All I Want | βœ“

By MIDNXGHTSUN

[ COMPLETED ] Eliana Oakley and Casen Walker couldn't be further on the other's spectrum. Eliana is twenty-o... More

( ALL I WANT. )
01 | heartbeat in my ass
02 | four empty seats
03 | don't roll your eyes
04 | way to not sound egotistical
05 | try not to lose it
06 | it's a recent thing
07 | put you on
08 | set you up
09 | do the bare minimum, why don't you?
10 | a peaceful night
11 | i can still flirt if you want me to
12 | carried away
13 | not the reason
14 | entire romano family
15 | pay for water
16 | don't spotters stare at their spottees?
17 | get a grip
18 | don't wait
19 | until you're ready
20 | frozen
21 | a little tequila
22 | something new
23 | moral support
24 | the chance
25 | several moments
26 | cabin in the woods
27 | truth or dare
28 | tears of happiness
29 | friend-tuition
30 | for a while
31 | deserve the world
32 | unavailable
33 | overthinking
34 | touchdown
35 | spell it out
*36 | euphoria
37 | government name
38 | happy
39 | coconut
40 | talent and skill
*41 | ink
42 | in this space
43 | happy people
44 | all i need
45 | animosity
46 | big kitchen
47 | choice
49 | dream
50 | white lines
51 | congratulations
52 | see you later
53 | all i want || the end
epilogue

48 | water

59.4K 3.1K 1.2K
By MIDNXGHTSUN

Nervous is an understatement to describe how I feel at the moment. I can't stop fiddling with my cufflinks or adjusting my already messed up tie. I planned to ask Eliana to do it for me when she finished getting dressed but of course, nerves pushed me to attempt it.

It wasn't a good attempt.

The prospect of going up there on a stage in front of millions of people, both in person and virtually, is enough to make me want to throw up.

Sure, I play in front of the same amount of people, but that's different. I'm not overly aware of what I say or do — I just play.

But it doesn't matter if I go up first or last, there'll be people there, watching, waiting, judging...

And if I didn't already have enough to worry about, my girlfriend has been uncharacteristically quiet for the past week. Even on the flight to Nashville, I expected she would be brimming with excitement how she has been whenever I brought up the draft just weeks ago.

Instead, Ana stayed to herself watching Netflix or just listening to music.

And then us staying in the same hotel room, I'd expect her to do what she usually does and practically try to crawl into my skin, but she fell asleep on the other side of the bed, not even holding my arm.

It's concerning.

I inspect myself in the mirror, despite the odd looking tie and nod in appreciation. Both my mom and Ana had a part in picking out the suit I was going to wear and I couldn't be more thankful.

My head bows for a moment just as I hear the bathroom door open. I peek through the mirror to see Eliana exit, her hair curled and dress hugging her curves. Her heels are by the door for when we leave.

She's absolutely gorgeous.

She doesn't even look at me as she walks further into the room, heading to the suitcase for her perfume. 

Seeing as she's not saying anything, I speak first, "You look beautiful, peach."

She glances up with a smile, "Thank you, Case." She pauses, running her eyes up and down my body, "You look handsome, love."

Here's the thing, it's not like she doesn't talk, she's just a bit dry with it and less talkative.

Her eyes catch on my tie and she raises a brow before approaching me and resting her hands on my chest.

"Good try." She mumbles and gets to work, her nimble fingers quickly tucking and folding where she has to. I, however, can't stop staring at her — her lashes, the highlighted bulb of her nose, her blushed cheeks, her glossed lips... She doesn't even need them to look pretty.

She just is. But now, with her recent attitude, I have this dark feeling looming over me like a thundercloud.

"Ana," I say softly. She hums, but doesn't meet my eyes, "Baby, look at me."

I can tell it takes everything in her to look up at me, and even then, she blinks profusely and sends me a forced smile. And then, the tears that gloss her eyes.

I rest a hand on her jaw, careful not to mess up her makeup or she'd kill me, "What's going on?"

She opens her mouth and her breath hitches as if she's about to answer, but then she doesn't. Nothing comes out and she's left tucking my tie back into the vest.

"I'm just really proud of you, Case." She sniffles, "And I'm so appreciative of you choosing me to be here by your side." As genuine as her words are, I just have this sinking feeling that she's holding something else back.

I want to confront her... tell her to be honest with me... tell her not to be scared to open up, but before I can, there's a knock at the door and barks coming from beyond it.

My head falls at the arrival of my teammates and I have to resist the urge to run my hand through my hair. Eliana scoffs out a small laugh and wipes her tears away.

"Uh," She kisses my lips before wiping off her gloss that transferred, "You can go ahead with your boys. I'll get Jo from her room."

