.

"How did you know I made the team?" she questioned.

"Ah well, we heard from Ginny." shrugged Fred, "plus Quidditch is all we, Weasleys, really talk about."

"Trust me, I know... Happy Christmas, Sirius," Y/N went over and gave Sirius a hug.

"Back to you, Y/N!" Sirius said cheerfully. Everyone knew Christmas was his favorite holiday.

Y/N chuckled and walked across the room, admiring all the Christmas decoraation.

She made sure to gave Ron a quick grin, ignored Harry completely, and went over to help Ginny with drying the plates.

It was odd but understanding how the Weasleys, a magical family, continue to have their children do chores that could be done in two seconds with a flick of the wrist.

"Wotcher," Ginny greeted Y/N, sending her a warm smile as she approached her, "we've been waiting for you- are Rolf and Lupin coming?"

"Oh, yeah, they're on their way," Y/N returned her smile and picked up a plate to dry.

"Happy Christmas, Harry! Happy Christmas, Ron!" Y/N heard Tonks exclaim from where Ron and Harry were.

Y/N looked up to see the metamorphmagus giving the both of them a quick hug. When Tonks let go of Ron, she whirled back to Y/N, who immediately looked back down.

"Aren't you going to come to say hi, Y/N?" Tonks frowned, crossing her arms, "To your best friend and boyfriend?"

Y/N didn't reply, she simply looked at Ginny for help.

"You didn't tell her?" Ginny hissed.

The others were still talking, but Sirius had been listening.

"Harry, what's wrong?" He barked, noticing Harry's cheeks flush pink. "Why are you acting so odd?"

"He didn't tell him either..." Ginny whispered to herself.

Tonks and Sirius were now staring daggers between Y/N and Harry, sharing the same Black expression.

Y/N and Harry muttered something inaudible and didn't look up to meet any eyes.

Luckily, the moment was saved by Rolf and Remus' arrival.

"Merry Christmas, everybody!" Rolf boomed, as he dramatically glided into the room. "And make way for my werewolf godfather's best apple pie!"

He clapped loudly. Everyone in the room joined in and Ginny whooped. Fleur looked at Rolf weirdly and Remus sent him a dirty look as he walked into the room with their pie.

Rolf presented the apple pie they had made, greeted everyone in the room, and after that, Y/N and Harry's situation was forgotten.

Even Y/N and Harry themselves found the mini feast quite enjoyable. The atmosphere after dinner was also not horrible.

They were all supposed to be listening to a Christmas broadcast by Mrs Weasley's favorite singer, Celestina Warbeck.

Fleur, who seemed to find Celestina very dull, was talking so loudly in the corner that a scowling Mrs Weasley kept increasing the volume, and Celestina's voice grew louder and louder.

Fred and George started a Wizards Monopoly with Ginny, Ron, Rolf, and Y/N.

Fleur was watching them, saying she wanted to play the next round. Y/N didn't have the heart to tell her it was rare to have a 'next round' to Monopoly in one evening.

Meanwhile, Remus, Tonks, Sirius, and Bill were sitting beside the fire, each clutching a mug and having a very serious conversation.

"We danced to this when we were eighteen!" said Mrs Weasley, as another Celestina Warbeck song came up. "Do you remember, Arthur?"

"Hmm?" said Mr Weasley, who was peeling a satsuma, a few feet away from Remus, Tonks, Sirius, and Bill. "Oh yes... marvelous tune..."

Y/N briefly looked up from her pile of cards and saw Harry approach Mr Weasley. She had a strong feeling he was going to tell him about Snape and Malfoy.

And he did. Harry told Mr Weasley everything he had overheard between Malfoy and Snape and not long after, Remus, Tonks, Sirius, and Bill joined into the conversation.

"Has it occurred to you, Harry," said Mr Weasley, "that Snape was simply pretending-?"

"Pretending to offer help, so that he could find out what Malfoy's up to?" said Harry quickly. "Yeah, I thought you'd say that. But how do we know?"

"It isn't our business to know," said Remus unexpectedly. "Dumbledore trusts Severus, and that ought to be good enough for all of us."

"But," said Harry, "just say- just say Dumbledore's wrong about Snape? Do you honestly like Snape?"

