Light of Mine (RusAme)

By Amaura1406

"Good is such a strange word, don't you think? You think that you're good and I think that I'm good, but we b... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 69 - Meet the Author

Chapter 68

2.9K 97 491
By Amaura1406

Ame's P.O.V

Sun-spots danced across my skin, as I stared up into the blue sky.

It was warm outside on the beach. No clouds dared to interrupt the hot sun, as it's rays reflected off of the golden-pale sand. Occasional gusts of wind interrupted the bliss, but they were far and few between. The calming waves of the ocean crashed up along the shoreline, as their sound was drowned out by my kids' laughter and vows for revenge.

The tinted glasses on my face shielded my eyes from the harsh light, as I looked out and onto my kids.

"Watch out!" North Carolina screamed. "Sis has a gun!"

Behind her, South Carolina was dunking the water-gun into the water for an ammunition reload, "I'm gonna get you, North!"

Her comment made the other Northern state turn his head, and shout for his brother to throw him a gun, "Aye, bro, I need a water-gun!"

South Dakota shrugged his shoulders, as he grabbed one of the bright, plastic weapons, "Here." He tossed it over.

South Carolina was done now, and was chasing after her sister in the water, "Oh, sis, I'm getting closer." She warned.

North Carolina screeched, as she ran and ducked behind Texas, "Help me!"

Texas raised one of his brows, and glanced at the rampaging Carolina with a gun, before he dove away, "Nope!"

"Take that!" The more excitable Dakota bellowed, as he shot a squirt at South Carolina.

She shot back, and chaos ensued.

Soon, every state was involved in the water war in some way, shape, or form. Some were soldiers, others were tasked with gathering weapons, and some were thrown into the fray as sacrifices. Either way, it was fun to watch.

I placed the newspaper in my hands back down onto the sand next to me, as I sat up and watched the fighting.

The date in the newspaper was July fourth, two-thousand.

It had been the start of a new year, a new decade, and a new century. I had high hopes for the next hundred years, after all, humanity was growing faster than ever. New technologies, like the internet, were being invented daily, and I couldn't be prouder that most of them were being founded here.

There were also new changes with the world. New countries had been formed, relations had shifted, and a long-lasting stalemate had been formed ever since Nagisaki and Hiroshima happened. The cold war was over, and a new type of war had arisen from it.

I glanced over at my states, who were still fighting.

Sure, it had guns, but it also ensured global destruction.

Suddenly, water came splashing at my face, and it covered my glasses with little droplets. I wiped my face, as I removed the sunglasses, "Alright, who shot me?" I yelled.

All of the states stopped in their places, but the ones underneath the water kept going at each other. It took them only a second to realise what they needed to do, as they sunk into line. When no one answered me, I went over to the bag of squirt-guns that I had brought, and picked up one.

"Florida did it!" New York screamed, as he pushed his glaring brother forward.

"Not true, New York did!" As he said that, he drew up his weapon and began to squirt his accuser.

"Oh, you piece of bulldozed shit-" New York grumbled, as he attacked back.

"Watch your fucking language!" I yelled, as I stepped into the cool water to fill up my own gun.

"As if you give a shit-" Florida retorted, while he fell back into the water.

I quickly plucked my weapon out of the water, shut the lid, and pulled on the trigger. Soon, water was flying at the two of them, and a smirk covered my face.

The other states, realising what was going on, turned towards me and aimed. Salty water flooded my senses, as the liquid pelted my body.

"Charge!" One of them shouted, and multiple states came at me, and effectively toppled me over.

I crashed into the sea, as I shut my eyes, and held my breath. The states on top of me refused to get up, as new ones piled on. Luckily for me, Vermont, the state who initially knocked me over, couldn't hold his breath for too long, and retreated to the surface. I zipped up after him.

Little did they know that when I was underneath the water, I was reloading. With the plastic kid's toy in my hands, and a desire to win, I shot at the entire group.

Sadly, when everything was all said and done, I did not win...but I put up one hell of a fight.

The sun had dipped lower into the sky, but, since it was summer, it didn't make any difference. My states were simply chilling around, as they chatted with one another about random things. The majority of them were lounging about on the sand, while a few up there were having a sandcastle building contest.

My right leg was bent under me, for it supported my body, while it rocked along with the waves. My other leg was crossed over the other at an angle, while hands tangled with themselves. My breathing was steady, as my eyes focused upon the clear atmosphere above me.

"Um, Dad?"

I tilted my head over, as I abandoned my previous position for a sitting one, "What is it, Wyoming?"

He stammered for a second, as he played with his fingers, "Well, me and some of the other states were wondering if we should head back soon, since it's almost eight."

"Is it really that late already?" I stood up and patted his shoulder. "Then yeah, we should head home."

We both waded our way out of the water, "Hey, everyone. Start packing up, we're gonna go home soon." I announced.

All of the states were a bit tired, so it took a little longer, but they eventually managed to put everything away, and load it into the several bags that we had brought.

I lassoed together the few items that I had brought, and began the walk home.

We lived pretty close to the coastline, so it only took us about twenty or so minutes to travel from one to the other.

We arrived at home soon after, set our stuff down, and the states went off to do their own thing.