She goes to step away but I take her hand into mine and pull her into my hold, hugging her like it's the last thing I'll do.

"I love you, Eliana Oakley." I mumble into her neck.

She rubs my back with one hand while the other caressing the nape of my neck, "I love you more, cowboy. See you out there."

"You don't have to take the offer now, Ana. I can give you some time to think about it." Florence reassures as if that's supposed to make me feel any better. Instead, it makes my heart sink even deeper.

My breath hitches in my throat as I gather my next couple of words, "H-How much time?"

Am I really thinking about this? I feel so selfish that I want to say yes, without question or thought.

I want to go and venture the world and run part of one of the most famous fashion brands.

This opportunity will launch me into the fashion industry, which is more than I could ever ask for as a woman who hasn't even graduated college yet.

But I don't want to leave the people in my life. I don't want to...

My mind is overrun with conflicting thoughts — thoughts that shouldn't even be there.

Selfish thoughts, self-less thoughts...

She tilts her head as if she can see the confliction in my mind, "How about until the show in June? That gives you plenty of time to think it over."

Two months to make a life changing decision. Some would say that's a lot of time, but I'm indecisive — my boyfriend is about to go to the draft and I know for a fact that he'll stay in Dallas and I'm almost certain a long-distance relationship with a football player isn't the most stable thing.

I just want to go home and cry into my pillow. But I can't do that.

Instead, all I do is clear my throat and nod, "Okay I'll think about it."

The energy in the building is raging with hype and nerves both wracking the atmosphere. Case's leg has been bouncing for the most part and he keeps running his hands together.

I run my finger along the nape of his neck before reaching under his low bun and massaging his scalp. He visibly loosens up but not as much as I hoped he would.

"You're okay, baby." Jo mumbles on the other side of him, sending me a look of support. I nod in return and continue to comfort him.

Sky and Ian are seated across from us, probably as nervous as us.

Ty is standing right by me, having downed about two bottles of water even though we've only been here for forty-five minutes.

At least he's hydrated.

"Water?" He offers.

We all laugh at his goofiness. One thing about Ty — he sure knows how to make us feel better. Well, slightly.

The televisions scattered around the room spans the outside of the building, a crowd of people going down almost four blocks just to witness this moment. This is crazy.

"Good evening, everyone and welcome to this year's Draft!" The host for the night announces on the stage, signaling the start of the picks.

Case now leans back, and takes my hand into his.

I turn to the Ty and Ian, "Y'all good?" I check on them. Ty is gulping down another bottle while Ian is chuckling and shaking his head.

I snatch the bottle from Ty and roll my eyes, "Stop."

His eyes widen, "Can a man drink his third bottle of water in peace?" He throws his head back, "Shit, now I gotta pee."

I shimmy over, closer to Case who now throws his arm over my shoulders, "Sit the hell down and chill out, bro."

The host continues for a moment, Case now caressing my shoulder and I turn to him for a moment, inspecting his side profile.

"Case." I whisper and he looks at me, "I'm really proud of you." He doesn't say anything, but I don't mind. I know what his prospective verbal response is — especially when he kisses my forehead.

"In the first pick of this year's NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select..." I can feel Case's heart pound against his chest, his breathing slow down.

I close my eyes and whisper a short prayer and then...

"Casen Walker!"

It feels like everything is moving in slow motion. We jump up in slow motion, we throw our hands up in slow motion, Case is pulled into his mother's arms in slow motion and I watch them in slow motion.

The pride in my eyes is insurmountable as I admire the man I love.

He's first pick.

It doesn't even register to me when Case goes around and hugs Sky, Ian, and Ty. And then... he's wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me from the floor, his head tucked into the crook of my neck for a second.

"I love you." He repeats, "Fucking hell, I'm so fucking in love with you."

And just like that... staying in Dallas inches closer to my top choice. I don't want to leave this. This energy, this family.

Him.

if y'all couldn't already tell, i have not watched a single draft. ever.

and yeah, ik players are supposed to get a call like right before the pick is announced BUT we switched it up today - make it more ✨ dramatic ✨

BUT I'M SO PROUD OF BBY CASE

what do y'all think eliana is gonna choose?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 215 23
Divine Jackson is driven. She's always had people to take care of, and that list barely included herself. So, it was hard making any room for a man...
28.8K 964 62
// BWWM romance // A black teen tries to make a name for herself in the mostly white world of country music. AshantΓ© wants to be a star like her id...
667 15 19
Ironically the one time Brielle tries to commit to a man for the long haul, he both cheats on her, rips open a terribly deep emotional wound and leav...
94K 6.8K 46
Mia Jones was the sole witness to a devastating tragedy that changed her life forever. With that change came a new perspective on life. She's very pr...