"I neither like nor dislike Severus," said Remus.

"But he 'accidentally' let it slip that you're a werewolf, so you had to leave!" said Harry angrily.

"You are determined to hate him, Harry," said Remus with a faint smile. "And I understand; with James as your father, with Sirius as your godfather."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Sirius demanded. "There's no one who actually likes Snivellus,"

"I hated him too, as a student. I don't blame you, Harry," Tonks quickly said, earning a disapproved look from Remus and a satisfied look from Sirius and Harry.

Celestina ended her song on a very long, high-pitched note, and loud applause issued from Mrs Weasley.

"Is it over?" said Fleur loudly. "Thank goodness, what a horrible-"

"Shall we have a nightcap, then?" asked Mr Weasley loudly, leaping to his feet. "Who wants eggnog?"

Mr Weasley bustled off to fetch the eggnog, and everybody else stretched and broke into conversation.

Fred, George, Rolf, Ginny, Y/N, and Ron were still in the middle of Monopoly. Fleur was starting to understand the game.

Y/N rolled the die, which landed on four, and her playing piece was automatically moved forwards four spaces.

"My property! That's fifty from you, Miss Scamander," Ginny grinned at Y/N triumphantly. Y/N rolled her eyes and threw her a fifty.

"I still have more money than you, Ginevra," she grunted. "anyway, I'll be back- I need the toilet. Skip me if I'm not back next round if you must."

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

Before leaving the tiny two-by-four yard bathroom on the second floor of The Burrow, Y/N gazed at herself in the mirror once more.

She wanted, bad, to tell herself she was past all of it. That she was over him.

But the way she kept looking back by the fireplace the past hours told her otherwise. The way she would get so lost in him, sometimes Ginny had to elbow her back to reality.

Y/N sighed heavily, closed the water tap, and wiped her hands, before reaching for the door handle.

As she pushed the door open, the last thing Y/N expected was to see Harry right behind it. Yet, it was what happened.

Y/N gasped and jumped back in shock, and so did Harry, but not as drastically.

Then, it happened really quickly- Y/N fell back into the bathroom, lost her balance, and ended up on the floor of her bathroom with her right hand stinging with pain.

"Y/N! I- I'm so sorry," said Harry, bustling in and quickly kneeling down next to her. He tried to pull her up, but Y/N shook him off.

She let out a sound of frustration and annoyance and got herself up with slight struggle.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked in concern.

Y/N ignored him once more and picked up her stinging hand to examine.

There was a shallow cut that ran right across her palm and it was mildly seeping blood.

Y/N swore and looked at the floor next to her.

A single sharp-looking pebble lay there, as though looking up at her in a seemingly mock innocent way.

"Shit, your hand is bleeding," Harry whispered.

Y/N tried to ignore it and hide the cut from him, but Harry grabbed her wrist before she could get away.

He stared at her palm for a moment. Blood was now flowing out of it.

"Let me go-" Y/N tried to pull her hand away, but Harry's grip was firm. "Harry Potter, you let go of my wrist right now-"

"I'm not letting you go anywhere," Harry said firmly, "I'm going to bandage up your cut,"

"Mrs Weasley'll fix it in a quicker and safer way, thanks," Y/N snarled, attempting and failing, again, to break free from his grip.

"Right, that's not going to happen," said Harry. "Remus found out about our fight- he's furious. That's why I came up here, actually. Sirius is trying to calm him down."

"And?"

"What would he do if we went back and he finds out I made you fall and hurt yourself?"

"Well whatever he'll do, you truly deserve it." Y/N snapped. "I couldn't care less."

"Do you really want to ruin the Weasleys' Christmas?" Harry ushered, sending Y/N a challenging look. "Remus' anger isn't a joke. You'll trigger it even more with that cut."

"Don't you dare guilt trip me," Y/N fumed, "And for the record, I've always been capable of cleaning my own wounds, so I don't need your help."

"But when it's one of your hands that's wounded," Harry pointed out, "it isn't as easy."

Y/N glared at him in annoyance but couldn't deny that he was right- and Remus was very protective of her, especially when it came to Harry.

And, as Harry said, it wasn't easy fixing your own wounded hand.

"Sit here," Harry grumbled, patting the countertop beside the sink.

