Good vs. Evil

By duke_destin

Y/n Fawley was just another student in the background. Good grades but not good enough to be sought out. A go... More

Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chater 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Healing Era??
Chapter 68
Chapter Sixty nineeeee
Chapter 70
Chapter 71

Chapter 16

7.5K 218 48
By duke_destin

I slumped into the couch next to Fleur.

"Rude journée?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Garçons." I sighed.

"Ah," She nodded, "Ce roux m'a demandé aujourd'hui. Eh bien, en fait, il a crié."

"Crié?" I chuckled.

"Oui, Crié! Bruyamment." She laughed. "Puis il s'est enfui."

I tsked, shaking my head. "Dean Thomas m'a demandé, puis Harry Potter m'a demandé deux heures plus tard."

"Oooh, Harry Potter?" Fleur wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh, hush." I nudged her, "Avec qui vas tu?"

"Roger Davies."

"Davies." I furrowed my brows, "Depuis quand?"

"Il est ... tout à fait charmant." She shrugged.

"Uh-huh." I nodded slowly. "Quoi qu'il en soit, quand voulez-vous aller faire du shopping?"

"Demain après les cours?"

"Oui! Ça vous dérange si j'invite Hera?"

"Pas du tout." She smiled.

"Super, je vous verrai alors." I picked up my stuff, going back to my dorm. I tossed my things on my bed and went to freshen up before dinner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into the Great Hall, heading straight for Elijah and Hera.

As I walked to my usual spot, I saw the regular group of girls staring at me while Cho glared. I peeled my eyes off of them and kept walking.

A group of beaxbaton girls whispered and watched as I went past.

I sat down next to Elijah and Hera immediately turned away.

"What did I do now?" I asked, taking my eyes off of Hera.

"Rumour has it, Harry asked you to the ball." He stuffed mashed potatoes in his mouth.

"Word really travels 'round here." I muttered. I shook my head, looking back at Elijah. "Anyways, what does that matter?"

"Cedric Diggory, Harry Potter," He listed.

"Are you calling me a slut?" I laughed.

He paused, "Maybe."

I punched his shoulder.

"Anyway, Draco Malfoy."

"Draco Malfoy?" I scoffed, "Malfoy has never spoken a kind word to me in the 4 years that I've known him."

"I'm just saying," He shrugged, "Lot's of boys are enthralled by you."

"Doubtful," I rolled my eyes, "Cedric is literally just my tutor, Harry probably only asked me cause he's desperate, and Malfoy thinks I'm a blood traitor."

"Don't be so hard on yourself." He shook his head.

"And another thing, Harry Potter is The Boy Who Lived. Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to find a date if he actually asked someone."

Hera scoffed, mocking me under her breath.

I leaned forward, whispering to Elijah.

"That's quite immature, don't you think?" I furrowed my brows, "What's her problem?"

"Don't know," He shrugged, "But I know she's pissed with you."

"Why?"

"I don't know, what did you do?"

I sighed, sitting up straight again. "I don't have enough time to answer that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat down on the bed, already ready for the night. The only light in the room was from my lamp and it was quite peaceful.

I flipped to the next page of 'to kill a mockingbird', some random book from muggle studies. Hera opened and shut the door quickly, kicking off her shoes. She flew into the bathroom, slamming the door, all without saying a word.

I shook my head, rolling my eyes. I read my book silently as she passive aggressively slammed things around.

She better shut up if she doesn't want to wake the other girls.

She eventually settled in bed, sighing loudly as she did so. I tried not to let her bother me.

After a few minutes, she sat up straight.

"Turn it off."

I sighed, switching off the light and grabbing my wand. She laid back down, grumbling to herself.

"Lumos." I sighed. I continued reading, almost done with the chapter.

She sat up again.

"Do you mind?" She snapped.

"Nox." I sighed again. I put my book on my chest next to my bed and slammed my wand on top.

I burrowed into my blankets, trying not to lose my temper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I drug my feet all the way to my spot next to Elijah. Hera stopped talking, turning to her food. I leaned against the table, rubbing my temples.

"She's been driving me insane all morning." I muttered to Elijah.

"She'll get over it."

I sighed, grabbing two blueberry scones and putting them on my plate.

"Hera, can you pass me the jam?" I asked, motioning to the jar of strawberry jam.

She reached out to get it but moved at the last minute to grab a jar of apple butter.

She opened it up and started putting it on her toast.

"You don't even like apple butter." I groaned. She ignored me.

I reached past her to grab the jam. I sat back down, slamming the jar hard on the table. She flinched slightly before going back to eating.

I slapped some jam on my scones and ate them quickly. I got up, gathering my stuff.

"I'll see you after classes." I mumbled to Elijah.

I quickly walked to the hall, I turned back for a second to see Elijah and Hera arguing.

I rolled my eyes and made my way up the stairs to charms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I twirled my wand in between my fingers, waiting for Professor Moody to start the lesson.

"For the next few weeks, you will be doing a research project on how to protect yourselves from the unforgivable curses. You have all the sources in the library and a partner to help you." He said as he paced back and forth.

People whispered excitedly.

"That I will be assigning."

Everyone groaned.

He started writing the names of who would be partners.

'Granger & Fawley'

That's not bad. I shrugged.

I turned to Hermione, opening my book.

"So I have this book which is about dark arts so I'm sure it's in here." I started. "I don't know how many ways there are to protect yourself, my dads never talked about it but I'm sure we'll find something."

She nodded the whole time.

"And," She added, "I saw a book about the curses in the library just the other day. I can go check to see if it's there after classes."

"That sounds great," I nodded, "We can meet tomorrow at noon, say... by the lake, yeah?"

"Yeah," She nodded.

"Ok, good. And I'll ask my Dad about them, Im sure he knows all about them." I said as I gathered up my stuff. "Once we sort everything out we'll write an essay about it."

She nodded, gathering her stuff.

"Goodbye, Professor Moody!" I called, hoping he wouldn't stop us.

He grunted in reply.

"Say, who are you going to the ball with?" I asked, being nosy.

"Don't tell anyone," She leaned closer to me, "Viktor Krum."

"No!" I gasped, "That's so cool. Did he ask you?"

"Yeah!" She said happily.

"Wicked! Y'know how many witches would give up their wand to even have him glance their way?" I rambled, "Good for you."

She giggled as I nudged her shoulder.

"Well, I've got to get to Potions but I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked, straying from Hermione.

"Yeah, at noon." She said as she turned the corner.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

427 1 30
Fred Weasley story Also this is my first story so it probably sucks 😁 It's super cheesy and dumb in the beginning but I'm to lazy to rewrite it so...
189K 4.3K 40
Okay, you have no IDEA how much time it took me to try and make up a title or write a description. Please, before reading this description, note that...
25.8K 225 15
Yn Potter × Fred Weasley
1.3K 145 71
Written in first person, this is story of a Ravenclaw, Mary, who falls in love with Fred Weasley. At first, it's perfect, but she learns that he has...