I went to bed after a bit.

I relaxed into the soft pillow under me, and I pulled a light blanket over me. Slowly, my eyes began to close, as rest took over my mind.

My eyes snapped open, as a whiplash struck my back. A hollowed out scream resonated around me.

They didn't even feel like mine anymore, they reminded me too much of other people for them to be mine.

I felt a cool liquid trickle itself down my back, and curve around my hunched torso. My arm shakilly reached for the droplet, let it drip down onto one of my fingers, and hesitantly brought it to where I could see it.

The crimson that stained my multi-striped finger was deep and luminous. In its wake, it turned to crust and vanished, but the droplet never seemed to have the same fate. It kept running down my palm, and then my arm, as it became smaller with each passing second. Eventually, it stopped moving and dissolved, just like it always did.

It was so shameful that watching my own pain has become entertainment.

So very shameful...

A blow to my ribcage brought me out of the limbo that my brain had been hanging between. I yelped, as I clutched the where the stinging had happened.

I was almost alway lying down, or sitting, since standing took too much effort nowadays.

A searing pain struck one of my fingers, as I began to see it rip apart from my body. I grabbed my finger with my other hand, but a force tore me away. The agony was intense, as the tiny limb's tendons teared apart.

The worst part was that I could still feel the finger, even if most of the connecting bits were cut off.

Then, it just stopped.

I thought that it would heal itself like it always did, but no, the pain ripped through my veins and warning signs flashed in my mind.

Instead, the torment continued, as the same finger on my other hand was torn off in a similar way.

My eyes were a mixture of shut tight and open wide, as the contorted reality of what was about to happen set in.

Finger after finger fell victim to the harsh abuse and treatment supplied by the Mind Scape.

After it ended, they dangled from my palm via one single connecting thread. I could feel everything that they could, and it was a horrific feeling.

Then my wrists started to burn, and I screamed, as they were forced open into two seperate pieces.

The next thing to suffer this was my elbows, then shoulders, then my toes, ankles, legs, and my quads.

I was now a twitching mess of jumbled-up body parts that were strung together like a puppet doll. My yelps, weeps, and crys surrounded me in a never ending cycle of agony.

For a second I thought it was over, but my body didn't go back to normal, so I braced myself for the next assault.

I waited, and waited, and continued to wait.

It never came.

I let myself relax, since there were no signs of it happening. Maybe it would never happ-

"Ahhhhhh-" I screamed. The pain was back, and worse than ever. My neck and head were being pulled apart, and I could hear a ripping sound going off.

Watery tears rolled down the corners of my eyes, as they remained widened. This was the longest one yet. It seemed to snap in rings, the larger ones went first, and the smaller ones followed.

Then, it was seemingly over.

I tried to breathe, but all that came in was a strangled attempt.

My fingers retracted back to the base of my hands, then my palms to my arms, my arms to my shoulders, my toes to my feet, my feet to my legs, my legs to my quads, my quads to my lower section, and my neck snapped back. It was a very fast recoiling reaction that made me whimper each time that it was performed.

Then, I had my full form back.

My joints were locked, and they hurt like all hell. Even moving my fingers was a tall task that I could barely accomplish. I couldn't sit up, the only thing that I could do was lay there in an awkward position, as blows continued to batter my body.

My mind wasn't even on the pain anymore, it was back to thinking about what it alway did; about what I missed.

Was it healthy? No, it damaged me more than any of the things that this place could do to me, but for some reason I continued to do it.

The first thing to come to my mind were my states. It had felt like they had abandoned me and left me to fend for myself against an angry manic. Infact, they chose that maniac over me, which hurt more than anything in the world.

And poor Russia, he must be feeling so alone...

He had been so insistent that I would live and be okay, but the opposite ended up happening. I bet that he was hurting more than I was...not physically, but emotionally.

Then there were my friends, who knew nothing. It must've been so sudden for them, to hear that their friend passed away, without any warning...

Trembling, I lifted up my arms and wrapped them around myself.

All of them were gone from my life, or death.

And I was gone from theirs.

There wasn't any light anymore...

There was only darkness.

Darkness of ours.

Word count 2011

...

Wow, I am just speechless...

I never really imagined making it here.

I am so fucking happy rigth now, y'all are so supportive of what I'm doing, and I amd just- *wells up*

Count-down: 0

Well...this is the last question I am going to ask you...

Did you enjoy the journey?

Also, I'm going to be doing a 'meet the author' chapter for number 69, 'cause why not.

And, I have one last thing for you. Here:

Have a great day/night/morning/evening/noon/midnight/any time!

-Amaura-Chan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 50 32
Edit (Dec 12, 2020): This story is a few months old now, and looking back at it in December, I'm now realizing that this story basically has no plot...
138K 4.3K 49
America has it all: fame, friends, allies, a supportive family- everything a country could ever want; but, when America's past and guilty conscience...
13.9K 256 20
Russia and Ame have had a rocky start. Things don't look like they're going to get better, until something suddenly happens. Now that Russia knows m...
387 29 4
America, long considered a huge cocky, confident asshole, who's somehow both stupid and irresponsible, and Russia, who's been thought to be sociopath...