"Are you mad? I'll break it," Y/N jeered, stepping away from him.

"It's concrete," Harry said firmly, as he opened the cupboard under the sink and searched for a cloth and a bandage.

"I'm not following another order from you," Y/N scoffed, crossing her arms stubbornly.

"Suit yourself, I could carry you," Harry taunted, giving her a slight smirk.

Y/N scowled, but, not wanting that to happen, she rolled her eyes and pushed herself onto the countertop and waited, as Harry fumbled with the cupboard.

Moments later, he emerged, standing back up with a cloth and bandage in his hands.

Harry stood between her legs, as she sat not the countertop, and they gazed into each other's eyes for a moment.

"Your hand, please," Harry finally said, reaching out for Y/N's hand. She gave her his hand, still staring at him skeptically.

He grabbed her hand in the gentlest way possible, avoiding the wound, and holding onto it as if he feared he might drop it.

He wet the clean cloth in his hand and slowly washed away the blood from the cut, without ever looking back into Y/N's eyes.

In another reality, this situation wouldn't be so intense. Y/N would be telling jokes and laughing at her own stupidity as Harry fixed up her hand. Y/N's heart would be warmed by his gentle gesture.

But in this reality, her heart felt empty and heavy at the same time.

His eyes were always so sparkly. Like the Black Lake on a warm and sunny day. He looked like he needed a haircut- or at least a hair comb- but Y/N loved it like that.

She didn't know what they've become, but what she did know was... he still gave her butterflies.

"Earth to Y/N," Harry said quietly, grinning.

Y/N jolted back to reality and found herself staring back at a grinning Harry, who was slightly pink in the face.

She looked down at her hand, which was now cleaned and wrapped up. She then looked back at Harry.

"It's done," he shrugged, glancing down at her hand briefly, then back at her face.

Well, shit- his face was so close to hers... inches apart. His heart was pounding so bloody loudly... or was it hers? Y/N couldn't tell.

Harry reached out a hand, hesitated for a second, but when she didn't react, he tucked a piece of her hair away from her face.

She didn't swat his hand away, she didn't even speak- she simply let him do it.

"Merry Christmas, Y/N," Harry whispered. Y/N swore she could hear a tinge of regret in his voice.

His body was so close to hers, and she couldn't bring herself to pull away... but she had to. She had to pull away.

"Stop it, Harry," she whispered. She didn't snap at him- on the contrary, she didn't sound so willing to say it.

"Oh, I'm- I'm sorry," Harry echoed. He immediately stepped away from her and their gaze broke.

Y/N silently slid off the countertop and nodded.

"Merry Christmas," she grumbled.

Then, without another glance back or a thank you, she pushed open the bathroom door once again and exited.

Harry stood there in the middle of the room, hand still clutching a wet cloth, and feeling as empty as ever.

The door swung shut after Y/N left, and Harry stared after her regretfully.

He could tell by how she was looking at him earlier, she never stopped caring for him. Nor did he, but she didn't know that.

Harry cursed himself for not taking that opportunity to explain to her about that night and promised himself he was going to fix this somehow.

"I'm sorry, Niff," he whispered, though he knew perfectly well she could not hear him...

ϟ ͛ r⃒⃘

A/N ~ Soo for those of u who have been keeping track, you'll know I now update about once a week. I'm in my last few weeks of school (before summer break) and am very busy with exams and assignments, so bear with me for a while.

Tysm for ur patience and all the positive messages :) ILY<3

-ScribblingQuills

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 1.7K 52
𝐇𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄; 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜, 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝...
331K 5.5K 25
[discontinued] here ya go, my beautiful potterheads ⚡ NO SMUT, unless specified, but some of them are slightly suggestive. all the oneshots are fem...
73.8K 2.2K 75
"I used to think you were just a bully. But I'm coming to realize you're merely misunderstood." (ch. 27) Brianna Locousa has sworn to hate Draco Malf...
17.8K 409 38
❝𝖶𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋?❞ 𝖺𝗌𝗄𝖾𝖽 𝗁𝖺𝗋𝗋𝗒 𝗉𝗈𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋. ❝𝖨𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗎𝗌 𝗍𝗈, 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗐𝗂𝗅𝗅 𝗅𝖺𝗌𝗍...